A Lonely Picnic

Vivienne Esquire

OOC First Name
Helena
Wand
Ebony Wand 15" Essence of Phoenix Talon
At breakfast, Vivienne sat, scribbling madly into her songwriting notebook. Since getting back from France, her head had been filled with new ideas, and they were just spilling out every time she picked up a pencil. Then, as she finished a chorus, Vivienne heard sound of owls swooping into the room. She quickly snapped the notebook shut, looking up to see if Charlie had brought her anything. As a brown lump came hurtling towards her, she giggled and prepared herself for what was to come. "Incoming!" Vivienne warned the people around her, holding up a napkin to protect herself from the blast. Just then, Charlie crashed into the table, skidding along as he left a trail of destruction behind him. "Sorry," she looked around sheepishly, gathering up her owl and dropping him into a jug of water to wash off the butter and milk.

Leaning across the table, she picked up the heavy parcel that Charlie had delivered her. Although he was still just as tiny, he had gotten a lot stronger, now able to carry parcels by himself. However, the clutsy owl was still as uncoordinated as always, made obvious by his grand entrance. Vivienne turned the large box over to see who it was from. Hoping it was a certain someone, she was disappointed to find that it was just a care package from her parents. Stuffing it into her large bag, Vivienne scooped Charlie up and rested him on her palm. Deciding to open the gift later, she headed back to the dorm to clean him off.

A few hours later, Vivienne remembered the package in her bag, it was beginning to weigh her down. She made her way up to the North Tower to open it in private. As she leaned against the balcony, Vivienne began pulling the string and brown paper off the large box. Inside that, were bags and bags of all her favourite types of candy, things she had been missing while at Hogwarts. There were gummy worms, gummy bears, gummy snakes, gummy fruits, gummy coke bottles, sour gummy things, crispy M&Ms, peanut M&Ms, normal M&Ms, raspberry liquorice, sherbets, and much much more. "Oh, YUMNESS!!" Vivienne said loudly, although there was no one else around. Without hesitation, she decided to have a picnic right there and then. Although it was a bit of a lonely picnic, and she didn't have a blanket to sit on, Vivienne didn't care. As long as it was her and the candy, that's all that mattered.

Smoothing down her pink dress, she found a spot that was less dirty, with a view over the whole lake and gardens. Knowing that her dress would probably get dirty anyway, Vivienne didn't care, this was her picnic after all. Sitting down, she folded her legs to one side elegantly. Riffling through the box, she took out a bag of sour gummy bears, and began lining a few up in neat rows across her hand. She was weird like that, they had to be in a straight line, one of each colour, in rainbow order. Smiling to herself, Vivienne began to eat a few, looking back out towards the lake.

Aeon flew up towards the North Tower on his trusty broom. Why climb all those steps? There was just too many of them and he was too lazy, so flying was best. He reached the top and lowered himself onto the ground, then dismounted the broom and placed it on the ground.
The view up there was beautiful, which was why he had come in the first place, to relax and enjoy the beauty of the world around the castle. He sighed, thinking about his parents and how they were doing, and where his friends were at that moment.

There was a noise from behind, and Aeon turned and made his way towards it, only to find his friend sitting there with candy. "You going to share?" He asked, coming up behind her and giving her a wide grin.

Vivienne jumped slightly when she heard a voice behind her. However it was a familiar one, so she quickly laughed. "Aeon! Haven't seen you in ages. How've you been? How were your holidays?" Vivienne said with a small smile, holding the box of lollies out to him. "Come sit! I'm bored and lonely," she laughed, patting the ground beside her. Aeon was a good friend to her, so she was pleased to have his company. Unlike girls who were always full of drama, guys - well most of them - were always level-headed, and fun to be around. If she needed to have a good laugh, Aeon was one of the first people Vivienne would call upon. After the holiday she'd had, she really did need something to cheer her up.

Aeon's grin widened as he sat down next to his friend and took some crispy m&m's. "My holidays were great, though no one invited me to their houses so I didn't invite anyone over, just hung out at the school or Brightstone." He said, stuffing his face with the chocolate. "I haven't had these in ages!" He continued, taking another handful. He liked being with Viv, but usually he saw her with Arisa or another girl, never really alone. "So what did you do these holidays? Anything fun and exciting?" He asked, realising he hadn't seen or heard of her at all during the holidays

Vivienne laughed as Aeon began stuffing his face. "Yeah, take as many as you want," she said, handing him the box entirely. She frowned slightly when Aeon told her how he'd been alone for the holidays. It was things like that that made Vivienne sad about having to go away in secret, but it had to be done. "Aw, if I'd known that, you could have come to France with me!" she told him, stretching a gummy worm absent-mindedly. When Aeon asked her about her own holidays, Vivienne's eyes dropped slightly. "I went to Paris actually. It was.. eventful," she said, clearing her throat.

(( Laa-me :doh: ))

Aeon looked at Vivienne for a few moments before speaking. "You went to France? Why didn't you tell anyone?" He asked, disappointed that he didn't go, it would have been much more fun than what he did. Though he did buy some pretty awesome stuff from the shops he wanted to try out, like the heat orb and the spectrespecs, and there was all the stuff from Weasley Wizard Wheezes that he had. Extendable ears, fake galleons, instant darkness powder - They were all pretty cool things. Maybe he'd give Viv one of the galleons so they could communicate when they were apart.

Vivienne frowned even more when a look of disappointment came over Aeon's face. She hated upsetting anyone, but especially friends. "Aw, I'm sorry Aeon.. I wasn't really supposed to let anyone know where I was, but if I'd known you were alone, I definitely would have invited you," Vivienne smiled. But then she remembered what happened in Paris. Even though Aeon was just a friend, it would have still been extremely awkward having him there. Maybe it was a good thing that he hadn't come. "I go back to France nearly every holidays you know. You can always come next time," Vivienne laughed, throwing an M&M in her mouth.

Aeon brightened up when Vivienne said he could come next time. "Thanks! I'd love to, I've never been anywhere except New Zealand and Australia, Mum and Dad don't exactly let me go away much." He said with a slight frown. He was only allowed to go somewhere if there was someone with him 'incase something happened' though last year he could go to Viv's and Taylors houses by himself took a lot of persuasion. "So what's it like in France? They they all carry those really long bread stuff?" He said with a laugh. When he imagined French people they usually had berets, striped shirts, and those curly moustaches.

Vivienne smiled happily when Aeon seemed pleased to be invited. It was a shame that he hadn't done much travelling, as she found it fascinating to see different cultures. Her luggage was covered in stickers from the many countries she'd visited. "We went by Muggle plane this holidays. Jeez, what a mistake that was. It took forever and we had to pay!" Vivienne laughed, remembering sitting in the airport with Noah and Taylor for what like like years. "We're definitely going back to Floo Powder from now on."

She listened intently as Aeon asked her what France was like, mentioning something about bread. "Baguettes? Not really.. it's just like any city I guess. The lights are beautiful, we went to the top of the Eiffel Tower at night. There were fireworks going off and everything. Did you know that there's a restaurant up there? I accidentally ordered snails, but they were actually pretty good!" Vivienne laughed, leaving out the part about visiting her father in the hospital. And especially the bit about her grandfather pairing her up with prospective husbands. That was just embarassing.

Eating a sour lolly, Vivienne crinkled her nose. Her expression was hilarious, it looked as though she'd eaten fifty lemons or something. "Agh! Sour!" was all she managed to say, before bursting into a fit of giggles.

"You went by plane?" Aeon asked, blinking at her a few times. He'd only been on a plane once, and that was when he was five, but mostly it was just Floo or flying. "There's a restuarant up there? Sheesh. And you ate snails?!" Aeon said, feeling slightly sick. Snails were gross, he wouldn't touch one, let alone eat one. "But they are so slimy and disgusting." He continued, shuddering as he imagined people eating them, but the image in his head disappeared instantly and he began laughing uncontrollably when Viv pulled a really funny face. "They're not that sour are they?" He asked, trying to catch his breath.

"No- They're- Not sour- At all!" Vivienne managed to say sarcastically between laughs. "Here- have one- yourself- to see!" she teased, waving the bag at him. Her face managed to slowly go back to normal. Just as she'd stopped laughing, Vivienne started up again, from Aeon's reaction to her holiday. He was such a wuss sometimes, but that was one of the things she liked about him. He wasn't trying to be macho all the time, unlike the poofy boys she'd been paired with. They were always dressing and talking as if they were gay, but they'd try to act as if they were the coolest guys in the world.

"I only ate one, and then Noah ate the rest! They're not slimey when they're cooked actually," Vivienne told him. "They don't really taste like anything.. just the butter and salt they're cooked in." she laughed again, deciding not to go into any more detail, as she didn't want to make the poor boy sick. As a breeze rolled in, Vivienne shivered slightly. She grabbed another handful of M&Ms, looking back out over the lake. She didn't know what the time was, but the sky was beginning to get pink around the edges.

Aeon shook his head and refused the bag of sour candy. "Yeah, Your not so convincing with a face like that." He said, watching her go back to normal, but then starting up again. "And gosh, I don't want to know anymore about you eating snails." He said, making a gagging sound.
"By the way, who's Noah?" He asked, suddenly interested in this unknown person. Was he her boyfriend or something? Maybe just a relative. Noah wasn't a very common name, like Vivienne.
The only Noah he had ever heard of was that guy from the Bibble. Or was it the Bible? Aeon always found Muggle religion weird.

(( Was she her boyfriend =)) ))

"No seriously, they're not sour.." Vivienne said with a straight face, doing the shifty eyes subtly. "I was.. acting. Very well in fact. I should be an actress, shouldn't I?" she joked. There was no way Vivienne would ever want to be famous. She covered her mouth has Aeon did a gagging sound to stop herself from giggling again. She had been laughing so much that she probably looked like a total loon. "Ah, you and your weirdness," Vivienne said, hitting Aeon on the shoulder lightly.

When he took a sudden interest, Vivienne raised an eyebrow slightly. "Noah? He's one of my cousins! He's the one who's been hiding out at my house for months? Didn't I tell you." Vivienne said. It must have slipped her mind, or maybe Aeon had forgotten. Noah was one of her best friends, so it would have been odd for her not to have mentioned him at some point.

(( Edited ))

Aeon laughed as Vivienne tried to lie about the sour lollies. "Yes, your a great actress" He said sarcastically. Then listened as she explained who Noah was. "Ah, cousin. No, I don't believe you've mentioned him, and why on earth is he hiding at your house anyway?" He asked, taking a few gummy bears and shoving them in his mouth.

Vivienne pouted slightly when Aeon didn't fall for her wonderful acting skills. "Darn it, you're good. Only the best would see through my tricks.. I'll find a way to get you one day, Summers," she said dramatically. Vivienne knew that she was a horrible liar, but she liked to joke around things like that.

She bit her lip when Aeon asked about Noah. She didn't really want to go into detail, so instead decided not to give the full story. "Oh, he ran away from home. Was disowned by his parents, etc. Drama, drama, you get the point," Vivienne said quickly, waving it away with her hand.

"So," she smiled, changing the subject. "Pretty good gummy bears, hey?" Vivienne laughed, putting one in her mouth quickly.

"Oh woe is me, thy evil Vivienne is out to get me!" Aeon said, putting a hand up to his head and acting just as dramatic as Vivienne, then burst out giggling. He stopped when she explained about Noah. Wow, disowned by his parents. Harsh. He thought, feeling sorry for her cousin. "The gummy bears are great, don't think they'll last long though." He muttered, taking another handful and forgetting about what they were just talking about. "It's getting cold.." He said, looking up at the sky, luckily he had his satchel with him with just the Heat Orb and Spectrespecs inside, he'd taken out everything else and put them in so he could try them out, but so far he didn't have a chance.

Vivienne couldn't help but laugh when Aeon did. The way he giggled was just so funny. "Me neither," she replied when he mentioned the gummy bears not lasting very long. She took one of every colour, lining them along her palm in colour order, the way she always did. Throwing a red one into her mouth, Vivienne frowned a bit when she thought of Noah. He had gone through a lot, but that was all over now. Although he missed his mother, Noah was much happier at Vivienne's house, away from his father. Vivienne put the smile back on her face. It was nothing to worry about at such a wonderful time like this.

She followed Aeon's gaze up into the sky, as he reminded her of the breeze that had set in earlier. "Hmm, 'tis," Vivienne said, as she gave another small shiver. With a soft yawn - she always yawned when she was cold, Vivienne looked out over the lake. The sun was beginning to set quickly, and the last of the light shimmered gently onto the silky lake. It was a very pretty sight indeed. "I wish I had a camera," she smiled at Aeon.

Aeon nodded and smiled. "I wish I had one too." He replied, then realised what he had just said. "Wait! I do have a camera." He said with a grin, digging his hand into his pocket and taking out the magical camera he had bought last year. "Ta da!" He said, passing it to Viv. "It takes moving pictures and isn't electrical so it works in school." He explained. He never really let anyone touch his camera, but he could trust Vivienne with it.

"Ooh great, I left my camera at home," Vivienne said, carfeully taking it from Aeon's hands. Turning back to the lake, she raised the camera to eye level. A concentrative look came over her face, as she snapped a picture of the lake and sunset. Since it was a moving picture, you could see birds and hippogriffs flying freely, as well as students zooming around on their broomsticks. This wasn't just any place, this was Hogwarts. Even though Vivienne came from magical blood and had been raised as such, she still found everything about this so amazingly awesome. Turning back to Aeon, she lowered the camera slightly. "Say cheese!" Vivienne laughed, pointing it at him.

Aeon grinned and quickly posed when Vivienne pointed the camera at him. "Cheeeeese!" He said with a huge grin on his face. He loved getting photo's taken, but knew a lot of people who hated it and tried to hide from the camera, seriously, what was their problem? It was just a picture. He generally disliked people a bit when they did that.

Vivienne started giggling again when Aeon began posing. He looked a character in that Muggle movie.. what was it called? Zoolander or something. "You should so be a model Aeon," she said, clicking the camera as he pulled a funny pose. She then decided to take one of them together, leaning against Aeon and holding the camera at arm's length. "How long should I set the timer for?" Vivienne asked, wondering what they could say or do to make an awesome photo for her album.

Aeon rolled his eyes at Vivienne's 'model' comment. "Not in a million years." He replied, then felt her lean against him. "10 seconds." He said, quickly opening his satchel and taking out his spectrespecs and putting them on, then quickly looking back at the camera again. The spectrespecs had looked so funny at the shop, he just had to buy them.

When Vivienne saw Aeon put on his spectrespecs, she almost collapsed from hilariousness. "Haah! Where did you buy those? I must get some!" she said, reaching up and touching the rim to see what they were made of. Turning the camera around, Vivienne quickly set it for ten seconds. "Ready?" she said quietly, hearing a clicking sound as she pressed start. She poked her tongue out, pulling a funny face. Seeing as it was a moving picture, Vivienne changed her expression. Going from cute, to weird, to funny.

(( Hilariousness is so a word :p ))

"Dervish and Banges, they didn't cost much." Aeon explained when Viv asked him where he got the spectrespecs from. He watched her time it for ten seconds and and whispered back "Ready.". He glanced at Viv who was making different faces and smiled, then looked back at the camera and made himself look like an owl, though the spectrespecs already helped him with that part.

((Sure sure :p ))

As the ten seconds came to an end, Vivienne gave a final smile, throwing her arm around Aeon's shoulder. The camera gave a soft pop, signalling that the picture had ended. Turning to Aeon, she laughed, seeing his odd owl-face. Vivienne listened as he explained where he got the glasses. "Hmm, maybe Svetlana can send me some," she said, half to herself. She gently took Aeon's glasses off, sliding them on herself. "How do I look?" Vivienne giggled, doing a pouty pose with her hands on her hips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back