A long over due get together.

Carlisle Moonlight

OOC First Name
Michael
Wand
Elder 16 1/2" Essence Of Crystallized Dragon Fire
Carlisle made his was down the winding, stepping stone covered path down to the lake side. A Just before he got their he turned down the rather less sued and almost overgrown path that he had shown Andy before. This led through the tree's and bushes to a brilliant mini inlet like place with golden white sand and warm shallow waters that led to the deep.. He pulled himself up onto his favorite boulder and looked out over the glistening waters. Little creatures swam and moved about in the small rock pools they called home. With a sigh he thought of what he would say. He wasn't even quite sure of how he was feeling at the moment. He lay back slowly and let out an almost purring hum that vibrated his chest softly. The tune was slow and peaceful and almost enough to put someone asleep. And so he would wait, watching the vast waters and mountains as he hummed.

Andy had been a little taken aback when Carlisle had passed her the note at the end of the meeting, she had waited for every one to leave before finally being able to go to meet him. She was nervous, not knowing what to expect. It had been quite some time now since they had spoken at all, if he wanted to scream and shout at her she knew he was justified in a sense for how she dumped him but maybe he would give her the opportunity to finally explain herself properly.

She headed down to the lake to the spot where they had often gone together, when she spotted him on the boulder she smiled and simply watched him for a moment before finally heading over to him.
"Hi" she finally had a uniform that fitted her perfectly, Andy had grown another inch and her hair had gotten longer as well in the months they hadn't spoken. She felt changed over the events of those months, more mature and less volatile.
"How are you?" it was lame but she didn't know how else to greet him.

Carlisle heard a voice behind him that could be none other then Andromeda's. A smile touched his lips and he pulled himself into a handstand before flipping off the boulder and landing almost gracefully onto the golden white sand of the beach, not a a feet in front of her. He took a rather formal bow and with yet another of his odd smiled said, "Afternoon M'lady.." But, try as he might, his smile faded slightly as he rose. For a moment he forgot himself as he looked over her. He had almost forgotten how beautiful she looked, now ever more so. But he could never forget the eyes. Those brilliant..amber..eyes. He snapped back to reality to hear her ask how he was. He merely gave a chuckle before moving over to one of the rock pools. "Come Come" He beckoned her over. Asking how he was? What nonsense. Into one of the larger rock pools, his eyes trailed. Within it was one of the largest Anemone anyone would have seen around here. Big enough to put your hand in it. Once she had come over, "Now... put your hand on the pad in the middle.." Once people placed their hand on the sensitive pad of the Anemone its tickling tentacles would suckle off the hand, though this kind didn't give off the shock that its cousins would have.

Andy smiled as he did one of his hand stands, something she had always thought highly amusing. She noted the faltered smile of his own as if he had suddenly remembered that they weren't exactly friends or anything to each other anymore. He made his way over to what seemed like a rock pool and beckoned her to follow him, completely ignoring her question. Was he going to pretend like nothing had ever happened? Like she hadn't stomped on his heart? She could cope with him if he was angry with her but she knew that shows of anger were not necessarily his way. He had always been able to calm her, keep her from blowing her top completely.

Hesitantly she followed him over and looked in the rock pool. The anemone within it was huge and she couldn't help but grin. He told her to put her hand on it and at first she resisted until eventually she reached her hand out and carefully touched the inner pad. The sensation was beyond ticklish. The tentacles seemed to be trying to suck on her hand. Slowly she moved her hand back again, the smile fading from her face as she pushed her hair behind her ears and turned to look at him.
"You didn't ask me to come here to show me this. Why did you want to see me?"

Andy pulled her hand from the Anemone and turned to him with a more serious look. She said that he had not asked her to come her so she could see the Anemone and why did he want to see her. Carlisle sat back, the smile instantly flushing away from his face. "Well I must say.. You do have a sense for the point Andromeda" His eyes flickered golden for a moment before he pulled himself to his feet. "Of course I didn't ask you here to check out the Anemone.. that would just be ridiculous..... fun... but ridiculous" He walks around taking slow, long strides for a moment before resting his elbows on a boulder that was behind her and looked out to the waters beyond. "I asked you here for.. well a few reasons I suppose" He paused the slightest crease of his brow forming. "There's no point in yelling at you.." His voice had dropped to just over a murmur. "Im not even sure I could." Why couldn't this brilliant day be spent in some other way? "You hurt me.." He refused to look at her.. only the near endless blue waters of the lake.

She watched him walk about, knowing at some stage he would get to the point but nervous at the same time. Andy wasn't sure she wanted to be here when he finally did tell her, he deserved his pound of flesh from her though that much was certain.

The three words cut her like a knife, he hadn't needed to say anything else. She had remained sitting by the rock pool and now closed her eyes when she heard those prophetic words.
"You hurt me"

As she opened them once more she glanced up at him then turning away as if the very sight of him was too painful.
"I know" she couldn't deny it and certainly couldn't very well deny his pain, "I didn't mean to. I hadn't wanted to ... I was.. I thought I was doing what would be best for you in the long run."
She had practised a thousand times how she would speak to him if they ever had this meeting but now that she was here, nothing was coming out as she wanted it to. She was simply making a right mess of everything, as always.

"Best for me in the long run..." There was a long pause. "Did you ever think that you aren't as bad as you think you are... That you don't destroy lives.. Or that maybe people want.. no.. love you to be around.." He kept his voice as even as all possible, "That I.. loved having you around" His eyes blazed gold as they always did when he was like this. "There is not better off if your not apart of it.." Carlisle looked down to Andy before him. "You aren't a curse.. you never where.. and you never will be.." He was well aware that she had probably already been told this and gotten over her steel heart.. But he still needed to say it. "So..So I suggest you open up your eyes to the world around you and take a damn chance..Getting hurt is never as bad as not trying at all". He moved out from behind the boulder to the very waters edge and stood there. His breath matching the gentle waves.

Andy listened to him, convinced that it was the most he had said in one instance. She gulped but couldn't look up into the eyes that flashed gold. Finally his speech ended and Andy could see from the corner of her eye that he had moved to the waters edge. She couldn't say anything for a while, didn't seriously know what to say to him. Standing up she brushed down her skirt and turned to look out over the lake as well.

"You're right. About all of it. I did think I was cursed, I did think everyone was better off without me in their lives. I don't think that way anymore" she glanced over at him, "My uncle died and all I wanted to do was wallow in my own grief. For crying out loud I'm only 15 years old, I'd already lost my father and grandfather. I couldn't cope, I admit it. I couldn't and instead of leaning on my friends and you, I ... I pushed you all away. It was my way of dealing with it. It didn't work of course but how was I to know that at the time."

She stepped away scuffing her shoe on the ground.
"I have been taking chances Carlisle, each one blowing up in my face but I'm still here. I'm still fighting out another day. Sometimes getting hurt just wears a person down but I am trying" Andy looked over to where he stood.

"I'm sorry. I really am".

Andy said about her uncles death and how she was still trying. How hard it must be for her to do so after losing so much. And yet here she stood. Was ready to face and wrath he would unleash. But he had no wrath for her. He probably never would.. Truth be told he still held feelings for her. His eyes flickered back to their calm blue as she said she was sorry once more. A slight smile touched his lips.. The rest of this day wasn't going to waste.. not if he could help it. In an instant he was behind Andy with his arms around her in a gentle hug. His head came around to rest on her shoulder with a chuckle, "All is forgiven.. As long as you let us be friends we can call it quits.. this really isn't the day to waste on the past.." Carlisle drew a breath for a content sigh and drew in her scent also. He had quite forgotten what it did to him. It was just something he was going to have to get over.. though how he hadn't figured out yet. He resisted the urge to do something for a few moments longer before releasing her and moving off to the side of her slightly. He glanced over at her once composing himself again and asked, "So what do'you say?".

It was all Andy wanted to hear that they could be friends, she had no intention of getting involved with anyone ever again for quite some time. What was the point? Her heart needed to feel simply light and carefree, she was determined to have fun now and not allow any heartache to mar the rest of her time at school. Boys were great as friends and perhaps for occasional snogging but anything more was out of the question, for now at least.

His arms about her lingered and she closed her eyes for a moment remembering, until thankfully he told her in his own words that the day must not be wasted on the past and he was so right. She smiled and nodded her head.
"What do you have in mind?" it really was a beautiful day and after the pep talk she had given the Gryffindors earlier on she felt she could do with some serious down time.

She smiled and asked him what he wanted to do. "You know in all honesty.. I have no idea" He took a look around them for a few moments as his smile grew. "But as long as we are here... how about a swim?" Without waiting for her to answer He started stripping down to his long legged pants. He rolled his shoulders that were adorned with the scars that went all over his back and part of his chest. "I've seen yours, you've seen mine.. no need to be self conscious" And with that he sprinted forward and launched into the air, streaking down into the warmer waters and spiraling down under it. after playing under the water for a moment he came up for a breath. "Come on slow poke" He said with a roll of his eyes as he waited for her to enter.

Andromeda had forgotten how free Carlisle was in himself and how he had never cared how scarred either of them was. She still couldn't help looking away as he undressed and dove into the water and when he called her slowpoke she was so tempted to simply take his clothes and leave but she didn't. At first she watched him swimming and then called out to him.
"Alright but turn away will you?" she didn't care that he had seen a scar on her shoulder months ago, this was now and completely different.

Andy pulled her sweater over her head and took her time folding it and placing it on the rock. She was nervous and her actions were screaming this fact. Clumsily she undid the buttons of her blouse before slipping that off as well and placing it neatly on top of her sweater. She couldn't look to see whether or not he was watching her as she undid the clip on her skirt and unzipped it before stepping out of it and placing that with the rest of her things. Her flat black pumps she simply kicked off until at last she stood in only her white cotton undergarments.

As far as she knew she had never been this much undressed around him before, he had pulled her in fully clothed at one point but it wasn't the same thing. Not even slightly. Her hair was still loose about her shoulders, having no band to pull it back into as she moved closer to the water and dove in. Finally surfacing she let the water pour over her as she broke through.

"Happy now?" she ventured a smile, wondering if this was even a smart move for either of them.

Carlisle turned away from her in the water as she had asked. His eyes trailing out over the waters that glistened. He could here a lot of fumbling coming from her part.. she must be nervous. At last he heard her dive in and turned to see her surfacing, the water pouring over her shoulders. He stopped there stunned for a moment, barely registering what she had asked him. After regaining himself slightly he murmured, "Beautiful.." with a smile touching his lips before he let himself lay back into the water and float. He stayed like this for a few moments, properly composing himself once more before swimming back around her, "You know we should totally do this more often.." He dove under for a moment before launching himself as high as he could in the air and coming down into the water again a few feet ahead of her. He surfaced ab out a foot away and gave her abit of a splash and poked out his tongue.

She had thought she had heard the word 'beautiful' but wasn't sure at all. She had never been sure around Carlisle, he was always so much more aware of himself and his surroundings and even her than she was herself or at least had been. Treading water she saw him as he shot up in the air to land infront of her again.
"Well we probably would have but... " of course she had to let her sentence trail off, this was sheer lunacy. Could they really be friends? Who was she kidding? They had been so close once, to go from that to nothing at all and now to them both making mediocre attempts at friendship. Andromeda thought it was the worst soap opera ever run.

When he dove under water again and resurfaced, splashing her and sticking his tongue out Andy who would normally have stuck her own back at him and splashed him in return, simply couldn't this time. Instead she swam for the shore and climbed out, more aware than ever of her damp clothing but not caring as she began to pull her skirt and jumper on. There was no point putting on her blouse it would only get soaked.
"This is insane Carlisle, I can't do this. I thought I could but I can't. If we're going to try to be friends after everything... then smaller steps." tiny iddy biddy ones for me to catch my bearings she chided herself.

He waited for a moment before his expression started to fall as Andy left for shore. Was it something he said? Did she hear him? Carlisle you idiot...You expected this to work? More importantly, You trusted yourself not to make a comment for the whole time? It was true. He had. He actually thought that if he brought her down here and had some fun.. maybe have a swim then things would be fine. But it never really works like that does it. Or at least... It never really works like that for him.

"This is insane Carlisle, I can't do this. I thought I could but I can't. If we're going to try to be friends after everything... then smaller steps."

He moved just close enough to shore that he could touch the ground, his shoulders above the water. He paused to make sure his voice was even, "What like Saying hi as we pass in the corridors.." He glanced down to the water that surrounded him. Yes he was attracted to her.. But he could behave himself if it was needed. Perhaps even hold his ever free tongue once and a while..

Andy pulled her the sleeves of her sweater down over her hands and then yanked her sodden hair out that had been tucked inside her jumper before turning to him, still bare foot.
"Now you're just making fun of me!" she shook her head, seriously wondering why she had even come down here. Hoping they could be friends but swimming in all but the buff was not condusive to a healthy friendship and simply passing one another in a corridor saying only 'hi' certainly wasn't either.

"I'm trying to take this seriously here but it's like a game to you. Everything is always a game, well I'm sorry but I've had to grow up alot ok. So I tend not to see the funny side in every stupid situation. I want us to be friends. I do Carlisle but..." she was beyond exasperated with him and herself now, "It can't pick up where we left off. I can't simply bare my body and ..." she was about to say soul but stopped herself just in time, remembering hers was pretty damned any ways, "ok that's pretty much what I just did there... oh, this is just crazy".

She turned and began to clumsily put her shoes back on. Andy was more mad at herself than anything, there would always be feelings there for him she could never deny that to herself but she would be damned that she would admit them to anyone else, especially him. She was not prepared to go down that route again with any boy for a very long time to come.

"Your trying to be serious...." Carlisle looked at her. "Friendship isn't about being serious... It isn't about planning" He spread his arms. "It isn't about picking up where you left off... its giving yourself to the risk of the moment and going with it. Doing what you want and what you feel is right" His eye's made contact with her's. "And if that's crazy.. then i'm crazy.. and you should probably walk away.." He turned from her to look out to the waters and mountains. Yet again he had gone to the risk of inviting her down here, asking her to swim. And yet again it had come back in his face. Why did it come to this always? Honestly.. Sometimes he rather wondered why he had decided to choose the nicer side of life. Because there's always that part of you that hopes for something better the thought brushed his mind as a murmur and he sighed. His shoulders rising and falling slowly.

Andromeda sat on top of the boulder as he began to talk to her, once again he got all deep and serious himself though his conversation matter disputed this. She pulled her legs up under her chin and tucked her skirt around her before hugging her legs close to her, resting her chin completely on her knees she simply looked at him and could not help but smile. He was still as handsome as ever, he could still act all noble and attempt to feign at risk taking but what risks was he taking today? Was asking her down here really that much of one? Was diving in for a swim such a huge risk factor for him?

"If everyone did what they wanted then it would be a very dangerous world indeed Carlisle. We have rules and regulations for a reason, people need limiatations and yes, even friendships need to have them too" she could not help but smile as she stretched her long limbs out infront of her and rested her hands at her sides on the boulder .
"And anyway, I've always known you were crazy... do you want me to walk away? Would that make it easier for you? Instead of dealing you get to be all high and mighty, take the moral high ground and mourn the fact that Andy left you again."

"No?" He fell back, floating on top of the water again. "In most circumstances yes.. that would suit me rather well I suppose.." He gave a thoughtful look to the skies. "I was actually hoping you would do the opposite and get back in for a swim but" You wouldn't believe how unbelieved difficult it is to shrug when your floating atop water but Carlisle somehow managed it. He lay there for a for minutes letting the warmth of the rest beam down onto his chest.

Carlisle went back to his humming, peaceful tune that seemed to fit perfectly with the rustle of leaves in the gentle breeze. After a few more minutes he asked, "If you could be anywhere...doing anything... what would it be?" The hum returned after his question as he waited for an answer. The clouds gently curled into shapes in the sky above.

"I'm sure you were very eager for a half naked girl to get back in the lake with you" she smiled and when he asked her what it was she'd liked to do, Andy didn't need to think hard on this one at all, she lay back on the boulder and placed her hands behind her head staring directly up into the sky.
"I'd be up there, as high as I could reach going at incredible speeds" the clouds over head seemed to be scudding by lazily and she smiled at them. The sky itself was such a beautiful curealan blue and the sun dazzled brightly over head. It was a beautiful day, almost a perfect day.
"What about you?"

"Well of course? Who wouldn't?" He rolled his eyes with a laugh. He looked over to her gazing turning to the skies. She would be up there. flying faster then anyone could imagine in the endless sea of blue skies. He smiled gently at the thought. She asked where he would be and he chuckled, "At the moment... here" He pulled himself up onto a smooth rock that came out of the water The water running off him in shining droplets. He rested his head back with a smile. "I couldn't think of a better place to be.." Especially with her there with him. Or maybe that was the main reason.. That she was there. Whatever it was this is where he wanted to be for the moment.

His answer to her question made her turn to look at him, she sat up and watched as he pulled himself onto a flat rock, unable to stop herself from watching how the water glistened across his body. She knew every scar he had, had trailed her fingers across them on numerous occasions. Andy blinked and turned her head away, biting her lip. How could they be friends when there had always been this type of tension between them? She wondered how much of his reason for being here was based on the fact that she was here with him. It was a somewhat conceited thought but she couldn't help but think it.

"You mean you wouldn't prefer the forest? Hanging out of trees, running through the thicket?" she peered down at him once more keeping her gaze firmly on his face and hair.

"In a forest you say?" He gave an expression of thought came across his face. "Well that would depend I suppose". He turned over over his back, letting the sun dry off his back slightly. He rolled his shoulders as it did for a moment. "I must say.. you did look very pretty in the water" A smile touched his lips before He rested his head back against the warm stone. Once more the peaceful tune came to him. His humming vibrating the air gently. Soon after the hum formed into gentle words. It seemed to be an ancient lullaby like song. If there was one thing that Carlisle could be praised for it would be his voice.. He had a wonderful voice. It enchanted people as well as any story teller could. His words weaving a world of imagination.

He left his sentence hanging there and Andy looked at him slightly perplexed.
"Well... that depends on what?" Carlisle rolled over on to his back and Andy startled by the sudden movement and the rise and fall of his chest, decided that looking away again was the saver option by far. Of course as soon as he told her she looked pretty in the water, she couldn't resist picking up a pebble and tossing it at him.
"Not so bad yourself" she muttered as he began to hum a tune. Andy missed this, his music his ability to just make her relax. She closed her eyes as he began to sing softly as well and lay back on the boulder once more to allow the words to drift over her like a comforting blanket.

The heat of the sun and his hypnotic voice began to lull her soothingly, until without meaning to Andromeda dozed off to sleep.

"Well.. I suppose it depends.. Who's with me and what time?" He chuckled slightly as a pebble came his way. moving just enough for it to pass and skip across the water. A few minutes after he had started humming he glanced over to Andy to find her fast asleep. He gave a sigh, "I really must learn to stop doing that" After pulling himself to his feet, Carlisle once more dove back into the water. He surfaced near shore before walking the rest of the way. He picked his wand up and waved it over himself, drying himself in an instant. Andy looked so peaceful as she slept.

He moved over to her as quietly as possible, scooping her up into his arms gently. She'd end up burning to a crisp out on the rock... and she certainly wouldn't forgive him for that. Moving over to a more shaded by still warm spot, he laid her down onto the grass. Carlisle pulled a strand of hair from her face as he looked over her before quickly coming to his senses and removing his hand. He crouched there beside her for a moment. He had best start learning some better self control if he expected to get anywhere with Andy again. He couldn't just go back to stroking her because he felt like it. Perhaps he should wake her..? No.. he would wait.. for now at least. After looking at her for another moment. He couldn't bare it. She smelt to good.. she looked to good. If he spent another moment at this distance he would do something stupid. He pulled himself to his feet before moving off to the boulder and hopping up onto it, Calming himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back