A Slient Birthday (Part two)

Zazuka Getathorn

OOC First Name
Ana V [main]
Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Zazuka was bopping around with the house elves because she had already sent the notes to Harri, Ellie, Andrew, and Mike to join them. She was happy that Andy had come up with this but she felt a little sorry for the house elves. She had explained that she wanted them to set up the ingredents for the cakes but not make them. This killed them but they agreed to do so.

Zazuka had also asked them to pre-heat the ovens as it seemed that they needed more to do aside from making dinner for the day. Zazuka set up the cookbooks she had found on stands around the table where they where going to make the cakes. The best part was the diffrent types of frosting and decorations that she had set up. Zazuka was itching to eat some of the sweets but she controled herself for the sake of the people that where comeing.

Harri had got an invitation for both Andy and Zuka's birthday today. She cursed herself for not being more prepered for it, she had left it too late to buy them anything.
So here she was, pacing the dorm she had to herself, racking her brain for something anything she could give them. She had already made them each a card, nothing special just one of her drawings on the front of a birthday cake, happy birthday written in big writing, it wasn't actually to bad but to her it was not suitable for a friend.
She suddenly had a brain wave, in the holidays she had bought some bracelets from a small muggle market, portobello road or something. She rummaged in her draw, glad they were still in the velvet drawsting bag she had bought them in. One was purple the other blue, they were made out of precious stones and were really pretty, perfect.. she thought happily, putting the purple one with Zukas card, the blue with Andys, and legged it down to the kitchens, worried she was late..
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" she yelled as soon as she was through the door, she bounded over to Zuka giving her a big hug, "Ohh your looking older already!" she said laughing.

Zazuka hugged her back with a large smile on her face. "Hey there I've got everything just about ready. Andy came up with the idea of having a cake making party." She said happely. She pointed at all the stuff she had layed out and the cookbooks she set up for everyone she had invited. "I do not look older I just look... Longer." She said looking down at herself. She was two inches taller than she was last year but her body was still a undeveloped. She could see all the other girls getting curvyer and much more pretty. Zazuka sighed inwardly.

"Andy will be here in a minute so you can try and keep the house elves off the ingredents. They want to make the cakes for us. I would let them but I think it will be much more fun this way." She said looking at one that she was sure was a girl. She shook her head but let them be. They where happy this way she soppoed but she wondered if they really wouldn't much reather have pay or even proper clothes.

Harri laughed, "And a lot prettier," she said grinning. "Here you go," she said handing her the present. "A cake making party! This is going to be awesome!" she said happily.
She looked around at the mention of house elves, smiling at them all. She had a house elf of her own now she had moved out of the city, but they treated it well punishing itself was forbidden. "I'll keep my eyes peeled," she said, nodding.

Andrew was relaxing today reading Macbeth which Mallory had sent him because he had asked her for it.He wanted to read it so much from when he had heard about it.He was halfway through it when an owl landed on his bed.He wasnt expecting any mail because he had just got one from Mallory today.Who could this be? he thought as he unfolded the letter and read.

He felt so guilty of himself of not knowing Zuka's birthday.How could he have forgotten to ask her in all these months.He decided that now he was going to give time to Zuka's life rather than blabbering about his all the time.That was not the matter now.He needed to think of a birthday present.And it had to be girly!

He thought for a few minutes and than he remembered that he could make jwellery boxes out of books.That was too common for birthday gift unless it contained jwellery.Now where was he to find jwellery?? He thought for a while and than an idea poped in his mind.He could give something handmade.

Andrew had been gifted jwellery beads when he was in the orphanage that he never used but now it was time he did.He had of all sorts, big, small, long and short, multicoloured, plain coloured, glittery, transparent, number beads, letter beads.He took two pieces of elastic transparent thread and measured his wrist.He kept the threads a bit longer so they would be easy to tie.

He made two bracelets, one for Zuka and one for Andy.Zuka's was blue and Andy's red according to their house colours.Than he made two necklaces matching with the bracelets and than two pair of earings.

All this took him and hour and than he appricated the gift that one of his mugle friends had given him.The jwellery looked quite unique and beautiful to him.He than turned two books into two jwellery boxes.Zuka's box was designed with stones and had a butterfly on it.Andrew didnt know Andy's choice but a rose seemed right and so Andy's jwellery box had a rose carved on it.

He put the jwellery in their respective boxes and wrapped them.He quickly went to dress up choosing a black jeans and a white and blue shirt to go with it.He combed his hair and applied a bit of gel to his curls and than left for the party.

He entred the kitchens by tickling the pear(i dont know if it applies here :mellow: ) and at once noticed Zazuka and Harri.He walked to them with a smile on his face and said "Happy 13th Zuka"and gave her a light kiss on her cheek."Hi Harri, how are you doing?"

Andromeda had been in a quandry about what to wear to a cake baking party, her tatty old jeans and old grey t-shirt with The Lightening Rods, a rock and roll band that had been huge back in 2016 but hadn't lasted very long thanks to constant squabbling amongst the band members once fame had reached them. She left on her skeetchers and ran some of the way and walked some of the way to the kitchen. She wondered on her way would anyone actually show up, she hoped so. It would be nice to see Harri and Ellie again without a huge crowd around and she hadn't seen Andrew or really talked to him since first year. Andromeda smiled to herself, she liked how Zuka seemed to be evolving out of her shell since she began dating Andrew. She couldn't wait to see them together as a couple.
Finally arriving at the kitchens, Andromeda noticed first the house elves busily running about like headless chickens trying to please the humans that were taking up valuable room in their precious kitchen. She rolled her eyes, she had completely forgotten that the elves would get upset if they weren't allowed to serve their human masters but herself and the others were technically not their masters. So Andromeda walked further into the kitchen and smiled at the others.
"Hey Harri, Andrew" she winked at Zuka, delighted to see how much she had organised, the girl was a genius.
"Wow Z, I love what you've done with the place".

Zazuka tryed her hearderst not giggle like most girls would. She didn't think it would very apropet given present company and she was not the typical girl. There was a large goofy smile on her face though from Andrew's kiss. She loved him with all her heart, this was scaring her a bit though. "Thank you It's Andy's too you know. Can you believe the coincedence." She said with the brightest smile on her face. When Andy came in she smiled as well and went over to hug her. Zazuka looked back at the tables she had set up. "I make me look like a neat freak." She said placing her hand on her cheek. Everything was in order from wet to dry to even the diffrent decorations in thier rispective groups.

Andromeda smiled back at her and returned the hug with affection.
"I am very impressed" it was true, as long as they had known each other Andromeda could safely say organisation of this magnitude had never been Zuka's forte, perhaps she had found her calling or perhaps Andrew brought out the best in Z.
"I think it all looks great, are we waiting on more or should we don the old aprons and get stuck in?"

Zazuka would creadet this to being a product of working at Mr. Ollivander's for so long orgenising and cleaning everything until it was spotless only to come back the next day and see that the dust had come back over night. She wasn't giving up though. "I'd it's safe to put on the aprons. Ellie should be here eventually and if she come late enough all she'll have to do is eat." She said and laughed into her hand. She could imagen Ellie and Mike coming in and finding four (Or three depending or wheather or not Andrew chose to work with her) cakes sitting there ready to be eaten.

(okay i had this idea, only if u agree we could say that andrew invited brian like he's not a bad guys.
he wouldn't like if zuka wouldn't be friends with brian because of him and after all how could andy and zuka celebrate their b'day without brian, that would be an incomplete trio.So what do u say? Wanna give andrew a chance to be 'the best guy' around??)

"Yeah, I know"he said smiling as Andy entred the kitchens."Hi Andy, Happy birthday."he said smiling at her.He couldn't remember the last time they talked but it was almost in his first year as she hadn't been here in her second year.He didn't want to bring up that topic by asking her where she had been becuz it might be painful."Who else is coming?"he asked them curiously hoping that other guys would be invited too."By the way, here are your presents.He said taking out two boxes from his pockets, one blue, the other red both neatly wrapped and ribbons attached on top.

"Hey Andrew," Harri said smiling as he came in, "Andy!" she said skipping over to her when she entered, "I haven't had a chance to say, 'Welome back' but most importantly 'Happy Birthday'" she said giving her a big hug. "Here you are," she said handing Andy the other package which contained a blue bracelet in it and a handmade card.

Zazuka took the package with surpise on her face. "Oh Andrew you didn't have to. I never told when my birthday was. But thank you." She said kissing his cheek lovingly. She opened it and gasped. "Oh really you shouldn't have." She said breathally. Zazuka didn't think she desurved this much. She was not a fine girl far from it and Andrew's present was beautiful. Zazuka had not sent word to Brian because she was a little nervace about having Andrew and Brian in the same room. "Oh I invited Mike to maybe give him a chance to get back at me." She said joking a little with that last part. Mike had burryed the hatchet a long time ago. "Let's start before the house elves have heart attacks and make the cakes for us. I already told them that they could back them for us." She said laughter in her voice.

((I say go for it though you are already the best guy around in Z book.))

[fire away Andrew that's perfect and Andy so loves her pressie]

Andromeda was gobsmacked, she couldn't believe that Andrew and Harri had actually gotten them gifts, well she could understand Andrew getting a gift for Zuka but... she was bowled over. Completely taken aback, surprised and delighted, shocked and thrilled. She felt humbled by the generosity of the two of them.
"They are absolutely beautiful. You both didn't have to get us gifts, well you certainly didn't have to get me any" she touched the jewellery gently, they were exquisite. She loved the card from Harri and smiled at her and then as if she were her old self, Andromeda instinctively hugged Harri in a grateful embrace and then in turn Andrew. After releasing them both she smiled again.
"I really love them, thank you" she was glad Zuka had invited Mike as well and wondered why she hadn't mentioned Brian. Andromeda had only seen him in class so far and the time on the pitch, but she hadn't known about the party then or she would have thought to invite him. Perhaps he just wouldn't come anyhow.

"Thats nothing afterall its your birthday and birthday's are incomplete without gifts.I myself wouldn't like to have such a birthday" although i had about ten of them in the same manor that i hate, he completed the sentence in his mind still smiling at them.Andrew wondered why Brian wasn't being mentioned.He had been Andy's and Zuka's best pal, was it because of him? He would feel very guilty about if, if that was the reason.He had no dislike towards Brian but knew that Brian disliked Slytherins and had a very strong feeling that he disliked Andrew.

Andrew thought about it for a few seconds and than an idea poped up in his mind.What if he could invite Brian and suprise the girls, make them happy, show that he had no dislike towards Brian if that was what they thought."Excuse me just a sec"he said pretending to go and keep his bagpack aside while he wrote a letter with the mind readin quill and sent it to him with an owl that lingered in the kitchen.Maybe it was meant to happen this way.There could be no way an owl was hanging around here.

He hoped that the girls didnt notice this because he didnt want to ruin their suprise.He wished Brian would forget the dislike he held for Andrew atleast today and come for the sake of his friends.Andrew wouldn't like Zuka's birthday having any sad points afterall it just came once a year and this year she was going to be a teenager so how could it not be perfect.

He walked back to them "The stupid bag was irritaing" and explained."So are we baking cakes or what, I cant wait."he said remembering the day when in his muggle orphanage he had baked a cake for his favourite teacher.Despite being a guy, his cooking was great.

Zazuka laughed a little. "Happy you could get it out of the way then." She said with a bright smile. She knew Andrew was lying but she thought that it couldn't be anything bad. She just knew Andrew would never hurt her. "Yes let's start. All the cookbooks are the same so let's start with picking our favoret style or just something we would like to try." She said walking over to the table setting. The house elves where hovering around it reordering what Zazuka had already put in order. Zazuka placed her hand on her head and sighed. She chose a white chocolat cake because she had never had one before.

She was thinking of Brian a bit. She missed him but she couldn't risk this becoming another in a long line of bitter memories for Andy. Zazuka had told Andy that Brian didn't like Slytherins much and Andrew was a Slytherin. She didn't judge him because of it but it seemed that not everyone thought like this. She sighed inwardly. She would make cupcakes for him and send them up with Toddles, a House elf that had become strangly attached to Zazuka.

Andromeda smiled at Andrew, he seemed so thoughtful and she was finally beginning to understand why Zuka was so smitten and why her once shy clumsy friend had more confidence and poise. Love did funny things to a girl. She donned her apron and went to the long trestle table carefully placing the gifts that Harri and Andrew had given her out of the way, so as not to destroy them. She winked at Harri, delighted to be able to spend some time with her as well. A grin spread across her face as she recalled the time Harri had made her wear a dress in the common room. She had looked like a princess, which had greatly surprised her. Of course she wouldn't dare dream of wearing a short dress anymore but she loved that dress, maybe someday she would ask Esmerelda to extend it somehow, magically if necessary.

She flipped through the pages of the recipe book infront of her and finally decided on a chocolate swissroll. It looked a bit tricky but she thought she could pull it off, it was after all the exact same as a Christmas log that she used to help her grandmother with. This time she would be doing it solo though.
Rolling up her sleeves she took a deep breath before turning to the others.
"Time to get stuck in then" she grinned, Andromeda smiled at Zuka. It was only two weeks since they had restarted school but already she was beginning to feel almost normal again and she had her friend... her friends to thank for that.

CRACK!

Tin appeared in between the group of students, looking for the Master's step daughter. He'd been sent here by Lady Silverback and was more than pleased that she'd felt this important job was good enough for him and not Copper. Looking around he finally saw someone that looked like the picture she'd shown him and approached her, bowing low not because he respected the little witchwolf by because he was required too. "Your mother and Master Silverback have sent me to deliver your present, Lady Silverback has also gotten you something" Tin said holding out a small pouch containing 300 Galleons from her mother and master Silverback. "they also wish to know if you plan on coming home for Christmas" Tin said matter of factly as he held out Lady Silverback's gift's. She was such a generous lady!

frr-dog-bone-treats.jpg

Dog Bone

DSCF2723.jpg

Flee Collar

Andromeda looked at the strange looking house elf infront of her, she listened as he said he was delivering gifts from her mother, Luxen and his mother. The wretched Silverbacks as she now thought of them, she couldn't believe they had actually sent her anything for her birthday. She took the gifts and thanked the elf, opening the pouch to see galleons. Obviously her mother was too busy with her step brother Luthor to bother buying her anything, she looked at the other gifts and slowly unwrapped them. She really couldn't believe that Lady Silverback had gone to the trouble of actually getting her something, it wasn't until the wrapping was off that Andromeda's already pale face went even paler. A flee color and a dog bone, the woman was bloody priceless. Andromeda turned viciously to the house elf, their house elf.
"Get out, get out of here and dont' you dare come here again. You can tell my mother that I will be here for Christmas and that if I go anywhere it will be to Esmerelda's home not theirs," tears were beginning to well up in her eyes, blinding anger was curling inside her, how could they do this to her? That wretched woman, no doubt her step father knew what she had given Andromeda.

Tin backed up as the wretched little witchwolf yelled at poor defenseless wandless Tin after he'd gone through all the trouble of bringing her presents. "Master will be pleased" Tin scoffed coldly, Lady Silverback was quite right that they needed to get a good dog trainer for this one. "Yes Miss!" Tin said as he backed slowly away taking one last glimps to see if there might be a stray wand for him to snag on his way out, alas there seemed to be none and with that he bowed once more.

CRACK! and was gone.

(please note Lady Silverback is Martha Silverback {Luxen's Mother} not Maeve Silverback {Andy's Mother})

Zazuka was about to smile at the house elf when she saw what the present was. Again something dark came though the normally sunshiny Zazuka. "Accio coller." She said taking it from Andy. She turned on one of the stoves and but the coller in the fire. "Tell her also that the gift she gave has been put where it belongs." She said. Her voice was colder than she had intented it to be but how could a mother be so crule? Even her own mother who could do little but stand aside and watch as her father beat her did small things to say she loved her. Did the woman have no heart?

Andromeda was all but frozen in horror. How could they do this to her on her birthday?
"That... was from my step-grandmother. Lady Silverback" her voice was low and trembling, the joy she had felt earlier had evaporated fast. They spoilt everything, wouldnt they just give her a break, leave her the hell alone. Not one of them cared a jot for her so why go to the trouble of bothering her at all. She felt a deep resentment for her mother well up inside her as she began to untie her apron strings.
"I don't feel very much like baking a cake right now, sorry".

Zazuka gluped back to stop her voice from waivering. "No Andy please just forget all that. This is soppoed to be a happy time remember. They can't ruin this. We're all here for you." She said taking Andy's hands. She couldn't believe that a family could be so cold. Then agian her own family wasn't any better. Why did the world have to be so crule? "Forget them. They are not your family. We are." She said. She ment it. Zazuka felt like Andy was her sister. She cared for her more than her own brothers.

Ceratus had just heard about it being two girls birthdays. Both of them he knew from coming to the kitchens late at night. and was quite fond of them.
He was delighted and thought of making the biggest cake ever but he heard they were making his own. So, after much consideration, he started carving some wood and kept at it till he had made two perfect whistles.
Making sure he had done a good enough just he looked over them then stood back
and, with a loud CRACK, he disappeared.

with another loud CRACK, he appeared near where they were with a smile on his face. But as he saw andy's face he knew something was wrong, then seeing the flee collar burning. Now house-elves as people know are very loyal and seeing that he filled with anger. HOW COULD ANYONE DO THAT TO THE POOR THING?! he raged at himself. but keeping his anger within he came to her.
"Andromeda?....andy?.." he looked at her with concern.

Andromeda turned as Zuka spoke to her, she knew she was right. Her friendship with Z meant everything, her own mother had abandoned her this year to the most dreadful of schools and had quite literally left her there not caring what sort of treatment she got. But Zuka had cared, as had Brian and Essie. They were her family and always would be. She wiped a tear that had threatened to fall and began to tie the apron strings again.
"maybe you're right" she smiled at her, it was then another crack of someone apparating occured. Andromeda's heart froze half expecting Tin to reappear but it was only Ceratus. She turned away so the house elf would not see the state she was in but she obviously hadn't been fast enough. He stood infront of her now all concerned.
"I'm alright, really Ceratus" the few house elves that were not afraid to come near her always treated her kindly, Warthon and Ceratus mainly. She attempted a smile on his behave and hoped he believed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back