A quiet read.

Tony Alraur

Having a day with no lessons allowed Tony to explore more of the castle he was required to spend weeks at a time in. Not being able to walk to the park; or through the town; or even to the old ruins annoyed Tony slightly, but he sighed the caged feeling away and chose to learn all he could about the walls he would spend the next seven years in. Wandering along the fourth floor, Tony came across the student library. Peering through the door, Tony stared in awe at the shelves filled with books. Pushing the door further open, and making his way in-side; Tony began to feel he could learn more about his abilities.

Scuffing his feet across the carpet, Tony strolled up and down the aisles; as he ran his fingers over the books, not truly knowing what he was looking for.

After a rather discontent letter from Mother about her displeasure of not having two Slytherin children, Kamaria felt like she should just get away from the world and settle in at the library, a place she was looking forward to seeing for the longest time. Kara entered and she stood in awe at the wonders of books. By her fifth of seventh year, she was determined to have read every one of them. Kara smiled to herself, however she had to finish the one book she was reading before she could get started on any one of these brilliant novels. Wearing a basic outfit, her silver eyes scanned the area carefully.

Kara walked deeper into the library before spotting a boy she believed to be in the same year as she. Approaching him rather cautiously, she spoke in a British accent, her voice soft and gentle, "Can't choose a good novel?" Her expression was rather bland, as she had no reason to really show much emotion at this time. For all she knew, this boy could be like her brother, or he could be some annoying twit. She always loved this saying: 'Better safe than sorry and she used it for just about anything, including socializing with the students at this school.

Passing a few students reading books of their own, or chatting quietly, Tony rounded a book shelf and wondered what each of the books actually contained. Wandering into a new aisle, Tony began to read a few titles. Not paying much attention to his surrounding, Tony faintly heard a voice from the side. Glancing towards it, Tony noticed a young girl. Taking in her words, Tony gave very little thought to a reply; as he answered the question. "The place is too big.". The library was indeed quite large, which caused Tony even more confusion whilst trying to locate something good to read. Sighing slightly, Tony turned to walk past the girl; wondering if she would be just like everyone else he had ever spoken too.

Kamaria gently pushed her hair behind her ears as she put her book into her small bag. It wouldn’t hurt to check out a book or…three. She was halfway through her current novel, and she was already at the library. Might as well. Her small hands scanned over the titles, almost forgetting that the boy was even there. His voice made her realize that she was back in reality and she released a small, “Hmm.” for a response. Kara would not be the one who will follow him around like a crazed fool. Instead, she said simply, “If you want a good read, I recommend staying away from Rita Skeeter’s work. I do prefer fantasy and science books myself.” Kara glanced up at the books, her silver eyes locked on the wonders that filled the pages. Kara took a rather large book from the shelf. Astronomy. Rolling her eyes, she put it back.

As he moved, Tony caught a response from the girl. He didn't like either of those book genres. Reaching the end of the shelf, Tony's eyes fell upon a book he did enjoy however. With his eyes widening, Tony reached forward and removed it from the shelf. Anything related to adventure peaked his interest. "I found one. Thank you for helping.". Tony knew the girl hadn't helped. Test one was about to begin.

Kamaria picked out yet another book, one filled with poems. She smiled gently to herself. However, his words cut through her mind like a dagger. Her head turned sharply to him. Her expression hardened ever so slightly. She did not assist him; giving out advise would not count if she wasn't even trying. Kara said, "Do not thank me for something I did not do. Recognition for something I did not offer or inquired is like blasphemy in my eyes. I will not take credit for something I don't deserve." Kara wanted to add something, but she fell quiet. After all, nothing more was really needed to be said. She turned her attention back to the books, as she softly smiled and picked out a book. A history book. Kara could almost laugh in excitement, but it was not in her nature. She was raised to be proper, and that she will be.

Test one had failed within a few spectacular moments. The girl who had interrupted his quiet time in the library was appearing full of herself. Tony knew, as fast as his game was beginning; it would soon end. Feeling a little disappointed, Tony turned away from the girl; and left the isle. She wasn't worthy of his attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back