A pleasure meeting you

Katheryn Kingsley

OOC First Name
Kait
Sexual Orientation
Bas
Wand
Maple Wand 12'' core of female Kelpie Hair
Katheryn made her way to a table conveniently located beside one of the giant library windows. She had been having a hard time playing catch up ever since she dropped out of school during her third year. She was now a year behind and trying desperately to catch up as best she could. Unfortuately for Katheryn, she had a problem focusing on beautiful days like today was. Well, plus what was going on with her mother right now.

Katheryn's mother, Jacqueline, had come to be the new transfiguration professor. Kat could not be more thrilled about it. Or her mother's new boyfriend. Finally, her actions were showing what Kat had been trying to tell her sister, Kiera, for a couple of years now. Kat was overjoyed to get to see her mother more. Only she had been neglecting her studies. Katheryn shook her head. She had to concentrate. Katheryn opened her book up. She lowered her head and began to read.

Andrew walked into the library with a smile. He loved anything and everything to do with the place and anyone who knew him well would know that he liked spending his free afternoons here studying or finishing his homework. No, Andrew wasn't a nerd. Andrew had scored top in every lesson he had taken the previous term but he wasn't a bookish kind like many top scorers. Andrew enjoyed life like every other teenager.

Yet today, Andrew had come to the library just for fun reading. He picked up the Daily Prophet and a copy of Witch Weekly's and walked to an empty corner of the library by a big window. He noticed it wasn't completely empty. A familiar face occupied it. He knew the girl from some of his classes however he couldn't recall her name. "Hey there, can I join you?"he asked with a smile.

Katheryn looked up as someone spoke to her. She noticed it was a boy from her classes. She didn't know him at all. Katheryn smiled a charming smile.
"Of course you may." she said politely. Maybe he will be a new friend... she thought to herself. She didn't have many friends at Hogwarts and certainly could use a few more. Kat put down her book.
"I don't believe we have met. My name is Katheryn but you can call me Kat." she said, introducing herself. She was normally a shy person but her new year's resolution had been to try and make an effort to be more friendly. Kat was fulfilling it by talking to this unknown boy.

"Thanks" he said as he took the seat beside the window facing Kat. "Weird isn't it? How people might not know each other in four years?" he said with a hollow laugh. "I am Andrew and you can call me AB" he said with a wink. Andrew wasn't flirting. This was something he did on regular basis. But a stranger might consider him as a flirt.

"What electives do you take?" he asked her curiously wanting to know which classes they could be sharing. "I have COMC, Divi and Arthimacy" he said pointing towards the heavy volume of Arthimacy text book that he carried with him. Of course it wasn't heavy, it was feather light by a use of a simple charm.

Katheryn laughed with Andrew. "It is strange." she agreed with him. "I should be in fifth year but I left the school for a year. I just returned last year. That could be why we don't know each other." she said with a smile. That and the fact you rarely talk to anyone her inner voice said. Then the boy introduced himself as Andrew. She looked curiously at him. "Why AB?" she asked

Kat nodded her head as he asked her about electives. There was only one class not in common. "Well I am taking Ancient Runes, COMC, and Divination." she said with a smile.

"Yeah, that must be the reason" he said with a smile wondering why Kat had to leave school. However, he didn't ask her. They barely knew each other and he didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable by bringing it up. "Because my sir name is Bruke, with a B, so...AB" he said with a grin. He loved the way he had thought of that nickname for himself.

"That's two electives together" he said with a smile. "I guess I must have the power to be invisible without knowing that I can because I only see Prof Ana in Divi" he joked. Andrew was a nerd when it came to Divination. He liked the subject and ....Well so he concentrated.

Katheryn grinned. "Of course that would make sense. Interesting nickname." she said. Katheryn had never had any option in her nickname. Her father had always called her Kat or Katheryn when he was being stern. Then her sister and brother had thought it would be funny to call her Kitty when she was young. Kat hated it when they called her that. Lucky no one really knew that around here.

Katheryn nodded her head as Andrew talked. She blushed when he mentioned that it was usually only professor Ana and himself in class. "Well I didn't come to many classes last term. " she admitted. Katheryn had been slacking last term and intened to make up for it this term. "I am trying to make it to more now though." she said brightly.

"It's never late" he said with a smile. "Kiera is your sister yeah?" he asked her remembering the girl from Qudditch. "You guys look alike. One might consider you as twins if they didn't know you were younger" he said thoughtfully.

"So where do you live?"he asked her wanting to know about his new friend. "I lived in London before starting school but now I live in New Zealand with Mallory Malkin. She's my godmother" he told her.

Katheryn grinned as he mentioned her sister. He must be smart. Most people didn't put the two together so quickly. Kat's red hair and blue eyes usually threw them off, even though the pair had the same facial structure. "Yeah Kiera is my sister." she admitted. She laughed as Andrew said they could be twins. "Actually since she is just a year older we do get mistaken for twins when we go somewhere as a family." she said amused that his thoughts were so accurate.

"Oh wow. What's London like?" Kat inquired. She had never been there before. Katheryn smiled as he asked her where she lived. "Well when I was young we lived in Georgia." she said, this explaining her southern accent. "But we moved to California when I was about 8. We live just a few minutes from the beach." she said as that was her favorite part of the move. "But my mother lives in New Zealand. She is the new transfiguration Professor. I suppose we will have her next year." Kat said thoughtfully.

"London...well its fun to stay there if you are rich" he said truthfully. "There's so much to see. Malls and restaurants and cinemas and the city life. There are also calm resorts and stuff like that " he said with a radiant smile because many times Andrew liked the quiet. "But since I was living in an orphanage we didn't have that many chances but we did go to picnics at times and little things like that" he told Kat with a smile. Although the life in the orphange hadn't been the best for Andrew he still liked a few parts of it.

"So do you go to California every holiday?"he asked her curiously. "Oh! Professor Jacqueline is your mother!" he exclaimed not knowing that piece of information. "Does she not stay with your father?"he asked hoping she didn't feel like he was nosing in private matters.

Katheryn smiled brightly as he described London. It sounded like a place she would really enjoy. "I think it sounds charming. I hope to visit someday soon. My mother's family has a manor near London." she said openly. "What happened to your parents? Why were you in an orphanage?" she asked, hoping she wasn't being rude. She just wanted to get to know AB.

Katheryn shook her head at Andrew's question. "No not every break. Sometimes I stay with my mother here in New Zealand. She and my father split up when I was only a year old. She became a Death Eater and faked her death in a car crash. My dad is a muggle and he didn't know about magic. When we were older she realized she was wrong and wanted to be a part of our lives. Now, she is engaged to an Auror. He's a nice man." she said happily. Katheryn loved her mother and had no problem telling her new friend about her family.

"My mother died when I was born" he started explaining to Kat how exactly he had come to live in the orphanage. "My dad on the other hand is someone whom I know not. He left my mother, abandoned her on their wedding day. He was a muggle" he said as slight anger rose in him. One day in his life, this Slytherin was going to take revenge from his filthy muggle father. And when he did that, he would be sure to show no mercy at him.

Andrew's eyes widened as he heard Kat's story. It was a bit confusing. "How is your mom living in Hogwarts if she is known to be dead?"he asked raising an eyebrow with confusion and curiosity. "Is she still a Death Eater?"he asked Kat wanting to know more about the Professor. After all if he spotted some juicy gossip he could always write it in the Professor section in the next edition of Hogwarts Monthly.

Katheryn nodded her head, understanding what he said about this family. Really horrible stuff. Kat smiled kindly. She could hear the anger in Andrew's voice. "I am sorry. Did he know your mom had you?" she said, thinking it might have made a difference. Katheryn was happy that both of her parents where alive and well. Kat's dad was a muggle but he was a very nice man.

Katheryn shook her head. "The muggles just thought she was dead..not anyone in the wizarding world." she explained to him. "Mom had been running a shop until Kiera found her. She got a job here to be closer to us." she explained as to why Jacqueline worked as a Professor. They had enough money that Jacqueline had no need to work. Katheryn shook her head at Andrew's second question. "Of course not. She is marrying an auror. He is a seer too, so even if she wanted to keep that from him she cant." Kat told the boy with a frown. Why did he think that? They would never let a death eater work at the school.

"Yes, he knew very well" he said with a frown imagining his dad leaving Salem after knowing that he was going to become a father. Andrew nodded hearing Kat explain it to him. Of course she wouldn't be a death eater anymore he said going a bit red.

"Yeah ofcourse" he said with a goofy smile. "So is your dad and mum okay with you seeing the other?"he asked Kat. Because after many divorce the couple wouldn't be on good terms.

Katheryn frowned as Andrew said that his dad did know. Kat couldn't imagine a dad being so heartless. Her own dad was not that type of man. He would never leave his children. Kat notice AB turn red and she wondered why. Had she insulted him some way?

Katheryn thought about his question. Neither one of her parents specifically mentioned their feelings toward the other. "Well they haven't ever discussed it. The first time my dad found out my mother was still alive..." she said pausing, remembering. "He was crushed. She was his only love. I think he still loves her to this day." she said quietly. It made her sad to see any of her family or friends down hearted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back