Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 10 Inch Flexible Laurel Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Estella had been looking around for her next recipient for a while. She didn't know at all who this person was and didn't even know which house to start with. A lot of the people that she asked didn't know who she was talking about either. The girl had wandered in and out almost every room in the castle. She made her way into the student lounge where the person would hopefully be. The student lounge was a bit crowded than usual, with a lot of people having congregated there for Valentine's Day. The Hufflepuff girl stood in the centre of the room and waved the yellow rose in the air. "Nikko Blackwood!" she exclaimed, wondering who this person could be.

Nikko didn't usually spend much time in the student lounge but he had stopped in today to catch up on some homework he had been putting off with the quidditch game so close and practice taking up so much of his time. He had just sat down and cracked open his books when he noticed the girl standing in the center of the room waving a flower around. It took him a moment to realized she was shouting his name. "Oh hey." he said tentatively. "That's me."

As an older boy spoke, Estella couldn't help but blush a little. She was suddenly a little embarrassed about shouting his name out, especially considering how easy it was to find him. "Hey." she replied to him, taking out the yellow rose from her basket. "This is for you... Happy Valentine's Day." She handed it to him with the note attached.

Nikko: Thank you for being my friend. You're the only good thing at this school sometimes.

Nikko returned her quieter greeting with a small wave and was a little surprised when she held out a rose. "Oh, thanks." he said. "And happy valentine's day." he added quickly. He took the flower and placed it next to him as he read the note. He smiled but it faltered slightly when he finished the note are realized it wasn't signed. He looked around as if that would help him and he sighed. He didn't exactly want to go around asking everyone he knew if they sent him a rose so it was bound to be a mystery for now.

Estella watched as he took the rose and read the note like everyone always did. It was a shame that it wasn't signed off by anyone, but at least it was a yellow rose and so that meant it was one of his friends and not a potential secret admirer that didn't want to be revealed. "Do you like it?" Estella asked anxiously. "I mean, it's not from me though." The Hufflepuff chuckled a little, hoping that the boy didn't think that. After all, they didn't even know each other. "I love Valentine's Day. Do you?"

Nikko looked at the girl curiously, confused for a moment about what she meant. "Oh, the rose." he said quickly as he made the connection. "Yeah I do!" he nodded. It was a sweet note and the longer her thought about it he was fairly certain he knew it was from but he was caught off guard when she insisted she hadn't sent it. "I didn't think that." he mumbled. Nikko had recognized her from the paper but he hadn't really spoken to her before. He blinked as she changed the topic almost immediately. "Uh, I guess." he answered tentatively. He hadn't really put much thought into Valentine's day and this year wasn't really an exception after everything with Connor . "It's nice to see everyone so excited." he added with a small smile.

Estella didn't know why she was being so awkward. Of course he didn't think that it was her who had sent it. After all, Elliot wouldn't give someone a rose that they had sent themselves, and surely it was obvious that wasn't her anyway. She tried to shake it off however as he answered her question. "Yeah, it's a very exciting event! I love writing about it for the Hogwarts Monthly as I feel everyone reads it." she told him, glad that he somewhat agreed with her. "Are you going to the dance? I can't wait for it!"

Nikko smiled at her enthusiasm. He was glad at lease someone was having a good day. "Probably not." he admitted, and wasn't sure why. He knew why he wouldn't be going to the dance, the red rose he sent still weighing heavily on his mind, but he wasn't sure why he mentioned it. "But I'm sure you'll have a good time." he said quickly, not wanting to ruin her expectations due to his gloomy mood.

Estella just frowned a little when the Gryffindor said that he probably wouldn't go to the dance. Perhaps he just didn't have anyone special to go with. "You don't have to go with a partner though. You can just go by yourself, I mean, that's what I'm doing." she reassured him, hoping that wasn't what was putting him off going. She didn't want to force him however. After all, boys didn't typically like going to the dance anyway. As he then tried reassuring her that she'd have a good time, she just pursed her lips. "Of course I will." Estella said rather bluntly, wondering why he had to say that. After all, she loved Valentine's Day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back