OOC First Name
Cole
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Chaser <3
Aminia could not be more excited than she was to see Eva. The two girls hadn't seen each other since they had left the school adn went their separate ways, but since Min was in New Zealand she figured it was good timing. The blonde had decided to invite Eva to visit Chaser's museum. After all, the more people that new about it the more famous it would become. Maybe it could become internationally known! The blonde hoped, whichever direction she and Chaser decided to take their lives, that he experienced happiness. Before her bitter soul would have always wanted to have more and be more successful, but she was grown now, more than before, and she knew better.

Impatience took over the veela, but when she spotted the dark, silken hair of her former school mate she jogged over. "Eva!" She greeted excitedly. "You look amazing!" She complimented, both knowing it was true and polite

When Eva’s parents had refused to let her take a mini holiday on her own, even after having promised to look for a job once returning home, the girl had had enough. Her parents were just so controlling it was unbelievable. Of course, Eva couldn’t do much but comply with her parents’ wishes, as she was still living under their roof. What really aggravated her however was the fact that she was of-age and still they tried to tell her what to do and who to see - all of those events apparently, had been just to try to set her up with some noble, high-class man. Possibly even a pureblood. But she wasn’t interested. Her and Eddie were in a rocky place, which saddened the twenty year old. At least, perhaps they could stay friends.

What made her day amongst all of this insanity going on in her life, was the fact that for the first time in a long while she was going to see an old friend. No, her only friend. As she made her way to where they had agreed on meeting, Eva realised just how she had missed Mini and how she wanted to update her on everything. Before she even had the chance to look for the blonde, she found Eva first and she whipped around, a rare, big smile on her face as she greeted Mini and took her compliment, doing the same. "Mini! Thanks, you too. I’ve missed you!" she said, giving the girl another quick hug. "So what have you been up to? Tell me everything," she said, sincerely wanting to know what was going on in Mini’s life.

Aminia was never really attuned to people's emotions and thus struggled to read any of Eva's other than happiness. Her friend smiled brightly and they embraced quickly. "Ugh I've missed you too. Things have been so absolutely bonkers! I hope you're doing great though." She said. "You look like graduating has done you well, I uhm. I'm don't with dance finally. I've been working on a book. You'll have to come see me when I'm a famous writer." She said laughing. "I thought I'd introduce you to the Banana Museum - Chaser runs it." She said, hinting that the two were on speaking terms after their break up.

"But before we go in tell me about you! What have you been up to? Find any good work?" She asked, hoping her friend had had more luck than she had so far - after all, fast food was no glamour dream.

Eva was relieved that Mini didn’t seem to ask her any questions like if she was okay straight away, she could probably see the bags under her eyes but the brunette didn’t care, it was just Mini after all. She could finally relax around her friend, even though they were in public and she could be seen by literally anyone. She laughed at the blonde’s choice of the word ‘bonkers’. Now that, she hadn’t heard in a while. She smiled weakly when her friend said she hoped graduation has done her some good. It had, in a way, but it also hadn’t done as much good as she’d wanted it to. "Wait, you’re not dancing anymore? But that was, like, your life." Maybe she had wanted a change, or perhaps realised she didn’t want to dance for the rest of her life.

Eva sighed, quickly noting how much of a change she needed herself. She needed to just get away for a while.
"Oh right, yeah, so you guys are good now, yeah? Isn’t it the oddest thing that he opened up a Banana Museum. I’m really curious about it though, I have to admit," she added, giving Mini a sideways smile. She frowned at her next question, clasping her fingers together. "I, uh...not exactly. Believe me, I’ve tried. But I’m thinking maybe I should apply to work in the ministry sometime soon, if they’ll have me. I have yet to find out in which department, however," Eva really needed to get employed and quickly. She did not want to stick around and live under the same roof as her parents who were watching her like hawks.

Aminia shook her head. "Dancing wasn't my choice. Talent doesn't make a dream you know?" She smiled gently. "My mom threatened to cut off my funds if I did not go to dance school, and slowly I realized I didn't care. I live with my father now, and he is very kind. He says I don't have to work if I do not want to, but I think working has been good for showing me how much I do not like people." She laughed. "And I suppose. We are good but not dating. He's doing well. He's following his dreams too." She laughed.

The blonde cocked an eyebrow at her friend and thought for a moment. "You would be good in the ministry. You're very professional, and well spoken. Maybe a spoke person for politic." She said with a nod. "I do not know much about the ministry here in New Zealand, what are your top choices?" She asked, holding open the door to the Museum so they could look around and talk.

Having grown up in a house with certain, specific values that were pretty conservative, Eva nodded, knowing exactly what her friend meant. In her life, the girl had hardly any dreams, because she didn’t want to be disappointed in future. Maybe her parents had been a bit cruel but then again Eva wondered if it had all been for her own protection - hers and her siblings’. She wasn’t even sure she had a talent. And if she did, who knew what that would be or would have been, had she ever had the chance to be more open and do something artistic, or sporty. But her studies had always come first to ensure a good future and in her mind she just had to grit her teeth and smile, thinking positive. She had after all only recently discovered how wrong it all seemed. And how she had been living in a bubble. "Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. You never liked danced then, did you?" Then after a moment, she said carefully, "Maybe our parents just try to do what’s best for us because sometimes they see things in us that we don’t. And sometimes, we don’t necessarily like our talents."

Eva didn’t hate her mom and dad, she couldn’t, and she was grateful for the way things had turned out, but it was their constant nagging and control that infuriated her. She giggled. "Oh, I have yet to find that out." She hoped she would find work soon, however. The sooner the better. "Well, I’m happy he’s found something he enjoys doing, even if that‘s opening a banana museum." The girl had to smile at Mini’s words and she gave her a playful light shove, taking the blonde’s words to heart. She appreciated them, but wasn’t sure how true it was. "Maybe. You know, to tell you the truth...I have no idea," she said, going inside the museum and thanking her friend for holding the door open for them both. "At first, I thought magical creatures. But now I’m thinking more a department where I can help people. I’m not exactly sure what that would be, but I’ll do my research."

Aminia thought for a moment, looking over her friend before finalizing an answer. "I think I did, I did for a long time. But as I grew I wanted to spread my wings - and I wasn't allowed." She remarked. "Slowly that just made me dislike dance, I felt like it controlled my life." That was the truth, adn while speaking completely openly was still not Mini's strong suit, she tried each and every day to be more transparent than the last. After all,. that was what would get her through all of the mess that she'd made with Chaser. "I think your parents might do what is best. My dad does what is best - but my mother thinks only for herself."

The blonde changed the subject back to Eva very quickly, not wanting to ruminate on bitter feelings toward her mother. "You have always been such a people helper, but is that going to make you happy?" Mini asked. She hoped her friend wouldn't just keep picking other people over herself - Eva really deserved happiness after all. "I don't want to sound harsh, maybe I'm just playing your big sister, but I really want you to find a job that makes you happy. Something you will always feel fulfillment in."

Eva could not relate any more than she did to what Mini was describing her life to be like. Maybe that was why they had become friends at school, they had had a similar upbringing, albeit very different situations, but the concept was still the same. She sighed, what her friend was saying reminded her too much of home when she desperately wanted to forget her complicated life now. "Why did we grow up like this, Mini?" she asked, though wasn’t expecting an actual answer. It was a rhetorical question. "You know, when I was younger, I don’t remember my parents being so controlling. Call me naive, but they actually used to care." Eva wasn’t sure what made them change all of a sudden - perhaps it was the wealth her father had received from years of working in his business. Or they decided to be this way, without much reason or consideration as to how their children would feel.
Eva didn’t comment when Aminia spoke well of her father but not so much of her mother. She figured it was best not to, after all she was all too used to the same thoughts. Except Eva’s went to both of her parents instead of just one of them. Eva was almost taken aback by Mini’s question, but she reflected upon it, wanting to give her friend her most honest reply. "Yes," she said finally, glancing at the other girl. "I’m pretty sure that’s the only thing, or one of very few, that will make me happy." She paused, unsure as to what to say next. "I guess helping people is a way for me to deal with the obstacle that is my life." The girl still didn’t know what she wanted to do, despite the answer she’d given, but hopefully she would find out soon enough. "I know Mini. And I’m grateful," she added, not wanting to sound ungrateful. She knew her friend would be there for her just like Eva would for Mini. "It’s just difficult to know right now what it is exactly that I should be doing in order for me to feel that way."

Aminia shrugged at Eva. "I ask myself that a lot. And the only answer I can come up with that makes any sense is that, it shaped me into who I am now, and I'm starting to be okay with her." Maybe it was philosophical, maybe it was just an excuse to make forgiveness easier. Whatever the reason, Aminia tried hard to both move on from and grow from who she had been. "Eva they still care about you." Aminia insisted, even though she didn't think her mother had a caring bone in her body. "Sometimes they just don't know how to show it. They want what is best so they take control and do not realize that that does not make us love them. Instead we are sad and angry." This was something Mini missed deeply about her friend, being emotionally open without fear of judgement.

The girl nodded along, showing she was listening as Eva spoke. "I'm glad." She said, referencing that Eva had decided helping people would be that fulfillment everyone deserved in life. "Maybe start small." She offered. "Like volunteer, yeah?" Aminia hoped that her ideas were welcomed, even if she didn't have many good ones. "Oh look." She pointed at the strange purple bananas, preserved by magic.
"I bought these for him as a gift." She recounted to her friend. "A long time ago." It was strange to Mini, she and Chaser had known each other for years now. "Maybe I should hook you up with his friend so he can stop bothering us." She chuckled, looking at her.

Eva could only nod in understanding, her and Mini had grown up in such similar circumstances albeit in very different situations and perhaps that was partly why they had become friends in the first place to which the former Gryffindor was grateful. She was the person that Eva could trust the most right now, apart from her siblings. She looked at her friend in surprise when she answered her question, something she hadn’t expected seeing as the other girl had a good reply to it. "I guess you’re right," she admitted. "Maybe I shouldn’t be so hard on my parents, even if they have always made me feel trapped," she added, glancing at Aminia as she said this. She valued her friend’s opinion a lot and she briefly wondered if that last statement she had just made sounded too soft, too nice. She sighed, feeling guilty that Mini was trying so hard to cheer her up and yet she was here giving excuses to try not to forgive her parents so easily for how they made her feel for years. "You’re right," she submitted, feeling defeated and just...tired.
"I’m just sick of how they’re acting as if I can’t see right through them. And speaking to them...it’s difficult. I wouldn’t even be able talk to them about my problems, because they seem so distant." She sighed. Thinking once more about what Mini was saying made her wonder if the girl was also reflecting about her issues and not just giving Eva advice. She considered her friend’s idea. "Yeah, volunteering sounds good actually. I don’t know where I could do that, however, but I’m sure if I ask some of my family I could find something. Unless, you know a place?" she persisted, pretty sure Aminia knew of something. Eva giggled at her friend when she pointed to a bunch of purple bananas. How were those even real? "Wow," she said, impressed. "How do those even exist?! It’s incredible," she breathed, happy to be momentarily distracted. She raised an eyebrow, though Mini’s intentions were probably all good, she didn’t exactly do setups. "Oh uh, thanks for the offer, but I don’t think that’s such a good idea. Setups usually don’t work out for me," she said with a laugh. All of the ones her parents had attempted for her never ended in a positive light.

Aminia had no problem lending an ear to her friend. As she had grown older she had learned more about empathy and caring, more about not being so selfish and only seeing herself. The world was too large to only see one person. "It's okay to be hard on people, even if you love them." Aminia offered. "We in society believe that if they are family you must be a certain level of respectful and overlook things that hurt us, and that isn't true. If they have done you wrong they should be accountable at least." She spoke, thinking more of her own mother, and the lack of apologizing the woman had done.

Aminia thought, wondering if she knew anything that would work. "Well, there is a charity business that did many functions that I and my sisters would attend when we were younger and not in school. Shannara's run the charity - I could always try and put you in touch with them!" She offered, not one hundred percent sure if that would be something Eva would enjoy. "You could also always talk to the zoo or maybe the ministry about an internship rather than a full time job." She suggested. She laughed at Eva's mention of set ups not working. "Linnux is a lot to handle I'll agree. He is like Beetlejuice, say his name three times and he will probably appear." She laughed. "What do you think, shall I set you up with the charity business?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back