A New Friend

Penelope Reynolds

Penelope was totally and utterly bored out of her mind. Her brother was off with one of his other friends, and her parents didn't really say where they were. Currently, she was laying on a park bench and tossing a worn and tattered rugby ball up and down, catching it every time. Deep in her thoughts, she threw it up again. However, it didn't land in her palm like the previous times.
It had hit a boy, not too far away, in the head. Not hard enough to hurt him of course. She scrambled onto her feet and ran over, apologizing profusely and picking up the ball. "Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry!" She managed to speak out, over and over.

Ryan was sitting on the bench in the park he had his eyes closed and he was thinking he was brought back to his senses when something hit his head he opened his eyes and saw a rugby ball by his feet he looked around for the owner wondering why they had hit him when he saw a girl running over saying sorry "Oh its okay you did it by accident"Ryan said giving her the ball "My names Ryan by the way"he said putting out his hand

She smiled and shook his hand, "Hi... I'm Penelope. You can call me Penny if you want though." Even if he said it was okay, she still felt horribly guilty about hitting him, "Are you sure it's okay? I mean I know it was an accident but I still hit you so..." The girl rubbed the back of her head awkwardly, "...Yeah I'm still really, really sorry."

"nice to meet you Penny"he said he liked that name "Really I'm fine its not like you meant to"Ryan said reassuring her "Do you want to sit?"he asked wanting to start a conversation Penny seemed nice so he thought she would make a good friend

"Sure!" She grinned and sat beside him. Her outgoing side was now subtly creeping out. She paused and looked at him for a while, "So Ryan, are you going to Hogwarts this year?" Penny cleared her throat, "That is if you don't mind my asking."

"Oh yeah I am I can't wait"he said grinning he was glad because he would have friends going in to Hogwarts maybe moving here wasn't such a bad idea "Are you excited about going"he asked

She grinned, "Wonderful! And of course I'm excited... I'm just a bit nervous. But I have my twin to help me along." Penny smiled at him, "Do you know anyone from around here?"

"You have a twin"He asked "I have one too her name is Star"Ryan said it was unusual to meet someone who also has a twin "Well I know Danielle, Fiannan ,Andy,Hazel and Addisyn"Ryan said he had made quite a number of friends since he arrived here !What about you?"He asked

"Oh? Really? It's nice to meet someone else with a twin!" She smiled sheepishly, almost embarrassed when he listed all those he knew, "W-Wow... I really only know a couple of people.... But I know some second years already there."

"I know ya I have two elder sisters who are twins"Ryan said smiling when he saw Penny's face when he said the friends he had made "Well its useful to know people inside"Ryan said not wanting her to feel embarressed that he had made so many friends he had just bumped into all the people he had meet he had just been lucky "I was just lucky"Ryan said "I know what you mean my two sisters are in first year....... but its better to know second years"Ryan said hastily wishing he hadn't said his two sisters were there "So are you looking forward to going there"He asked wanting to change the subject

"I suppose... It's a new adventure!" She grinned with curiosity. Her mind raced with all of the possibilities of the following year, whether it be the classes or new people to meet. "I'm nervous about classes though." She flushed with embarrassment, "I mean I can handle it and all... But I just want to do well..."

"I know what you mean"Ryan said sighing he was quite nervous about the classes after all he was a muggle-born he knew nothing about magic "What house do you hope to be sorted into"H asked he didn't really know himself but he knew he didn't want to be in Slytherin

"Well... My older brother was in Slytherin... I don't want to end up there though, I'm not a very ambitious person... I'm not very smart either, so maybe Hufflepuff or Gryffindor." Penny smiled at the other boy. "And you? No offence if you wanted to be in Slytherin..."

"Don't worry i don't intend to b in Slytherin the slagging I would get off my sisters would be unbelieveable "Ryan said smiling "No I think I will be in Gryffindor or Hufflepuff"Ryan said it would be nice to be in the same house as his sister Kate"Okay how about we ask more basic questions like where are you from ,heritage etc etc"Ryan said he didn't really mind what she said

Penny nodded, smiling softly. "Okay... What's your heritage? I'm Irish and Australian. What do you like to do for fun? I myself am a quidditch and sports in general addict... But I play base." She paused for a bit, "And then... Hm. What's your favorite color? I like green."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back