A new friend to add to the group

Derrik Agile

OOC First Name
Luis
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Hair from the Tail of a Male Unicorn
Derrik was sick of being inside and wanted to get out. Summer still wasn't the greatest season for Derrik but still it was sort of better than staying inside a stuffy castle. It was actually quiet nice. A few clouds rolled on by which gave the castle grounds some nice shade. A pleasant breeze flew threw Derrik's hair. It some how made him think of Tala. "Where is that boy? He's around for me to torture him and the net minute he's gone. Ugh I swear when I get a hold of him again, I'll make him beg for mercy." With not much left in mind Derrik walked up to the lake front. It was possible for it to be a tad cooler here than anywhere else.

Robbie walked out of the castle, glancing around nervously as he did. He had seen some bad things happening around the castle, and he had heard whispers about them. He didn't like them, at all, and they were only reinforcing his shy attitude. He hated it when people resorted to violence, and he would probably cry if somebody so much as raised a wand at him in a negative way. Robbie didn't like being the person he was, sometimes, because it meant that people picked on him, and he absolutely hated it when people picked on him. He sighed, and started across towards the lake.

Robbie had heard stories about the giant squid, and had wanted to stay away from here since he had come to Hogwarts, but he knew better now. People picked on him because he was gullible, and easily susceptible. He sighed, and glanced around. He didn't know if everyone out here would want to talk to him, and quite frankly, he was far too scared to talk to anybody out here who wasn't a Hufflepuff, and even then, he didn't talk to many people who were in a higher year then him. It scared him quite a lot, the concept of meeting a new friend, and he loved having friends.

Robbie sighed, and wandered over to the lake itself. Now that he knew there was no giant squid in there, that was threatening to eat his brains, and grind his bones, he was able to not be.. as scared as he approached it. Robbie had nearly drowned when he was younger then he was now, and he couldn't stand being too close to large bodies of water anymore, and he dreaded the thought of it. He just couldn't bring himself to get any closer. He turned, and saw an older Hufflepuff, and nearly dived into the lake to get away from him. "Uh.. uhm.. erm.. H.. Hello." Robbie stuttered.

Derrik couldn't help but almost laugh as he saw this boy almost literally dive into the water. "Don't hurt yourself. Sorry if I frightened you and hello." Derrik said with a pleasing smile. Derrik hadn't been talking to many of his fellow Hufflepuff members but he figured that some point in time before he graduated would be a good time. He had noticed this boy around the dorms a few times but he seemed to keep his distance at all times. Derrik guess that he wasn't much of the social type of kid.

"I'm Derrik. You must be a Hufflepuff. I've seen you around the dorms a few times." Derrik was slightly interested in his boy. Of course he thought he was a tad cute but Derrik was taken. Besides he knew better than that. He wouldn't Tala unless something big got in the way of their relationship. A cloud decided to roll by once again. "Ah yes...some shade for a while." he thought to himself. Derrik hoped that maybe this new Hufflepuff boy could lighten up the day a bit.

Robbie looked up as he talked to him, not sure why he was talking to him so casually. Robbie had never met this guy in his life, and he didn't even know what could make him want to talk to him so casually. He didn't know whether or not he wanted to say anything back, he found the man kind of intimidating. Robbie sighed, and turned to look around at everyone else. There was nobody else he knew around here, and this guy might try and hurt him if he tried to run away. Robbie didn't know what was worse, this guy trying to hurt him, or being swallowed up by the lake.

Robbie sighed, and turned to look at the man, giving up on any thoughts on running away, and just deciding to talk to him. "Y.. you didn't scare me." Robbie stuttered, completely throwing off any belief of that argument. "I'm Robbie." He said, a little more braver, but not much at all. Well, at least he had been able to get out a sentence this time. He turned back to him, and took him in. Yes, he had seen him around the common room himself, and he had wondered who he was from time to time. "Y.. y.. yes, I'm a H.. h.. Hufflepuff." He said, starting to get nervous again.

Derrik could see that the boy was trying hard to talk back but of course he could see that the boy was very nervous about something. Derrik figured he would try his best to make him feel more relaxed. It seemed as though the boy wanted to just disappear or rather just dropped dead rather than talk to Derrik. He hoped that he didn't impose fear on the boy. That was the last thing that would be on Derrik's personality list; he was a nice guy. He'd never hurt a fly...that is unless he had to. This conversation was somewhat of a good start. It would probably take more time to get anything out of him but Derrik was fine with the a steady pace.

"What year are you? That is if you don't mind me asking." Small talk was the best way to go. Derrik was the same way when we first started out at Hogwarts. It took some getting used to but the adjustments were worth it.

Robbie looked at him, still not wanting to meet his eyes. He had no idea why this person was being so nice to him, and that was only making him more suspicious. He had been deceived in the past, by people pretending to want to be his friend, and he wasn't going to let that happen again. Though, he was far too scared of his person to want to run away from him. For all Robbie knew, he might try and hex him into the wall when he ran away, and he definitely didn't want that to happen. Though, Robbie didn't exactly want to have to stay and talk to this man for much longer.

He sighed, and turned back to look at him again. "I.. I.. I'm a s.. s.. second y.. y.. year." Robbie said, really not wanting to deny him anything, he valued being able to walk far too much. Robbie sighed, again, and turned to glance around. He wondered if this man; Derrik, had anybody around with him, who would be looking out to hurt Robbie. He didn't want to take the chance of that. He turned to look back at Derrik, and sized him up. He had to be at least a Fifth Year, which made Robbie a really easy target for him. He gulped, and started backing away against his own will.

"Hm...a second year" Derrik thought to himself. Robbie seems like an okay kid its just he's extremely shy. Derrik was getting the feeling that Robbie had been through something he didn't want to go through again and that Derrik was triggering it. "Damn it...I hope I'm not intimidating.." Derrik watched as Robbie was almost ready to split. He looked as his if he ran at the sound of a gun shot, Robbie would be the the first to win the race.
"Um...Robbie please...don't go. I know I'm a fifth year but believe me I'm nice in general trust me. I've got no one with me. Matter of fact majority of my friends are with theirs so as of now I'm alone and I don't any one to talk to. " Derrik was going for a long shot. He sounded as if he was desperate and that's not what he wanted. Guess you can't help fix what's already been said.

Robbie listened to him talk, and couldn't believe he was actually trying to make friends with him, and even maybe help him to stop being the way he was. He knew better than anyone that it would be a really long and drawn out process to make him not feel shy, because he had been trying to do it for years. He hated being a social outcast, and he hated not being able to change that status. He was the kind of person that didn't like being left alone if he could help it, but otherwise he couldn't do anything for it because of his shyness. He sighed, and looked around the very open area.

Robbie turned to look back at him, and sighed. "I.. i.. If you're trying to h..help me.. it.. won't.. w.. w.. work." He managed to stutter out slowly. He knew that this man probably wouldn't listen, but he had to try. He didn't want this man to be wasting his time, and he couldn't let it happen here.

Derrik could see that Robbie didn't want to linger around anymore. "Guess it would be hard to help..." he thought to himself. Derrik kept a close eye but looked out into the open. Robbie told Derrik to not even bother. It would be a waste of both of their times. It was sort of a slap in the face but maybe Robbie was right. Tala was still Derrik's but with studies going around again, they seemed to turn into ghosts. Derrik just needed someone new to talk to.

"Hm...I see." Derrik continued to speak and look out into the distance. "I take your word and I'm not trying to start a fight but...why wouldn't it work?" Derrik was trying to come out as gentle as possible. He had no intentions of hurting Robbie at all. It was just in Derrik's nature to help someone out. It was the good gene that he picked up from mom.

But a thought came about. "Actually...never mind. I'm not mad but I take your word. You may leave if you wish and don't worry. I won't do anything while you're walking away I promise." Derrik looked at Robbie, crossed his heart, got up closer towards the lake, sat on a nearby rock surrounded by water and huddled into a ball. He looked straight ahead as if he was just waiting for something to appear. "Well...it was nice meeting you Robbie...guess I'll cya around." Derrik waved without even looking. Too much seemed to creep up on Derrik's mind. "Where is that blasted voice when you need him?..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back