A New Addition

Scorpius Knight

OOC First Name
Abby
Wand
Elder 15 1/2" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
When Scorpius had gone back to Ireland for the holidays after the end of his first year he had come home to a big surprise. His mother Lacey had been about four or five months pregnant with a new sibling. He was initially shocked but it didn't take long for him to get over it and be happy about the news. Even better about gaining a new sibling was that his mother was having a girl, her first daughter. Scorpius knew she must've been excited. His younger brother Orion was also excited about having someone to play with while Scorpius was gone, obviously Orion had no idea how fragile babies were so it'd be a while before that could happen.

Although truthfully ever since he had returned to Hogwarts he hadn't been writing to his mother to check up on her as much as he said he would. And a few weeks into December, when thoughts of his baby sister were well in the back of his mind now that exams were up, he was surprised to read the letter that came from his mother.
Dear Scorpius,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. I am just writing to you to tell you that your sister finally arrived, her birthdate is December 12, 2022. She's a beautiful baby girl and we named her Cassiopeia, Queen of Ethiopia -- Cassie for short. I was hoping she'd have red hair like myself but alas, your father's genes were too strong again, not that I mind it really. Orion's ecstatic and being quite gentle with her thus far though he's a little disappointed she doesn't do much but eat, sleep, and cry right now.
I won't keep you from your exams much longer. Study hard and behave son,

Love always,
Your mother,
Lacey
Scorpius smiled upon reading the letter in the Great Hall and had immediately left to the Owlery to borrow an owl and reply to his mother.
Dear Mum,

Wow, I can't believe it! I'm so happy for you, congrats! I can't wait to see her soon, can you send a picture? Love you all!

-Scorp
Scorpius' reply was rather short but he was too excited to write out anything much more than that. He had called down an owl and tied the letter to it, telling them to send it back to his home in Ireland. Once he had watched it go out the window he stayed in the room a little while longer, his mother's letter still in his hand and a grin still on his face.

Hoshi was still plotting the downfall of Isabella one stage at a time but she thought that for now she should do something productive with her time. Like go up the owlry and give her mother the present she had 'acquired' for her. Her mother loved anything pink and what she had liberated from one of the dorms of Slytherin girls was nice enough that her mother was most likely going to give Tohoru and her their summer back. It was either that or Hoshi was going to drive them all up the walls until she let them out of house. There was no doubt in Hoshi's mind that she could do it but Haruhi may reciprocate with something worse them being condemned to her room.

Hoshi was about to call Niky-chan to her so he could send the letter and package off to the house near the Brightstone when she spotted someone else there. "Knight-Kun!" She said happely and giving him a friendly hug. The hug might have hurt a bit though. Hoshi had her hair in a pair of knots on the top of her head while her face looked pailer than it really was because she had put dark shadow around her eyes then put small gems close so it would look like she where crying black tears. A spiked collar had a thick silver chain running from it to a spiked cuff on her right hand. The cuff was hidden under two red and white detached sleeves while a spaghetti strap half top showed off a diamond that pierced her bellybutton. The pants where red as well and seemed to be a pair of shorts attached to solid pant legs by thin red strings. "What are you doing up here?" Hoshi asked with a wide grin on her face.

Scorpius had only just watched the owl disappear until he could no longer see it as a spec in the sky when he turned and was greeted by a hug, a spiked hug. He winced but didn't say anything, grinning his crooked smile once he heard the voice. "Hoshi," he greeted her warmly once they separated, "Nice outfit," he replied with raised eyebrows and a smile on his face.

When she asked what he was doing here, he looked down at his letter and shrugged as he bit his scarred lip. "My mom had a baby," he replied with a chuckle. Right to the point, he figured. "I now have a sister," he added with more enthusiasm. For some reason this pleased him more than just having another sibling. He already had Orion, who was fun yet highly annoying. With a sister he felt like he could be the older brother again and protect her, though he hadn't thought of the age difference. He was going to be so old by the time she grew up, Orion would be taking his place as the older brother. And where would he be? He would've graduated from Hogwarts already to do what? Healing like he had hoped? So far his grades were slipping and his chances seemed slim, but it was only his second year, he didn't have much to worry about right? Such a Ravenclaw, he teased himself before focusing his grey eyes back on Hoshi.

"What about you Hoshi, what're you doing here?" he asked her in return, forcing all of his arbitrary thoughts out of his mind. What he had meant to ask was 'what have you been doing lately?' since he felt like he hadn't properly talked to her in so long.

Hoshi gapsed then smiled. "That's so cool. Congrats S-man you have a sister. Hope you treat her right or she might end up like this." She said spreading her arms as if to show what might happen to her if she's left unattended and alone. Hoshi had started being lolitta to get attention no matter what. They it had evolved into an art form for her. Hoshi was able to express herself with loud clothes and decorations on her skin. She was too young for tattoos but as soon as she reached the right age she would get one... or two.

Hoshi's thoughts came back to Knight and what a new sister might mean to him. He looked so happy about the new additon to his family that it had to be a good thing. "I've been running damage control on what that wh0r3 Gossip Girl did with my sketchbook. She didn't even give it back to me after she was done with it so I'm also working on getting that back. I need it back. That book helps me get back to sleep when I wake up at night." She said with a sigh. She hated to admit it but she was actually loosing sleep because she coulnd't draw her dreams anymore.

"Thanks," Scorpius replied proudly to Hoshi. He laughed when she said he treat her right otherwise she'd end up like Hoshi. He shook his head and grabbed Hoshi, bringing her in closely for a hug, or so it seemed, as he instead ruffled her bright red hair. "Don't worry, you and her will have someone like me keeping you guys in check," he joked as he let Hoshi go, giving her a wink. Though really he didn't see the problem with someone expressing themselves the way they wanted, he liked Hoshi just as she was, loud and spunky. If his sister wanted to dress that way, who was he to say no? He of course would let her, though that decision really was up to his mother. "That poor girl is gonna grow up around Quidditch and wrestling," he joked, shaking his head as if in disappointment. It's not like he had very many female cousins for his new sister to play with.

When Hoshi brought up the Gossip Magazine, Scorpius' grey eyes immediately darkened as a scowl formed on his face. He hated that thing so much and all the unnecessary problems it caused. He had read the latest issue which had printed Hoshi's sketches of her and Henric and knew that it had crossed the line completely. Hoshi was a good artist, he knew of that for sure, and her work deserved to be recognized, though not in that horrific manner. Scorpius sighed and shook his head as he said, "She'll get what's coming to her." Of course he didn't know who, nor did he want to know unlike the rest of the school who was ready to wring their hands around her neck. He knew that her karma would come tenfold. "Don't worry about it, I'll get you a new sketchbook," he grinned down at his best friend. He was serious about his offering, and he was going to make sure it was heavily charmed so no one but Hoshi could see its contents.

Hoshi laughed but didn't bother to bring down her hair. It was just going to flatten out on it's own anyway. Always did. "Poor girl. She's going to grow up with two fantasic brothers and a good right hook." She said. Hoshi having grown up with her brother had always strived to be better than him in Marshal Arts. It never happened but she got a thory out of it. Good self defence came from years of training, great self defense came from fighting your own family.

She watched as Scorpius darkened and knew she had hit on a subject that should not have been hit upon. "I'll make sure of it." Was all she said when Scorpius said that she would get what was coming to her. Hoshi smiled wide afterwards. "I knew there was a reason girl's can't get enough of you Knight-kun! Thanks." She said pushing on Knight's shoulder. It had not been a shock that she found her drawings in Gossip Girl. She had been waiting for it but she was hoping that she was smater than Hoshi had given her creadet for. Hoshi had been wrong and here they where. "That sketchbook will be my ticket to a better night's sleep." She said jokenly. Only her eyes showed that her thoughts had turned darker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back