Irene Finch

Head of the Dept of Magical Transportation

Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Wand
Knotted 14 Inch Rigid Spruce Wand with Doxy Wing Core
Irene was finally forcing herself out of the lavish hotel room she had rented. For once, she'd decided to take her cousins' advice and try living like a muggle. It was her third in Hawaii but only her first day heading to the beach. The first few days she'd spent in her room being miserable, much like she had been for the past month. She hadn't even been able to celebrate her birthday properly. The room she was staying in was gorgeous and the view from her room was breathtaking, but all she could think about was how right her brother had been. She couldn't believe she'd argued with Ioan over him. But, to be fair, she had been in love with Link at the time, but he'd simply trampled all over her heart. No more of that she scolded herself as her thoughts attempted to stray into the self-pity they'd been feeling for the past few weeks.

As the warm breeze blew through Irene's hair, she put her hand on her hat to keep it in place. With her complexion, too much sun was never a good thing and she didn't want to return to either of her jobs with a sunburn. Finding a spot on the hotel's beach to lie, Irene spread out a towel and took off her hat, so she could remove her sundress. Once she was done doing that, Irene lay on the towel and looked up towards the sky, looking at the formations the clouds made. "I could get used to this..." she said to no one in particular as a hotel person came around and handed her a drink.

Riley was on a well earned holiday. He never usually went on them but wanted some time to himself for once and as the last time he was in Hawaii was when Caysi and Jay were meant to be getting marrade but that had ended in tears. Although on the up side he did decide he liked it here so was soaking it up for a while. After the whole asking Adele to marry him he wanted to get away to think about being with one woman permanently, not that he was loyal but this girl would stay with him and share his last name.

Riley sighed slightly as he tilted his head backwards as he lay on his back on the warm sand. He pushed his sunglasses back closer to his face so he didnt have to squint due to the sun. His attention turned quickly when he heard a girls voice close by. Typical Riley went over to see if she was hot or not, if not then she wouldnt be with him for another second. Seeing that she was pretty Riley smiled slightly. " Trust me. I could get used to it too." He said charmingly. No girl could ever resist his charm. Unless of course they were ugly or he had been with them before. " So you on holiday then?" He asked wondering if he could get a bit of holiday romance going on with this chick

Irene turned her head sharply as she heard someone answer her. She hadn't been expecting that at all. The comment had been more to herself, though as she turned she realized that perhaps it wouldn't be a bad thing that she'd been overheard. The guy who'd responded was definitely good-looking in a different way than the other guys she'd dated or been with. She couldn't quite put her finger on how he was different though.

Nodding her head slowly, Irene smiled over at him, sitting up slightly on her elbow. "I am. I'm guessing you're not from here either?" she asked, her eyebrow arching slightly. It was only then that Irene realized how underdressed she was. She dismissed the thought a moment later though. It is the beach she mused.

Riley smiled widely, showing his perfect teeth. Looks like this was going well for him. The thought that Riley was only with one woman at the moment was something that he wasnt really used to but it wasnt something he usually thought about. He took what he could get when ever. " Nah im from New Zealand but i thought i would get away and i knew this place was good so why not." He said sitting down. " So what do you think of it. I mean you defiantly get a great view from this beach." He said charmingly. Of course he was talking about her but sometime girls didnt quite fet that and would comment on the actual view, Riley was used to this though and often played along as if he didnt know any better

Irene looked at him, very suprised when he mentioned that he was from New Zealand. She hesitated for a moment unsure of whether she should admit to being from there as well. "That's really funny...I'm from New Zealand too. Well, not originally, but I live there now. What are the chances that we both end up here in Hawaii?" she asked with a smile on her face.

She listened to the rest of what he said and giggled. This one was a good charmer, and even though she knew exactly what he meant when he spoke of the view, she could still appreciate his attempts. "Oh...I'm enjoying the view too. This is my first day at the beach, but it looks like a fun time" she said with a smirk on her face. Holding her hand out, Irene introduced herself. "I'm Irene." She deliberately didn't give him her last name. This was vacation and regardless of what happened, she had no plans to have anything to do with this guy beyond anything that happened on this island.

Riley smiled when she said that she was also from New Zealand. " Yeah that is funny. Small world i guess." Riley said with a passive shrug. He noticed how she didnt give her last name which was fine by Riley. " Nice to meet you im Riley." He said taking her hand and giving it a shake.

" So how long have you been here for?" He asked her wondering if she had been here long or if she was planning on staying a while longer. He liked to have a time frame in which to work his magic. If she was staying a while then he could take a slower approach but if she was leaving soon then he would just be his normal self to try and get her

Irene smiled as Riley introduced himself and also didn't mention his last name. It was good because it meant that Riley knew how to play the game. Taking out some suntan lotion, Irene began to put it on her legs. As pale as she was, it never took long for her to begin to sunburn. And the last thing she wanted to spend her last days in Hawaii looking like a lobster.

"Oh...I've been here for three days and I've got another two left" she hinted as she moved onto her arms. Pretty soon she'd have to head back to New Zealand and her job. But while she was here, she wanted to be sure to have a lot of fun.

Riley nodded when she said she would be leaving in two days. That was plenty of time for him. Riley watched as she put on her sun tan lotion and smiled at an idea. " You know i could do your back if you want. Saves you having to do it." He said with a shrug as if it was nothing that he wasnt used to any way. Riley may not have been at all subtle when he flirted but he sure was good at doing it and pretending as if he didnt even notice he was doing it.

(sorry its rubbish)

Irene finished putting the lotion onto her arms and then tossed the bottle over to Riley. With a shrug, Irene said, "Sure...if you want." Irene turned her head, unable to hide the smile that crossed her face. So far, not using magic was serving her pretty well and she knew she'd have to write a letter to her older cousin telling her that there might be something to not using magic for everything.

"So, Riley" Irene began as she turned so that he could reach her back easily. "Have you gotten around to swimming yet? I was thinking of heading out in a bit..." she trailed off, closing her eyes and enjoying the gentle breeze as it hit her warm skin. She absolutely loved the weather in Hawaii and if it wasn't for the fact that she'd only asked for a few days from the Ministry, she likely would have extended her vacation.

Riley caught the bottle when Irene tossed it over to him. With a boyish grin he moved around and sat behind her. He had never actually put sun tan lotion on anyone before so this was a first for him but he wouldn't tell Irene this. He would just act like the normal charmer he was and act like he had done this a thousand times over.

Popping the lid and getting some lotion on his hands he began to gently rub her back. He started from the top and worked his way down to her lower back. He noticed she was really pale and wondered if she had a high or low tolerance to sun burn. He guessed it was low but he wasn't too fussed, it wasn't something he generally looked for in a woman. " Well i have been swimming in a swimming pool but i have yet to swim in the sea here. Its meant to be as warm as a bath." He told her as he finished with her back and handed her the bottle back. " There you go."

Irene kept her eyes closed as Riley began putting suntan lotion on her skin. All she could feel were his hands as they traveled from her shoulders down to her lower back. For a second, she wished Link were here to see this because she hoped it would upset him to see some hot guy with his hands all over her. She listened to him say that he'd only been in the pool and then glanced at him from over her shoulder.

The pool?" she scoffed, "when the beautiful ocean is right in front of you..." She took the bottle from his hand and dropped it back into her bag. Standing up, Irene looked down at Riley. She was about 5'6, so stood taller than some girls. "C'mon. Let's change that" she said with a smile as she readjusted her bikini and threw her hat down on top of her hat. She extended her hand for Riley though if he did grab it and try to stand up, he was more likely to pull her down on him then she was to actually get him up. She was fairly thin and didn't have all that much strength in her arms.

Riley laughed at her tone of voice when she spoke about the ocean. It was true that it was right there but the pool was closer and good for when he just couldnt be bothered. Watching her stand up Riley took her hand but didnt really use it to help him up. Keeping hold of it he led her to the ocean, dodging the other people that were running around and lying on the floor in their way.

Once Riley got to the water he walked in until it was about waist deep and then turned to Irene. " Wow it is warm." He laughed as he splash a little water in her direction. It wasnt much as he knew that some girls didnt like it so didnt want to annoy her because then she may have left. " I dont get why all those people are on the beach and hardly any in the water? They dont know what they are missing." Riley said with a shrug as he dipped under the water and came back up again so he could get his hair wet.

Irene followed Riley to the water and stepped in with him expecting the ocean to be cold. But, he was right. It was as cool as bath water. She had no trouble following him until the water was just above her waist. She giggled as he splashed some water at her, not too upset that her hair was getting wet. "Better for us then they won't m..." she interrupted herself about to finish with muddy up the water making a reference to the people on the beach being muggles. "They won't get in our way. We have the water all to ourselves" she said hastily, hoping he hadn't been listening too hard to what she'd said.

She tried not to stare as he came back up out of the water, wishing she had her shades on so she could. Instead, she dipped herself under, taking notice of how clear the water was as she went under completely, disappearing from view and coming up behind Riley. She splashed him as she withdrew her head from the water, but the rest of her body she kept under, floating with the current.

Riley noticed how Irene cut off through her conversation then replaced what ever she was going to say with something else. He didnt mention i thought. He watched her go under the water then laughed as she splashed his again. Riley turned around with a grin then copied her position in the water. " So whats your profession then?" He asked her curiously hoping he wasnt being to abrupt or anything. He had to think of something to recover. " Because i may have to go there when i need a pretty girl to talk to." He smiled crookedly to her

Irene paused before answering Riley's question. Considering he was from New Zealand, she was assuming he was a wizard like her though, but if she was wrong and actually told him her job she would be in huge trouble. Thankfully, Riley continued on, flirting his way through the question. It eased her slightly.

"Umm...I own a diner in a mall in New Zealand" she said, not even bothering to mention her job as an apparation instructor since that would be difficult to explain. "And if you show up, I promise to personally take care of you" she added with a small smile on her face as she continued to float. "What do you do, Riley?" she asked as she closed her eyes, allowing the sun to kiss her face.

Riley grinned at her as he thought about how to answer her question. As he thought he kissde her neck to make it look like he was doing something. " Well i dont really need to work at the moment. Im living of a huge wod of money that i inherited but im going to get a job soon. Not sure what though." He said as he bit his lip to think about what he wanted to do. He liked the idea of being shopkeeper but didnt know how good he would be at it. " So what is the name of your shop? Also is it Makutu mall because i live near there." He said with a smile as he realised how much of a small world it was

(sorry its rubbish)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back