a morning run

Andromeda Fiorelli

OOC First Name
Linda
Wand
Cherry/Maple Wand 13 1/4" Essence of a Dragon's Heartstring; 10 1/2" 4wood mix - unicorn hair core
Andromeda rose nice and early. She dressed in her tracksuit and runners and yawning let herself out of the dorm. She wandered sleepily down to the quidditch pitch. It was a cold morning, the breeze was gently yet sharp and crisp.

Andy began doing some stretches, she began with a basic neck stretch to waken herself up fully. She continued to her shoulders and arms. Clasping her hands together over her head with her arms slightly bent, she did a side stretch.
She followed these with her calf and thigh stretches.

When she felt invigorated, she started off at a gently jogging pace. She checked her breathing, keeping it level and balanced. At the first turn she picked up her pace and started to run. She had been a track runner at her last school mainly to make up for the fact that it had been a muggle school and no flying at all!

Running was your basic flying on the ground. She took a deep breath and sprinted for 500 yards or so, then relaxed her pace again. She kept count of her laps as she ran.

Brian had known that Andromeda was going running and decided it might be fun too, He never ran track or anything but since his Grandfather had ran on a regular basis for a while, he thought maybe he should as well.

He dressed as warmly but loosely as he could and walked over towards the Quiditch Pitch, He saw Andromeda already running and decided just to start jogging around the Pitch unitll his heartrate got up, after about a minute of jogging at a decent pace Brian began to run. In order to keep his breathing steady and not burn out quickly, he counted in his head, eveytime his left foot touched the ground, it was a great trick he'd used when he was younger and they had to run the mile for school.

1... 2...3...4...1..2...3...4...1...2....3...4! over and over as his breahing stayed the same, he felt like he could run for miles. Every now and then he would sprint a little bit and then start running again trying to see if he can get his breathing back under control, If he wanted to be the best, he had to be in perfect physical shape as well. Who knows maybe next year he'd try out for the Quidditch team!

Andromeda decided to stop after about 4 laps, it was a bigger pitch than what she was used to. She had been so perfectly in the zone that she hadn't noticed Brian come out. She regulated her breathing and stretched out again a little before waiting for him to pass her, she joined him on his run.
"Morning!" she smiled, "pleasant surprise!"

"hey! whats up!" He said as he ran a bit faster, he was trying again to speed up his heart and let it go back to normal.

He slowed down to match hers "I do it now and then, My grandfather use to run ten miles a day!" he explained. "you don't travel the world unless you fit!" he said smiling.

Brian began to laugh "physically fit!" Brian replied.

"Oh!" she smiled, she ran further enjoying the silence now - except for their breathing. "You could travel by broom you know! You only really have to be fit on a broom when playing quidditch!"
She kept her pace steady, but smiled at him anyway.

"no way, My grandfather would never forgive me if I got fat riding on a broom!" Brian laughed as they continued their pace.

"I'd like to see it" Brian said with a smile "it'd be like a stick sagging in the middle!" Brian said with a laugh!

"no way! I can see it now He's flying three inches off the gorund when he hears a loud Snap! and falls on his Fat Butt!" Brian said laughing, it was getting harder to run while he was converating but he had to admit it was very fun.

Brian had to stop because he was laughing so hard "man you got me!" Brian said holding on to his sides laughing so hard.

Andromeda tried to regain her breathing too, she flopped herself to the ground and thought stretching would be better than running some more. She opened her legs into a v shape and lowered herself down over one foot until her hands were wrapped around her ankle. She could feel the stretch in her spine and her leg. That felt so good.
"It was a bit mean of us, one of my aunts is terribly overweight! She sits down in her "special" chair and we're lucky if we see her again for another week!"
she started laughing again!

Brian started laughing, all he could say was "I can't believe how mean we are" he said laughing even harder.

"I know we're such awful people!" Andromeda did her best to stay serious but couldn't help it, her sides were so sore from laughing already but the laughter continued.
She tried taking a few deep breaths and moved to stretch the other leg.
"You ...know... you should ... really stretch out too... before and after a run!" she smiled, "wouldn't want... no I won't say it! I'm not an awful person I'm nice!"
she giggled quietly to herself as she lay back on the ground and brought her legs up to her chest to relax her spine, then rolled herself into a sitting position.
"really nice!" she smiled.

Brian began to stretch out, "well I think I'm gonna go inside. It's freezing out here, and I've still got homework to finish on up, so see ya!" Brian said as he finished stretching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back