A Lonely Picnic

"You look like a demented owl!" Aeon giggled. It was fun being with Viv. He made note to try hang out with her more often. He glanced back up at the sky and shivered. "Alright, I've been dying to test this out." He said, opening his satchel again and pulling out a heat orb. He placed his hand on it and quietly said the word 'warmth'. It'd take 10 minutes to fully work but he could wait that long. "This is a heat orb, another thing I bought." He explained, putting it down on the ground. "So, where were we?" He continued, taking some more crispy M&M's.

Vivienne screwed her nose up, pretending to be insulted. "Demented owl?! Well, well you're a demented owl!" Vivienne laughed, throwing an M&M at Aeon. She was really bad at come-backs, so the best she could ever do was just repeat what they'd called her.

She grabbed another handful of M&Ms, putting her hands up dramatically. "Wait wait wait, watch this," Vivienne announced, throwing one up into the air, moving her head around to catch it in her mouth. The blue candy hit her in the forehead, and landed in her hair. "Darn, where'd it go!" she laughed, eating a few more the easy way.

Shivering, Vivienne was very pleased when Aeon pulled out a heat orb. "Woah, cool," she smiled, rubbing her cold hands together and holding them up to the heat orb. "So what else did you buy?" she asked Aeon, wondering what other cool gadgets he'd gotten during the holidays.

Aeon rolled his eyes at Vivienne's lame comeback, and giggled at her failed attempt to throw one in the air and heat one. "You've got a little something.." He said, pointing to the m&m in her hair. "Anyway, I got a few really cool things, the spectrespecs and heat orb from Dervish & Banges, and fake galleons, instant darkness powder, extendable ears and..erm..gender fudge." He said, feeling the heat orb heating up. "Did you get anything from France?" He asked, changing the subject.

Vivienne was still wondering where the M&M had gone, when Aeon pointed to her hair. "Ah, thanks," she giggled, flicking the M&M out of her hair. The heat orb as getting warmer now, so her face had gone from a chilly white colour to a more comfortable pink.

She kept laughing as Aeon listed the things he'd bought. He'd really had quite the shopping spree. "Gender fudge? What are you going to use that for?" Vivienne asked, wondering what tricks he had up his sleeve. "Oh, I didn't buy much.. you know, clothes, souvenirs, things like that. Ooh, that reminds me! I saw this and I thought of you," she smiled, pulling out her wand. "Accio box thing," she commanded, watching a small red box come whizzing up from the Hufflepuff common room. Catching it, she held it out to Aeon. "It's like, an assortment of prank things.. like fireworks and sweets that make you sick and things like that. Stuff that I thought you might find useful," Vivienne laughed. "Apparently they're super good or something.. I don't speak much french," she said, remembering the shopkeeper talk for ages in crazily fast French.

Last year Aeon had gotten into trouble once or twice for pranks, so she didn't want to be the cause of any more detentions. She'd just seen it in a french joke shop and bought it on a whim.

"Well, I just saw it in the shop and thought it'd be funny to buy one and try it out someday, there's plenty of things I could do with it." Aeon replied with a sneaky grin when she asked about the gender fudge. He was surprised after when Vivienne said she'd gotten him something. "Accio Box Thing? Is that all you could come up with?" He asked, rolling his eyes and taking the box. "Seems interesting, thanks." He grinned, putting the box next to the heat orb. "So, they're super good you say? Do you speak french or did the shopkeeper speak english?" He asked, not thinking Viv was the type to know French or anything like that.

(( :o Why isn't Viv the type to know French? {-( She was only born there and spends every holidays there :p ))

"Like what, sneak into the girl's dorms or something? Creepy guy, Summers!" Vivienne laughed, punching him weakly in the shoulder. She knew that he probably wasn't some weird pervert, but she teased him anyway. That's just how they spoke to each other. Vivienne poked her tongue out when Aeon made fun of her spell. "Well sor-ry Mister Teacher's Pet! Why don't we see you do some Accio..ing," she said, giving him a challenging look. She listened as he asked about the shopkeeper guy. "Well my mother's French, so I just know what she says at home.." Vivienne said modestly, when in fact she was quite good.

(( She was? ))

"I'm not the type of person who'd do that Vivienne!" Aeon said with a shocked face. Truth be told he always wondered what the girls were up to, but he would never actually go up there.
Anyway, it was probably all boring talk about their hair or nails or clothes. Girls always spent a million years putting on make-up and finding clothes.

He looked back to Viv and heard her call him a teachers pet. "Now where did you get that crazy idea? Anyway, I can Accio things." He muttered, rolling his eyes and taking out his wand. "Accio Broom." He muttered, summoning his broom from the otherside of the tower.
He gripped it tightly with his hand and placed it down beside him. "I just realized I haven't marked this." Aeon pointed his wand at the broom, remembering the incantation for the marking charm. "Infelicio Fur." He stated clearly, and watched as a golden mist appeared around his broom, then his own personal mark, a sun, before finalling fading away again.

"So, your Mum's from France? I didn't know that." Aeon said, looking at Vivienne and wondering what other things he didn't know about.

(( Yeh :p But she was raised in NZ ))

Vivienne watched, as Aeon summoned and marked his broom. It was now embellished with a golden sun, and she wondered what the meaning behind that was. "I wonder what I could mark?" Vivienne asked, biting her lip and looking around. She'd already marked pretty much all of her belongings, except for the things her grandfather had given her during the holidays. "Ahh, what about this box," she said, picking up the lid of the candy box. Pointing her wand straight at it, Vivienne muttered "Infelicio Fur" clearly. A sky blue mist twirled out the end of her black wand, marking a tiny heart design on the corner of the lid.

"Yep, mum went to Beauxbatons. But then she became a hippie and ran away to New Zealand. That's how she met my dad, actually. At one of those hippie music festivals," Vivienne laughed, trying to picture her parents with long shaggy hair and doing the peace sign. It was very hard to imagine, and she wondered what had happened to make them change back to their 'fancy' ways. That was something they never really talked about.. "What about your parents? They're Australian, aren't they?" she asked. Although she'd known Aeon for over a year, Vivienne still didn't know that much about his family.

Aeon looked at the box Viv marked, watching the tiny heart appear at the corner of the lid. "That's, uh, cute." He said with a roll of his eyes. Hearts were so girly. He expected a lot of girls to have heart marks. "So your Mum was a hippie? That's really weird, I haven't met anyone with a hippie Mum, that is such an old thing. I've never seen a hippie before, but I've seen photo's and they look ridiculous. I wouldn't want to be one because I hate facial hair and they have beards." He said, tapping his fingers against the floor. "Yeah, my parents are both Australian. Apparently my Mum had a pet joey for awhile. To be truthful, kangaroos scare me. My Dad said one kicked him in the chest and he broke a rib or something. The first time I met a kangaroo was when I was 5, but I don't remember it. My parents say I was fascinated at first, but then it started hopping really fast towards me so I screamed and ran." He explained, giggling at the thought of a mini him being chased by a kangaroo.

"Yes, it is cute, isn't it," Vivienne giggled, ignoring Aeon's sarcasm. She laughed as he started talking about hippies, and how he didn't want to be one. "Well it's not such an old thing.. there are still hippies today, just different style. They all just believe in peace and love and all that mumbo-jumbo," she said, rolling her eyes playfully. "Hmm, I don't know.. I think you'd look quite charming with a beard," Vivienne joked, tilting her head to the side. She tried to imagine Aeon with facial hair, but it was impossible. He was just a cute little 12 year old, not a middle-aged hippy. Wait, she wasn't allowed to call her friend cute! Ew.. Vivienne pushed the thought out of her mind. "Oh no!" she said sympathetically, when Aeon told her about his father getting attacked by a kangaroo. "He's alright now, isn't he?" Vivienne asked, even though it was quite obvious he was. Either way, she was just asking because she cared.

"Really? Hippies have been around for ages then. I didn't know some still existed." Aeon said, imagining some long haired people in big colourful clothes walking down a busy street. Aeon felt his chin at Vivienne's next comment, feeling glad he wouldn't start getting facial hair for quite a while. "I would never let myself go out in public with a beard. I've seen people eat and get some food stuck in their beards or moustaches, it's really gross. I wonder if there some sort of ant-facial hair spell." He said with a light laugh. "Yes, my Dads okay now. It's been years. Dad was like, 15 at the time." He said, rolling his eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back