A rose by any other name

Logan Stone

OOC First Name
Laura :D
Wand
Myrtle Wand 15 1/2" Tail of Charmed Newt
Logan sat by the rose bush in the Hogwarts gardens. He had not been here before in Hogwarts and he thought he would take a look and see what it was all about. It was actually a nice place to be, despite why it had been named and such, it was a nice place to be. The smell of the roses was soothing and even though he knew spending too much time here would give him a head ache he knew that wouldn't happen for a good two hours at least. Besides a little head ache was easily dealt with and it wasn't a big deal. Although he did not have a book with him today and he didn't know how to entertain himself for long without reading. He could practise a few spells that he had learnt in class. Perfect his already good ability to use his wand. It was strange how he always found entertainment in something educational in some way.

Georgiana wondered the the lakefront for the first time without her guitar or a book to read for fun. She had nothing to do, so she walked around and around looking for something she just didn't know what it was. When she stumbled upon a section she hadn't explored before she became excited. Roses were everywhere and she wondered what the place was for till she found a plaque dedicating the Rosebush to girl who passed away. Smiling she was glad the school placed a memory of the girl named Rose on the grounds. She began going around smelling the different roses trying to find the best one, her walk was more of a skip considering she had no classes that day and was happy on the inside and outside for once. Georgiana smelled one rose as blue as her eyes and her smile widened, it was the prefect flower scent in her opinion.

Logan closed his eyes and took in his surroundings. The smells and sounds all around him. It was quite quiet right now and that was a good thing in Logan's eyes. He wasn't really an antisocial person but he liked alone or with a small number of people at one time. Usually one or two people at once. Any more he felt crowded around. Which was usually how he felt when he was in the main hall for lunch and other times when loads of students, usually girls, came over to him to talk. He knew it was only because he was veela and that was why he didn't like it.

As he opened his eyes again he spotted a familiar face not too far away from him. A huge grin spread across his face as he saw her. Standing up Logan ran over to her. "Georgie hey." He said as he watched her smell as rose

Georgiana jumped even though she knew it was a familar voice saying her name it still suprised her. She pulled away from the rose and saw it was Logan and her smile widened into a grin on her face. "Hi there," she said in return. Georgie, it had a nicer ring coming from him then it did from anyone else she knew, though most people didn't call her Georgie to begin with it was always the formal Georgiana for them. She'd like to see them try and pronouse her Native name if they honestly wanted to get technical.

"What are you up to?" She asked unable to wait for him to ask her, she was still in a pretty chipper mood from finding the Rosebush and the blue rose. Her eyes looked around the place as she waited before landing back on him. Then she noticed how nice he looked in the sun and her cheeks turned a light pink. A light shiver passed through her and she realized how stupid she must look being outside in the fall with only her summer sweater to keep her warm. She put her hands on her arms to keep heat in but she was glad to be outside, if only she could keep moving she'd be warm again.

Logan kept smiling as Georgie greeted him. He was glad she had not forgotten they had actually met, unlike other he had spoken too one day and then been ignored by the next. He didn't think she was like that though, she was nice and pretty. "Oh not much really. Just trying to entertain myself. Im taking your advice. Im not in the library." He said as he refereed to what she had told him the last time they had seen each other. Back when she had told him about that night. A smile crossed his face once more as he saw her cheeks turn a light shade of pink. "What about you?" He asked watching her put her hands on her arms, like she was cold. "Are you cold? You can have my jumper if you want, its Ravenclaw but it will keep you warm." He said pulling his grey and blue uniform jumper over his head an handed it to Georgie. He wasn't cold so he didn't mind doing it

Georgiana was glad he was outside of the Library and not studying, and that he had actually listened to her. "Well that's good. I hear it can get pretty stuffy in there sometimes," she said witha teasing smile. She wasn't sure what he had been doing before he spotted her but the rosebush seemed like an interesting place to be. Then she remember the meeting fully from when she told him to get of more, and her smile dropped for a second before shaking it off.

Georgiana thought on his question, what was she doing. "Oh I guess I'm just wandering around looking for something to do, just trying to entertain myself," she said using his own words. Her blush deepened when he offered her his jumper, "I should check how cold it is outside before come out next time huh?" Georgiana took his jumper in hand wondering what her friends would think of her wearing Ravenclaw colors, at least she knew there wasn't a Quidditch meet anytime soon again the two houses and so she pulled it over her head. She smiled at Logan in thanks, and was glad for the warmth. She was used to be outdoors back home all year round but then they usually had animal skins to keep them warm or plan old coats.

Logan nodded in agreement as she said that the library could get pretty stuffy. He often liked to sit by an open window or something, so he would be able to keep cool as he read and did his homework. "Well Il do my best to keep you entertained the best I can, not sure how well I will do though, Im not really doing a good job at keeping myself entertained so If I start boring you let me know Il try and change it." He said with a giggle following his words. He watched her put on his jumper and smiled softly at her. She should have been in Ravenclaw, clue suited her very well. "Or just make plans to meet up with me so you can get my jumper." He said taking a seat next to her, he made sure he was quite close but not so much that he was touching her. He just wanted to be close to her. "So why are you so bored that you would walk around in the cold trying to find something to do?" He asked her as he looked to his side at her

Georgiana smiled at Logan, "Or I can change it myself, afterall people tell me I'm pretty interesting." She was glad he had decided to come out today and run into her. Looking down at the jumper she realized it was her favorite color, not being a fan of the really girly colors herself, blue had always fit her just right. "I like blue," she said with a small style pulling the jumper slightly closer, it was like being hugged. "Well I could just not give it back if you think I should meet up with you for your Jumper, then I wouldn't have to leave my room to find you," she said with a teasing laugh. Looking at him she shrugged her shoulders, "I guess I just wanted to get away from the loud common room." Her cheeks flushed a light pink noticing how close they were, but she really didn't mind at all.

Logan shrugged at her comment. "You bit but where would be the fun in that." He said with a giggle as he took a deep breath. The scent of roses was strong in the air and he would have to make sure not to take too many deep breaths or he would feel his head hurt from it. "I like blue too. You suit it well though." He said giving her a soft smile as he spoke. "Yeah that's true but you would look strange walking in to the Gryffindor common room in a Ravenclaws uniform." He said with a laugh behind his tone. He nodded as she mentioned wanting to get away from her noisy common room. He knew what she meant, there were some loud students in his house and he often got annoyed and left because of them. Luckily he did not share a room with any of them, just Jeremy who was not at all noisy, well most of the time he wasn't anyway. "Well when you get older you can just tell them to shut up and put a silencing spell on the all." He said as he grinned widely

Georigana rolled her eyes his statement taking the fun out of hers, not that she exactly minded though. She watched him as he spoke and smiled at his own smile, it was a really nice smile she thought. "I bet you would look good in red, but I'm positive my jumper would be way to small," she said with a laugh her hands playing with one one the sleeves. "Good idea, though I wish that was now, if only my parents had met each other earlier in life," she said with a sigh in her tone. Georgiana always wondered what had happened to her mother, grandma stopped getting notifications from her when she was in Vegas two years ago or so. "Well now our topics are getting slightly dull," she said with a laugh realizing how boring they must seem to other people, just sitting in a garden and talking about colors and spells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back