A loveless full moon

Hoshi Icchihara

OOC First Name
Ana V
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Never mind that it was late and way past curfew, never mind that Hoshi could get thrown in detention because of something as beine as being outside, never mind that it was almost frizzing out as she could catch her death out here. Hoshi after only a few days of admitting that she was in fact in love with Henric Lee was in still pain. A pain that she did not enjoy nor savor this was a pain she did not want. Tears threatened to over take her. She hated that. She had been taught that crying was nothing more than a weapon for girls in her position used whenever they didn't get their way. She never used them for that reason ether.

Hoshi could not do what she was about to do in the common room. Even late at night there was a chance that someone would walk in on her. She was bundled up a heavy black coat and jeans that where for once whole. The coat was long enough to reach her knees. That was because this had once belonged to her twin brother. Even though they where born on the same day and share many of the same characteristics, Tohoru had four inches on her which put him at a five two. He would grow of that she was sure but so would she.

The moon was bright, that was one of the reasons she chose to come out this night. She could see without much help. She ran to the far side of the lake where the water was deeper and the rocks where bigger. She knew that out here she would not be able to run if she got cought but she didn't care again. The worst they could do was put her in detention for about a month. At least, she was near the forest out here. Out of the inner pocket of her coat she took out what she came out here to look at then took a seat on a rock.

Loveless was the book Henric had given her. Up until now she had not dared open it for fear of what could lay within those pages. Now she need something to rip what was in her heart. She knew it could never be. Henric had told her that himself. "You don't know what it is to love me." He had told her. Hoshi agreed. She didn't know she didn't have a clue what he was or what he had truly gone though. Slowly she opened the book and began to read by moonlight. After taking in one page, she snapped it shut. Hoshi could almost hear Henric's voice as her eyes flickered over the words.

Hoshi put the velvet covered book on another rock then folded her legs up to her chest. She put her head on her knees with her arms wrapped around them. She had been so certen that if he told her himself that he didn't want her that her heart would finally see sense and she would be free to peruse another interest. What she hadn't counted on was how painful the pieces of a broken heart where going to be. Hoshi listened to the water move ever so slightly in the stillness of the night. She was sure no one would come out here at this hour so she let her guard down. No one was out here to see her like this. No one but the moon and the creatures of the lake. Slowly she started to cry into her knees. Her purple hair made a curtain around her as if that would hide her farther from the world.

Sam wandered along the lakeside he had been out in the grounds almost all day. But it didn't seeme like it. In London everything was so chokey and smokey. But this....this was perfect. Sam kicked a few rocks into the lake. He was sure he was the only one out here.

He looked up at the moon. It was huge. A silver glow surronded it. Sam looked slowly back down and he spotted a hunched over figure. He furrowed his eyebrows. Who would be out here? Now? Then Sam saw the silver light glisten over purple hair. Only Hoshi. he smiled to himself and walked quickly over to her. Although it was dark, Sam could tell something was up. She was broken.

Sam finally made it to the other side of the lake, slipping a few times. But he made it. Sam knelt down on his haunches and cocked his head to one side, "Hey Hosh." Sam said softly. "You alright?" he asked her concernaity in his voice.

Tears where flowing but she was making little noise. She sniffed and gulped. "I'm fine." She said. Her voice was muffled because she didn't look up. She didn't want Sam to see her like this, she didn't want anyone to see her like this. She was Hoshi Koshiba for Merlin's sake, she didn't cry over boys! "Just fine." Was all she could say without coming right out and lyeing to one of her best friends. Hoshi burred her face deeper into her knees as more tears started to roll down her cheeks. She took the book on the rock next to her and tossed it into the lake. She went back into the pose she had been in before. Sam could sit if he liked or he could leave her alone. Hoshi didn't mind much.

Sam frowned, "Hoshi. I may be useless at reading girls but.." he paused, "Even I can tell something is up. Your crying for filps sake!" Sam was almost startled, he had never seen Hoshi cry nor did he think he ever would. He sat on his bottom beside her. He watched as she threw a book into the lake. Sam didn't question he just looked at her before she had buried her head in her knees once more. Sam didn't know what to do, he put his arm around her shoulder, maybe comforting her. He was terrible at giving advice that was usually Knight's job. He was actually just plain awful in these situations. But Hoshi was his best friend and he wasn't just going to leave her crying.

Hoshi was just glad Sam decided to stay. "I'm crying because I'm a stupid fluffy headed girl... who though she could brake a man made of ice." She said. A large sob broke though what she wanted to say. Hoshi was happy to have someone here now. She wasn't planing on telling him or anyone else that she had told Henric that she had fallen in love with him. It was her shame. He could be here for her without knowing exactly what was going on. It was better this way. She didn't want them to know how she had been so idiotic. Her crying was silent always silent. There was no reason to make a spectacle of this.

Sam shook his head. "The last thing you are is a fluffy headed girl." Sam said honestly, Hoshi was probably tougher than most of the guys he knew. But when she said 'man made of ice' Sam thought Henric. Hoshi had told him before that Henric wouldn't leave her alone. What has the creep done now..? "Henric? What did he do to you?" Sam said with a hint of frustration in his voice. How he would love to just punch that guy right now.

At the mension of Henric's name Hoshi buried her head in her knee farther almost dissapering in a vail of purple hair and dark clothes. "Nothing that consers anyone but me." She said her voice muffled. She was telling the truth. What was Sam going to think of her if he knew that she was crying because Henric refused her. Even more so if she told him that she had expected as much. Hoshi reallly didn't think that Henric would react any diffrent than he did, she wasn't blaming him she was blaming herself for leting hurt this much. "If you knew then you will agree I'm fluffy headed." She said again muffled. She wasn't coming up untill the pain went away. If it took the whole night so be it.

[Sorry about late reply :errm: ]

Sam could tell Hoshi didn't want to tell him, anyone. Sam wasn't going to persist. He knew how annoying that could be. Sam squeezed her tighter, though comfortly. He then laughed softly, "Hoshi. Believe me. I don't think I'll ever think of you as a fluffy-headed girl. Ask anyone and they'll agree." It was true, Hoshi was the wildest, fun girl he had ever knew.

Hoshi peeked up though her hair. A small smile was on her face. "Yeah well they don't know what happened in lawns." She said shaking her head. She was starting to heal a bit. Sam being here and not asking her what happened was good for her she sopposed. Hoshi had stopped crying at this point but her face was still wet so she wasn't going to bring herself up just yet.

Sam sighed, he didn't know what happened in the lawns and Hoshi could tell him if and whenever she wanted. "Well whatever...I still think your the coolest person ever!" Sam said and pushed her slightly. "And I'm sure of you'd ask around you would certainly get the same response." Sam said lightly to her.

Hoshi whipped her cheeks roughly with her sleeve while laughing a bit. "Your right everyone thinks I'm pretty awesome and I have worked hard for them to think so." She said pushing him back. She was joking of course though she did know that she was not the go to girl for all student fun. Hoshi sighed as she looked up at the moon. Why was she crying over some boy. Given he wasn't her to remind her but still it was just some boy. "Thanks for staying Sam." She said bumping him with her shoulder.

Sam laughed, happy that she had picked up slightly. It was nice to have 'Hoshi' back. When she thanked him for staying he nodded, "Of coarse. Your like my best friend. So...." He paused "I didn't have much of a choice...I guess." he added, his tone was sarcastic and he acted as if he wanted to be somewhere else. He then smiled to her and bumped her back and then said seriously, "Glad to help."

Hoshi laughed and smacked on the shoulder a few times playfully. "You had better be." She teased. "No really. You wouldn't believe it if I told you what I was crying about." She said shaking her head. She had to looked a sight but she didn't really mind it much at least she wasn't tear choked anymore. She starched her arms high over her head. "What are you doing out this late anyway?" She asked. It had to be close to midnight. Hoshi though she would the only one out here.

Sam shrugged, "Hoshi you don't have to tell me. Anyways I am sure there is a good reason behind all of this 'fluffy-headed-ness' " Sam teased slightly and used his fingers as inverted comma's for 'fluffy-headedness'.

Sam looked at Hoshi then, "I have been on the grounds since about nine." He admitted, "I lost track of time...but I'm glad I did." he gave her a small smile.

Hoshi sniffed. There was never a good reason for fluffy-headedness. She sighed. "The moon is really big tonight. It looks like it might fall right out of the sky. Maybe that's what brought both out here. Want to go inside? I'm sure you would get in more trouble than I would. I'm already on the watch list of most prefects." She said laughing a bit at this. Hoshi hugged Sam. "You know you really are like Tohoru-kun. A great guy. I can see why Jenna like you so much." She said then let him go. Sam really was like her brother now. Both him and Knight, she still missed her brother but it wasn't so bad with them around.

Sam nodded, the moon was amazing! Sam then laughed, "Sure lets go...ha! Yeah and this is only the first year imagine what they'll think of you in a couple years time." He grinned. Sam hugged her back. He got up then and let out his hand for her to take. Sam smiled to her when she called him a great-guy, he shook it off. "Nah!" He was always quite modest when it came to compliments.

Hoshi laughed as she took his hand. "Well you are. And if my brother where here you would be like twins." She said pulling herself up off the rock. She started to walk away, being careful of the slipperier rocks. "Oh by the time we are going to leave school I will be a legend just like Fred and Gorge- Tono!" She said then put her hands together in a bow. She respected their memories greatly because they where the master Mischief makers of their time. She even called them lords. A slight breeze came from the lawn and made Hoshi's purple hair flutter. A single hair came loose from the mop on her head. It drifted over to where it was too far for them to see. It landed on a black velvet covered book. It had been saved by a passing mermaid not because she thought that Hoshi would want to come and find it later but because she didn't want the ink to drain out in the lake. The hair landed across the word Loveless which was engraved on the book in peeling gold letters, as if to cross it out.

"Come on Sam-kun" Hoshi said with the brightest smile on her face. She didn't know it at the time but she would come back and look for the book eventually. However hurtful it was to have it. It was even more hurtful for her to be without it.

Sam laughed, he had heard great stories of Fred and George and could expect that Hoshi would top their greatness. "Yeah yeah I'm a coming." Sam said trying to get over the rocks without slipping all over the place. "Aren't you going to take your book?" he asked her.

Hoshi tilted her head. "That book is at the bottom of the lake by now I think." She said looking at him confused. "I can only hope to be that good. We could be that good you know like another team before them." She said with a bright smile. The troublemakers of the past should be what they taught them in History of Magic. She didn't have that class yet but it sounded so boring!

Sam nodded, "Yeah I know! We could easily be that good." Sam finally caught up with Hoshi. "If we keep up what we're doing this year, you're already a legend at this school anyways." Sam nudged her encouragingly. "So of all the pranks you pulled how many did you get caught in?" he asked.

Hoshi gave Sam a sly smile. "I haven't been caught in any of them except maybe that one on the seventh hall but I have something planed for a little before the Yule ball so I'm trying not to get in trouble before then." She said honestly. She didn't need to get detention before then or it would ruin everything. She would pop off some steam here and there though. She couldn't go too long without calling attention to herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back