A New Friend???

Anna Summers

OOC First Name
Baylee
Anna took a seat on a bench then pulled out The Princess Bride and began reading. It had been a boring, long day for her and she figured reading couldn't make it any worse. There were tons of bright portraits to distract Anna but they seemed as dull as the day. Every once in while Anna looked up to find older students towering over her, blocking her light. She ignored them, I have no time for them. Anna would turn back to her book and end up reading the same line over-and-over again, which irritated her. Anna could barely hold back that "I-Must-Yell" feeling building up inside her. What could make this day any worse! Anna screamed to herself. Tears were forming at her eyes and a few dropped onto the pages of her favorite book.

Hamza was walking along on 2nd floor corridor, he looked on his right and saw something small moving very quickly. Hamza being a curious one, he started to follow to where the small thing was to and ended up in front of some girl. He saw a young girl, by the looks of her robe was from Ravenclaw, just sitting there reading a book and weeping a little bit. Hamza had a habit of helping those who were always in a sad mood, to cheer them up, and did whatever it took. Hamza fixed his hair, straightened his pants and his shirt, then headed towards the girl. "Hey, seems like you maybe having an awful day." said Hamza looking at the girl while standing. "Do you mind if I sit next to you?" said Hamza with a smile.

Anna wiped her eyes quickly when she heard a boy talking to her directly. She bit her lip, as always, and looked up at him. "Uh... No... I'm fine...". Anna lied. "Ummm ya... I don't care..." Anna hoped she wasn't too read in the face.

Hamza could easily tell that the girl wasn't having a good time at Hogwarts so far and many people have hurt her and that's where Hamza comes in to the rescue. He saw the girl looking up, biting her lip and the saying that no, she was fine, which was an obvious lie to Hamza since he could sense to disturbance around her. "Look, you don't have to lie to me." said Hamza with a smile. "So, what seems to be the problem here?" said Hamza. He noticed that she was reading a book. Hamza moved closer to look at what she was reading, "What are you reading there?" said Hamza with a smile. Hamza wanted to comfort the girl since she was crying earlier after all.

Anna was embarressed that he could tell she was lying. She blushed and apoligized, "I'm sorry... Really I'm just frustrated... And I miss my family." Anna looked down at her book, somehow forgetting what she was reading although it was almost all she ever read. "Just The Princess Bride. It's the only book I own, so I've read it about 50 times," Anna shrugged, smiling a bit. It was a little embarressing to think she had memerized almost the entire book.

Hamza could feel how Anna was feeling right now. When Hamza first came to Hogwarts, he felt lonely and frustrated as well, but when he met new people, made friends and what not, it made it that much easier for him to adapt. "Hey, no worries, I understand where your coming from. I use to be in your position not too long ago." said Hamza with a smile. Hamza reached up to the girl's face and wiped out a tear that was left on her face. "There, looks all better now" said Hamza. Hamza then heard from the girl on what book she was reading and said, "That's pretty cool. How about this. Maybe sometime soon we can go to Bridgestone Village and I'll buy you some new books or something?" said Hamza with a smile. "Oh, where are my manners. My name is Hamza Khalid." said Hamza.

Anna was glad the boy could understand her. She smiled when he wiped a tear off her face. "Oh really you don't need to do that... This book is good," Anna wasn't sure if she was being completely truthful. She hadn't actually ever been in Brightstone Village but she just couldn't allow him to buy books for her. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Hamza. I'm Anna, Anna Summers." Anna felt horrible for not introducing herself sooner.

"No, I insist, it's fine, I can buy you a couple of new books, I've got plenty of money. Maybe I can take you on a shopping spree or something." said Hamza while laughing. "It's a pleasure to meet you Anna." said Hamza with a smile. Hamza was beginning to feel more and more comfortable around Anna. "So Anna, what are you up to these days?" said Hamza.

Anna hesitated then said, "I don't know..." Anna assumed she wouldn't win it. She never did, "Ok... Just one or two books." She answered, "Well reading is all I really ever do..." Anna bit her lip. Hamza was sweet to come and talk to her. People normally didn't do that.

Hamza noticed as Anna was hesitating in accepting his offer, after all, a book was a person's best friend, which is one of the main reason's why he offered to buy her books. "Alright, one or two books of your choice. If you want, you can take more than that if you wish." said Hamza with a smile. Hamza noticed Anna saying that reading is the only thing she really did, which gave Hamza an alert that she may not have had many friends. "Reading is the only thing you do? Well, don't have hang out with anyone?" said Hamza giving a concerned look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back