A Picnic

Anna Summers

OOC First Name
Baylee
Anna walked to the lake and picked a good place to set up the picnic. She layed down a checkered blanket and basket of food. Anna sat down, awaiting Dante's arrival. She looked out at the beautiful lake, wondering how deep the lake was. There was a slight breeze blowing Anna's fixed-up hair around. Anna was setting out the plates and napkins while singing her favorite song when she heard someone approaching.

Dante was coming over a small hill that let to the lake, and as he did, he heard a familiar voice that made him smile. It was Anna, but what made him smile was the fact that she was singing. He recognised the tune, and as she finally came into sight, he softly sang the harmony to the song, staring into Anna's eyes every moment he was there. He had the butterflies again, but he didnt care. He loved the sensation. He grinned at her as he knelt down and kissed her cheek. "Good afternoon." he said softly as he sat down.

Anna smiled ear-to-ear as she recognized the person as Dante. He kissed her on her cheek and she blushed but said, "Good afternoon to you too. How's it going?" Anna felt it was only polite to ask. Anna bit her lip, Oh wow! That was embarrassing!!! I can't believe he heard me singing! "I have Pan Bagnat, Crudites with Lemon Oil, and Rosemary Almonds," Anna grinned, "It's a French Picnic!" Anna hoped he would enjoy the meal. She was a little nervous for having her very first REAL date.

Dante grinned. "French, nice. Ive always wanted to go to france." he said softly as he looked at the lunch. He pulled a pizza out of the bag that he had brought with him. "How about we add a little Italian to this lunch. He said with a chuckle. "I hope you like pepperoni." he added. He reminded himself to thank to elves in the kitchens when he got back to the castle. He sighed to himself. The butterflies were starting to fade, the light that seemed to flow from Anna grew by the minute. As he continued to gaze into her eyes, a smile appeared on his face, and his cheeks turned a light shade of red.

Anna giggled a little, "I love pepperoni!" Anna smiled at him, he reminded her alot of her friend back home. Cute, nice, caring... But Dante seemed like so much more than that! Anna looked over to the lake and thought, Wow... This is perfect! "So What've you been doing lately?"

Dante grinned. 'This girl gets better and better' he thought to himself. He looked out at the lake. It looked beautiful. Butterlies and birds flew around the place. The water rippled softly as a warm breeze picked up. Dante's hair rippled softly and he ran a hair through it. He gave a oft shrug at her question. "Not much," he answered, "Just been going to classes, though ive been late most of the time. Oh, and ive been meaning to ask..." he said, smiling to her, "Would you like to go to Brightstone Village with me?" he asked.

"Classes..." Anna sighed, "You know I haven't been going to classes lately..." Anna shrugged. It was strange to think she had been skipping some classes, her being a Ravenclaw and all. "I would love to! I've never actually been into Brightstone Village before!" Anna smiled, glad that she would be doing something with him again, for sure. Anna closed her eyes and imagined she was back home again with all her friends and family. No magic... This seemed like a good and bad thing to Anna. She looked into Dante's eyes and smiled while biting her lip, forgetting everything she was thinking about.

Dante laughed softly. "Great, but i think it would be wiser to get through our first date before planning the second, dont you think?" he said with a light smirk. He was happy that she wanted to go to Brightstone with him. Now all he had to do was not stuff this date up. " So, i say we start eating now, so by the sun starts going down, we'll be able to continue on with my planned evening." he said, chuckling to himself as he remembered his mum always saying wait half an hour before swimming after eating.

Anna giggled a little, "Yea, I suppose that makes sense." Anna took a little bit of everything and began eating. She heard him mention a "planned evening" and Anna got extremely curious. However, Anna wouldn't spoil anything by asking so she simply smiled and asked a few simple questions, "So... What's your favorite food? I know it's a silly question but it's always nice to know!"

Dante laughed softly. "Well, we're eating it. Pizza has always been my favourite food. And to save any other questions, i propose we play a little game." he said, a grin appearing on his face as he took a piece of pizza and bit it. "We shall each ask the other a series of questions about ourselfs, and give three choices for them to choose from." he explained, "For example, what is my favourite flower? Roses, Violets or Lillies?" he asked, starting the game. "The first to get five wrong looses, and a prize of some sort it given. But we'll get to that later." he added. This was a guessing game, but a good one to get to know someone.

Anna listened carefully to the instructions of the game and guessed, "Roses?" Anna was the worst at guessing games but she did enjoy trying! Anna took a few bites of her food, hoping he had actually meant for her to answer the example question. Anna hated being embaressed, especially in front of boys.

Dante grinned, glad that she had picked up that he had started the game. "Haha, no. Its Lillies." he answered with another chuckle. Why nobody ever managed to guess that was beyond him. He took another bite of his pizza as he continued to look into Anna's eyes. "And now you go." he said.

"Oh!" Anna loved lillies too. "What is my favorite animal? Giraffe, Elephant, Panda?" It had taken her a minute to think of a question but once she had one, she was content.

Dante blushed softly. He had guessed from her expression that she liked lillies to. This was the first girl that Dante had met who liked lillies. He was liking Anna more and more, and was beginning to wonder if he was slowly falling in love? Was he too young to fall in love? Maybe he was just being silly. Dante grinned at her question. "Im gonna guess Panda's?" he asked curiously.

"Correct!" Anna was surprised, almost no one ever got that right. "Your turn." Is it so wrong to be this young and on her very first date? What would her mother say??? Anna's eyes were wide as she thought about this, but kept her cool when looking Dante in the eyes.

Dante chuckled softly. He liked it when he got it right. He wracked his brains for another question. "Okay, which is my favourite muggle band?" he asked, grinning to himself. He wondered if Anna would know any of these bands, "Parkway Drive, Bullet For My Valentine or Escape The Fate." he asked, giving her a smirk. One band was Australian, one was American, and one was English.... But which one was his favourite?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back