A similar presence

Amarante Ming

Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the mane of a Unicorn
Amarante stepped daintily along the castle, slowly making her way up from the dark dungeons. When she was on the staircases when once again they shifted, she groaned silently, though she didn't have a place she was meant to be. When they adjusted themselves back to the first floor she resumed walking, the only noise being made was from her gita. When she walked onto the floor she took her wand out with hidden boredom, it was Halloween and she knew that some people would be taking the chance to mess around with some poor, innocent first years, all of which Amarante was not.

She walked over to a window sill that didn't have a window pain and she sat on top of it and swung her legs over the edge carefully and closed her eyes, but still very aware of every thing around her. After a few moments she felt another presence around her, one that was very similar to her own, a slight smile of wax formed on her lips and she said in an intoxicating and slightly boring monotone, "Hello Henric." She didn't open her eyes, she didn't turn her head, she just listened, waiting for a reaction as she felt the warm rays on her skin.

"You must to used to people like me." Henric answered from the gloom, silent footsteps making muffled sounds across the cold floor, in the darkness he resembled a phantom appearing out of the night, ready to strike his foes into oblivion. Moving into the sunlight, dark hair danced across his forehead as his piercing, emotionless orbs shot right into Amanrante's own. His cloak flapped noisily as the draught cold hold of it and blew it about; whilst this was happening, he raised a hand and brushed his long strands of dark hair out of the way in his signature gesture. "Uncomfortable as I think myself to be, you seem to be used to me. Very interesting."

He knew that Amarante had a very clear idea of what he was talking about. Boys defiant from youth and slowly whipped, tortured, and brainwashed. Trained to become elite guardians and servants, ever-loyal and devoid of traitorous thoughts. The best were sent to guard the best, and those who did not survive the training never saw the light of day again. Henric considered himself very lucky to be one of those, but he felt impeding jealousy for Amarante, who was free of influence, despite carrying the scars of slavery herself. "You possess the mark of the dragon." He spoke, in a very soft voice, "But you do not possess the constellations of the servant." He continued silkily.

With an icy smile etched upon his features, he said suddenly. "I despise people like you."

Amarante flicked her eyes open at Henric's words and she turned her head towards Henric and she said in a quiet voice, "I am a servant of someone but they are a muggle and I am here." Amarante flicked him a cold smile at Henric's last words, her blue eyes gazing into his with anger and frustration at his misunderstanding.

"It is not my fault Oju - Sama [OOC: did i spell that right?] is here and my master is not," Amarante stated and she closed her eyes for a moment then stood up swiftly, her long black hair rustling as she did so, her kimono doing the same. She took a step down and walked directly in front of Henric and gave him a slight glare, but she had her widely known smile of wax. She looked into Henric's black eyes, seeing the lack of freedom in his eyes, just as it was in hers, but both well hidden.

"I despise the freedom in the children all around us," Amarante said in a cold tone, and in Taiwanese. She of course assumed that he could speak it or would get the just of what she was going to say.

[OOC: Ojou]

Henric flexed his arms casually as he stared out the window, the sunlight's glare throwing his features into sharp relief. His handsomely carved face was tainted with restraint, lack of emotion, and overall the result of painful training for many years. He allowed a smirk to protrude at the side of his lips, "Perhaps it is time we started behaving our age. I have been told I no longer behave like an eleven year old should - it is bad for my disguise." He breathed in slightly, then exhaled; in that moment he swiveled on his heel and halted as Amarante looked right at him.

"Ru guo wo men liang ren dou shi mei ju de ren, zhe shi jie jiu mei de huo le. (If the both of us were free people, then this world would be much less cheerful)" He responded in chinese, concealing the sinister truth behind his words. He neared dangerously close to Amarante, then put a finger between their lips when they were almost touching. "I am not who you think I am." He said quietly, then pulled away from her and laughed to himself, rubbing the side of his head congenially.

Amarante raised her eye brows at Henric's words then narrowed her eyes looking at the ground now as she said, "You.." Amarante paused, and took in a deep breath and exhaled as she said, "Are correct." She laughed slightly at Henric's sinister words, they were true, or were they?

As Henric placed his finger between their lips she narrowed her eyes, wanting nothing more then to show him what she was quite capable of doing. "I think you and I are quite similar," she looked away from Henric then back at him and continued, "Which makes your comment quite true." She turned away from Henric and leaned her arms against the window sill, leaning on them, waiting for something to be said.

"Similar people may be best of friends. Similar servants are nothing more than cohorts in suffering." Henric blinked and cast his dark eyes at her, "We are nothing more than reminders of our fates." His cloak flapped slight in the wind while he squinted and saw the sunlight covered by clouds passing by. Raising his hand, he pulled out a wooden flute and put it to his lips. A melody like that of a river rushing past, drowned in the blood of a battlefield, filled the air; screams of men and the neighs of warhorses thundered across the hollow column that made up the corridor. Spears clashing against armour, sword bashing against shield, and finally, the eerie silence that lingered after a battle.

He abruptly removed the flute from his lips, a shrill whistle ending the sorrowful tune. "I don't like to be reminded of my fate." He said, albeit oddly because he was smiling from ear to ear as he said it; a skillful contortionist of his own emotions. "Goodbye."

With that, he turned and moved off at a slow pace, cloak obscuring his body, but his dark hair waving side by side; about to disappear into the gloom of the corridor.

Amarante winced at Henric's small song it too reminded her of her past, when Henric left her in silence she actually frowned, she felt quite pathetic to admit that he was the most contact she actually had aside from her sister and her snake. Perhaps even more then Arnold, someone she was finding it easier and easier to speak to. She didn't like that she missed him, she knew for a fact that this was a permanent good bye. Even though he was gone she bowed her head gently and said in a soft whisper, "Good bye Henric Lee." She walked off, leaving this conversation, the memories of each of their meetings in this place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back