A Picturesque?

Alliyah Jackson

OOC First Name
Arty
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2 Essence of Wood Rose
Classes for the second semester has already begun, yet this did not immediately stop Alliyah to indulge herself in photography. Her SLR camera had been something that always entertained her, ever since her mother had introduced her to it. The camera was a muggle thing that Half Bloods and Pure Bloods would not understand, because of its difference between the cameras of wizards and witches. The photos that it snapped stayed immobile and this, somehow amazed the magical citizens. Alliyah became aware that some people had been staring at the huge bulky thing that hung over her petite neck as she walked around the castle to get to her destination. Her camera had been just fine but she rarely used it nowadays. For some reason, she left in her dorm, scared that it might lose its power. Alliyah still had no idea whether the piece of technology that she had contained a 'battery.' Soon, she'd write a letter to her mother knowing that her mother would answer that small annoying question inside her.

To wear flats for the day made Alliyah feel glad about it. Her footwear made it even more silent when she would take steps on the floor that would usually make footsteps of the person even louder. Her flats made it feel that she was walking barefoot on the ground except for that it was closed on her sole. Taking the final step to the North Tower, she immediately felt the soft breeze on her face. It blew her clothes in the direction of the running wind. Placing both hands on her camera, she walked quietly to the direction of the perfect spot to snap photos. Her feet went closer to the spot but her eyes told her to stop at first. There was already a person there, and she was alone. "Bella? Is that you?" Alliyah asked cautiously as she eyed the person confidently. She wasn't afraid whether she was wrong because of the sensation of correctness. The Gryffindor still had both hands on her camera as she advanced to that blonde on her spot for perfection.

Bella had been having a okay day, but after all the days lessons and doing her little dab of homework she had been at a loss on what to do. So deciding to just walk for inspiration she found herself in the north tower. The veiw from that high was amazing and she couldn't believe she hadn't noticed before. You could see everything, students on the great lawn, the lake and even the edge of the woods. With the summer sun shining down making everything look golden it was so unreal, Isabella could hardley believe her eyes. Bella wanted to soak it all in, she wanted this to be one of those moments that when she thought of her years of Hogwarts this was one of the first things that would come to her mind.

Isabella was just thinking about this when she heard someone say her name. Coming back to reality she looked back, when she saw who it was she smiled, "Hey Alliyah." She knew the girl right away, and how could she forget someone with such a interesting name. She turned to face the girl and straitened her outfit. "How's it going?" She looked at Alliyah wondering what she was doing all the way up here, it was then that she noticed the camera around her neck, this made her grin someone else had already found this beautiful spot. It also made her wonder what all the students thought the camera was. Bella of course knew because she had been raised by muggles but the other kids must have been reallyconfused by it.

The young blonde was really not concerned about how she looked but it seemed that looking at Isabella Fedele was just a pretty sight. She already learned to deal with people who had good looks and who boasted them in front of her face. Alliyah was almost sure that Bella looked better if she would just apply make up to lighten her blonde and young features. Alliyah looked good herself, but she planned to keep it simple and not even give people the slightest hint on what make up can do to her own angelic features. She always loved having the innocent look. Alliyah surveyed her and said with a smile, "I love your footwear. Is it a muggle thing?" She asked with her blue eyes gleaming with curiosity and at the same time, excitement. Her love of muggle technology and things always expanded whenever she would see somebody or something that was labeled as a muggle product. Her interest on her Ravenclaw friend gave in more to happiness. Isabella Fedele was someone who just truly interesting.

The weight of her camera did not bother her even a bit. In fact, it excited Alliyah as she began to grip it tightly in her fingers that was wrapped on it. She noticed that same grin on her companion and immediately recalled that specific time a while ago. Thinking about taking photos in the North Tower was absolutely fantastic and Ally wore that same grin that was on the Bella's face. The time and view around her had many spots to take photos. Alliyah walked beside her friend as she looked down on the view. After briefly looking down, she raised her camera at her friend as she wore the same grin. "It's quite hectic now. Photography is just my escape." At the same time, the blonde's eyes sparkled with excitement.

Isabella smiled at Ally's compliment, looking at her shoes she giggled a little, "I guess you could say that, not all muggles like my style though." Bella had always dressed how she wanted, which generally varied on her mood. Sometimes she liked dressing up but other days she just wanted to stand out. She figured it must have had something to do with shopping with her brother Neiko. He was always giving her suggestions, and he was good at picking out things that she normally wouldn't have looked at, but that was the beauty of shopping with a gay guy. They always knew what would look good on you. That was just one of the many reasons that she loved living with her brothers, they were always taking her places and making sure she was involved in there lives much unlike when she was living with her father in Italy.

Bella smiled when Alliyah said photography was her escape. "I know how you feel." The combination of school and life could be too much sometimes. But instead of taking pictures Bella liked writing and playing music, or even dancing with her brother. It was great to do something and not worry about anything except what you love to do. Isabella saw the sparkle in Ally's eye and couldn't help but smile. She felt this connection with her that she hadn't ever had with any of the other friends she had had. They really just seemed to get each other.

Style was nothing to the blonde, but Bella seemed to make her conscious about it. Alliyah's attire was nothing really special and she really did not mind it. All she loved about it was her top, which was black colored and it suited her skin tone. Ally's fashion sense was nothing compared to the other people who made themselves vain by being aware of what they are wearing, looking and feeling. Alliyah was someone that rarely went out of the house, to go and shop in the shopping areas with her own mother. The Gryffindor preferred silence and just being herself. Shopping made her uncomfortable and she always disliked it when something made her feel that way. Alliyah's thoughts visioned Isabella walking through malls in the muggle world and it was clear enough to imagine. With this, Alliyah shrugged but grinned softly. "Well, I'm a Half Blood and I like it." Slowly, she ran her eyes through Isabella from head to toe and beamed when she completed her observation. It was good to tell this to her friend, so that she would know that Alliyah was not as judgmental as the others.

The soft breeze rejuvenated Alliyah as she walked through the tower's floor to reach the side of her friend. It was actually a nice sensation to feel that she was getting along with Isabella, very well actually. Their likes and dislikes were probably dissimilar but it did not matter. Through time, maybe one of them can influence the other on how this works and all that. "What's yours? To kill time, I mean..." Alliyah added softly with an eager smile on her blonde face. Speaking to Bella was actually great since Alliyah had the opportunity to spill almost all her burdens and let go of it because of Hogwarts' hectic schedule for the first years.

Isabella smiled at her friends compliment, it was good to hear. Being as she really hadn't had the time to get to know people as well as she would have liked to, she had really needed a little boost. "Thanks." She beamed at Ally, she knew if there was one person she wanted to get to know in this school it was her. They really seemed to understand one another which was a hard thing to find these days. Alliyah walked acroos the room and stopped next to her. She asked what she did to kill the time and Bella smiled. "Well I play guitar and piano, I love to write whether it be stories, poetry or lyrics, and if that isn't enough I dance and swim." She grinned at Ally, she knew her list was a bot long but it was true. She had found there was some many things to love and she happened to love a lot of them. She also knew it was mainly because of the people around her that she knew all she did, her brother Tony had inspired her love of learning and writing, Neiko had taught her to dance and swim, but music that was her thing. She had always loved music and it was probably one of the most inspiring things in her life, music just made her feel right. She always had music going through her head, and it was a good way to vent her feelings. Plus there was a good song for anything that you might be going through.

The young Gryffindor girl smiled at her friend's response, hoping that it would give her a little confidence. Alliyah knew that it was always Isabella who would really understand her, no matter what she would vent and tell her. Even her sibling, seemed to get confused with all the secrets that she would share and that bothered Alliyah a lot. It totally made her feel confused too and a bit downcast, whenever that person would just shrug and mutter a cliche comment like, 'good luck' or 'oooh, that's bad.' It was something that Alliyah cannot identify as what. Her brain did not process those vague comments as quickly as the clear ones and so that was why she avoided people who really did not understand her verbalizing. She was talkative sometimes, yes, but that was just part of her bubbly personality. The Gryffindor refrained from backstabbing but sometimes that particular person got on her nerves too. Alliyah well loved her friends and she had a strange connection with Isabella. Just as if they were sisters. "I always wanted to learn how to play the piano," Alliyah gave her friend a small downcast look as she positioned herself on the railing that blocked them from falling from the North Tower. Slowly, she shrugged her own shoulders softly, remembering those times that she dreamed of playing the piano. The music was angelic and Ally loved things that had innocence in it. "but it seems that there's no time. The music of it is angelic, and its smooth when music is played there. It's simply lovely."

Her camera seemed to be ready with anything and Alliyah tried observing the Ravenclaw with her own gentle blue eyes. If Isabella would grow old, she could be somehow a statuesque if ever she would stay still. Ally got hold of her camera that was slung around her neck and adjusted its lens as she went positioned it on Bella. "Model for me?" Alliyah asked with a small grin on her blonde features. She did not expect Isabella to actually do the crisscross walking that a real model would do. All she wanted the Ravenclaw was to smile confidently for the camera. "Smile!" The Gryffindor snapped the camera, that had no flash and it uttered a small sound that sounded like crushing leaves on the pavement. It really did not mind if ever Alliyah surprised Bella. Ally hoped that Bella would not take it seriously, just for fun, if she would know.

Isabella smiled at Alliyah's response. Bella hadn't been able to play the piano in a while being as she couldn't bring one to Hogwarts but she knew there was one here, and teaching Ally would be the perfect excuse to use it. "You know I could teach you, there are pianos here and I would love to show you how." Bella grinned at the blonde, she knew it would be fun and they would be able to better know one another in the process. The whole idea sounded wonderful and it would be just the break from reality they would need. Music was Isabella's passion and to be able to share that with her friend, would be the greatest feeling in the world. Just thinking about it filled Bella with happiness. Then as if the moment could get any better she heard Ally ask her to model for her. Isabella looked at the raised camera and and smiled a natural smile, because she really was truly happy. She was glad to be here at Hogwarts and in this tower with her friend Alliyah and know they were documenting it with a picture. She only wished her brothers could be here to see it, she was here with a friend and for the first time in a long time she just felt like a eleven year old.

Black and white were surely the colours of the keys in a piano. Both colors were admired by the Lioness and it was sure that she would always were them. The shade of white goes with Alliyah, because of her light skin too and her blonde hair. She prefers black though, because it suits her body type and its material goes with her skin too. The blonde was not as pale as her sister, but she too sometimes became pale when Winter came. The cold temperature of Winter made her a little uncomfortable. It made her shiver and locked her in the dormitories. Summer was a great way to spend her time out. The warmth was perfect for her. Looking at Bella seriously, she cast an unbelievable look. She was not so sure whether to believe her friend or not. Hogwarts New Zealand was a school of magic and not for music. "Pianos? In Hogwarts? Where Bella?" Alliyah asked her own Ravenclaw friend, thinking if ever it was in their common room or not. The whole castle had its own secrets and Ally wondered if ever Isabella had the chance to explore most of them. Exploring was not really her type, but Alliyah loved jumping into any thing without judging its proceeding events. It was a bad habit, but the Gryffindor could not help it. That kind of thing was tempting to do and she really did not mind if ever she would get caught. Alliyah flashed the camera and brought it down to view the picture that she captured.

The face of her friend was natural and it looked so vibrant, so alive. Alliyah nodded in approval to her thoughts and showed it to the first year. Her face was refreshed and it looked like they just went surfing. All they were doing was sitting in the North Tower and yet, Ally felt that she was enjoying her time with Bella. It was a simple conversation but she was absorbed in it already. "You look so so so happy here. I think, I'll print this." Alliyah said as she was almost leaning her body on Bella. She resumed her position again, standing straight. There was no bench, but there was a railing with a wonderful view below them. There was a small gust of wind that came by occasionally but it was usually refreshing from time to time. Alliyah straightened herself up and brought her camera close to herself, about a feet away from her face as she examined it. It was a heavy thing and it was pricey in the muggle world. "You know what, I never knew how I got absorbed in this thing." Alliyah mumbled to herself, half conscious that Bella was still there. Her companion could have probably called her a riot, but Ally did not mind. She never took jokes seriously. Given that her parents would usually tell her or pair her up with some person that she really did not like. Euw, that was gross.

Isabella smiled at her friends surprise to there being a piano in the school. It was a large building after all it would make since for there to be two or three pianos in a place as big as this. She laughed slightly, "Well there is always the one used by the choir, but I have found one other in a room with some other unused instruments." Isabella had come across the room on one of her many walks, even when she couldn't go outside she had made it a point to keep up her daily habit of exploring and trying to memorize as much of the school as she could before she graduated. So far she had only managed to figure out what she was sure was only a fraction of the school, but she didn't worry much about it, she had seven years after all. "I figured we could use the one no one really knows about so we won't be bothered, and it's in a mainly vacant part of the castle so unless someone is walking around us they won't hear us." Bella smiled at Ally she knew her friend would be excited after hearing this which made Bella happy. Ally was looking at the picture she had taken of her and moved the camera so she could see, it was a really good picture. Bella knew you normally only got pictures like this without the person knowing, and it amazed her that Alliyah had been able to capture this moment of pure happiness. "If you do I would like a copy, for my brothers. They would really like it I'm sure." She smiled at her friend. She listened as Ally mutter to herself about not knowing how she started with photography. Bella giggled a little, "I don't really remember when my love of music started, but now I love it so much I can't imagine having ever lived without it." She looked at Ally with understanding, she knew what it was like to ponder these things. "But I think that's how we know when something is really important to us, it becomes apart of us."

The things that were surrounding them were trying to distract the young Gryffindor. Everything was amazing to her soft blue eyes that showed her bubbly expression all the time. It was unavoidable but she tried to focus on the main thing that she had for now, the conversation with her Italian friend. The Italian blonde actually had the same features as her with the creamy white skin and blonde hair. She hadn't gotten a closer look on her eyes yet but if it were blue then it would be a total coincidence that they looked somehow alike in a good way. Alliyah thought that they were not identical though they closely looked almost the same. Her style though, was plain and not exactly interesting. It went with her mood most of the time and shorts were the perfect thing that matched her for the free day. "I never knew that there was a choir in Hogwarts." The Gryffindor mumbled softly to the Italian and slowly turned her own body to face the view that was behind her. It never occurred to Ally that she sometimes had a blunt humour that was often dry. It was some sort of a hidden thing of hers and yet for the fact that it is hidden, she never knew about it. "That is so cool. You know which floor it is? I might be able to track it down whenever I have the time..." Alliyah grinned a little as she looked from the view to her friend and gave her a mischievous smile. Being dangerous that was rarely often had absolutely no harm, especially when Alliyah was careful with what she would do and how she would plan some special things.

"I'll give you one, when you can show me how to play the piano!" The Gryffindor tried her best to hide a small giggle, but it escaped from her lips softly and femininely. The trade was fair enough to her ears and Alliyah did not plan on changing it. It was such a grand feeling talking to the Ravenclaw. The problems and choices were all gone for the moment and it was like Bella was even closer to her than her own sibling. Alliyah looked at Bella for a moment and retreated back to her usual position, making sure that the photo surely won't get deleted by any means. Alliyah nodded as a smile of truth was on her blonde and young features. Bella had a deep understanding of things and Alliyah thought of it as a cool thing to do. Ally was the one who was usually reckless even though she had a good and decent mind on things but it seemed that Bella was the one who was prim and proper all the time. The Gryffindor hid a small smile to this and looked up to reply properly. "That is true. Very very very true. Photography is the next thing to me as a best friend." She giggled at her own silliness and yet, it was true. Everything was true with her and her own none living camera. It served her well through the months that she had it. Taking pictures was something amusing and fun at the same time and Alliyah had someone to share it with, finally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back