Jeremy Thorne

Emergency Dept Healer | Hattie's Dad
OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sitting with his back to the door of the room, Jeremy flipped to the next page of his textbook and continued reading. He was thoroughly engrossed in his Charms textbook, reading about the charm that they would be working on during the next lesson. The boy had a quill in his hand and every so often he would jot down a note in the margin of the textbook or underline something he deemed important. The teen was concentrating deeply, a furrow in his brow as he absorbed the words as best he could. His concentration was so deep that he didn't even notice any noise going on around him. It was as if he were in his own little world when in fact he was sitting in the student lounge.

Shifting slightly in his seat, the boy glanced up and to the side as he heard the door open and close. In another second, he noticed a student older than him take a seat on one of the sofas. He nodded to the student and returned to his reading, fairly certain the guy would not be a nuisance of any kind. Flipping to the final page of the chapter, Jeremy began to read, hoping that he would be undisturbed for a minute more.

Georgiana pushed the door open to the student lounge which always seemed to stick so you'd have to use alot of weight against it and then it'd bang open, at least that's what always happen to her. So she tried to make her presence in the room very much the opposite of her loud enterance as she move over to the chairs to pull out her books as she waited for one of her classmates to join her for studying. The good thing about the LOunge was that it wasn't the Library so no one really could say to quiet down because this was the place to hang out and play games eespecially when the cold months were upon the school. Glancing around she noticed one boy that she hoped she wasn't going to have to be nice to ever again. Her boyfriend's best friend wasn't someone she could easily get along with, and yet she got along with everybody, but this boy made it impossible last time they had talked. So instead of saying hello or waving she pulled out her notes to look over even though there wasn't a test coming up soon. Georgiana was begining to turn into a regular Ravenclaw all Logan's fault of course.

OOCOut of Character:
SOrrrrryyyyyY!!!!

Jeremy glanced up as he finished the page, ready to close the book and open another. The Ravenclaw student was trying his best to get ahead in his readings because he knew he would be falling behind a bit when quidditch really kicked in. His eyes fell on a girl, one he knew even if they both wished they didn't. It was Georgiana, the girlfriend of his once best friend, Logan. His relationship with his housemate had cooled after an incident that Jeremy was now embarrassed to have taken part in. It had resulted in a self-imposed exile on his part, though he was nearly one hundred percent certain that Logan was probably happy to not have to deal with him. Jeremy wouldn't have wanted to deal with his fourth year self either. He'd been miserable, taking his own hurt feelings out on whomever he could.

As the near quiet in the room continued, Jeremy contemplated going over to her and saying something. He knew she deserved an apology just as much as he deserved a good slap in the face for how rude he'd been to her. Scraping his chair back, Jeremy resigned him to doing the right thing. He was a prefect after all and figured he might as well live up to the badge. Strolling over with his hands in his pocket, Jeremy stopped right in front of the girl. "Um...Georgiana? Can I talk to you for a sec?" he mumbled, his gaze drifting to the floor.

Georgiana shifted in her seat and managed to cross her legs as her eyes zoomed across the page of the book that was laying on the table across from her. Her moment of just reading to read came to a halt when a voice broke her concetration, or really it was the noise of a chair being move across from her that first brought her back to the physical world but the voice was what made her look up. In front of her stood a boy roughly two years older then her and by looking over her uniform she noted he was also a prefect. Her mind instantly shot out to her thoughts wondering how he managed to convince the Professors he was capable of the title for she hadn't seen an ounce of Prefect potential when she had spoken with him before.

"If you have too, but I'm waiting for people so if they come you won't be able to hang around," she replied back to him her face already turning back towards her book that was opened on the table. Her eyes skimmed the last paragraph she had been reading before she was interupted while she waited for Jeremy to go on.

Jeremy's eyes shot up at her response and he gave her a hard look. He had been all ready to apologize and she was behaving like a...person who'd been treated quite rudely by him in the past, he realized. "I don't want to hang around so that works out well for both of us" he retorted, unable to keep himself from responding to her. As she began to read again, Jeremy had half a mind to tell her to forget it and walk away, and he nearly did too.

"Listen" he began, deciding to stand his ground and just get it out. He was tired of feeling guilty about his behavior. He knew they'd never be the best of friends but he was willing to settle for them not hating each other. "I just wanted to apologize for...you know" he said, slipping one hand out and waving it slightly. There, that should do it he thought to himself, pleased that he'd gotten through the apology easily enough.

"Good," she responded shortly as she shifted in her seat and managed get her legs indian style on her seat. After spending so much time with her Grandmother on her Indian Reservation she found the position to be quite comfortable no matter what she was sitting on. Her hand rested on her book as she looked up to the face of the boy across the table from her. His apology came out lacking in her opinion which at first made her start to giggle and then she was laughing her other hand moving up to cover her mouth. "That's it? You except me to believe you? That was the worse apology in the world," she managed to say as her laughter subsided. Georgiana wasn't sure how he was going to react to her reaction but she didn't really care, Jeremy was the first person she truely disliked in her life, almost to the point of hating and it wasn't because he was mean to her. It all had to do with her boyfriend Logan, the two boys were no longer best friends as they once had been and it was mostly Jeremy's fault. But he was te one who had to admit it.

Jeremy bit back the urge to retort with 'Fine,' realizing that it would only prolong the conversation. He wasn't trying to stay any longer than he had to. It was clear to him that Georgiana did not like him, and although she had good reason to feel that way, Jeremy didn't find it necessary to subject himself to any of her rudeness for any longer than was absolutely necessary. When she began laughing at him, Jeremy gaped at her dumbstruck. She was laughing...actually laughing at his apology.

Does she expect something else? he thought to himself, quickly running through what he'd said. He didn't think he'd sounded like he was joking and the two certainly weren't friendly enough for him to want to joke with her. "I'm trying to be serious here" he said, annoyance lacing his words. "Listen...all I want to do is apologize for being a jerk to you. I had things going on but that still didn't make it alright for me to take out on you. If you want to laugh at my apology, fine." He slammed his book shut and picked up his bag to begin shoving things in, his cheeks turning slightly pink at the embarrassment of being laughed at. "I'm outta here" he mumbled to himself. "I knew I shouldn't have bothered" he continued to grumble.

As Georgiana sat back in her chair she watched with a smile as her face as the older boy across from her got more worked up. "Sure you are," she mumbled back to him at his first retort to her. He hadn't even told her what he was sorry for and expected her to accept his apology. Now he went off giving her a full apology what she had wanted in the first place. "First off, Thorne, your first apology sucked. You didn't even get passed a mumble let alone a proper apology," Georgiana said slamming her own book while standing up. Soon others in the room were going to notice their behavior and she knew they needed to bring it down but he was begining to show his jerk side again even being a Prefect didn't stop it. Her arms crossed in front of her as she walked from behind her side of the table. "I did nothing but try to be friends with you and yet you had to ruin every possibility of that. Do you know Logan might drop out and be homeschooled? No you wouldn't because you don't talk anymore," she was more disappointed with Jeremy then mad at him now. She didn't want her boyfriend to leave school and it was causing her to react sensitivly to things lately since he mentioned it. Slumping down she leaned against the table looking away from the Prefect standing nearby. "Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like that, it's just so confli-," her voice lead off and she shook her head figuring he wouldn't care about her issues.

Jeremy hated confrontations, yet every time they were in a room together, one seemed to occur. And, this time there was no Logan to stop them. Jeremy knew that only his self-control or Georgiana's would contain this one. He ignored her jibe, hastily stuffing his book into his bag and throwing his quill like a javelin inside. He didn't even bother to look up, so when she slammed her own book on the table, he flinched. Looking up in surprise, he watched the shorter, younger girl come up to him before she began speaking again.

He held his bag in front of him, his only defense should she attempt to curse him or hit him. All thought of his being a wizard and possessing a wand having fled the teenaged boy. Her words utterly shocked him. He'd had no idea about Logan and felt a twinge of guilt upon hearing the news. As she paused, Jeremy's eyes narrowed but when he spoke, he didn't sound nearly as angry as he sounded before. Instead, he sounded more inquisitive and confused. "Are you saying it's my fault?" He hoped it wasn't. Logan had been the best friend he'd ever had and their lack of communication was a very sore spot for Jeremy. He hated that he'd lost his friend.

Jeremy had glanced away for a second as he had thought about this, but he looked back up when Georgiana began to speak again. As she apologized, he looked away and then shook his head slowly. "Don't apologize. I deserved that" he replied seriously. When he looked back at her, his blue eyes locked onto hers. " Logan can't leave. Is he seriously thinking of leaving?" he asked, his voice breaking slightly over the words. He was unwilling to accept the news.

Georgiana half turned from Jeremy not having much else to say to him. She didn't mean for what Logan was planning to slip to his ex-best friend but it did. Not being happy at all about the move her boyfriend was intending to make the young girl sat down in her chair seeing her friends coming into the room. But being with a Prefect seemed to keep them over by the door, most likely thinking she was in trouble and they wouldn't want to get caught in the middle of it all with detention.

Georgie was disappointed in her boyfriend's decision but understood his intentions. Back home Riley would be able to teach him for free and he'd get more chances to see his family. It was one reason why her brother switched to the Salem school it was alot closer to home then Hogwarts New Zealand, even going to Hogwarts England would be closer. Glancing up at Jeremy she realized she didn't bother caring how he was feeling, she was already missing Logan. Most of her time was spent with him which meant when he left most of her life would be over.

Jeremy stared at Georgiana for a moment longer, wondering if she would have something...anything more to say. It quickly became apparent to him that she didn't and as he glanced around the room he noticed a group of younger students. They were likely her friends. "So...that's it then?" he asked, placing his bag on his shoulders. The group seemed to be keeping to the other side of the room, probably because of him. One thing he'd noticed since receiving his prefect badge was that it caused people to behave oddly.

The Ravenclaw teenager didn't know what to say. That Logan was really going to leave was a huge surprise to him. He wondered whether he would have enough time to apologize and make amends. "I won't keep you any longer since your friends are here" he said, his blue eyes sweeping over to the corner where they were standing and attempting to not listen. "At least you've got 'em. Don't push them away like I did with Logan" he added wistfully as he walked towards the door of the lounge. He didn't bother saying goodbye to Georgiana. They would be seeing each other around, like it or not.

Georgiana continued to look down at the floor till she heard his footsteps moving away from her. Looking up sadly she wondered if everything could go back the way it was before she had met Jeremy, prehaps in the way they had met things were already planned to go down hill. "Uh," her voice made as she stood her friends rushing over asking her all sorts of questions though her eyes were locked onto the retreating back of someone she had once hoped to be friends with. The young girl still blamed herself for the downfall that happened between her boyfriend and his former best friend. Pushing her way through the crowd of friends that cocooned herself from the door and the path Jeremy was taking she began to run full speed towards the door and out to the hall looking every direction for the older boy. Taking off after him she ignored the shouts from the students she almost ran over including a Prefect and ran up to Jeremy taking ahold of his forearm. "Jeremy, wait," she breathed out, her body was pumping with adrenaline and not feeling the muscles that weren't used to running quite yet. "I don't think he hates you. I don't either," she said looking up into the eyes of the Ravenclaw alredy hearing the shouts of the Prefect who was tracking her down. It was just like her to get in trouble by trying to be nice, she never seemed to get anywhere when being nice to Jeremy.

As the Ravenclaw left the room, he stuffed his hands in his pockets as he headed away from the Student Lounge. He heard a small commotion behind him, but didn't bother turning to look because he frankly didn't care. It had nothing to do with him. Jeremy was just about to go around a corner, no specific destination in mind, when he felt someone take hold of his forearm. He turned, not surprised at all to see Georgiana there. He removed his arm from her grip but continued to stand there while she attempted to catch her breath.

As she spoke, he did something he didn't always do when Georgiana's mouth opened. He listened, no snarky comments in thoughts or coming out of his mouth. "Oh" he said, slightly surprised to hear what she said. His blue eyes looked directly at her and she seemed to be telling the truth. He found the information somewhat comforting because even though he wouldn't say so out loud, Jeremy didn't want anyone to hate him. It hurt him that he and Georgiana simply couldn't get along no matter how hard he tried, not that he'd ever really put in any effort to transform her opinion of him. Scratching the back of his head, Jeremy looked down to the ground, but looked back up when he heard a student shouting. It was a prefect, one who seemed pretty upset with Georgiana. "I don't really hate you either" he said before pulling out his book and holding it up. "Why thank you Georgiana! I really need this book. Thanks for chasing after me to give it to me" he said in a loud voice so that the prefect could hear. The disgruntled expression on the prefect's face changed to a slightly more approving one as she noticed Jeremy's badge on his bag.

OOCOut of Character:
eek, Laura changed the plans on me, he is going to Beauxbatons so just pretend that's what she said, lol. and sorry for taking awhile to get back to you!

Georgiana nodded to the boy infront of her still annoyed but now because of another Prefect. When Jeremy shooed the other person along giving him a lame excuse she almost wanting to laugh knowing it wasn't true but she was grateful to him. "Thanks," she said glancing over her shoulder to the retreating back of the Prefect. There was something different about Jeremy that really irked her, more so then other people and she couldn't put her finger on it but she knew that whatever the thing was, was behind her now. She forgave him and he did the same to her, they were on a brand new slate. "I'm not sure if we've ever had a decent greeting before, I'm Georgiana Night third year Gryffindor. I love the outdoors and suprisingly to study, which is a new thing to me because of my boyfriend," she said with a wink asking him to play along with her. When they first meet they learned instantly all the bad qualities about each other and there hadn't been much of a chance for the good to come out which was what Georgiana was trying create now.

OOCOut of Character:
:p Jeremy would still be just as upset so it's all good.
Jeremy hoped that the lame excuse would go a long way towards helping his relationship with Georgiana and he was grateful that the prefect decided not to pursue the issue and left the two of them to continue their conversation. He nodded in return to Georgiana's thank you and then stuffed the book back into his bag. He wasn't sure whether he'd ever be entirely comfortable around her, but he now knew that when she wanted to she could be fairly tolerable. It was all he could hope for, for now anyway. Friendships took work and they had only begun speaking, and not yelling, with each other. If he could get things back on track with the Gryffindor, it made him hopeful that he could regain his friendship with Logan. They had, at least, had some nice moments before their friendship had soured.

Listening, an amused expression crossed Jeremy's face. He chuckled slightly as she finished and held out his hand. "It's very nice to meet you Georgiana. I'm Jeremy Thorne, fifth year Ravenclaw prefect. I like reading and practicing quidditch." He smiled, a genuine one that even reached his blue eyes. "As a matter of fact, I have a practice to get to in a few moments. Our teams are going to be playing soon and I hear that the Gryffindor team has a hell of a Keeper" he grinned, knowing full well that Georgiana was that person.

Georgiana smiled at the older boy infront of her, he may have two years on her but she now felt much more on the same level with him. "I heard just about the same about her, though she also seems to cheer for Ravenclaw when her team isn't playing them, so I don't know maybe keep that in mind," she said with a wink then laugh. Of course now she wouldn't have much of a reason to cheer for Ravenclaw, it'd be pointless to even where her boyfriends jumper once he didn't belong to the house or school anymore but she didn't mention that. Georgiana smiled lightly as she realized she called the sweater a jumper in her mind like her boyfriend did, his manners were really rubbing off on her and she wondered how much she'd actually miss him when he was gone. "I'll be seeing out on the field next time we meet I guess," she said to her new friend as a way to begin to end their conversation, so he could get to practice. Him being a chaser she was sure they'd be head-to-head on the field against each other.

Laughing alongside Georgiana was something that Jeremy would certainly need to get used to. He was so used to their screaming matches, but this was a welcome change. He scratched his chin, still smiling. "I will" he replied. With Logan leaving, he couldn't expect her to keep cheering for a team that she didn't really have any connection with. As she spoke, he nodded. "I guess we will." He took a step away and then turned around. "I still won't take it easy on you on the field" he said good-naturedly. They were more friendly now, but on the field they would still be competitors and he wanted her to know.

OOCOut of Character:
I like your siggy ^_^

Georgiana smiled at Jeremy thinking of him as an almost friend now compared to how they used to be with eachother. It was nice to be able to talk to him and she was glad he saved her from getting a couple of dententions. Now she had to get back to her study group where awhole bunch of questions were going to pop up at her and she didn't really want to deal with them at all. "Sure you won't, that's probably better anyway," she said with a laugh to his back once he had turned away from her to go on his way. She waved in case he looked back to see her then turned and began to walk slowly back to the Student Lounge, not wanting to do any work.

OOCOut of Character:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back