A Long Forgotten Friend... a Potential Enemy

Li Nu Bai

Wand
10¼ " Hornbeam Wood, Dragon heartstring Core.
Li had been walking around the Brightstone village for some time. His tattoo was a clear stand out from all that were there (It rest on the side of his head). The garments that he possessed were not exactly anything that were working to his favor either. Step after step more and more eyes began to cast themselves onto the Pirate & Captain of the Dragon Emperor. Shifting his gaze around himself for a moment, Li rest his hand upon his sword which lay in a sheath at his side. It wasn't often that he'd use it as a per-say, weapon but more as a look. Tucked into the front of his rather large belt, was Li's wand. This was the most invisible thing that rest upon all of Li's garments. Stroking his long mustache, he walked on, his eyes darting around more and more, appearing as if he was looking for some one. Li needed a way to get to Remus and the only possible way he could think of was by taking Kida.

If he was to take Kida then Li would be able to bribe Remus in several ways. There falling apart had led to such things having to happen, and with Li being some one of such defiance of Law now, he needed to be able to rid himself of all debt's owed to others. Persistently letting out sighs, Li trailed on and on before stepping into a dark alley. The darkness often was the only thing that acted as a true friend now-days, and for Li to keep a good eye out for Kida, this would be the place.

Kida was walking around Brightstone, she was trying to look for a new set of gloves for quidditch but with her head in the clouds she hadn't realised that she had walked past Madam Malkins and was now walking aimlessly down brightstone.
Kida had far to much on her mind, Training for Animagus, Quidditch, School, and that Rat of a Child which was going to be born.
Kida looked around for a bit and smacked her forehead, she was practically at the most deserted spot of Brightstone "F..." she said biting her lip, Kida spun around on her heels and started to walk the other way back out.

It wasn't long that Li had to wait before his eyes met with the Girl he was looking for. Kida was alone and walking basically with her mind absent, Li just realized that the job he was here to do would be a little easier then he had thought. Remus had shorely told Kida about the fact how the two of them were hardly friends, now days, if not, this act of hiding was basically pointless. Walking along the back alleys so that he could reach where Kida had come to realize how far from civilization she was, Li came out behind the girl and placed his hand onto her shoulder.

"Miss Frost," Li began, his accent clearly visible, "I think t'would be wise that you come with me... I have a little bit of a chat to have with you, or if not then we could make this more violent then it had to be." Li grinned, his some what yellow teeth coming to show. He was rather dirty as were his garments and he's finger nails were about ten centimeters long. Scratching his scalp gently, Li awaited what the answer from the once good friends God daughter would be. If she knew about Remus and Li no longer being friends, her reaction would clearly be to run, otherwise she would probably act smart or something of the sort.

Kida felt a hand on her should and it made her jump, she turned around to see Li and smiled, he said something and she just simpley raised her eyebrow "Can we raincheck, i have to buy these Gloves" she said "sorry the day is almost out and i don't have enough time, i shouldn't be down here in the first place" Kida turned back around and started to walk back out of the deserted part of Brightstone. "Just Owl me" she said as she started walking.

The response that Li had got from Kida was one that was clearly not worried. Remus had not told Kida that the two of them where on bad terms and the girl seemed as confident as ever, despite what Li was looking like. Drawing his wand from his belt he apparated to the front of Kida and held the wand under her chin.
"I'm afraid there shall not be any Rain checks on this matter, Miss Frost." Li grinned, his breath smelling rather fowl.

The words rolled of his lips and in that time two Pirates appearing in rather old garments had appeared behind Kida with their wands at their side. "Now Miss Frost, You can come quietly... Or we can stun you, I care not, One way or another Remus will want you back." Li grinned darkly. The men that were standing behind her were ready to stun her and take her to the Ship. Knowing Kida that would be necessary for the next step to go ahead.

Kida saw Li apparate infront of her and then a wand into her chin she made a soft sound but looked at him and put her hand on his wand moving it away from her Chin "Nice one Li, but i really have to get these gloves, Kida saw the men behind her "ok you got me, i'm officially freaked out, nice one, i got to go" she said thinking that either Li was joking around or he was drunk.
Kida smiled and heard some of the men mumble and move ready to attack her, Maybe this was some sort of prank or something but Kida had to get out of here, Kida moved around Li, but quickly broke into run, she didn't want to be here now.

Feeling Kida's hand move onto his Wand, Li let out a grunt. She seemed to be rather keen to get out of there. Turning to follow Kida's movement, Li watched as he broke into a run. Smirking slightly, he aimed his wand up and kicked his legs as if he were peddling a bike. The motion began to lift him into the air and across in Kida's direction before he set his aim and said smoothly, "Petrificus Totalus!"

The words were smooth and they rolled off Li's lips the exact way that he wanted them to. The following step was even more simple. Stopping the motion of his legs, Li dropped smoothly in the direction of the ground, before landing down perfectly. As he did so, the two pirates that had been accompanying him, both aimed their wands at Kida and cast the same spell as Li. This was a precaution in case she saw the first spell coming.

Smiling to himself, Li had hoped that she would just be happy to go back to the ship with him, freely and without a fuss, but none the less this was more fun, shorely. His eyes followed the spell's that his two crew man had cast and he hoped that both would not have to hit Kida; for one Li's spell would be much easier to withstand then two Wizards colliding with you.

Kida heard Li Say something and Kida quickly moved to the wall she pressed her back against the wall just narrowly missing the spell, Kida ran and quickly turned into the small, and narrow area seperating two shops and behind some crates of what looked to have been old boxes of some form of Beverage, she had just missed the two other spells that were coming for her, Dodging Bludgers had atleast been good for something, she had learned how to be more nimble in how she did things, Kida pulled her legs up to her chest and looked out from behind the boxes, she was quite close to the entrance, with any luck they wouldn't see her and she could sneak out in run away again, but her chances were looking quite slim.

Li had kept his eyes fit on the movements that the girl before him was making. It was a good thing that he had watched exactly where those Spells were going to hit, or else he would have completely lost track of the direction and position that Kida was in and departed in. Once she had flew away from sight, Li trotted along to where he had seen her move to and placed his wand away, before drawing his Dao (Sword).

Moving through the dark and cold area, Li began to hum a tune. The way it bounced of the narrow walls that were around him made the tune almost sound ghostly, and it was accompanied by the fact that he was swinging his Dao side to side, shredding boxes apart with one sift movement. Li's men were doing a similar thing, though they had entered through a separate entrance to the dark and gloomy alley way.

"Come out Miss Frost," he began as he neared to her position, not sure of exactly where she was hiding, but positive she was in the vicinity, "You can't escape us, Dear Frost." he cackled evilly. Slice after slice, the noise would grow near to Kida until it was only as second that he was right where she hid. He sliced a box from an area where she was hiding but not enough to reveal her. Hissing to himself, Li began shouting in his foreign tongue and the men departed from the area. Li appeared to have done the same but had truly only moved around the corner from the position where he believed Kida to be most likely to hide; in the tower of Boxes.

Kida heard a tune and she pulled her legs closer, Kida went to pull her wand out from her sleeve but remembered that she wasn't in the school grounds. 'Damn being out side of school' she said to herself Kida slide further back into the courner near the boxes when she heard a slice and saw the boxes nexr her fall, Kida bit her lip.

'i may not be able to Hide for long but i can atleast try' Kida moved back a bit further but she moved back just to far the boxes that she was hiding behind swayed and tumbeled, Kida stood up and let out a small screetch now being in plan view of Li. "sh1t" she said backed up a bit but realised that she would basically hit the end of the alley and be screwed she could atleast try to run. Kida broke into a run again, she only had one way out and that was directly past Li, Kida ran and just brushed past Li, hoping that he wouldn't get her around the waist or by the hair.

Li was patient as he awaited for Kida to jump up, bit it seemed patience wasn't something that was needed for long due to the fact it was almost instantly that she got up when he struck the box nearest to her. Spinning his sword quickly to it's sheath, Li thrust his hand out as Kida went to come passed and attempted to grappled her hair. It being such a narrow alley and all should prove not to be so much as difficult. As he did so, precaution must be taken, so Li set his hand up to his wand, withdrawing it and sending it to a position so that when and if Kida was brought in close, his wand would be pushed right up under her chin almost digging straight through to her mouth.

Letting out a Sigh, Li couldn't help but feel a little annoyed about how difficult it was to catch such a young little girl. She wasn't able to use her wand due to the fact that she was outside of school grounds and her martial art's techniques were definitely no match for Li's. From what he knew she had no experience in fighting and combat exercise apart from the fact that she did Gymnastics. It was a quality that helped get critical hits in whilst in combat, but first you needed a style and the right amount of strength to allow the critical hits to be effective.

Kida felt Li grab her hair, Exactly what she wished wouldn't happen Kida let out a small scream and instantly sent her hands up to grasp Li's Wrist to try get him to let go, Kida felt a wand press into her chin and she shut her eyes and swallowed calming down a bit, she was stuck, she could have tried some moves to get away, but it was hopeless if he had a hold of her hair.

"Let go you rat" she said as she tried to pull his hands loose from her hair, why couldn't he have grabbed her anywhere else that would have made it easier for her to escape, while he had her hair, she was basically trapped. Kida dug her nails into Li's wrist trying to pull herself free, she didn't care about the wand that much she just wanted her hair to be free she could feel some of her hair breaking the more she tried to pull away. Kida dug her Nails in again "i said let GO"

Smirking at the feel of hair in his hands, Li couldn't help but let out a some what Snicker. It wasn't before long that he felt nails dig into his hands and aggressive word's leave the girls mouth that he had put in such an awkward and un-liked situation. Li growled as he felt her nails almost pierce his skin and before long she continued to do so. If Li wanted to keep this girl in his custody it was time to apparate he and her right from where they were. Nodding to himself, Li apparated the two of their bodies aboard his ship, the Dragon Emperor.

Once they were aboard, he made sure that the apparation place he had landed them in was correct; the cells. Quickly letting loose of Kida's body, Li apparated himself just out of the cell and stood there glaring in at the girls body. "You're nails hurt me indeed, Miss Frost..." Li said as he examined his wrist, "But not hardly as much as I'm going to hurt you." he grinned sinisterly. The fact that Remus actually hadn't told Kida that Li and him were not on the best of terms was more then surprising to Li, especially due to the fact that some one like Remus was always one step ahead of his enemies.

Twirling on the spot, Li had his eyes set on two appearing bodies; the men that were with him at the Brightstone Village.
"Both of you, Head up to the deck.... Get the crew working swift, I want us out of port immediately." If Li was to get away from this without any once tracing his step's, he'd need to be agile and swift about it. Turning back to Kida as the men departed, Li opened his mouth and then closed it before thinking what he was going to say through a little bit more, "You have one person to blame for this, dear girl," stepping closer to the Cell, he smiled, "Remus. Drafis Firn." a pause before each word.

Kida felt herself being apparated away, she grabbed her stomach when they came back, she wasn't used to apprating and felt like she was going to be sick.
The sickness had passed and Kida saw that she was in a cell, she snarled getting up she lunged at the other side of the cell and stuck her hand out of the bars trying to take a swipe at Li with her nails aiming right at his neck, Growling Kida looked at Li again, "You rat let me out of here" she snarled as she pulled her arm into the cell again and held onto the bars.
When Li said that she had one person to blame and it was Remus she snarled and lunged atm Li again throwing her arms forward trying to get a hold of Li so she could Scratch him or Punch him.

Watching as his words sunk into the Girls skull, he watched as the swipes came on flying. The hands that were coming at him appeared to be in a slow motion, in Li's eyes and he stepped swiftly out of the way, one of Kida's hands scratching his mustache slightly. Grunting at the feel of it, Li made sure he stepped a fair way back to a safe distance; he had seen this type of behavior before, especially the fact that Kida's nails seemed that much longer then usual. Smirking as he watched her swipe on and on, hoping to lay something into Li he began, "Animagus, aye? I don't presume that you grew you're nails to such excess levels as mine?" he Smirked. "Remus for sure has not been training you, other wise you'd probably be more in control of yourself or fully transformed by now.... That boy was a fast learner." Li smirked once more.

The fact that he was talking up Remus and being mad at him was getting on Li's nerves. Why was he doing it? That's the question that was on even his lips.
"It's alright, Miss Frost, Shan't be here long. Departing we are. On-ward, On-ward. To the sea's ahead we go, to find the Pirate Legend we go!" Li grinned, his unclean teeth baring more then ever. "If Mister Firn so much as impresses, i shan't have to harm little Miss Frost. If Sumer disappoint, not such a good circumstance for Miss Frost." Li put in the most simple way possible. Kida probably had no idea what the point of kidnapping her was, but she need not. The only people that needed knowledge of what was going on in the end was Li and Remus. Moving over to a flight of stairs, Li looked up them and shouted, "Set sail! Get this dragon on the move!" The words traveled smooth and loud up to the top deck and it wasn't before long that the boat began swaying. They were on the move.

Kida let out a growl when Li said that she was an Animagus, she pulled her hands in and looked at him curiously, he mentioned nails and she looked at her Nails, usually a Perfect French were now Dark and Dirty Claws, Kida looked at her hands in surprise and shook them untill the claws seemed to go away.
"And how do you think you are going to let Remus know about you Kid napping me ey" she said "your such a Rat" she said as she spat at his feet and turned around walking to the back of the cell, she turned around and paced snarling making it look like she was trying to catch some prey.
Kida looked at Li and then away again, The Apparation sickness had Caught up with her again and she turned to the wall, leaning against it holding her stomach, Kida gagged but managed to hold it down. Kida shut her eyes and shook her head before looking back at Li "Go on Harm me see if i care, Remus won't come to help me he is to busy looking after that Wife of his and her bloody child she is going to have, i may aswell be dead, Go on Hurt me, Kill me, Do it" she said being deadly serious

Li shook his head boredly at the comment Kida made about how exactly Remus would gather Kida being kidnapped. "Miss Frost, You underestimate you're God Father. Ex-Vigilante, Ex-Prisoner of Azkaban, Ex-Murder, the man is almost made up of all things," Began Li as he took a couple of steps around the cell that Kida was in; it was one away from all the others, set right in the corner of the lower part of the ship. "You're God Father, Is a detective and a Half.... A Man like him in the Ministry as an Auror and they could dismiss a couple of their staff." smirked Li, "He will know, probably the second we move out of Port. Knowing him he'll apparate himself aboard be disarmed and forced to fight with these." Said Li, as he pointed to the hilt of his Dao. Shrugging at being called a rat, it was nothing new to Li, "If you want to offend me Frost-Bite, you best come up with something new." he grinned sinisterly.

Look at the Girl before him as she appeared to feel sick, Li laughed and laughed at the next sentence to leave her mouth. "Kill you? No, No, No Miss Frost. You're of no use to be in the form of being dead. You are my leverage, my negotiation tool, my everything in a situation of the such." he smiled simply. Stepping closer to the cell, Li ran his long and sharp nails across the cell itself making loud screeching sounds as well as causing sparks. "You see, some one of you stature would not understand the plan that I have conjured. I don't want to keep you here, I want the one, the only, Firn." It was all coming out now. Everything that Kida thought to be about her was not in fact revolving around her at all, it was a trap to get Remus in a place where he found himself defenseless. The option of Remus apparating away was out of the question, one he would never run from a fight and two there was a anti-apparation charm placed upon the boat itself when coming aboard.

Kida listened to Li explain Remus, "Do you honestly think he is that Stupid" she said as she watched Li walk closer to the Cell, Kida backed up to the other side so she had her back on the opposite side, she heard him Run his Nails along the bars and she dropped to the ground and covered her ears which seemed to be extra sensitive right now.
Once the sound stopped Kida took her hands away from her ears and looked at Li, "and Remus doesn't care about me any more, all he cares about is that Stupid Baby and his Stupid Wife, now that he is getting a child of his own he doesn't need a God Daughter, so i guess i will be a permanent guest on this Ship" she said

Turning his head to Kida's words Li laughed confidently, "Oh I believe he is that stupid. When his reckless of course!" The words were sure and strong. Li had no doubt's what so ever about how this plan of his was going to go' extremely well. Watching as his movements along the cell bars forced Kida into a confined like space, Li smiled to hear her next words. "Tut dear girl, You once again unde-" a crash and a bang and then a scream or two was heard from above. Running up the stairs case that was just behind Li, he came to the top deck to find that most of his men had been Petrafied or stunned, one or the other. Running over to the side of his ship, Li looked to see that there was a rather small boat sided with his ship; Remus was here, or some one was.

Throwing his head side to side, Li took gaze upon what appeared to be a spell soaring at him, and there was a brief echo of the words 'Expelliarmus'. Rolling out of the way, Li through his hand onto his wand and cast it up, saying the exact same spell as which was just cast upon him. The spell soared from his wand and struck the hand of an armed Wizard, who's arm was lazily hanging out from cover. Smirking to himself, Li saw the wand fly across the ship, and walked confidently back down the stairs to where Kida was. If he was being confronted by Remus, he needed to make sure Kida was unable to be reached.

Kida looked at Li Leave and she got up and moved over the side closest to the stairs so that she could see What was happening, but it was hopeless, she saw Steps walking back down stairs and Kida moved back to the other side, her vision blurred for a second but she looked straight ahead, "dam after effects don't mess with me now" she said to herself she saw Li come back and looked at him "Crew not getting along" she said looking at him smirking a bit, something wasn't right tht was for sure

The fact that it had been so easy for Remus to get aboard made him feel a little cocky, but none the less he was rather angry that Li had brought Remus' closer members of the family into this. It was something that Remus saw to be wrong, especially when ti came to the younger members of peoples families. Remus would only do such things if his and others lives depended upon it, though he would never kidnap a child. Letting out a sigh as he took cover, Remus hadn't realized that his hand was sticking out of the cover itself and felt his hand get struck by the spell. For a moment a numbness moved over his hand but quickly it wore off and Remus set off to a body of one of the crew lying on the deck. Taking his hand to the sword that was in the Sheath, Remus drew it and headed down the stairs to where his eyes had follow Li to.

Once he was down to the bottom, his eyes bolted to look at Li and stared rather evilly. "Li, Kida." he said in a some what acknowledging tone, but it wasn't before long that he leaped straight for Li, hacking his sword straight down in the direction of the once friend and now more then potential enemy.

As Li came down the stairs he completely ignored Kida and kept his eyes set ahead. It wasn't before long that Remus came on down and, Li quickly through his wand into his belt and drew his Dao from side. Glaring at the old friend, Li couldn't help but send over a acknowledging nod, mainly due to the fact that Remus had acknowledged him. Watching as the sword came on swinging toward him, Li parried the blade away and sliced the blade toward Remus' left arm, cutting it a little. It was clear that Li was more favored in the region of using a sword and Remus more in the area of a wand.

Smirking at the thought of winning, Li took this to be a battle that would be an easy win and swung the blade for Remus' leg cutting it and forcing him to fall onto the floor. "Remus, Remus, Remus... You should have went on a search for you're wand..." he smirked looking at the body of his injured enemy. Some one such as Remus was hopeless at thinking when it came to saving close members of his family, that was half the reason he ended up in Azkaban the time he had been sent there.

Kida looked at Remus when he appeared and she sighed "Piss off old man" she said to him as she holded her arms "your not needed her, nor wanted" she said as she watched Li and Remus Fight, She face palmed when she saw Li hit Remus.
Kida looked at the door of the cell and walked over to it "while you two fight i'll just be trying to get out" she said as she pulled a pin out of her hair and bent it before looking at the lock, she stuck her hands out of the bars and stuck the pin in the lock, "please continue don't mind me" she said acting all cocky and smart like, Kida moved the pin around a bit trying to get it to work.

As he came down the stairs and was viewed by Kida, Remus growled at the words that left her mouth. Though once the sigh had left his mouth it was almost immediately that he and Li's battle was close to an end. Remus had been cut in a duo and almost within a matter of seconds. Growling as his sword dropped to the side, Remus shifted his hand forward and grinned, "Expulso. ****." Remus grinned, as the magic left his hand and struck Li in the chest, casting him straight out the ship through the wall. He hadn't only left the ship, but taken out the gate that Kida had been picking at.

Getting up slowly as he held his wound upon his arm, Remus headed over in Kida's direction and gave her a respecting nod.
"Are you alright?" He said in an almost emotionless tone. It was clear that she was angry at him for 'living his life' with the one he loved. If it was such a problem then she could go away and not stay with him during the Holidays, this was more then proving the lack of maturity she had.

Li looked absently to his rear when Kida spoke and before long, turned back to face Remus. Within that time it had seemed that his opponent was more then ready to Knock Li for a 'six'. Feeling as the spell hit his chest, it almost was enough to blow him into pieces, but the fact it was wandless magic took a very large toll on how bad the damage would be. Considering of course that wandless was less strong then armed magic, Li was basically thrown a long distance and through obstacles. Landing roughly into the Sea, Li began sinking down to the bottom unconscious, though soon enough one of his Crew members came to aid, one by the name of Quin Lao.

Quin had fled when he saw Remus board, just in case worse came to worse, and it had. The ship was now Without a Captain and technically, without a Crew. Quin swam all the way out to where Li had been before apparating the two of them away and onto land and fleeing to a Hotel where they would be able to stay the night; one run and owned by a friend of the Pirates themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back