A Slient Birthday (Part two)

Cern watched her as she tried to convince her she was fine. Not wanting to make anything worse he left the subject and instead gave her and Z a smile and said,
"I have something here for you two, yep" he nodded vigorously.

Zazuka laughed into her hands happy that all this unpleasentness was behind them. "Of course I'm right. I am the Ravenclaw in the room and that means that I have yet to be wronge." She siad with as a joke. She turned to where a crack was heard and saw Ceratus. She was happy he came to see what was wronge with Andy. Zazuka smiled her brightest. "Really you got us preasents? Well this is turning into one of the best birthdays I've ever had." She said. She spoke the truth. This was right up there with her eleventh birthday in the three broomsticks which had been the first one that hadn't included the lake and about a week of broncal proplems.

"yes yes, very special" He pulled out the two whistles , passing one to each. "I made them... if you use them, I will come" He gave them a smile. giving them these, he was almost making them his masters and he gave it hoping that they understand how special the whistles where. He watching them carefully to see their reactions.

Zazuka gasped and hugged her whistle close. "Are you sure you want to give me something like this? I mean I'm the one that's constently putting little things in odd corners hoping that you or one of the other house elves will find them an take them as a thank you." She said all to fast. She knew that some of the house elves had stopped coming to her dorm because of the little trinkets she made and hid but she just wanted to help.

He looked at her brightly "no, its yours and I love the trinkets i keep them with me, special." he thought about it for a second then gave her a hug, but seeing his height it was more around the leg. He didn't like feeling small so this was a thing he didn't often do.

Brian walked in slowly, not wanting to turn anyone's attention to him and away from the birthday girls. He'd received Andrew's invite and while he didn't enjoy him that much he didn't want to dissapoint his best friends. He'd even remebered the presents he'd gotten them both over the summer and had taken the liberty to wrap them up. They weren't the most elaborate gifts but he knew that Andromeda and Zazuka would appreciate them all the same. Brian saw the collar in the fire and wondered what the House Elves were trying to cook as he stepped forward with both their presents. "sorry I'm a bit late" Brian mumbled as he handed over a purple wrapped present to Zazuka and a maroon wrapped present to Andromeda.

ZAZUKA's Present!
ButterflyCrystal.gif

(Wizard Poster)

butterflybracelet.jpg

ANDROMEDA's Present!

Awen-1.jpg

(Celtic Poster)

Amber001.jpg

Andromeda's eyes were still misty from the angry tears her new families gifts had wrought from her when Ceratus offered herself and Zuka up a gift as well. She was genuinely touched, a whistle? This went against everything she was hoping to accomplish this year though in terms of freeing the elves or at the very least getting them some measure of equality. Of course after her little run in with Tin she wasn't sure anymore why she wanted to but knew deep down that he was following orders like any good house elf. She held the whistle close and watched as Zuka and Ceratus hugged one another, she didn't feel very touchy feely at that moment and knew the house elf would understand.

"Thank you Ceratus, it's very thoughtful of you" she knew she would not use it but would keep it close always, thinking now that it would look good if she strung it up and wore it around her neck.
At that moment Brian entered and her heart nearly swelled to bursting. She was glad he had missed the awful gifts a moment earlier, was just thrilled to have him here with them. She smiled as he came towards them bearing gifts.

"You're never late" she told him, her voice a bare whisper. She took the gift he gave her and slowly unwrapped it, the poster was amazing and brought fresh tears to her eyes which she struggled to fight back, it was when she opened the amber bracelet, the stone an almost replica to her eye colour that her emotions got the better of it and slipping it on carefully, then hurried to the stove where the collar was still burning and the stench from it was deplorable. Using a tongs she kept herself busy attempting to remove it as the tears came unchecked down her face now. With her back to her friends she didn't think they would see her. Finally grasping the nasty leather collar she tossed the singed item into the nearest rubbish basket.

Harri watched astoned as a house elf apparated into the kitchen baring gifts from Andy's grandmother, she was absoloutely speechless about how anyone in Andy's family could be so cruel, she stayed quiet for fear of putting her foot in her mouth but she noded along with Zuka in support of all her words. The atmosphere seemed a bit drained of the happiness that had early flooded "No Andy you have to say," she said as Andy said she no longer wanted to make cakes.
She was a bit suprised to see yet another house elf arrive, hoping it would not be as bad as the other one she listened to what it had to say, but she smiled as it seemed to cheer Andy up, "Wow," she said smiling as he gave them gifts.
The kitchen was now quite full as Brian also entered, she had never spoken to him before but she knew how much he meant to both Zuka and Andy, "Hey," she said smiling as he gave them both beautiful gifts.

Zazuka hugged Ceratus back. He and Toddles where very special to her. Zazuka's eyes went wide when she saw Brian there. She looked at Andrew her quick mind figuring out what he had really done while he steped outside. She smiled wide. She had to make it a point to do something special for Andrew later, he was the most amazingly wonderful person in her eyes. Zazuka walked over to Brian and gave him a quick, friendly hug. "Thank you for coming I know you don't like Andrew much so this truly means alot to both of us." She whispered. Zazuka took her gift and unwrapped it.

She unrolled the poster first and smiled her brightest. "Every one knows I absolutly love butterflys don't they?" She said laughing softly. Looked over the new braclet with the same happynes in her eyes. She loved her friends. Zazuka bit her lip so she could control her emotions. This was a better than anything she could have imagened. Not the gift, the enter afternoon. Zazuka put Harri's purple bracelt and Brian's bracelt in the box that Andrew had given her. Really she though it was more than she desurved but she was greatful all the same.

Andrew didn't actually understand what was happening but whatever it was it hurted Zuka and Andy's feeling. Maybe Andy had a smiliar problem like that of Zuka's about her family."Hey Andy"he said putting one of his palm on her shoulder "Its okay, you just need to ignore it for the time being."he said trying to comfort her.

The atmosphere lightened with the entry of the second elf who seemed friendly.Andrew smiled at him and watched the girls thank him for the gifts.Than he thought about Brian, he must have got the letter till now. He better show up, or else! He wouldn't fight with Brian over his attitude but he could certainly fight with him for ruining Zuka's special day.

Just than Brian showed, and Andrew smiled at him. "Hello" he greeted."So do we make cakes now?"he asked grinning at the sucess of his plan."I'd like to make a black forest cake"he said talking to himself in a wispher.

Zazuka shivered a bit. The things this boy could do to her with only his voice. Zazuka snapped out of it and smiled. "I'll let you in what just happened later." She whispered back to Andrew. "Sure help yourself. We should all get started on our pieces." She said bopping over to her own cookbook. Since Elli and Mike where not here yet Brain could use one of the cookbooks that was ment for them.

Zazuka collected the ingredents she needed to make the her cake and started to seprate them. Toddles helped with the eggshells and other things that she was disposing of so she didn't have to move. Zazuka shook her head. She really wasn't used to this kind of help but whatever really it seemed to make the house elf happy to help her. She was also happy that all of her friends where here. She could not imagen a more perfict afternoon if they left out the unpleasentness of Andy's family.

Andromeda knew now that there was no hope for herself and her mother, it was almost as if the woman had gone to the dark side. She remembered all the times as she grew up when her mother had been there for her and now she never would be again, she had chosen this awful man over her. Love sucked big time. Splashing some water on her face, she walked back to the trestle table and smiled at everyone, she was so bloody lucky to have this lot and the rest of her Gryffindor house why would she ever really need her mother again. Essie had sent one of her manic knitted jumpers for her, a deep navy this time but with the same large golden 'A' emblazoned on the front. It had made her smile, she would treasure that as much as she would treasure the gifts her friends here had given her.

Carefully and gently she touched the bracelet that Brian had given her before looking at the exquisite jewellery box that Andrew had conjured with more jewellery in it as well as the bracelet Harri had given her. She couldn't wait to wear them. Taking a deep breath she smiled at Andrew.
"Wow that is ambitious, do you think you'll be able to pull it off?"

Brian looked down at the cake ingrediants with a bit of apprehension, this hadn't been in the invitation. There were the times he had helped his mother baked but the times she baked were so few, most of the time they'd just order a cake from somewhere and pick it up along the way. Brian began thinking hard of the last time he actually baked something and the only thing he could remeber is Eggs, Flour, and Vegtable oil..... Brian was a bit nervous at the thought of baking a cake. Perhaps he should run out to the library quick and get a quick magic cookbook for beginners, Brian scowled a bit at Andrew's comment figuring that he'd set this all up on purpose as he got closer to Andy. He hoped to just copy what she was doing and everything would be okay "I'll make what Andy's making!" Brian said with a smile as he looked over at her.

Zazuka nodded. "You can do that or you can pick one out of the cookbooks." She said handing one over to Brian. "I've never made a White Chocolat cake before so I'm curios to see how that turns out." She said laughing a bit. She was mixing by hand but then thought better of it. She tapped the spoon with her wand while whispering "Animare" and the spoon started to mix by it's self. This was to say that Zazuka was not going to do any work. She got out a carton of whipping cream and started to whisk violently to get it to rise. She would fold in lost of suger later.

Andromeda laughed at Brians' reaction to baking, it was such a typical boys reaction that she couldn't help but nudge him playfully.
"Well even the one I picked out is a bit ambitious for me to do on my own anyhow, how about fairy cakes? Those I can do no worries and you can help me out. That means they'll all get one large cake but we'll have about 24 smaller cakes" she winked at him, fairy cakes she could make in her sleep at least and surely couldn't mess up, not even with Brians help.

Andrew walked to one of the clean kitchen counters and took a cookbook with him.Seeing from the appendix he noted the page for the blackforest cake and started gathering the ingredients.Flour, water, eggs, essence and other stuf.He mixed 3cups of flour with water and cracked the eggs and threw out the shell.He than added the essence and other flavours as instructed in the cook book.

Andrew looked at Zazuka's progress it was good, maybe Andrew should cook often to improve his cooking skills.He was planning to join the cooking club hoping that other guys were intrested too.Than he mixed the mixture with his spoon at fast speed and turned to Zuka"Are we baking them in ovens, we cant have ovens here since no electrical appliances work anywhere near hogwarts, so how are we baking them?"he asked holding his cake on his right hand.It was in a round shape two layers, one on top of the other.The decorating was to be done after it was baked.

Zazuka shook her head. "The house elves said they would back them for us so I thought they could take care of it." She said looking around with a smile on her face. She wondered if Brian would be ok. Maybe she should have offered to have him sit out and the rest of them bake. Or maybe he was just trying to get in Andy's good books again. He really needn't do that. It seemed like Andy had forgiven him a long time ago.

She pored the mixture that the spoon had been working on into a pan and handed it to Toodles who took it way. She took the suger and pored what she thought was two cups in the whipped cream mixture then started to fold it in. It might be too sweet for some people but it was just sweet enough for her.

"Oh Cool.So I guess, I'm done.I'll make some icing(sp?)"he said taking white sugar and mixing it with dark melted chocolate and some cocoa and mixing it all together."Whats this you are making in these cups?"he asked curiously.

Andromeda looked up at Andrew when he mentioned about the ovens, she smiled at him as she remembered back in first year wondering the same thing.
"They actually have stone furnaces, like giant hot ovens that they use charcoals in. Something like what they'd use in Italy for great pizzas and stuff" she smiled glancing at Brian, delighted he had offered to help. She couldn't resist putting a bit of the creamed margarine and sugar mixture that she had done on to a spoon and flick it at him though. A mischievous giggle escaping her, this was good it was really good to be amongst her friends again.

Zazuka shook her head when she looked at Andy. "Wait until eveything is done at least." She teased. She looked back at Andrew to see what he was talking about. "Oh that. I was going to make cup cakes for Brian since I sort of wanted to keep you two apart. I know you two don't particuraly get along and I would hate to put ether one of you in a situation where you could possably get hurt. So I was going to send thies up and then see if he was up for a smaller celebration just him, me and Andy." She said with a shy smile. Zazuka was a little afraid Andrew would get mad at her but she told him the truth. She couldn't lie to Andrew.

Andrew listened to Zuka's reply and smiled a smile that showed understanding."I am absolutely okay with Brian being here, if you noticed I was the one who called him here so you dont need to worry about us not getting along when you want to plan something that involves both of us"he explained to her hoping that if Brian would have answer it would be in the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back