A Shotgun Wedding? Or Not...

Lindsay Hall

OOC First Name
Kait
Wand
Birch 16'' with Essence of Pixie Feather
Lindsay Marie Love was pacing anxiously back and forth in the bridal room at a small church near her home. The young veela was dressed in a soft, delicate. enchanting wedding dress. Today was the day she was supposed to marry her best friend. Everything was all set up. The church was decorated simply but with style. The part-veela's radiance would be enough to turn the church and everyone in it into a stunning, marvelous scene. Bella was ready and promised to be the best flower girl. Her two sisters were her only bridesmaids. Soon enough, they would be back here, asking her if she was ready to go. Lindsay was not ready to go. To say that she was having cold feet would be a lie. It wasn't cold feet that had her second guessing this marriage to Alastair Hall. He thought she was pregnant. Lindsay had told him that she believed she was pregnant. He had proposed, wanting to do the right thing by Lindsay and their child. However, three days ago, Lindsay had found out she was not pregnant, but she had been unable to tell Alastair.

The past month had been so blissful and perfect that Lindsay did not want it to end. That's why she had not told Alastair the truth when she found it out. Lindsay really did want to marry Alastair. She wanted to be with him forever. He was her best friend and her soul mate. The blonde was afraid Alastair would no longer want to marry, at least not right now, if he knew that she was not expecting a child, his child. Marrying Alastair under the impression that Lindsay was pregnant was a lie. It felt like the young woman was tricking Al into marriage which was something she did not want to do. The young woman sat down in a chair in the room. Lindsay sighed placing her head in her hands. "What am I going to do?" she asked softly to the empty room. Her emerald eyes glanced down at the floor glistening with tears. She knew that she had to tell Alastair the truth. She didn't want to build a marriage upon lies.

To the young 20-something year old, it felt like that the last month had gone by in a blink of an eye. Things had been somewhat hectic in the household he shared with Lindsay. His family had come over from New York and rented an apartment near their house to help with the wedding preparations and his sister’s and mother couldn’t help but discuss baby details with Lindsay as well. It was all so surreal, not that long ago he was enjoying his life with Lindsay and now he was going to be married to her and in a few more months they would have their own child together. It was always something, to be married and have a child of his own. He loved Arabella and while she wasn’t his child he loved her as if she was and he knew he was ready to have his own. To be there at the birth, for all the late night feedings, changing the diapers, the first steps, the first words, all the firsts that he never got to experience with Arabella. In the past few weeks Alastair and Lindsay hadn’t been able to spend much time together and when they did it was to discuss some of the finer details of their wedding, who would be the bridesmaid, best-men, flower girl (even though it was obviously going to be Arabella). All tiny things like that and as much as he couldn’t wait to marry Lindsay he couldn’t wait for the wedding to be over just so he and Lindsay could spend some time together as husband and wife on their honeymoon.

The day of the wedding arrived and Alastair was more than ready for everything to get ahead as it was planned. He was in the room for the men, he had been ready for a while now as it didn’t take long to put his suit on. He had spent most of the morning going over in his head how lucky he was that he was going to get to marry his best friend and one true love. Of course his best-men, two of his friends from school, had been joking about how his life was over, the usual wedding jokes that guys came up with. Alastair didn’t let any of that faze him though. It wasn’t long until he had to go out and great a few of the guests that started to arrive and for him to take his place at the altar; all he had to do now was wait for Lindsay to walk down the aisle.

Lindsay's emerald eyes glanced at the door as her daughter, Arabella, and her sister, Audrey, came into the bridal dressing room. She half smiled at Audrey as Bella ran towards Lindsay. "Mommy! Mommy! Lookie!" The bride and mother smiled at her little flower girl as she ran into Lindsay's waiting arms. "What is it Bella?" Lindsay asked with a wide smile, momentarily forgetting her problems. "Look at my flowers! Aunt Audrey said I actually get to drop them on the floor!!" Arabella trilled excitedly. It was hard for the four year old to believe that she was supposed to make the floor dirty. Lindsay laughed and squeezed Bella. "Of course you do sweetheart! You are going to be the best little flower girl EVER!" Lindsay said, tickling Arabella. "Now why don't you go find your Aunt Karah and see what she is doing?" Lindsay suggested. Bella was happy to oblige as she skipped out of the room.

Lindsay turned to Audrey with a worried look on her face. More than likely, Audrey would just sum it up to prewedding jitters, but it was so much more than that. Lindsay desperately needed to talk to her husband-to-be. Now. Before the wedding so that Alastair knew the whole truth. Lindsay's mind was made up. "Audrey, I need you to go and get Alastair. Tell him I really have to talk to him. It's urgent. Make him come. Please." Lindsay said pleadingly. Audrey looked questioningly at her sister, but sauntered out of the room to do as the bride asked.

Alastair was full of jitters! He kept telling himself that they were excited jitters, not last minute nerves. He didn’t know why people kept telling him that last minute wedding jitters were natural, he didn’t understand why someone would be nervous about marrying the person you love and want to spend the rest of your life with. He shook his head as his best men talked among themselves, he wasn’t really into joining in on their jokes. His mind was on his bride, thinking about what she was doing right now and just how amazing she would look, no matter what the dress is he knew that Lindsay was going to look stunning. Checking his watch every couple of seconds he was begging time to go faster so he could get to the aisle and get married already. Alastair decided to have a quick peak outside to see all the people arriving, if there was enough maybe he could go out early and talk to a few people to help pass time. With his hand on the door handle he heard a knock coming from the other side. Confused, he opened it to see the face of Lindsay’s sister, Audery. He listened to her telling him that Lindsay needed to see him, that it was urgent. Confused and slightly worried he rushed to the room in which Lindsay was confined.

Knocking quickly on the door he opened it just a crack and tilted his head to the side so he wouldn’t catch a glance of Lindsay, it was bad luck to see the bride before the wedding after all. “Baby, what’s wrong?” He asked in a worried voice wondering why Lindsay had called him to the room. At that moment he started to get his jitters again and he wasn’t sure if he could talk him out of thinking that they were just excitement jitters because now he was getting quite nervous.

Lindsay stopped her anxious pacing across the floor as the door creaked open. The young veela woman saw her love, hiding his eyes so that he could not see her in her dress. Alastair was concerned. Lindsay could see it on his face though it was turned from her for the most part. Stress was etched across Lindsay's face even though it went unseen by Alastair Hall. Her throat was so dry as she nervously gulped. She was afraid her voice would not come out. "Al...Alastair. You need to sit down please." she said anxiously. Lindsay had a feeling that this conversation was not going to go well. However, it was still better than the alternative of tricking Alastair into marriage. "We need to talk." she said as if he did not know that.

The blonde paced nervously a few more steps before turning back to Alastair, tears in her bright emerald eyes. "I have something that I need to tell you. Something that I think it would be unfair to keep from you until after we were married." she said, looking at him. She took a deep breath before continuing. "I found out a few days ago that I'm not pregnant. I was must have just skipped a month or something...I don't know. What I do know is that I am not pregnant and it would be unfair of me to go through with the wedding without telling you. I don't want to trick you in to marriage so I understand if you don't want to marry me today." she said, tears streaming down her face as she confessed all of her thoughts to her lover.

Alastair still had no idea what Lindsay wanted to talk to him about. Everything had been planned down to an exact tea so there should be nothing else to worry about unless of course...Nooo! He thought to himself. The only thing he could think was a reason for Lindsay to want to see him before the wedding was because she was having second thoughts. He knew that just couldn’t be possible, they both loved each other so much, that just couldn’t disappear overnight. Or at least he hoped. Alastair frowned as he heard his love tell him to come and sit down. At this point Alastair threw out the whole, not seeing the bride before the wedding rule and turned to face Lindsay not even bothering with the seat. Rushing over to her he saw the look on her face, this wasn’t going to be good, he could tell that there was clearly something wrong he was just hoping it wouldn’t the worst but that’s all that was going through his head. When he saw the tears in Lindsay’s eyes he grew beyond worried, grabbing a hold on her he took her hands in his and looked at her dead in the eyes. “Linds, what’s wrong? Tell me please. You’re worrying me!” he pleaded with her. If she wanted to break up he’d prefer it to be over and done with, not dragged out.

Taking a deep breath to calm him nerves Alastair listened closely as Lindsay began to talk about something that she shouldn’t keep from him. Again he could only think of the worst, What if she doesn’t love me anymore? was all he could think was about to come out of her mouth. But she wouldn’t have gone this far if that was true, or at least he hoped. He hated this, he never questioned himself so much in his life and this was too much for one time. He could feel the climax building and as soon as she said it...I’m not pregnant He sort of blacked out for a bit. He had never even thought that that might be the reason for all of this, he almost thought it funny when he was thinking of life without Lindsay because she didn’t love him anymore.

Although when he saw the tears streaming down her face he immediately became serious again and embraced Lindsay. “Honey listen to me.” he said with a lightness in his voice to show Lindsay he wasn’t upset. “I didn’t propose to you because you were pregnant. It only sped up what was already going to happen...did you not think it strange that I already had the ring?” he said with a slight laugh lacing his words. “Look, nothing in the World stop me from wanting to marry you today but are you sure you want to go through with it today? I don’t mind putting it off if you want to wait, I know we sort of rushed because we thought you were pregnant. Honestly I don’t mind all I know is that I love you and I’d marry you any day of the week in a heartbeat, all you have to do is say!” he said, kissing her softly before dropping his hands and taking hers in his own once again, watching her closely.

Lindsay was mentally preparing herself for Alastair's anger at being deceived. She imagined an argument followed by the love of her life walking out the door and leaving her here alone to pick up the pieces. Their whole relationship had just been too good to be true. Alastair had been the one to help her pick up the pieces after Paul's death. He had been her best friend, her closest, most trusted confidant. Slowly, and after a drunken night, they went from best friends to lovers. However, instead of the slam of a door, Lindsay felt the strong, warm arms that were so familiar to her wrap around her thin frame. Her emerald eyes searched deep into his as she tried to figure out what was going on. This was an entirely different scenario than the one she imaged in her head. As the blonde woman listened to her love, relief flooded through her.

Alastair was not going to leave her. He loved her, just as he always had. Of course, Lindsay had not being thinking rationally. She should have put two and two together about the ring but it had been a whirlwind of excitement and planning since that day he proposed. His soft kiss only reassured her that she had been acting irrationally. Lindsay took a hand, wiped her eyes, not smearing her makeup. She had been silly to think Alastair would just abandon her. "I'm sorry, love. I shouldn't have doubted you." she told him as she looked up at his anxious face. "I want to still marry you today if you will have me. I just felt I had to tell you the truth first." Lindsay said as she wrapped her arms around him. "You are the only one for me. I love you so much. I was just afraid to lose you." the blonde said before kissing him on the cheek.

Alastair honestly couldn’t think of what Lindsay wanted to talk to him now, that was so important it couldn’t wait until after they were married. Obviously the idea that she didn’t love him anymore was the first thing to come to mind but he really hoped that wasn’t the case. When she told him that she wasn’t pregnant he was relieved, it didn’t really hit him for a few moments later that the child that he had been excited about seeing, his child, he was never going to see; he didn’t even know if it was a girl or a boy. A sadness flowed through him but he kept a strong face as he tried to reassure Lindsay that he still wanted to marry her, that was the most important thing for him right now. Obviously he could see why Lindsay would think that he was only marrying Lindsay because she was pregnant. Of course for most guys that would mean two things, to either run because he wasn’t ready to have a child or to marry the girl as soon as possible. Alastair could see why that would be so important years and years ago, but in this day and age it really didn’t seem like a big deal anymore, but he thought that Lindsay might have wanted to be married before having her second child, sure he didn’t know but it was a good guess, she did say yes after all.

With his eyes focused on Lindsay he smiled softly, shaking his head as she apologised. “Don’t apologise silly, I understand.” he told her reassuringly. It was an understandable reason to worry, but it was never a problem for Alastair. He was still young, he didn’t have to be father yet, plus he had Arabella, she may not be his but he treated her as if she was. Wrapping his arms around Lindsay he kissed her softly on the head. “I love you too honey, but you don’t have to worry, you’re never going to loose me. Now we have a wedding to attend, now get out.” he said with a laugh as he covered his eyes. “I didn’t see you in your dress.” he said as he looked away, laughing at the fact he clearly had but to keep up with the superstition; he wasn’t a superstitious person but it wasn’t such a big tradition that he had to take the moment to laugh at it.

Lindsay smiled at her soon to be husband as he reassured her that everything was okay. The part veela woman sighed in relief. "Good. Then I won't have to break the news to all those people out there." she teased gently. Alastair covered his eyes and the blonde laughed. "Silly, I can't go anywhere until you get down at the front of that aisle." she said, grinning at him. She hoped that his nerves were not getting to him about marrying her. They were the best of friends and were perfect for one another. Lindsay had no doubts about becoming his wife. "Hurry up now. I can't have you slipping out the back door." she joked, her emerald eyes dancing playfully. Soon, Lindsay and Alastair would be down at the end of that aisle together, sealing their lives into one.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry about the lameness of this. I didn't want to godmod you but feel free to do so with Lindsay in your next post ^_^

Alastair let out a small laugh as his soon to be wife teased about not having to let everyone know that the wedding was called off. That really wasn’t an experience he would have wanted to go through, not just because of the disappointment that his family would be laying on him but because he wanted nothing more than to marry Lindsay and to have to put it off longer than it already has been would just kill him. “At least you would of broke the news, less for me to worry about if you get cold feet up there.” he joked, oh Merlin how he hoped that wouldn’t happen. When Lindsay told him that she couldn’t leave before he did it took him a moment to comprehend what she was talking about. “Oooh yeah! I have to go up and wait and yeah.” he said laughing as he stood up and made his way to the door. “I’m such a goofball, I’m so glad you love me.” he said jokingly, it was kinda silly for him to forget where he was meant to be. “I’ll see you up there.” He said as he kissed her softly on the cheek before leaving the room.

Closing the door behind him he saw the group of best men and brides maids. “Sorry about the wait but we’re ready now.” he said with a bright smile on his face. As Alastair and the guys headed up the aisle he gave a reassuring smile to a few worried looks that were staring up at him. It wasn’t long until he heard music playing and his eyes were locked to the bottom of the aisle. First was the flower girl, then a few brides maids and then the best part; Lindsay. He may have seen her in her dress only a few minutes ago but she still managed to take his breath away, she was gorgeous. It felt like a lifetime for her to get beside him but he was just so anxious to marry her and to be able to call her his wife, it would really be the proudest moment of his life. Reaching his hand out he waited for Lindsay to take it so they could finally get married.

Lindsay nodded her head to Arabella, telling her that she could in fact walk down the aisle to start the wedding. Arabella smiled at her mummy before gliding gracefully down the aisle to the oohs and ahhs of the the friends and family gathered to see Lindsay and Alastair get married. The beautiful blonde veela woman followed behind her daughter who had followed her two younger sisters, Lindsay's only bridesmaids. The small crowd gasped collectively at the angelic vision that was Lindsay Love in her wedding dress. Her veela charm radiated from her as she was smiling with pure joy. Lindsay shone with happiness for she could not imagine marrying anyone more wonderful than Alastair Hall. He had come into her life when she had needed him the most. Paul had passed away, leaving her pregnant and alone. Those few months had been horrible until she met Alastair. He had been her friend, teaching her how to laugh and smile once more. Gradually, that friendship grew into a love stronger than any Lindsay had ever been a part of.

Lindsay reached to take Alastair's hand as she reached the end of the aisle. The wedding flew by in a giant blur. The vows were simple and sweet, speaking to the couple's unshakable love. She could hardly believe it when the minister told Alastair that he could now kiss his bride. Lindsay grinned as he leaned in to kiss her. She laughed with happiness as they broke apart. She heard the minister introduce them as MR. and MRS. Alastair Hall. Their friends and family clapped for them as they walked down the aisle together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back