A Not So Tragic Issue

Gabrielle Kovac

OOC First Name
Jessye
Wand
Willow Wand 12" Essence of Chimaera Scale
Gabrielle was so past freaking out right now, she had already had close to a complete meltdown in her bedroom this morning before she decided that she needed to know the facts. Her mother and father would absolutely have her head if she actually was Pregnant like she thought she was, it was only a guess based on recent things she had noticed going on with her body. There were so many reasons she was praying for it not to be true and the biggest reason of all was most that she did not want to be a mother so young and the other was because she did not want an attachment to any male like that without her being in love with him. And there was so certainly no man out there that she was in love with, or even remotely close to liking actually. Gabrielle thought that most men were nothing but obnoxious pains in the butt, not to mention most also wanted nothing but one thing and thats always irked her off to think about. Of course there were exceptions out there in the world yet, she just had yet to meet any that weren't already taken or didn't annoying her to no end yet. Either way this whole issue started with her letting her guard down, god she wished she hadn't gone such a thing. If she was indeed pregnant she was tempted to break down onto the floor and cry until she drowned in her own tears, this could not be happening to her right now. The blonde hurried her way through the halls of St. Mungos, wearing nothing more than summer clothes and a worried look on her pretty face as she glanced around for someone who could help her.

"Ugh I can't find anything around here." Gabrielle stomped gently before crossing her arms over her chest and biting her lip softly, surely someone must notice the worried look on her face. What she needed was someone who was good with this sort of thing, someone who knew about pregnant people and babies because she wasn't sure if anyone else could give her answers. Gabrielle's hands dropped to her flat stomach for a moment before she sighed and walked off into another direction, she was fighting back the urge to burst out crying and throwing a complete fit. She would keep wandering this damned Hospital all day if she had too, she needed help and she needed answers... hopefully someone would actually notice that she looked like she needed help anyways.

This was just another day in Saint Mungo's. Colton was a midwife, a male midwife, and he was in training to make potions and medicines. He was still young, but he knew a lot about pregnancies and such. Colton put down his work, and he left his office when he heard someone say that there was a young lady outside that needed some assistance. He was a Healer, not one of the best, but he was good enough to work here. Colton nodded at the assistant, and he stood up from his desk. Colton glanced down at his study material and wondered if today would be any worse than yesterday. There was nothing like a miscarriage. It was harsh, and sometimes, Colton did not like to hear about it. He also did not like to hear about the crying. He combed his brown hair from his brown eyes, and he opened the office door completely. He went into the lobby, and he took the clipboard in his hand.

For a young healer, this man was absolutely delicious appearing. Silky brown hair, the dreamy chocolate eyes, and the somewhat built body. He could have almost every woman he wanted, but there was the issue, he never wanted anyone. They were just too easy. Colton didn't want that, and that was why he had never had a girlfriend in his life. He had better things to do other than doing women all the time. His eyes scanned the names on the board but no one on here seemed to be in a hurry. He asked the assistant where he was needed, and she pointed to a distressed girl. Colton rolled his eyes and he said, "Okay, I'll handle her." Colton approached the pretty blonde that did not catch his attention until now. He tapped her shoulder, and he raised an eyebrow at her. His white coat covered his body, but the black underneath and the tag reveal that he was a healer. He inquired, "What is your problem so that I may help fix it?" His Slovak accented voice did not sound in any way flirtatious. Instead, it sounded formal and almost bored. If this was another insanity case, he would not have to handle it. That was not his department of expertise.

Gabrielle paused and whipped around when she felt someone tap her shoulder, her crystal blue eyes immediately fixed themselves onto an attractive young man that she could only assume was either a Healer or just someone looking to annoy her. "If your not a Healer you have ten seconds to get the hell away fro-Oh you are a Healer!" Her first reaction was to just assume that he was only here to bother her and give her a hard time but when she saw the tag that all the Healers from here wore, she felt a little bad for getting snarky with him but then again she wasn't all that nice of a person either. To begin with she was panicky and didn't know for sure or not if her life was ruined or if was just a false alarm. Infertility ran like a demon through her mother's side of the family and there about about a two in three chance that she had it in her blood as well. Basically it meant that not only was it extremely hard to get her pregnant, but the infant had a very good chance at dying before or during birth. Plus Gabrielle would have some severe symptoms herself, without even the slightest bit of a warning it could kill her. Giving a worried glance around the room for anyone that she knew or could use this against her she sighed. She was just going to have to tell this guy what was up and hopefully he could get someone who could help her in here quick, she was already starting to feel sick and weak again.

"Alright, alright...I think I may be pregnant but I'm not entirely sure. I need a midwife or someone who can actually tell me about pregnancies and babies...not you." Gabrielle said the last part as if he were nothing but a bug that she thought should be squished quickly, as attractive and seemingly genuine he was there was no man that was her type and ever would be her type. Turning her head Gabrielle attempt to walk past the guy and back towards the desk to ask the lady where she should go. Even though most people didn't mean to be rude like she was, she meant it. Gabrielle wanted no one in her face and no one in her life, call her heartless all you want but if it was one thing Gabrielle refused it was to get attached to anyone. Because in the end, everyone ends up alone. Or at least thats what she thought.

Colton raised an eyebrow when the girl got a little testy with him. Viktor Ryzhenkov can deal with this one if she proves that she is will out of her mind, thought Colton in his native tongue. Was this girl dense that she did not realize that he was a healer Colton assumed that she was just freaking out and would excuse her for this one time. Colton said nothing about her snarky attitude, and when she even got ruder to him, he was tempted to call the psychiatrist to get down here and handle the crazy woman. If someone was wanting help so badly, then they should not act like that. Seriously. Colton rolled his eyes and he wanted to return to the office and get back to his work. She needed to know about pregnancies and babies, and he was the right one to come to, and he had no other appointments today. The assistant gave him a hard look, and he shook his head. So much for an easy day today.

Colton folded his arms over his chest and he called after the girl, "If you want to see you are pregnant or not, you have your back turned to someone to knows about that sort of ordeal. If you don't want to know, then just keep walking. Get a take home test and pray your parent's don't find out, or anyone else for that matter." Colton had yet to deal with someone as rude as her, but he truly did not really want to deal with a ***** and a half. After experiencing something like that, Colton thought that the girl was a waste of time, especially since the woman at the desk would point her to him anyway. Everyone else seemed to be rather full or had appointments. Colton shrugged and he turned around to head back to his office. Colton assumed that if she wanted help so much, she would swallow her pride and ask for it. There was no way he was going to follow her and waste his own time. There could be more important lives that needed saving. A healer, young almost new, came to him and asked his advice on how to repair and mend a broken arm. Colton told her the right potion, before he continued down toward his office.

Gabrielle did not show any sort of softness or innocence to someone often so anyone to see if should consider themselves almost lucky to see her drop her guard like so. To her ultimate dismay she was going to have to let that guard and wall of hers drop once more if she wanted some help with this at all, for all the assistant did was point to the man that walked away from her a moment or so ago. With a defeated sigh Gabrielle headed over to the man and stopped in front of him, her blue eyes piercing and dark as she tried to think of the wording she needed to use. "Okay, sorry for yelling and stuff but I'm a little freaked out right now plus...what kind of a boy becomes a midwife?" Her voice held a but of confusion in it as she spoke to him, this was the first guy she had ever heard of that really knew something or two about babies and such. Didn't it bother him that he could possibly deliver his own children or something someday? Shaking her block locks out of her face she decided to quit picking on the guy and actually see if he could help her out or something. Gabrielle would make fun of him for being a baby-loving nurse kind of guy later, when she didn't need his help of course.

"So can you..help me? Please? I have no idea what I'm doing." Gabrielle actually sounded like a innocent and heartful girl for a moment there, she had no intention of being mean right now but she was no buttercup. Then again she wasn't a tough girl either, she was just mean with her words because she was afraid of people getting close to her. Then again he was a doctor and was going to stick to his profession, if it was all good she could leave and probably never see him again so there would be no need for her to worry.

The assistant had pointed to Colton, and he had opened the door to his office, and was about to step in when that rude blond haired girl stepped in front of him again. He folded his arms across his chest, and he raised an eyebrow down at her. He was not wanting to be yelled at again, because he really did not have to help this girl. He could easily schedule her for someone else on another day and allow her to freak out more, but she was desperate. She apologized and Colton was a little surprised that she would swallow that pride and actually humble down to an apology. But this did not make Colton any less...blank than he was before. He was never one to really show emotions. Colton answered in a monotone voice, "I accept your apology, and the kind that is helping you. I don't question what you do as a profession, do I?" Colton glanced into his office and he used his hand to motion for her to take a seat in one of the chairs. He moved around her and went to his desk.

"I can help you, if and only if you can restrain from yelling and insulting. I am here to help patients that want help, and doing that just makes it seem like you don't want it." Colton spoke like a true healer, and he took a seat in his chair. He went through some files, and he got out a sheet that would list off questions he would need to ask to see if she were pregnant, and if some of these were not what he wanted, then blood work would need to be done to tell. Colton retrieved a quill and some ink, and he got right down to business. "I want you to answer these questions to the best of your abilities to see if you are pregnant or not. First, when was the last time you've had your menstrual cycle?" Colton sometimes hated that this was part of the job, but he liked doing this as well. It was just the general awkwardness that a woman had when it came to men knowing things like this. He just hoped that she would answer all of the questions to see what was up with her body. It could be from stress as well. He waited for her answer, and his brown eyes landed on her once more.

Gabrielle opted to remain silent instead of yelling or saying anything to the boy again even though she seemed a little surprised that she apologized and asked for his help at all. this was how she usually was with everything, cold and silent to everyone she knew just because she never found enough reason to speak to anyone unless she was yelling or needed something and if she did talk to them for reasons other than that it was brief and usually not very lively. "If you had ask my profession I'd probably punch you." She stated under her breath as she headed into the room with the guy and glanced at one of the chair he had told her to sit down in. Gabrielle gracefully sat herself down before she crossed her legs and stared at the guy taking in every single one of his movements carefully, as if it were the most interesting thing in the world. Gabrielle didn't know what it was that they did to check for pregnancies so she was hoping none of it would be too painful or anything, she could deal with awkward but that was only because he was a doctor and usually they only asked to check and make sure nothing was up. chances are that she'd never see him again after this so she wasn't bothered. As he got out a sheet she knew right away that question were going to be involved, she wondered how deep they would get as well.

And of course his first question did take her surprise but it didn't really put her out of her comfort zone. "A little bit longer than a few months ago, but they are usually irregular anyways." Gabrielle answered softly. Her blue eyes shifted to the paper as she wondered what he had written down onto it, there had been a point where she wanted to be a Healer once but when she found out that she not only had a lot of health issues and stuff she decided against it. Once she was more settled and got her own place Gabrielle wanted to find some job in the Ministry, but she didn't know what would be good for her yet.

Colton brilliantly ignored her comment about punching him, because then she would have to be dragged out of here for assaulting a healer. He heard her answer the question, and he wrote down her words. She managed to answer another question about her menstrual and if it were regular or irregular. The next question would be a little hard for her to answer, but it was on the sheet. "When was the last time you had intercourse?" He did not want to flat out ask her when was the last time she had sex, and he was being formal about it too. "Also, if you are so irregular, what symptoms of pregnancy other than the delaying of the cycle do you have?" Colton knew that there would be a test done anyway, but he still needed this information to seal the diagnosis. A little blood work would be needed, and he hoped that she was not squeamish to blood. That would be highly...entertaining to see such a prideful girl pass out because of a little blood. But he kept these thoughts to himself. Never had he had to deal with someone that was anything like her, but this would help give him experience and all, so he did not mind.

This guy was very professional which Gabrielle in the end was thankful for because these questions were a little on the personal side and forced her to be more open than she had with anyone in years. The next question completely caught her off guard though because her mouth dropped and her bright blue eyes widened for a moment after he had asked her the question. Gabrielle was unsure whether this question was really needed or not but she might as well answer it or something and not give the poor guy a hard time. "I think about three months ago." The whole incident was fuzzy as hell to her because all she remembered was that it was another one of those infamous dinner party reunion for friends of the Lefevre's and such. At the party she had ended up somehow drinking more than she thought and well things sort of happened on their own after that point but it still happened no matter how much she wished it hadn't. She really regretted drinking anything at the party now. After a small sigh she tucked some of her hair out of her face and attempted to think hard about the next question that she was asked, her other symptoms.

"Um...fatigue, headaches, I've been sick a few times. If it helps at all though, supposedly my family suffers from a genetic issue that makes us fairly infertile. It's not impossible..but it's hard." Gabrielle didn't know if they had files on a such thing or not but really the chances were not high but they were still there. And of course she had seen how sick, how weak, and how close to death a lot of Lefevre Woman had when it came to having children or even getting pregnant themselves. Her mother for example was quite old in her years and only had two children in her lifetime, Gabrielle knew Danielle wanted more though. The woman as a weakness for babies as did most woman but she also wanted to spread her line and keep her blood going into the world. By some miracle she had given birth to twins too, how she lived it seemed that no one really knew. Gabrielle didn't want kids yet, she hadn't even found a guy she liked enough to date let alone have kids with. "Do you have any ideas what's wrong with me yet?" Gabrielle asked softly, she wanted to snap at him for the answer but she knew that was going to get her nowhere. Surely he must have a general idea of what's going on with her body and if she was truly pregnant yet.

Colton noted this down, and he glanced over at her stomach. Three months...she was not pregnant. She would be entering the second trimester, and she would know that she was. Not only that, she would be somewhat showing if she were three months. Not to mention that her stomach would be rather firm. Colton listened to her words and he put down the quill. He said, "If I can take some blood, then I can really tell if you are or are not pregnant. From your information alone, you aren't from what I can tell. I would say that you are just stressed out that is causing you to be sick, but if you want the test done, I will perform it." Colton set the paperwork to the side, and he raised an eyebrow at what she were to say. "By the way, I need to know your name as well. For records." Colton doubted that he would introduce himself unless she wanted him. She already gotten on his bad side before, so... Colton did not feel like being snapped at again. That could be tolerable if he did something wrong, but he didn't do anything wrong.

Gabrielle wanted to let loose a sigh when he said that he thought that she wasn't pregnant but then she let the words 'take some blood' sink in and she felt her breath get caught in her throat as she tried to grasp the fact thats he would need blood to have this fully figured out for her. "T-Take some blood? As long as your careful go ahead..." Gabrielle spoke carefully, she had never had blood actually drawn around her but she did know that she was weak around the sight of blood, it always made her think back to that day when Alphonse murdered her step-mother and her siblings. Holding out her shaking arm gently she hoped that he wouldn't laugh at her for being nervous about this, she didn't want to look like an idiot in front of everyone but sometimes these things needed to be done. As long as Gabrielle wasn't pregnant she would be fine, having a baby didn't seem so bad but she wanted to wait until she was older and found a guy that actually made her want to have a baby.

"My name is Gabrielle Snow." A bit of pride flashed into her voice as she said this even though she was nervous and quite eager to hear the results, it was in no way rude or anything though. She would have probably been even more prideful if she had been given the last name Lefevre as it had now become a female-run society. But she did appreciate that she was a pure blood and came from a Wealthy and Powerful family, without them she feared that she would probably be nothing more than a nasty little house slave.

Colton heard her approval and he stood up. He gave her a subtle smile but it lasted a fraction of a second. In the cabinets, he had a little tube, a needle, and vial to place her blood to have it tested. He had out the alcohol, the cotton as well. Finally, that little rubber strap. He lifted her sleeve and tied the strap around her arm. "Hold still, Gabrielle, and this won't take long at all." He disinfected the area where he could see the vein. Within a moment, he had the needle in and the vial was filling with rich, dark red blood. He waved his hand over it and it healed. He untied the strap and he capped the vial with the blood. He was very quick about taking a little bit of blood. He said, "Oh, by the way, I'm Colton Kovac. In case you panic or something while I have this tested. Should not take long at all." Colton left the office, only to return in ten short minutes. He leaned against the desk and he gave her the news, something some people would be scared to death to hear, "As I suspected, you are not pregnant, you are just stressed out. Take it easy on your body, it is the only one you'll ever have." Colton wrote down the results before he waved his wand and the files and paperwork organized themselves. "Any other questions, Ms. Snow?" If she asks anything stupid, I may just lie to her and make her think she was pregnant. But that would be unprofessional of me, even if it would be rather funny to watch, thought the young healer with a smirk in his mind yet not a single emotion on his face.

A pretty smile rose up onto Gabrielle's face. "Pleasure to meet you Mr. Kovac, even our first meeting wasn't so pleasant." Gabrielle looked at her arm where the blood had been drawn. He had been quick about it and she was thankful for that because it felt really weird having her blood drawn at all. She didn't bother to watch him do it though in case it made her sick or anything. After he told her he was taking to have her blood tested and that it would take a few minute's Gabrielle nodded softly before she sat back for a moment and thought to herself about that way she was to people, only those she trusted and became close to her got to see a sweeter side that people considered to be much more pleasant and graceful. Like for example, one thing no one knew about her except for maybe one person was that she really liked flowers. Gabrielle was just really hard to crack through. But to those who could get through her walls she wasn't so bad. When Colton returned and announced that she wasn't pregnant Gabrielle sighed in relief and buried her head in her hands.

"Thank god. You have no idea how relieved I am, this was so something I didn't need. I can try to keep my stress levels down low but no promises." Gabrielle stood up from her seat and sighed before she wiped some of the dirt off of her shorts, she appreciated that he even helped her after she was so rude to him but one thing that still sort of bothered her was how he seemed to almost mocking her still. She turned her beautiful eyes onto him for a moment before she noticed that he was smirking and cleared her throat. "Why are you smirking Mr. Kovac?" She asked curiously as she raised an eyebrow and tried her best not to become worried about it. Usually when people like him smirked it was never good. He better not have tampered with her results and lie to her saying she wasn't pregnant when she really was.

"Don't promise me anything, it is your body. Promise it that you will attempt to bring the stress levels down," Colton commented, and he wondered something about Gabrielle. Wondered if she would be back for another test or something, and maybe actually be pregnant. She may be pretty and all, but he was relieved that she did not hang all over him like all the other boring girls had. Though to him, she was a patient. And that was it. Colton swished his hair from his forehead, and raised an eyebrow. She thought he was smirking? Could she have seen into his deep brown eyes that he thought blocked everything but not to her? "It is nothing. You best be on your way, and take some time to relax so that your body will heal up. Maybe the next time you come in, you might not need a pregnancy test." He leaned off of his desk and went behind it to sit back down. There was nothing more he could or would say to Gabrielle Snow. He had other things to do, other things to study. Perhaps they would meet again, but Colton hoped that if that were to happen, that she would be a little nicer about wanting help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back