A not so better world...

David Thrakos

OOC First Name
Pat
Sexual Orientation
Undecided
Wand
Apple 13" Essence of Unicorn Hair
Muscles stinging, Heart pounding and chest heaving, David burst through the doors to the steps of the north tower. He was running so fast up the stairs that the tears he was shedding barely had time to leave his eyes before they where swept from his face.
He had just finished dinner and had been heading toward the Hufflepuff common room when a group of nasty looking second year slytherins gathered around him in the corridor. "Hahaha hufflepuff?!?! what kind of rubbish house is that?! you'll get nowhere in that house, you might aswell go home!" They kept shouting at him and shouting at him. David tried to ignore them, he asked them to move so he could get past but they wouldnt. He threw himself forward in an attempt to push past some of the boys to get through. As he did this two of the boys moved apart and David fell straight to the floor, the slytherins proceeded to kick him while he lay on the floor. After what seemed like a very long time david saw one of the boys move back, david lept up and pushed the boy forcefully out of the way, making him hit his head on the wall behind him. He burst through the nearest door not daring to stop as he new the slytherins where right behind him.
Farther and farther up the steps of the north tower,he ran until he reached the top and burst through the door to the outside. He felt safe here, he doubted the boys would follow him this far up. David dropped to the ground and leaned against the wall, brushing the tears from his eyes and nursing the numerous bruises he now had across his legs, body and arms. He breathed a sigh of relief for a moment until a noise made his heart sink. Foot steps at the other side of the door, he couldnt run, he could barely move with the pain. All he could do was watch as the door opened infront of him...

Roberta was running as fast as she never had thought she could. While she was heading for dinner in the great hall she encountered a group of stupid slytherin guys, probably from 2nd or 3rd year, who were in the mood of playing some pranks.
They used a trip jinx on her and she fell down the stairs. Too bad for them, she didn't tolerate that attitude and after tossing on them a couple of dungbombs she ran for her life. Probably pissed off, they were chasing her now. She could hear their steps echooing through corridors.

She didn't know were exactly she was going. Just running up stairs, making her way in dark corridors, until she found a closed door.
She opened it rapidly and got in, closing it behind her as softly as she could as the only thing she could hear was the bit of her heart, drumming in her ears.

Phew, that was close. she murmured before she left a gasp.
Someone was already there. A boy, probably a fellow first year.
You scared me to death. she said almost collapsed on the floor.
What are you doing here? she asked him breathless.​
<i>
</i>

David was surprised when the opened and a young girl, most likely a fellow first year, came through. For a moment she never saw that he was there, then with a gasp she saw david and, in a state of shock asked, "What are you doing here?"
David looked at the girl for a moment, he was slightly shocked himself. Then he replied, "I-I- was running... This group of idiot slytherins where beating me up" He rolled up his sleeves a little bit so the girl could see some of the bruises had gotten from the slytherins. "I came here to hide... Why are you here? Did you see them?"

Roberta listened carefully the boy while she was catching her breath.
' Hmm... it seems that Slytherins are quite bored tonight and thought that we could be their little toys. ' she commented as she could see that both of them have been their victims.
' They beat you? ' she asked surprised. She got her answer as the boy rolled up his sleeves to reveal several nasty bruises.
' I'm sorry. I don't have anything with me to apply on these bruises. ' she said apologetically, feeling sorry for him.
' The only staff that I got with me were a couple of dungbombs. I got rid of them on that Slytherins.' she smiled to encourage the boy.
' I don't know if we were attacked by the same group or different one. ' she wondered.
' I was jinxed instead of beaten. ' she said casting a worrying look at the boy's bruises.
' Maybe you should go to the hospital wing...' she suggested.

He thought about the girls words for a moment, she had actually looked worried when she saw the bruises. In a strange way he had found this comforting. "I don't think they are bad enough for me to visit the hospital wing" As he said this he stepped forward a few steps and his legs gave out from underneath him, he found himself face down on the floor. He slowly pushed himself to his feet, he looked at the girl, she looked extremely worried now. He stood up as straight as he could, Smiled as best he could and said, "Hmm... yeah, I think the hospital wing would be a good idea after all"

</FONT>
' Yeah I think so too. ' she said as she noticed that his legs were quite weak. ' It seems though that we are trapped in here for a while." she said and placed her ear on the door's surface. She tried to listen for any suspicious sound outside the room.
Probably the slytherins would be wandering around, searching for both of them.
' I think it should be better to stay here for a while. Let's hope that they'll get tired after a while and will leave us. ' she tried to comfort him more and sat in front of the door, to be able to listen if anyone was coming.
' Oh I haven't introduced myself yet. ' she remembered.
' I'm Roberta, firts year Gryffindor. What's your name? ' she beamed at him while introducing herself.​
<i>
</i><FONT font="Comic Sans MS">

"Hiya Roberta, My name is David, I'm a first year Hufflepuff" He said this with the hopes of striking up a somewhat normal conversation, despite the fact he was injured and, from what he could tell, they where both as scared as eachother. David sat down facing Roberta, trying not to lean his weight on any of the bruises. Thoughts ran through his mind, he wondered how long would be best to wait, If the slytherins would infact come to the top of the tower and if so, how he and Roberta would get away. He saw her look and him with a deep concern, he knew right away that she could tell exactly what was going through his mind, and his face must have been giving an impression of fear. He swallowed his fear and tried to push it to the back of his mind, not wanting make her feel any more scared than she already was. "So, Im guessing this isn't how you thought your first night in the castle would be?"

' Nice to meet you David. ' she gave him a warmth smile while she was wondering which house was Hufflepuff, the one with the yellow and the badger or the blue one with the raven?
She tried to listen again carefully. She could heard generally steps but sounded distant. Could be any student returning to the Gryffindor common room.
' Well we are talking about me. I'm always in this kind of situation, so I'm not really surprised. ' she shrugged her shoulders, sounding like this was happening to her every day.
' It could be worse. ' she joked and embraced her knees, placing her chin on them.
' It's alright for me.' she reassured him. ' Look at you, how they had treated you of. Don't tell me that you generally get bullied?' she asked him, hoping that this wasn't the case.

David once again saw a look of concern come across the girls face, he thought about lying for a moment, so as not to make himself seem weak, but decided there wasnt any use in lying. "I wouldnt say generally, but its not the first time its happened" he looked down at his feet so as not to see her reaction. he too sat down resting his chin on his knees, it was the only comfortable way he could sit without the bruises causing him pain. "How are you always in this kind of situation? that doesnt seem very fair"

Roberta had the impression that David, generally was fallen victim of bullies.
' I think you just have to stand up for yourself and show to those idiots that you can support your own skin. ' she gave him a friendly advice.
' If you seem confident they will get the message and they will leave you alone.' she was talking from experience as she was used to be bullied sometimes in the past.
' Personally, I can't wait to learn how to defend my self. ' she said and reached for her wand in her pocket. She took it out and and gave it a wave, pretending of casting a spell.
' It's so bad that we can't really use them yet and escape from here. '
She looked as if her wand was a useless piece of wood and left it rest next to her, on the floor.
' No I don't mean that I get always these. I often get in trouble. Maybe it's in my DNA.' she joked, remembering that day when she had once set free by accident a grabhorn when she and her grandmother had visited once an old friend of her that had an apothecary full of magical creatures
<i></i>.

David could tell straight away that his attempt to hide the fact he got bullied alot had failed completely. He looked at looked at the girl, thinking hard about what she had said. "do you really think something like that can run in your DNA?" He thought about this more. He had a habit of attracting rather nasty bullys. He wasnt a bad kid by any stretch of the imagination but bullys just seemed to congragate around him. "Maybe its in my DNA to get beat up everwhere I go..." his heart sank a little at the thought.

' I mean it's like the prone-accidents. I'm more like a prone-trouble. ' she said to end David's confusion.
But what said David, really made her heart sunk. ' No don't say that. You just need to believe in yourself. ' she tried to make him see that he was just thinking negatively. ' I'm sure you could teach them a lesson when you get to use your wand. Those slytherins they won't know what hit them.' she hoped to make him feel better soon. His confidence had reached low level and he seemed quite unable to do something for that.
She preferred to change the subject, to make him forget all about it.
' So where are you from David? '
<i>
</i>

Davids mind focused on what roberta had said, in his mind the words reverberated... "You just need to believe in yourself" He put his hand in his pocket and gripped his wand tightly, She was right, he cant let those bullys get him down. If he let them get the better of him then he would have let them win. He looked up at her, knowing her question was a change of subject, which he didnt mind. "Im from wellington, I live close to the harbour. Where are you from?"

' Hmm, I've never been there to be honest. How it looks like? ' she asked quite curious.
' Well my father is half mexican, half italian but my mother is from here, Brightstone village. I live with my mother and my grandma currently ' she explained. She wasn't so used to be talking about her family but David looked a good guy and that made Roberta open up herself a bit.
' Are both your parents into magic staff? ' she continued their conversation but at the same time she was cautious to collect any sound coming outside the room that might indicate someone's arrival.

OOCOut of Character:
you didnt say if it was an open or closed topic so i replyed as if it was open, if it is closed just ignore it

Briar was just heading back from the great hall from dinner when she saw a few slytherins picking on one of the new students. however before she could get there she had fun off up a set of stairs. Birar headed up to the slytherins making sure she kept out of sight and hit one of them with a bat bogie hex and the other with the fur growing spell. that should keep them occupied for a while. she thought chasing after the girl, she was a fast runner but the girl had had a fair head start. Briar was also a trained hunter but the walls of the castle insulated any sound that may be caused from feet.
a while later she reached the top of the north tower and burst through the door, finding two new students looking absolutely horrified. however one was the girl from before "sorry about barging in on you, but i have sorted out those slytherins, from earlier. they should have enough on their mind for tonight. Im briar, by the way, briar rowan" she said to the girl. who she seemed to remember was in gryfindor.

OOCOut of Character:
I think you are very welcome to participate. I was thinking of requesting some Slytherin's to come later at the end of this thread, to make a narrow escape. What both of you do you think?

Roberta became too relaxed during her conversation with David that she missed out the sound of footsteps, coming up their way.
When she realized, it was too late. The door opened before she was able to stand up and almost pushed her aside as she was sitting in front of it. She clumsily stood up, while the door was sidetracking her, picking up her wand. She aimed with it the newcomer.

She might not even known a single spell but it was the only way to buy them some time, to come up with a plan to escape.
However, the new person, entering the room, wasn't one of the slytherins. Just a girl, older than them. Although she wasn't looking at all like the slytherin bullies, Roberta didn't lowered her wand.
Roberta was going to ask her whom she was but the girl took the initiative and introduced herself.
When she said that she took care of those slytherins, Roberta dropped her defenses but still had in mind that this could be a trick.

' Really? How? I'm Roberta by the way. ' she introduced back herself. That Briar was familiar. Roberta believed that she saw her in the gryffindor's table during the sorting ceremony.
' Are you a prefect? ' she asked her. She hoped not. She and David weren't supposed to be there that late and the one thing that Roberta knew from the beginning when she got her letter was that she would have generally some issues with the prefects.​
<i>
</i>

OOCOut of Character:
Your very much welcome :) I think that would be a good Idea Roberta!

David sat there completely shocked and unable to move, even when Roberta had introduced herself he still couldnt speak. He sat there for a moment wondering the same as roberta just asked... was this a prefect? what sort of excuse could they give for being up here that wouldnt get them in serious trouble? Then, so as not to seem rude he spoke-up "and my name is David, I swear the only reason we are up here is because of those slytherins, They beat me up, I had enough energy to make it up here but now i can barely walk" he looked at the older girl, hoping that the truth was enough to keep himself and Roberta out of trouble.

OOCOut of Character:
I dont mind, briar needs a little fun, so slytherins would be welcome

Nice to meet you roberta, and you too David Briar said smiling. she almost lauged as Roberta asked if she was a prefect, "I think you have me confused with someone else, there is no way i am a prefect, I spend far to much time in the grounds and no where near enough at me books to be considered for the role, in fact in my fist year i seem to remember spending most nights outside she smiled, and saw that the boy was hurt. she walked over to him and nelt beside him, "are you okay? they you seemed a little ruffed up she said instinctivly reaching into her little pouch attached to her belt and pulling out a fiew berries and a couple of leaves. "I'm afraid i am no healer, you will need to go to hospital wing to get checked up properly but this will do for the time being, just eat a couple of the berries, and rub some of this onto where you feel brused she said crushing up the leaves leaving a damp mush behind. when she was younger she was tought on the ways of the forest, and now she didnt feel right withought her pouch of plants and stuff to help her out, but they were only herbal remedies, the magic ones were obviously a lot quicker and better.

Roberta was listening really impressed what the girl was saying. She was like that. She would surely be sneaking out at nights.
Actually it was her first night at Hogwarts and she was already somewhere she shouldn't be.

' When you say outside, do you mean forbidden forest for instance? ' she asked highly curious.
Briar looked quite the adventurer. You couldn't find all that berries and herbs by staying inside the castle's walls.
' You must be quite good in herbology. ' pointed out as Briar was making a not so good-looking mush out of the leaves but would be obviously good for injuries.
' If only we had dittany or murtlap essence. Of course I don't know how they are brewed but I know the sooth pain and that are suitable for injuries likes David's. ' she remembered as her grandma was applying those essences on Roberta's wound, every time she got injured.
She went towards the door and tried to pick a sound or something.
' Do you reckon is safe to get out of here? ' she asked mostly Briar who looked more experienced in such situations.​
<i>
</i>

OOCOut of Character:
Ok I'll go and post at the threads for anyone offering a couple of slytherins to join. Though probably my character and david wouldn't be able to do much. It will make things though interesting.

briar smiled. "by the forbidden forrest you mean sometimes. other times i was on the lawn. she knew even at the time that this was odd but it had always been part of her life, living out side, and she found in her first year she couldn't sleep inside, even still she kept her window open, even in winter. "to be honest im not really good a classes. I can work well with plants because of my, unusual childhood, but that is not something for tonight's conversation. she laughed slightly.
"if you want i will go and check if it is safe, but first, Hominem Revelio" she said trying the spell. it told her that here was someone around in the tower but she couldn't be sure if it was the first years or someone else. "just wait here and i will go and check the rest of the tower. she said looking at them. she grabbed her wand in her left hand and her sling shot preloaded in her right. but she was sure she wouldn't need it.

Crystal Sasaki Hayden was glad to be back at Hogwarts. She had been getting bored in Texas. It had been way to hot, and Crystal had wanted to come back to the cold of New Zealand. Crystal had never really hated Texas. It was too hot for her liking, but she had ways around that. She wore dresses and went swimming. She stayed by the air conditioning, and drank ice tea, or mint syrup with water. Ice cream too. But, Now Crystal was actually back in New Zealand, She hadn't gotten rid of her summer ways. Although she was now in uniform. Which in Crystal's case was a very loosely used word. It was the set up of the uniform, but the way Crystal wore it, was not the usual way. Crystal had spent most of her summer with her elder sister. Who had showed her how to dress so she'd look slightly older. Even though Crystal was pretty content with looking her age, she did respect and look up to her sister, and had been pretty happy with the outcome. Crystal's skirt was short, and her black socks came to about knee length. It made her legs longer. Her school blazer, which had the Slytherin crest on it, was only a little shorter than the skirt. Her skirt was high waisted, which was why it was so short. Her skirt was tucked in, and her tie was lose. Even though classes had yet to start. Crystal loved wearing her uniform. The fact the slytherin crest was upon it, made her feel proud to be slytherin. And she felt it gave her the right to do, whatever she pleased. Crystal Sasaki overall in her uniform, looked to be fourth year rather than a second year. And she used this to her advantage. She'd been on her way to the North Tower, when she'd spotted a crowd of Slytherins. Of all different years and had decided to go over. The way she dressed did attract some eyes, but Crystal ignored it, since when she thought about it, she felt the urge to pull her skirt down. But, it was always a fleeting thought.

After spending a few moments talking with a cute fourth year boy, Crystal had noticed a few of the boys had spotted a little first year boy. She walked and stood, watching as they punched and kicked. She couldn't help but laugh at the boy. She had known that the Hufflepuffs had always been pretty pathetic but this took the cake. Crystal however did not get involved. Although it was funny, she never lashed out, unless she was annoyed, and Crystal was not annoyed. In fact she was happy, and happy wasn't something she mixed with fighting. Crystal had walked away, just waiting, Slytherin's got bored. Especially when there was no fighting back. Eventually things settled, and the boy ran off. Crystal then decided to go to the bathroom. Mainly to fix her hair, but for other reasons too. Her hair was now a light brown, almost red in colour. And sat in lose waves. Crystal still hadn't done what she'd left the dorm to do, so decided it was time to return to the North Tower. This was only to be greeted by the Slytherins, coughing and spluttering something about dungbombs. Crystal just felt sick. It was pretty awful. She couldn't believe someone would do such a thing. This annoyed her a lot. not to mention the cute boy, now had hair growing at a incredibly rapid pace. She felt like punching who'd ever done that. Crystal however couldn't do anything about it. So she just continued up to the North Tower. One of her other friends, a ravenclaw, spent a lot of time in the North Tower, mainly for the view and since it had been a whole holiday since she'd seen her, Crystal was hoping that she'd be there. Crystal headed to the North Tower. She got to the door, when it opened and she was greeted by what looked like a fourth year. "Move, you stupid witch" Crystal ordered, in her Texas accent. Clearly not amused or in the mood to talk to anyone. Instead of waiting for a response, Crystal just pushed past her and into the North Tower. It was as she headed into the room, to the window that her friend usual sat at, that she noticed the two others. A boy and a girl. Crystal turned and looked at them. Her brown eyes scanning them both. Then she realised who the boy was. "Aww, did the little Puff get hurt? Now isn't that cute. Why don't you just leave Hogwarts, I mean you're life here is going to be miserable, you're a Hufflepuff. It doesn't get worse that. And a gryffindor. Only a little better than you're pathetic little Hufflepuff friend."

OOCOut of Character:

I decided that Crystal would be best, she's young and stupid. Lily wouldn't have bothered with them. If you didn't want me to join right now, I'll take it away. As for the whole dueling thing, I took a look at the rules and it doesn't say anything against, it. But since the first
years wouldn't know any spells, it wouldn't be very good.

Briar was taken aback as a younger student pushed past her on the stairs, and called her a stupid witch, this angered her a little but not as much as was intended as Briar didn't find it very insultive as witches never had part of her upbringing, and even after three year she still didn't associate that word with herself. she looked younger and she wasn't in her year, she was probably a third year, or a second year. ether way she returned up the stairs as the younger students seemed pretty highly strung so she wanted to check if they were alright.
She got to the top of the tower and saw the girl shouting at the firsties. likely she was wearing her soft leather shoes, so that she had hardly made a sound on her climb. she just heard the girl, probably a slytherin call david a pathetic little hufflepuff friend. By now her blood was really boiling and she wanted to show it, she almost soundlessly whispered the knee reversal hex and aimed the wand at the girl. To be honest she didn't think it was enough but she didn't want to scare the first years. a minute later she decided a different tactic, and aimed a cheering charm at the girl, hopeing to make her a little less grumpy

OOCOut of Character:
i know i aimed two spells at crystal, but you cant really call a cheering charm offensive, also you can still decide on what hits her anyway.

Roberta gave a look of admiration to Briar as she was going to check out if everything was alright.
She had indeed the bravery of a Gryffindor.
' I really like her. ' he turned and smiled to David.
' Soon we'll be out of here. ' she encouraged him. Roberta was going to ask him if he knew where his house common room was. It was their first day in that castle. She knew where Gryffindor's common room was because she asked a good-looking fifth year guy but David might not had the chance to ask.

However, before she was going to begin her sentence, the door opened again. Roberta was expecting Briar, returning back, but a new girl appeared from the door. In Roberta's eyes flashed the Slytherin crest on the girl's robes and her expression stiffened.
The Slytherin seemed to recognize David and a smirk shaped on her face. She started making fun of him about being a Hufflepuff.
Roberta raised her eyebrow when the girl talked to her, saying that she was a pathetic Gryffindor. She couldn't tolerate such a behavior and instead from staying silent, making that girl lose interest in them, she spoke back.
' Close your mouth you snake. Carefully, you don't want to bite that tongue and poison yourself. ' she was already hating everyone who was in the Slytherin house, especially that girl that was so mean and cocky. Roberta guessed that she was probably feeling extremely superior to come to them and talk like that and she hated people that had such a wrong impression.
She didn't know how the slytherin girl would react after what she had said, so she slowly shoved her hand into her wand pocket.
At least to be ready to draw it rapidly if the girl was going to do a similar movement. She was so occupied, studying the movements of the slytherin, that she didn't realized that Briar sneaked back into the room, launching a couple of spells towards the rude girl. Roberta wished that Briar would have said the incantations louder, for Roberta to try them too. First day at school, she knew nothing but the illumination charm. And that didn't seem a good offensive spell at all. She knew a novice spell called knockback jinx but she never tried it herself. If she was threatened she would give it a go for sure.
She finally drew her wand, remaining silent, waiting for the right moment. She might not be able to use it yet but confidence ran into her veins from the moment she had it in her hands.​
<i>
</i>

OOCOut of Character:
Out of Character Comment
Sorry i havent been replying, been a busy few days. Just so you all know, ill most likely not be able to reply for a few days as I will be away until thursday. Sorry :(

David was confused and some-what bewildered by all that had happened in such a short space of time. The older girl briar had said she wasnt a prefect which covered david in a veil of relief (More for Roberta than himself as he'd hate to have been the cause of someone else getting in trouble) He listened and watched as briar gave him some berries and leaves which made him feel alot better. He felt some strength come back into his body and felt the pain subside a little.
David could see the look of admiration in Robertas eyes as Briar left to check if the tower was clear. She told david that she really liked briar and told him they would soon be out of this mess with an encouraging smile which david appreciated. David was a bit confused however as he had not yet had the chance to find out where Hufflepuff house was in the castle. Fear shot across his mind a the prospect of having to roam the corridors searching and possible meeting more slytherins.
The berries that briar had given david must have been quite strong as the next few moments moved in a bit of a blur for him. The door from the tower opened revealing a slytherin girl who proceeded to start making fun of David. This was making him feel as bad as before until Roberta shouted back at the slytherin, David felt admiration for her as he wasnt used to people standing up for him. He saw robertas hand go for her wand and suddenly there was a huge flash behind the slytherin girl that dazed both David and Roberta for a moment. The slytherin girl then droped to the floor and started roaring with laughter! David sat there frozen to the spot... "What the hell was that?"

OOCOut of Character:
sorry i havn't replied i was waiting for crystal to reply. generally you let the victim choose if they get hit but as crystal hasn't replied for a couple of days you can post the effect.

Tara saw heard roberta reply back to the slytherin, she girl had some guts to talk to the girl like that and briar respected her for that. however she saw that the yirl was watching her closly as she cast the spells. a moment later the crystal wobbled ant toppled over as her knees had been reversed, and then she started smiling slightly. "sorry about that but there is nothing long lasting, i will reverse the spell in a minute she told the girl truthfully on the floor, then she turned her attention to the first years. "now would be a good time to get going, I will escort you to your house where you will be safe. then we will go back to gryfindor tower, where if you want i will teach you a couple of self defensive spells of corse if david wanted to know the spells she would teach him in the morning but for now he would be better in his common room. "after you" she said gesturing to the door

Users who are viewing this thread

Back