A Righteous Infliction of Retribution

With a gleam in his eye, Valcan turned to look at his great nephew. Was there possibly some hope for Shane? There might be. The Norwegian man had an inkling that Shane was more like his father than he put himself out to be. Both men had their differences, of course. They carried themselves in opposite ways, but every time that Valcan looked at Shane, he saw Sammael. Perhaps that it was this likeness to his late adopted son that had compelled him to do the things he did tonight, to not retaliate as viciously as he normally would have.

"I've been having a considerable amount of trouble trying to sleep," he started slowly, meticulously. "And if you knew how to make a potion that could possibly cure this ailment, I'd be most greatful. It doesn't do, with the job I have, to be showing up with the energy of someone fifty years my senior." He said this passively, as if it weren't really something that was in actuality extremely embarrassing for him. He didn't want to be squashed by the competition, though this was becoming more and more difficult each day.

The older of the two men waited a few moments before adding, "Of course, I'd pay you handsomely. And I know you play Quidditch- as glorious as being a professional athlete must be, it's only going to last for a few more years. I can get you a spot in the Ministry here- or anywhere you want, if I pull a few strings." His lip pursed as he looked back to Shane, not entirely sure what he was going to say. This troubled Valcan, as he always hated being unsure of how people were going to react. It was very possible that the younger man would just as soon tell him to 'sod off' or something of that nature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back