A new beginning..

Jasper Rockwood

Once again, Jasper Rockwood found himself unable to sleep. This was becoming more and more common as of late and it was beginning to bother him. Walking through the city offered some relief from the more troubling thoughts in his head, so that is what he had taken to in place of sleep.

There wasn't much to do out there this late at night (for it was a quarter til one), but walking in a place away from the school he was soon going to transfer to was kind of calming. Jasper could never remain calm while sitting in one place. It was a problem that he had since childhood, he could never just sit still.

Even when he was out walking around, Jasper's mind bounced back and forth from subject to subject. He couldn't stop thinking, which is what led to his sleeplessness. He began to make his way back in the direction from which he came. He stopped at a bench and sat down. His feet were hurting from the walk and he needed to rest for a moment before making the long walk back home.

Kasey was having the time of her life with her friends and family. It was as if a wand had been waved and all the sadness and loneliness from her life had evaporated. It was new year's eve and thus the Carla and the Hollawath family had planned a dinner in Madam Pudifoots. Plans had it that they would be hanging around the place till two.After dinner with Ben, Jon, Jay, Maddiie the kids and parents went separate ways.

Lila and Roswalld mentioned something about a party with Ministry members and thus the kids were left to enjoy themselves. It was nice the way Jon, Jay and Maddiie had mingled with Ben and her to make best friends. They had been dancing in a near by wizarding club for the past hour and celebrated their new year getting themselves drunk with the butterbeer. At least the girls had just butterbeer, she didn't know what the guys kept drinking.

Everyone was pretty much tired now so they decided to walk out in the cool air for a while. They were going to the park when Kasey twisted her ankle. "You guys carry on, I'll catch up in a few" she told the lot as she walked to sit on a near by bench.
"Ouch..." she said as she sat. Noticing another resident of the bench she said "Oh! I didn't notice that it was taken..." she said apologizing to the guy. This was when she noticed that the guy was Jasper.

Not knowing how to react due to what had happened between them on the Yule ball night, she gave him a hug and wished him "Happy New Year"

It had been nearly a year since Jasper's father had passed away. Just another police casualty during a shootout. It had been all over the muggle news numerous times; especially since the perpetrator was still at large. Perhaps that was why he was constantly tossing and turning at night. There had been no retribution for the death of his father, and the man that killed him was walking free somewhere.

A shiver ran through his body, usually he enjoyed the cold, but for some reason, tonight seemed much colder than usual. He watched some students around his age walk through the park aimlessly causing Jasper's brow to furrow. How late was it? What was someone doing out on a night like this? Some unsavory characters sometimes frequented the small town, and she was in no mood to deal with anyone. He couldn't really see their faces, it was too dark.

He watched one of them fall and sprain her ankle, and now she was on her way towards the bench he was on. Jasper turned away to the side a little, hoping that the girl wouldn't ask for his help. He froze when he heard her voice. Kasey? He thought, thinking back to what had happened at the Yule Ball. Slowly he turned around to face the Kasey, realizing that she had hugged him. Swallowing hard he parted his lips to answer her but no sound came out.

"Happy New Year to you too Kasey. How have you been?" he stammered.

Kasey was surprised to see Jasper stammer, he was nervous! Kasey hoped that everything would go fine in their conversation today. Her ankle was hurting badly when he asked her how had she been. "Uh...."she said traces of pain showing on her face. Looking up at Jasper she spoke "I've been good enjoying my holidays with the Hollawarth family"

"What about you? Are you alone here tonight?"she asked him wondering how come he sat in this lonely way on this bench on New Year's eve. Kasey recalled what Maddiie had asked her,'Why couldn't you like him, hez a really nice guy'. She looked at Jasper smiling as she thought about it.He was really sweet and a very good friend, so why not? she asked herself.

Under the effects of butterbeer she probably couldn't remember her view about relationships, heart breaks and that all effecting studies.The night was cool and this was good since Kasey was feeling hot after dancing for the past hour or so. As she wondered how Jasper would react to her showing up here, she remembered the pain that continued to throb in her ankle. She hoped it wasn't anything serious, she didn't like to go to the healer or anything on that matter.

Jasper smiled at Kasey, glad that he had met her again. "Oh that's great to hear. How's Maddie? Tell her I said hi." he said with a warm smile. He missed Kasey and Maddie. It was all good times spent together. He glanced back at Kasey, listening to what she had to say. "Yeah, I couldn't sleep. I know its the New Year but I didn't really have the mood to celebrate. Its just another year going by." he replied simply.

Jasper turned towards Kasey, watching her. Memories of what had happened came flooding back into his mind. Jasper sighed, what ever happened to the both of them? It had been perfect, well almost.

It was then that Jasper remembered seeing one of the girls falling down, and he had just realized it was Kasey. "How's your leg? Want me to bring you to a healer?" he asked, looking at Kasey with much concern.

Kasey obviously knew that Jasper knew Maddiie since she had talked to her about him and what had taken place between them."I sure will, she mentioned that you were a good guy"]she said with a smile. Kasey wondered why Jasper wasn't in the mood to celebrate. Is it because of me? Or maybe something happened with his family she thought wanting to know why Jasper wasn't able to sleep."If you don't mind me asking, is everything alright? I mean your family and such?"she asked him placing her hand on his.

She wanted him to know that she was there with him incase there was any problems or tension that was bothering him and he could always share it with Kasey. When he asked her about her ankle, she jumped. She didn't want a healer. "No Jasper, it's going to be fine" she said holding his wrist so that he wouldn't leave her and go find some healer for her. "I don't need a healer" she added with a smile.

Hoping that this would be a good night to sort out the issues between them and hoped Jasper would understand, she begun. "Jasper, you know what happened on Christmas..." She couldn't do it, how could she hurt his feelings. What would she say? Sorry Jasper but I don't like you just because I have decided not to have a boyfriend or maybe I like you only as a friend, I think you are handsome and polite....and everything nice but I can't like you...just because I am mad?
"I like you very much...bu"she said breaking off in the mid-sentence because all of a sudden it started raining.
The rain drops gained speed marking this as the heavy rains before the season change.

Kasey tried to stand up so they could find some shelter rather than being drenched here but her leg wouldn't help her. "Ouchh.."
[/font

Jasper sighed, looking at Kasey. He missed her so much, but some part of him just couldn't accept it. What was wrong with him? Didn't he have a crush on Kasey the first time they had met, and after the Yule Ball, Jasper was confused. She had sent out mixed signals to him. Some part of his told him to move on but another told him to admit his feelings. Jasper closed his eyes in despair. And now Kasey was with him, sitting next to him to be exact. And he couldn't even act friendlier towards her? Something was wrong with him? Was it true that if you really loved someone you tend to get further? Jasper opened his eyes slowly, looking at Kasey. Was the kiss anything to her? Or was it just a kiss to her. Jasper tighten his gripped.

"Glad to hear it." Jasper finally managed to say. Kasey didn't know that he was suffering inside. Jasper smiled at Kasey, looking at her beautiful facial features. Maybe he wasn't good enough for her. Maybe...Maybe..

"Remember when I told you someone murdered my father?" he asked, looking up into Kasey's eyes. There had been no retribution for the death of my father, and the man that killed my father is walking free. My mother said the man wants to kill me too." Jasper said slowly. This was the first time he had told anyone.

"Are you sure?" he asked, when Kasey mentioned that she didn't need a healer. "I'll walk you home later." Jasper suggested with a warm smile, only for Kasey.

"Jasper, you know what happened on Christmas. I like you very much...bu.."

Jasper froze. The rain started pouring and Kasey didn't manage to complete her sentence. Jasper couldn't bear it. He watched as Kasey tried to stand up but she couldn't. Jasper knew that now he was the only one that could help. "Kasey please, let me help you." he said, putting his right hand over her waist, and placing her left hand over his shoulder. And with that, Jasper managed to help Kasey.

"Are you sure you're okay?" he asked.

The rain poured on them making them go cold and damp.Allowing Jasper to help her she easily swinged her hand around his neck. Kasey looked wide eyed as he easily lifted her in his arms as if she didn't have any weight. She was lost between her sentence due to the rain and now in this state, lying in Jasper's arms she couldn't help but look into his handsome eyes that were full of concern for her.

He said something but she didn't hear. The sound didn't reach her brains because she was too busy looking at his handsome face, so close to her that she could feel his breath. It was just like five days ago on Christmas night when they had kissed. She was trying so hard to control herself from leaning closer to his muscular chase or kissing his lips. Finally snapping out of it as the rain became heavier drenching them completely in water, she blinked a couple of times coming back to reality and said "Yeah Jasper, I am fine"

She just wanted to get some shelter. She already had a bad cold, she had drunk a lot of butterbeer tonight and to make it all worse it had just started raining. She hoped a pub or something would be open at this hour of night so they could dry themselves or something. She just wondered where they would get such a shelter from this rain at one in the midnight.

Jasper managed to lift Kasey up and bring her to the nearest shelter. Well at least the trips to the muggle gyms did do him good. It would be a tad embarrassing if he couldn't lift her up. Jasper sighed once again, looking at Kasey. There she was right in front of him, and he couldn't even start a conversation right. He really wanted to tell her his feelings. Jasper closed his eyes yet again, exhaling slowly through his nose. He gently lifted his eyelids, enabling him to see Kasey. The girl he thought was like an angel sent down from heaven. The same girl that he had danced with and the same girl that he had kissed. Jasper looked at Kasey, remembering the kids that they shared. The passionate kissed.

Jasper wanted to kiss Kasey again. He wanted to be the boy who could hold her, the one who could spend every single minute of the day with her and the one that could tell her that she was beautiful. Jasper smiled at Kasey when she answered his question. He knew she was in pain, but she didn't want to admit.

"Kasey.." he said, looking into her beautiful eyes. "I..I..I mi..missed you.." he continued, his tone still relaxed and calm, reaching out for her hand. "I...I miss hol..holding you in..my..my arms." he admitted.

Kasey thanked Merlin when they reached the shelter. It was an old empty house without any dwellers. She hoped it wouldn't look as if they were intruders or anything. Kasey waited for Jasper to put her back on her feet but it seemed that he was too happy to be in this position. Kasey's hormones were really becoming out of control now.

She was going to tell him 'Jasper, you can put me down now. I am fine' when he told her that he missed her..'missed holding you in my arms' She froze looking into his face, feeling his humid breath. She wanted to tell him how much she missed him and liked him, the very thing her mind wanted to keep from him. Her stupid Ravenclaw brain had been too strong to alow her to leave a life like a normal teenager but this was it.

She wasn't going to abide by her rules any more. Coming back to life, she blushed a deep color of crimson rising in her cheeks.She knew that this wasn't a normal smile but a blush but it was rather difficult to figure out in the dark night that was only illuminated by a far street lamp on the road. Her hand moved on its own accord tracing the cheek bone of Jasper's face. "I missed you too..." she was finally able to speak. She couldn't keep away from him anymore. Taking a deep breath she continued "I was saying...Just before it started raining....that I..l..like you" she said going pink once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back