Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
12 3/4" Black Walnut Wand with Essence of Silver Thistle Core
When Chloe had been accepted into Hogwarts, at first she had thought it was a joke, a prank. She grew up believing that magic didn't exist, and yet, here she was. Her mother had never told her anything about her true self, or her father for that matter, since she grew up without him. Chloe couldn't say she didn't have a father figure, though, since her mom had remarried when Chloe was five. Her stepdad claimed to love her as much as his own daughter, the person Chloe didn't exactly get along with all the time. She wasn't sure why the younger girl didn't like her, but Chloe did not want to deal with people who didn't like her. The feeling was beginning to be mutual. She stopped to catch her breath at the top of the stairs; she was so glad she had finally made it up here. Unfortunately for her, she hadn't been in the common room before she decided to come here, although she could have been. She liked being outside normally, although it was a bit chilly today. She hesitated as she spotted the owlery, wondering if she should send a letter to her mother already, or if she should wait until she had settled in the school a bit more. Truthfully, Chloe wasn't sure if she would settle anytime soon, knowing how much she lacked the magical knowledge other kids her year seemed to have.

Cyrus Baros recently sent a letter out to his grandfather, asking if he was doing all right, and also one to his grandmother, telling her that he was in Hufflepuff, which was her old house as well. Cyrus was over the moon about his house and magic, though grew up in a magical and muggle world. His mother was not a fan, but his father was. He enjoyed the muggle shows and movies, and was a huge nerd at heart. It was strange since he was somewhat athletic and nerdy at the same time, and the biggest sweetheart. Cyrus just didn't want to be weird. He wanted to be friends with everyone he could possibly meet. He walked around the towers, and managed to run into another first year. She was wearing blue, which was one he had not met yet. He smiled toward her and waved, "Hey! Like it here so far?"

As Chloe debated whether to enter the owlery and send a letter home she noticed another kid, and she raised her eyebrows a little when he waved to her and then asked her if she liked it here. It was a tricky question, of course, she loved the views, and how much open space there was outside, though she had yet to feel at home. She wondered if she would ever feel at home here. It was still too early to say. "Hi," she greeted finally with a small smile. "Eh, sure, why not?" she replied, uncertainty evident in her voice. She glanced at the owlery once more, before she decided to take a seat on one of the steps instead. Maybe she could wait a while to write anything, when she actually had something to say. "What about you, how are you finding Hogwarts?"

Cyrus could hear that she was uncertain. Did she come from the muggle world then? Or no magic, however the people said it? She asked him how he was finding the school. He liked it, because everything was so new to him. He grinned, "Well, it is weird seeing so much magic everywhere, and at the same time, some things are totally the same. My dad wanted me to get introduced to the no magic world before I came here. This is all new to me!" Cyrus grinned widely. He was still very excited about it, and the talking portraits were pretty cool, though he could not figure out how they worked. Was it magical paint? How did they get the personalities? "You didn't sound certain before. Did you come from a no magical background?"

Chloe tried to look more cheerful than she felt, to match the boy's mood so as not to dampen his mood, though she also tried to think positive about her being at a magical school. At least, he was being nice. He sort of agreed with her, and for a brief moment Chloe wondered if he came from the normal world, too. "That makes two of us," she said, feeling slightly more relieved than she had a few moments ago before she had met the boy. Even though it seemed like he was more familiar with magic than she was. "I didn't even know I was magical until I received the letter, but even then, it didn't feel real," she admitted. That was as much information as she had shared with, well, pretty anybody in the school so far, and it felt like she was taking a load off her shoulders. "Yeah, I did, I didn't know my father, who apparently is well-known here and has magical blood, and my mother is a muggle. I'm Chloe, by the way, what's your name?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back