A new Friend

Laura Bridge

It was a beautiful day when Laura came to the Lakefront, carrying a History of Magic book. She sat down and started reading the book she brought. She read it in about thirty minutes. Suddenly, she noticed that she forgotten to wear her watch, she have many things to do. Just then she saw a girl with a blonde hair, wearing a watch, then she asked the girl, "Excuse me, may I know, what time is it? I'd forgotten my watch."

Sam was sitting alone in her dorm room when she decided that maybe it was a good time to go out on a beautiful day like this. Sam was still new to Hogwarts so she decided to explore the school. She got out of her room and strolled along the castle. She reached a lot of places, take The Library for instance and saw new faces even familiar ones too. She saw a boy and a girl sitting on one of tables talking to each other, Sam quite remembered their faces but she can't figure who they were. The boy was tall and young and has a light brown hair while the girl was also tall and young but she has a long curly blonde hair. The boy caught Sam staring at them and he quickly whispered something to girl at his side so Sam quickly walked away the Library. She walked and walked until she reached the Lakefront. Sam got tired of walking so she thought maybe it was a good idea to rest for awhile. Later on, a girl asked Sam if what time is it since the girl forgot her watch. "It's 10:42 in the morning". Sam replied with a smile.

After the girl replied, Laura was relieved. "Oh, thank goodness!" she sighed, "2 hours before I'm late. Thanks." she told to the girl, then the girl smiled as a sign of 'You're welcome'. The book she was carrying was a bit heavy so she put it on the grassy meadow she was standing, then she asked, "May I join with you? I'm all alone today." the girl nodded. "Thanks." Laura smiled. While she was about to sit beside the girl, the cold wind swept in through the meadow while the lake stayed quiet. Laura was too shy to introduce herself to the girl but she tried to take off her shyness and tried to be friendly. "By the way, I'm Laura." she introduced herself, showing her right hand waiting for the girl to shake it.

"Sure, that would be fine with me" Sam courteously replied. Sam was happy about this girl. She 's poised, pretty and nice. She knew right away that they are gonna be close friends. Sam likes making friends a lot. At first, people would think she's a shy kinda sensitive type of person but once people get to know her, they can't shut her up. When the girl sat beside Sam, she quickly let out a friendly grin on her face. "Laura, huh? Pretty name. I'm Sam, short for Samantha" Sam responded, taking Laura's hand and shaking it. "So, you're a first year right?" Sam asked, wondering if they were in the same year.

Laura found a new friend. The girl seemed to be friendly and Laura likes that. Of course, everybody likes to meet a friendly person, who wouldn't? After the girl replied that it is fine for her if Laura wants to sit beside her, the girl introduced herself after Laura introduced herself. Sam is her name, short for Samantha and seemed she like Laura's name. "Thank you. Yours too." Laura replied, smiling sweetly. She smiled again when Sam respond to take Laura's hand to shake. Laura was not feeling shy anymore that day. Like she think, the girl seemed friendly, so why she should be shy?

Suddenly the girl asked Laura if she's a first year. "Nope. I'm already second year." Laura replied, "What about you?" she asked.

Making friends is as easy as pie. That is what Sam always tells her best friends. She has lots of friends. She hadn't had a single fight with them. Her best friends are another part of the story, of course. They always fight. Well, not literally always, but something like that. Sam let out a friendly grin when Laura complimented her name. Sam really likes compliments. It boosts her confidence in herself. Sam repeated the same act when Laura smiled again when Sam responded to shake her hand. This girl is interesting, Sam thought. Feeling the warm breeze that passed through Sams hair, Sam let out a peaceful smile. She likes nature very much. And when Laura replied to Sam's question, Sam friendly gaze turned into a shocked one. "You're already a second year?" Sam asked, not caring if she sounded mean, but after a few seconds of silence, she quickly added, "I don't mean to be mean but are you really a second year?", Sam remarked. "I'm still a freshman". Sam, then added.

Lakefront, Laura gets friends everytime she go there, everytime she feel bored when she's studying alone in that place. Samantha was a nice friend and Laura likes her qualities already when they started introducing each other. It was a bit windy that day, when Laura felt the warm breeze as well as Samantha. Samantha asked her if Laura was really a second year and Laura nodded. Laura didn't notice that Samantha was a bit mean she just noticed that she's just asking. Laura nodded again when Samantha asked the question again. "So you're still freshman, what subject do you like most?" Laura asked, asking about some school stuffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back