OOC First Name
Janna
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Yew wood with a unicorn hair core, 11 ¼" and slightly springy flexibility
Ben had hoped to be able to go out today but the rain had prevented him from going for his little walk. So he had decided to go to practice on the drums in the conglomerated arts room, it was one of the places where he felt most relaxed in the middle of all these abandoned canvases of young artists and some extra cardboard invitations .When the young boy arrived in the room he sat down in the corner where the instrument was and began to play, hoping not to be too loud.Ben started with a simple sheet music that he was learning for few weeks now, but he was a bit discouraged when the passage he was struggling with came.

Isaiah had heard about some sort of arts room from his cousins, who apparently knew him well enough to know he'd like it, yet would be too busy with other things to actually learn about its existence. Now that he knew, however, he was eager to see it for himself. So, with his guitar swung over his shoulder Zay had excitedly made his way to where they had told him the room should be. He knew he could play practically anywhere in the school and often dragged his guitar with him wherever he went but having an actual room dedicated to the arts was something else and he just had to see if the acoustics there were better than anywhere else in the castle. Enthousiastic as he was Isaiah threw open the door of the room with quite some force when he had reached it, scrunching his face when he noticed a kid already in there. In the middle of playing something nonetheless. "O, sorry dude!" He smiled sheepishly, entering the room with a bit more calmth. "Whatcha playing?"

Ben took the passage again and again until he finally managed to play it smoothly, at the same time he saw the door of the room open and stopped to observe the young boy who had just gone through it while apologizing. "Oh you don't have to apologize it's okay" he said to the newcomer.He wasn't used to having an audience so Ben stopped playing which created an awkward silence before the other boy asked him a question"Oh uh, Hi-Highway to Hell by AC/DC" he replied, stammering lightly because of the new attention that was placed on him. "It's one of the easy tracks I find to start learning the drums" Ben said afraid of sounding boring if he didn't add something before a new silence sets in.

Isaiah nodded when the other boy didn't seem too bothered about him slamming open the door. Sublety obviously wasn't his strong suit, never had been. "Cool." He nodded in response when the boy told him it was fine before taking a couple steps further into the room. Zay was distracted by everything around him for a second, the boy's voice reminding him that he had actually asked him a question. "Ah, I think I've heard of that." He responded as he walked around a bit, the movement making him suddenly aware of his own guitar hung on his back again. Excitedly he turned back to the boy, slinging his guitar from his back to his front as he looked at him. "Dude, maybe we could play together!" Zay exclaimed, taking quick paces over to the boy. "Is there any more sheet music? Or did you bring your own? We could always just improvise." He spoke quickly, looking at the boy expectantly.

When the boy offered to play together, an expression of surprise crept over Ben's face because no one had ever offered him all the times he had come in the room ,maybe it was the fact that he was reserved who made people think they didn't want to be disturbed."Yeah, why not" he said smiling before passing a copy of the sheet music to the boy. "I always have a duplicate just in case but if you want to improvise it's totally okay " He tended to want to plan things ahead , he had to have inherited that from his mother."Also my name is Benjamin but most people call me Ben" he added, extending his free hand to the other musician.

Isaiah nodded when the other boy agreed to play together, taking the sheet music he passed to him and dramatically plopping down on one of the stools close to the drums. He never got to play a whole lot with others to this was for sure going to be fun. "Nah, let's try this first." He nodded, giving the sheet music a little wave. Now that he had that they might as well try doing an actual song. If that didn't work out he figured there was always room to improvise, which he knew he was better at than playing actual songs. "Cool, nice to meet ya Ben. My name's Zay." He smiled, extending his own hand towards the other boy although his was balled into a fist. Yeah, still not a fan of the whole shaking hands thing, seemed so adult-y to him. Fist bumps definitely were the way to go.

"Nice to meet you too Zay" he said with a smile, closing his hand before giving a shy fist bump.He wasn't used to doing it so he wondered if maybe he had put too much force or not enough.Most of his family did hand shaking but he never really liked it, he thought it put too much distance between them, he had started doing it because he believed it was the norm and he was. glad to see that was not the case here."Uh, ok let's go, I'll give you the tempo at the start so you can settle on it" Ben picked up his drum sticks and started tapping his foot watching when Zay was ready, giving him a small smile.

OOc : sorry for the late reply hope you stil like it

Isaiah was always excited when whoever he meet met along in giving him a fist bump. So far he thought he had only met one other kid who was set on shaking hands, although he couldn't recall if he even tried to get a fist-bump in back then. He nodded when Ben said he'd give him the tempo, wondering if he was even going to manage to get the song right or if he was completely going to ruin the thing the other boy seemed to have been practising for a while. He had never been a genius at sheet music so it was kind of fun to see how he'd do. Who knew? Maybe he'd surprise himself. Zay paid close attention when the other boy started, before turning his attention to the sheet music and trying his best to do everything right. He messed up a couple of chords at the beginning but not so bad that they couldn't continue with the song. That did happen halfway through though and he shot the other boy an apologetic smile. "Sorry dude, I guess sheet music is just not my thing." He laughed, before nodding approvingly towards the drums. "You nailed that though!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back