Closed A New Side of Things

Isaiah shrugged lightly. "it's okay, the fact we can sit in silence is a good thing," he said, which was what they'd been saying about the quiet. if they managed to sit together somewhat silently and for it to not be uncomfortable, then that was a good thing. They were a good thing. "Tell me about the job?" he asked gently, before nodding. "We can do that, and I promise to not be messy," he added, thought with magic cleaning things up was always easier.

Avery chuckled and obliged, explaining the job to Isaiah as he charmed the kitchen to clean itself and pulled out some cheesecake for dessert. With two plates in hand he motioned for Isaiah to grab some wine, before moving out and settling in with the man on the couch. They were still surrounded with rose petals and candlelight, so the mood was still there. He smiled easily at the man.

"So," He started. "I hope you liked dinner and all," He gave a shy smile. "It might be the last time I can host for a little while, though. Our lease here is up next week and we need to move out. Not sure where my roommate is going, but personally, I think I've found this place..." He took a forkful of his cheesecake and offered it out to Isaiah.

"It's this really gorgeous piece of land, but the house is... well, falling apart." He laughed lightly. "It's going to be a little project of mine, I want to try my hand at flipping it. Or I might keep it, we'll see. But I'll live there while I fix it up. I'm going to try to do it with my own hands- a bit of magic to make things simpler, of course, but I want to put it together myself, you know?" He tried to explain.

Isaiah listened along and then grabbed his wine to move to the sofa when Avery guided them to. He was pretty happy with how the night had gone. It had been good. "Oh that's okay, I can host us next time," he was quick to add, but listened along to this place that he had managed to find. "I might not be a good interior decorator but, if you need a hand with this place, to paint, or to build things, just give me a shout. I'd love to help out, give you another pair of hands to work with."

Avery smiled softly. "Careful, I might take you up on that," He teased, winking playfully. "You'll be under my limited magic rule too," He sipped on his wine. "I know it's not the most conveinent way to do things, but I think it will make for a good project, and it'll be more satisfying to build it back up with our hands." He tried to explain, smiling impishly.

Isaiah gave a little laugh, though he would respect the rule, he didn't much agree. "I mean, I get it," he said. "I just remember being a kid and having to do things by hand, which are now so much easier as an adult, so I get your point and I can do it, it's just generally not for me," Isaiah said with a fond smile, taking another sip of his wine. "I enjoy magic, and how it works a lot. Probably why I'm in the department of mysteries,"

Avery chuckled. "Well, we do have to differ in some places," He winked. "But it works well this way. You can remind me of the wonders of magic from time to time and I'll remind you of the satisfaction of working with your hands," He offered easily.

Isaiah laughed lightly. "Oh no, we should be the same," he joked with him, but nodded at what he said, "Deal," he agreed easily, he knew it would be nice and fun to share that with him. He just knew it would be fun either way. He finished his wine and leaned back a little. "You're beautiful," he complimented after a moment.

Avery chuckled, finishing his own wine before shifting to try and lean into Isaiah. "And you're gorgeous," He countered, his hand searching for the mans. "Do you want to stay the night?" He asked softly. "It... might sound silly, but... I don't want to be away from you just yet." He offered shyly, looking away and hiding behind his hair.

Isaiah smiled at the return of the compliment before nodding. "I would love to spend the night," he assured him with a wide smile and a little internal agreement that he didn't really want to be away from him yet either. "I can treat you to breakfast tomorrow,"

Avery smiled, stretching and standing up. He offered his hand out to Isaiah. "Why don't we go get ready for bed then?" He offered with an easy smile. "I would love some waffles tomorrow- with some fresh strawberries and whipped cream on top, with some strawberry jam," He hummed, already hungry for breakfast at even the thought of it.

Isaiah took Avery's offered hand and let them man pull him up. "let's," he agreed and the breakfast items he was asking for were not that hard at all. They would be easy enough for him to put together. "I promise you the best waffles ever," he said very boldly.

Avery laughed, keeping close to Isaiah. He couldn't help but smile at the man. "Promises, promises. Breakfast in bed like lazy kings and if they aren't heavenly I shall die," He offered up a bit dramatically, but he smiled easily anyway. This was all new to him, but he couldn't help but feel a little hopeful with Isaiahs hand around his. Maybe this could work- maybe he could figure out how to live again, in spite of everything. He shifted in closer, leaning his head on Isaiah's shoulder and shutting his eyes. Yeah, this could go really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back