OOC First Name
Maria
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 14 Inch Sturdy Maple Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Marley couldn't believe that she was now adopted. She never thought that this day would come. But that day did come, and she was super excited. They had both finished having dinner somewhere and were on their way home. Apparently, they weren't in America anymore, but in a small country called New Zealand. Though, she thought that she was living in a beautiful area. Everywhere they went, Marley had so many questions. So many things she hadn't really seen before and she had hoped that maybe she would get to see them once again when she was out and about.

It wasn't long before they arrived at Killian's place. No, their place. This was Marley's new home and she was super duper excited. They had stood outside of the two-story seaside home. A nice garden at the front and a beautiful cobblestone pathway that leads you to the inside of the house. Marley's mouth was open slightly wide, surprised with how big the house was - Though it was bigger in her view as she was quite small herself. "It's a beautiful house mister. Killian!" Marley says happily, as she clapped her hands together while looking between her newly adoptive father and the house.

Killian... well, Killian was nervous. He hadn't had a child in the home for a very long time. And the last time he had attempted this alone, it hadn't turned out very well. But Marley... well, Marley was special. She was just a little girl, a little girl that had been alone. He couldn't just leave her, could he? He had taken her for dinner, not able to eat much himself, before taking her back home again. Or rather, for the first time.

He carried her luggage as the walked up to the house. He smiled softly as she complimented the house. "Thank you. I like it here. It's peaceful." He offered out his hand and walked her to the door. "Would you like a tour of the house first?" He asked her. "Or would you like to go right to your room and explore the house later?" He looked down at her and smiled warmly.

Marley sent Killian a toothy grin. She was excited about the new home that she was going to live in and couldn't wait to explore the place or the places around her home. She took the older man's hand as he offered his hand to her. Marley thought for a moment as she was thinking of what she wanted to do, as she tapped her chin a couple of times, showing that she was thinking. "Hmm... Exploring and the tour of the house sounds fun!" Marley says with a giggle. She thought that a tour of the house would be the best option as she wanted to know where everything was, and she wasn't completely lost.

-godmod approved-

Killian smiled at her words. He took his key from his pocket and unlocked his door, stepping inside and setting her bags in the foyer. They could come back for them later. "Alright then, come on," he offered his hand out for her to hold before immediately pulling it back. "Actually, do you want to ride on my shoulders?" He asked, picking her up as she agreed and walking them through the house, occasionally ducking to get into rooms. The living room, the kitchen, the dining room. The house was spacious and open, with either plush carpeting or beautiful hardwood in the kitchen and dining room. He led her upstairs, showing her his bedroom and the spare bedroom, and the single large bathroom. He then led her to the last door on the hall, opening it to a small set of stairs and smiling.

"There's only one room left. It's almost like an observatory. Come on," he winked, leading her upstairs. "I have a wizard for a brother in law," he winked. "We already set up your bedroom. Come on." He led her upstairs, opening the door. The ceiling was domed, all glass. He had put in a dark oak canopy bed with purple bedding, almost a dozen pillows. There was a matching dresser not too far from it. There was an overflowing toy box, a bookshelf full of books, a desk in the corner with a lamp and a comfortable chair. The carpeting was plush, a deep cream color. "I thought that you might like this room best," he told the girl.

Last edited:
Marley watched as Killian opened the door and they had made their way inside. Even if she had only just got inside the house, she had a feeling that the house was going to be beautiful and amazing. Marley nodded excitedly as he had asked her if she wanted to ride on his shoulders. Once placed on his shoulder, she lightly tapped his head as a thank you, before he had started the tour. She let out a few "Ooo's" and "ah's" as she was shown each room. She giggled each time he had ducked when he ducked underneath each doorway. During the tour, she was also trying to memorise where everything was. She was excited and really happy to be living in a beautiful house.

Killian was then guiding her to the last room of the tour. As he had opened the door, there were stairs that led up to the room, and she had begun being curious about what was up there. He had mentioned that he had a wizard brother in law, and Marley was now curious if Killian had any other family members and if she was ever gonna meet them. The young girl gasped as he had told her that they had her room set up and once they had reached the top of the stairs of her bedroom, she had gasped once again, loving the domed shaped glass ceiling of her room. "It's so magical and pretty," Marley says quietly, amazed that this was actually her room. She didn't really know what she did to deserve all this. "Thank you"

-godmods approved-

Killian smiled, walking over to the bed and shifting to set Marley down. "I'm going to go get your bags, sweetness, I'll be back up soon. Why don't you look around a bit? You can move things around the way you like," He reached down and brushed her hair back behind her ear, booping her nose before turning and walking out. He grabbed a few scrapbooks on the way, and returned up to the room several moments later with her bags. He knocked before going in. "Hey, sweetness. I have your things." He told her, setting her things on the floor. "I brought up some scrapbooks, would you like to go through them? I thought maybe I could show you the rest of the family," He explained, almost shyly.

Marley smiles as he places her down on the bed. She nods when he tells her that he was going to go out to get her stuff. Once he leaves the room to gather her things, she looks around the room and giggles to herself. She can't believe that she is now living in a beautiful home. She couldn't believe that she had finally left the orphanage. She never thought that day would come. Marley then plops down onto the bed, positioning her body like a starfish. She was excited. She sat up quickly when Killian had arrived back and smiled. She nods excitedly when he asks if she wanted to look through the scrapbook and meeting the rest of the family. "Yes! That sounds like fun!" Marley says with excitement as she giggles a little.

Killian smiled, sitting down next to her and opening up the scrapbook. "This is my grandfather, Charles." He began, flipping through a few pictures. "His wife died long before I was born, and he never remarried. He had one son, Elijah. Elijah was my father. He married Talia." He flipped through a few of the pages, showing her family pictures. His father and grandfather, his parents dating, their wedding. He moved on to baby pictures then. "I was born a twin myself. My sister is Kameron. Kami." He chuckled.

"Kami is married to Avarian, a wizard. Avarian has a twin sister, Evelyn. Evelyn is married to Corbin, and they have three children. Lillian, Ren, and Rosalind. Ren is graduating this year and Rose is in sixth year." He explained to her. "Avarian has two daughters from previous relationships. Avaria is his eldest, and she just had twin babies herself. Nico and Aurora. Emily is graduating this year herself."

Killian shifted in the bed beside her. "Kami and Ian have had several children. Their eldest is Arthurian. Arthur. He's in sixth year as well. They have twin boys, Kyon and Avery, that are eight. They also just had a baby girl, Calliope." He explained to her. "I have another sister, Karissa. Kari is six years younger than I am. She married a Professor, though he retired to move to Egypt with her. Karissa is pregnant with a little boy, Cairo, though they have a daughter already named Ada. Mitch, her husband, is also taking care of a boy named Apollo, though I don't quite remember how they're related." He chuckled lightly.

Marley listens and watches carefully as Killian explains his family tree. All Marley could think about was that there were a lot of names and family members, trying to keep up with who was who. At first, it was a bit confusing, but somehow Marley eventually got the whole gist of everything. As Killian had finished speaking, the girl looked up at Killian. "That's a lot of people," Marley says with wide doe eyes. "What are your parents and sisters like? Will I ever get to meet them?" Marley says shyly, with a small smile. She had hoped that she would get to meet the other family members. But she didn't want to pressure it too much. She was excited.

Killian chuckled. He knew his family had grown a lot. "Actually, darling... my parents are gone. They went missing on an expedition, when I was a kid." He told her. "My grandfather raised us after that." He explained. "It will be a bit longer before you meet Kari, as she's out of the country and she can't travel while she's pregnant. But Kami is very eager to meet you. I can take you to her house next week, let you meet her and a few of the children." He offered, unthinkingly reaching up to run his fingers through Marley's hair.

Marley's smile slowly dropped a little, feeling a bit guilty for bringing up his parents. "Oh I'm sorry," Marley says guiltily. Even though she didn't know that they had passed, she still had felt bad for bringing it up. She didn't want to make the man sad or anything. Marley nods when Killian explains about one of his sisters. She wondered what it was like to travel. The girl hadn't really been out anywhere that was further out from the orphanage. Marley had gotten a little nervous when he had mentioned arranging a meet up with one of his sisters, but it was also exciting. "Do you think they'll like me?" Marley asks nervously, as she fiddled with her hands. She didn't want anyone to dislike her or anything. She giggled a little as Killian runs his fingers through Marley's hair. "That tickles," Marley says, as she continues to giggle.

Killian smiled and shook his head. "Oh, its quite alright. Grandfather passed on years ago now, and I was just a boy when my parents went missing. I think I've had enough time to adjust," He gave her a playful wink. He paused as she giggled, taking his hand back and blushing. "Oh, er- I'm sorry," He smiled shyly. "And my sisters will love you. So will your new cousins. My family is a very loving one. You're one of us now, sweetness." He promised her.

Marley nodded as Killian had explained about his grandfather and that he was fine. Even if he reassured her that it was fine, she had still felt bad. She giggled and smiled at the man. "No, you're okay! You can keep doing that if you want. It just tickles" Marley says with a giggle. Even if it tickled a little, it had somewhat felt nice. "I hope so," Marley says with a small shy smile. She had hoped that they would like her. "I'm excited I have cousins," Marley says with a smile and giggle. She hadn't really had cousins of her own until now. Nor did she have any siblings of her own. The young girl thought it would be fun! It may be something she'd just have to adjust to, but she was excited to meet all of these new people.

Killian smiled gently, moving to resume running his fingers through her hair. "Do you like it when I do?" He asked, curious. They had a lot to learn about each other. He chuckled at her words. "I'm glad you're excited, sweetie. I know they were excited when I called and told them I was bringing you home." He told her. "They've invited us to dinner next week." He informed her. "They wanted us over tomorrow, but I thought you could use some time to adjust to being with me first." He smiled.

Marley nodded shyly, as she responded to Killian's question about touching her hair. She didn't mind affection like hugging or whatnot. She nodded when he had mentioned that they were invited for dinner next week. "Really? Cool!" Marley says with a giggle. She was glad that it was next week and not tomorrow. She was a wee bit nervous, and she thought it would be a wee bit early to meet mostly everyone, as she was going to be a bit overwhelmed with everyone. Plus, she was happy to spend some quality time with Killian.

Killian chuckled. "Tell you what. Let's just relax tonight and settle in?" He offered. "I can make some snacks, and we can curl up on the couch, cuddle and watch a movie?" He shifted, looking down to her with a shy smile. "I picked up some new childrens movies," He told her. "I found a few that I thought you might like."

Marley nods excitedly. "That sounds like fun!" Marley says with a giggle as she clapped excitedly. She was happy about her new home. She was glad that she was actually in a family, even though she hadn't met most of them. She was glad that she had met her newly adopted father. She was happy here. Marley looked up at Killian, confusion written all over her face, her brown orbs of chocolate, looking up at him. "What's a movie?" Marley asks curiously. It had sounded familiar to her, but she didn't really understand what it was.

Killian smiled and nodded before standing. He'd go make some popcorn. He paused at her question, considering how to answer it. "Oh, well. A movie is like... A story you can watch. Like a moving picture book." He tried to explain.

Marley's eyes widened with interest as Killian had explained what a movie was. A movie did sound interesting. She nodded with confirmation that she would like to watch a movie and relax. "That sounds fun!" Marley says with a smile. She was interested in what this "movie" was. She knew that now she was living with Killian, that she was going to learn so many things, especially with the muggle world.

Killian smiled, nodding. "I hope so. I'm going to go make some snacks, take a little bit to settle in and I'll call you when it's time to start," he told her, reaching down to brush her hair back before turning and walking downstairs. He probably went a bit far getting everything ready; he made popcorn, pulled out a few soda pops, gathered a large amount of pillows and blankets, and generally just made the living room very cushy and welcoming. He put the movie in, paused it, and moved to the bottom of the stairs to call for Marley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back