Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Tybalt
Wand
Curly 11 1/2 Inch Sturdy Poplar Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
night shifts were usually quiet at st mungos with less staff woking and most patients asleep. it was a Monday night and one of the rare shifts that Rhiannon and Tybalt were working together. They had shuffled shifts around so that they could have a few days off for Tybalt birthday. where they had planned a holiday to Japan. It was a shame that they had had to work tonight but it would be worth it. Rhiannon had spent the start of her shift in the emergency department where she had helped a five year old who had broken her arm falling of her broom. a witch who had mistaken porcupine quills for snake fangs in a potion with disastrous results and a young wizard who said had been in a fight at a bar though his story wasn't quite matching up with the injuries that looked like they had been done by some kind of animal and not a person. she had had a look at the calendar and been glad to see that it wasn't a full moon. which was one creature that it couldn't be. between each patient Rhiannons eyes flitted to the clock. 10:30, 11:00, 11:30, 11:45. she could hardly stand the wait. 11:50. soon it would be midnight. at 11:55 she took her break. she picked up a small box before making her way out of the department and up the stairs to the ward where Tybalt was rostered to work. She found him just as the clock hit midnight. and waited in the corridor until he had finished with the patient. each second agony she waited now was agony. She wanted to give him his present now. she had waited until hid birthday and she couldn't wait a minute longer. after what felt like an eternity he was with her in the empty hall.
"Happy Birthday handsome" she said in a quiet singsong voice. before kissing him lightly. It was common know late that they were married even though she used her maiden name at work to avoid confusion. but they did try to keep things professional while at work. if any time could be an exception right now should. they were alone, it was quiet, it was midnight and hi birthday. and she just wanted to give her husband his present even if they had agreed on no presents until holiday.

Tybalt didn’t mind night shifts, on the ward they weren’t the busiest of times. Usually he was just around to help out as most of the patients slept. It didn’t mean he could slack off or didn’t find things to keep him busy but it wasn’t too bad comparatively with other wards. He was working nights this week so he and Rhi could get the weekend together and celebrate his birthday. It wasn’t a big birthday by any means but he was looking forward to it. Rhi had been a bit odd the last few days, he wasn't quite sure how to describe it but the break away would be good for them. They would just be able to spend some quiet time away from everything. It just happened that his actual birthday was about ten minutes away and he was dealing with a patient, they hadn’t been responding great to the potions and Ty was there to try see if he could try and get to the root. He was concentrating but of course in the back of his mind was the fact it was very nearly his birthday. He finished up, writing up his notes for a nurse to be able to action, and then headed out of the room into the hall. He smiled immediately spotting Rhi. he took off his gloves binning them quickly before he let her greet him. ”Thank you dear,” he said in response, immediately putting his arms around her and kissing her back. He knew they such publics displays in their work place wasn’t entirely appropriate, but the hallway was quiet, it was late and no one was around. ”I cannot wait to be able to celebrate properly with you this weekend,”

Rhiannon had found out what she was giving Tybalt for his birthday two days ago. She had struggled so much to keep it a secret, She wasn't used to keeping secrets from him. the excitement had practically killed her. just the thought of it brought a smile to her face. so she had been trying so hard not to think about it but trying not to think about something inevetably led you to thinking about it. She had gone for a long walk. and had a long phone call with her mum because she had needed to share it with someone. she had made dinner feeling like she was controlling someone else body, and had been glad when one of them were at work or asleep so she wouldn't just blurt it out. She kissed her husband as her thought went to the present that he didn't know about that was right there with them. "I can't wait to celebrate with you when we go away. But I have a present for you to open tonight." she said. trying not to let herself grin too large and give her away. she pulled the box out of the pocket of her robes. It was small, a plain white box wrapped neatly but nothing over the top or overly fancy, it was what was inside that was exciting. "It is really just a token present" she said trying as best as she could to keep a straight face. It really was a token fo a present, just not in the way she was saying it. It was a token of something that was coming, not a small present to open before the proper one.

Tybalt smiled at her and nodded in agreement, he couldn’t wait to celebrate with her properly but he was a little surprised that she already had a gift for him. He took the little box as it was handed to him. It was a small box, it didn’t seem to fancy so he was a little confused as to what it would be. He was sure that it would be good, that it would be something heartfelt but he was a little confused by it. He gave her a little smile and nodded, ”I’m sure it’s perfect,” he assured Rhi as she said it was a token present. That or not he was sure it would be good. He opened the box and read the inscription before looking at the tiny little shoes. Baby shoes. Baby. ”You’re pregnant?!” he exclaimed with surprise and joy. Of course this was mostly confirming it and they had been trying for a few months now, but she was actually now pregnant. ”Rhi!” he couldn’t help but further say, he wrapped his arms around her in a hug and went to kiss her. This was the best birthday present he had ever gotten, he knew that there would be time until the baby arrived and his healer brain listed complications and problems that could stop it from happening, but today he could just feel joy and happiness with his wife and their growing family. It felt too perfect.

Rhiannon watched with bated breath as Tybalt slowly opened the box. she wished she had her camera there to capture his expression as she was sure it would be priceless. but standing there with a camera may give something away and take away from the pureness of the moment. she realised that she was fidgeting, she tried to stop but couldn't help it at least she couldn't until her hands came the rest on top of each other on her still flat stomach. not that it would stay like that for long now. She wondered if this was what he felt like when she was about to propose to her.
The paper slowly fell away leaving the blank box. she could see his look of confusion grow. it was so much to wait for. her eyes watched his as he read the short verse on the lid of the box. she didn't even breath with the thought that if she exhaled she would end up flirting out the news. instead she could watch as his expression changed from confusion to understanding to surprise and joy. she just nodded in response to his question. smiling wide as tear started to stream down her cheeks. "I found out on Friday. It has been so hard not to tell you, but with your birthday only four days away what better timing. I only almost told you four thousand times" she said. her words falling out of her mouth in a mixed up jumble of ideas. his arms were then around her setting off a new wave of tears as they kissed again this time it wasn't the chaste peck of before. but the thought of being fully work appropriate was forgotten with the news. and she was sure even the most strict and conservative patient or healer would understand given the significance of the news.

Tybalt could feel his heart soaring, simply so in love with his wife and their unborn child. He nodded as she said she’d found on friday and though obvious he’d have liked to know immediately this was immediately enough and really in the sweetest possible way, such a great present for his birthday and he knew that no birthday after this would ever be the same, by the time his next birthday rolled around they would have a baby. He kissed Rhi with as much love as he could convey. He pulled away from the kiss and smiled at her. ”I love you so much, this is the best birthday ever,” he said to her he knew it probably didn’t need to be said, but he felt it was so important to express how much this meant to him. There would be so much planning over the next few weeks, they would have so much they needed to figure out, so much that would be necessary for them to do and he just wanted to spend a moment longer in this moment with her. ”My patients are gonna think I’m mad, I’ll be grinning and smiling like crazy while I try to give them their treatment,”

Finding out that she was pregnant had left Rhiannon happier than she had been in a long time. not that she had been unhappy, not at all, her time with Tybalt had been some of her happiest moments. but the revelation just opened up several new levels of happiness. finally sharing it with Tybalt made it feel so more complete. As they kissed she forgot that they were in the corridor. though she wouldn't change this moment for anywhere else in the world. She was sure that between the two of them there would be no dementors for a long distance, she was also sure that in the future she would be able to think of this moment and cast the most powerful patronus she had ever cast. "I love you so much too. wow you ae calling that early. it hasn't even been an hour yet" she said joking slightly, though the knew it would be a lot to top this for either of them. after months of trying finally getting the news they both wanted to hear.
At the sound of movement not too far away Rhiannon broke their embrace, it seemed that the hadn't completely forgotten that it was a work night. Even though they were no longer as closely embraced she still maintained contact with him. She didn't ever want to let him go now. at least not for another nine months when she would have to let go so that they could hold their child, THEIR CHILD. She couldn't see anyone, but the sound of the other person had reminded her that she was only on her 'lunch' break and the holiday didn't start for another six hours. she didn't know how she would make it though the rest of her shift now. She chuckled as Tybalt said that the patients may complain that he was grinning too much. "It's midnight your patients should be asleep, so I don't think that they will mind too much." she replied.

Tybalt smiled at her happily, unable to stop himself from smiling at her. She was such a wonderful woman and though he was sure that the next few months would be a little difficult for her, and all he could do was support her, was to provide her with whatever she needed. He smiled, ”No I’m calling it, best birthday ever,” he was sure that by next birthday having a baby would be a good thing too, he’d be fine with a lack of sleep that it would come with. So maybe having a child and spending time with them would make a better birthday than this but with this being his current one and finding out he was going to be a dad, there was going to be little better than it. He laughed lightly, ”Yes but if they wake up my grinning like i'm the mad doctor will be the first thing they'd see,” he joked, but really he didn’t care, ”It doesn’t matter though, because we’re having a baby and that’s the best thing I’ve ever heard. The best news I’ve ever heard,” he told her, unable to stop himself, it was after all the best thing he had heard. It was the best new and he couldn’t wait to soon, hopefully, provided nothing went wrong hold their child in his arms. ”God I just want to take you home right now, but we’ve got so many more hours before we can,”

Rhiannon couldn't help a wide grin move across her face as Ty said that he was calling it the best birthday ever. She was glad that he was as excited as she was. she may have had a few days to come to terms with it but sh still felt dizzy with joy whenever she thought about it. even though she knew maybe better than almost everyone how the next few months would not be easy. and even though it had taken them a while to get pregnant there was no way they were in the clear water yet. but today was not the day to think about that "My patients in the ED are going to wonder why their healer seems so happy to be seeing them in pain" she said. most pf her patients tonight would be very much awake. it was the ones who weren't that would be the most concerning. the opposite for the patients on the ward.
"just don't look at the clock and home time will come around soon enough" she said. hoping that that would be true. She gave him him a kiss on the cheek, she didn't want to pull herself away even though she knew she would have to soon. "then we have the rest of the week to celebrate" she said. She was wondering if she had made the right choice at telling him at midnight. It had just left her wanting to spend time with him. to celebrate and bask in the news together. not have to go downstairs to continue to treat strangers who had come to close to venomous tentacular, or deciding that flying at night without lights was a smart idea.

Tybalt couldn’t help the way he was smiling, the way his heart was so filled with love and affection for his wife. It would be such a life long thing for them, and he didn’t know what troubles would await them but he was so eager for this part of his life to begin. Before he and Rhi had re-met it had been the biggest thing lacking in his life, someone to share it with and a family to help nurture. He gave a little smile. ”We’ll both be mad doctors,” he said to her with a smile. He nodded at her suggestion. ”Yes we will, and it’s going to be amazing,” he told her. He didn’t want to go back to work, he wanted to linger in this moment with Rhi forever, it would just be so good, so perfect with her, but they did both have to go back to finish their shift. ”I should really go,” he said with complaint plain in his tone. ”I’ll see you..both..later,” he joked lightly and though their child was still probably mostly cells he couldn’t help but say it. He wanted nothing more than every moment of this to just be amazing. He didn’t move away just yet, still lingering in front of her before leaning in and going to kiss her one last time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back