A meeting

Bellatrix Green

OOC First Name
Ahna
Bellatrix was wandering around the 6th floor corridor, thinking about life...and her lovely time in the hospital wing. And why Kiera seemed to care that she was starving her self...a form of compassion new to her. Not to mention her most...recent...blackmailing assignment. She was very curious is to how...calmly Professor Heimdall seemed to be reacting to these...'mysterious' letters. She was beginning to wounder, when the cat may be let out of the bag.

Professor Freya left her office and walked down the hall. She had the second black mailing note crumpled up in her hand. She had no idea what she was going to do about it. She had no one she could talk to about it without implicating herself in Vladmir's murder.

As she walked her head was full of questions and concerns and she nearly bumped into a student as she rounded the corner. "Oh, Miss Green. I"m sorry I didn't see you there, my mind was else where." Freya quickly tucked the note inside her robes and clasped her hands in front of her. With a smile she continued. "So Miss Green, what brings you to this part of the castle?"

Just the person she was dying to see. A wide sneer etched across her face, and Bellatrix tried to cover this up as joy to see her...favourite Professor. "Oh....just...looking around..." she said in a smooth tone. "I am pleased to see you Professor... I hope you are well..." Her eyes trailed to the Professors robe pocket, she had not missed the woman suddenly hiding the blackmailing letter.

Freya composed herself quickly and smoothed our her robes. "Why yes Miss Green, I"m quite well." Freya looked at the girl curiously. She couldn't put her finger on it but she was sure she something flicker behind her eyes. But she still had faith in this girl so she let it pass. "Tell me Miss Green are you attending the Yule Ball? Is Professor Manteia allowing you to go?" she said with a wink.

Bellatrix's eyes quickly flickered back up to the Professor, though no longer holding a false kindness in them, they were harsh. "I do not wish to attend such a meaningless event! I have better things to focus on. Even if Professor Manteia" she said spitting out the Professors name like venom. "Had any control on what I wish to do. It may be shocking to you! But I am not thought of as badly as I used to be!"

Freya looked down on the girl. She had not intended to offend but it seemed she had. "My dear, I of all people know that you are better then what people have perceived from you in your early days here at Hogwarts. If I offended you, I apologize, it was not my intention." Freya waited while she let her words sink in. "Now tell me, why would you not go to the Yule Ball? It might be fun...you never know." Freya herself was not sure if she was going but hated to see young people miss out on a party.

"You give me too much credit....Professor..." Bellatrix mumbled ashamed. Then trying to change her tone she said. "I do not wish to go...First Year I could not go...second year, I was banned...third year...I think something happend....or I might have gone. Over all...it is not an even for someone like me...it is an event for young flirtatious girls to flit around with young flirtatious boys, and nothing more."

Freya smiled at the girls last comment. "I have to agree with you there. I myself am not sure I'm going and if I do it will be to simply watch and make sure those flirtatious students keep their hands to themselves..." Freya laughed. "Well then, are you going anywhere for the winter break?" Freya wasn't sure of her complete family situation.

Freya looked at the girl with covered sadness. She knew the girl would hate the pity if she saw it and didn't want to upset her anymore. "I am sorry about that, will there be other students you know staying? any friends?"

Bellatrix shook her head. "I do not know many, to call friends, but the two that I do, are leaving. The rest of my year...seem to all have lives awaiting them, so they too shall leave. I have...no one...."

Freya didn't know what to say about that. She new her own son was having difficulties adjusting and only hoped that he would one day find a friend, at least one.
"Well Miss Green thankfully the holidays are not that long and when you come back I do hope you will be attending my class next semester? Will you be attending classes?" Freya tried to subtly change the subject.

Bellatrix eyed Professor Heimdall curiously. "I do not know...what classes I shall...chose to attend and what not. I don't know if I even plan on continuing my schooling....whats the point after all. I have nothing awaiting in a life ahead of me...only destruction...I can't back down from my oath...no matter how badly I wish to change. I am stuck in this life, like my parents had chosen before me. Though...I honestly do wish to see you next semester....and continue your class...I always enjoyed your teaching."

"Miss Green, no matter what your life was like before, the future has yet to be determined. You can change any aspect of it you like. I'm not saying it is simple or easy but I've learned that pain and sadness are the gateways to strength and wisdom. You are a strong young woman who needs only faith in her self to achieve anything you want. The path you talk about that has been paved for you, need not be the one you choose. But only you can make that determination." Freya said with conviction. "I want you to be in my class next year, Runes may not be as exciting as Potions or Charms, but this year for you should be fun and we could all use a little lightness in our daily lives."

Bellatrix listened to her intently. Half of her wanting to believe the woman, and actually try to do better for her self, and the other half...the half that continues to black mail her, wishes to just let this statement breeze on through. "You would know all about how the sadness are the gateways to strength and wisdom..." she mumbled lightly curious to if the Professor had caught this or not. Then looking back up at her, her cold green eyes meeting the Professors. "Believe me, I do not find Potions or Charms any more exciting than Ancient Runes. Though...guessing that I do not get thrown out of the school by that time...I shall attend your class...once or twice to make you happy is all...." she said adding the last bit more for self pride than actually meaning it.

Bellatrix's cold demeanor didn't fool Freya. For some reason she felt for this girl and knew some how their fates were crossed. Perhaps one day she would read her stones and see for sure what their future held.

"As you wish Miss Green. Now, I really must be going and pack for my journey to Norway. I hope your holiday isn't as dismal as you believe it will be." And with that Freya turned and headed back to her room to finish filling her trunk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back