OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Kat had stupidly skipped dinner tonight and now it was catching up with her. She was lying on her back on her bed feeling the rumble of her stomach and trying desperately to ignore it, but it was being relentless so she hopped up out of bed and slipped on her bedroom slippers. She pulled on her robe over her pyjamas and looked at her watch. It was still an hour until curfew so she had plenty of time to head down to the kitchens and grab herself a small bite to eat.

When she finally arrived Kat was glad to see that the house elves were no where in site as she always felt guilty for asking them for things. Lying out on the counter were what was left of what she assumed to be tonight's supper, but it all looked relatively fattening and being a typical teenager Kat was attempting to watch her waist line. Well those chocolate cupcakes look really delicious she thought to herself, but resisted the temptation. Instead she went to the icebox and saw some sliced turkey, a head of lettuce, a few apples, and some carrots. Smiling to herself she found a plate and the breadbox. She took two slices of bread and put a few pieces of turkey and some lettuce on there with just a smidgen of mustard. Kat then sliced up an apple into four wedges and placed two carrots on her plate along with the sandwich. She took a nice sized bite of her turkey sandwich then realized that she'd need something to drink so she found a glass and poured herself some milk.

Once she had everything situated Kat hopped up onto the counter, sitting indian style and munched on her food happily, but secretly hoping that no one would catch her down here seeing as how this place was supposed to be off limits to students.

Sumner stalked into the kitchens still breathing rather roughly from a grueling self training on the Quidditch Pitch. His hair stuck up every which way, his face was blotchy with red spots and he had a few scratches on his bare arms that were still sluggishly bleeding. It had been rough and slightly vicious but he would do it every damn day until he felt he was fully prepared for practice with his team. No one would be ashamed of him on that pitch let alone himself.

Sweat dripped from his hair onto his forehead and nearly into his eyes. Hurriedly he grabbed the hem of his tshirt and lifted it to swipe at the acidic liquid before it burnt his eyes. He didn't pay any attention to baring his stomach, thinking that he was alone. He wanted food and lots of it. His first stop was the ice box which he took no time in raiding, bending over to see what was stored on the bottom shelf. At home his family put the tastiest things at the bottom so it wouldn't be on eye level.

He hissed in approval. Seemed the house elfs stored something tempting there all right. He grabbed a plate and cut a slice of thickly iced chocolate cake. To start with he smirked. He turned to grab a fork and nearly dropped the whole damned thing when he spied the object of the majority of his dreams.

"You're a sight for sore eyes," he grinned.

Kat was thoroughly enjoying her food when she heard a pleasantly familiar voice which caused her to jump which sent her plate to the ground. Dear sweet Merlin he looks gorgeous like that she thought wide-eyed. Still sitting on the counter top she attempted to pull her robe even tighter around her and used the elastic around her wrist to pull her hair back loosely at the nape of her neck. "I could say the same for you," Kat said with a small little grin creeping up on her face. She looked at every inch of him in appreciation. She would have never guess that was hiding under those school robes and she blushed deep pink at the thought of it. Her blue eyes trailed along his muscular chest and down his arms when she noticed the small cuts. Kat hopped off the counter, nearly slipping as she did, but luckily catching herself. Grabbing a moist rag she took one of his arms gently in one hand and began to wipe away the small amount of blood there. Kat looked up at him with a smirk on her face and simply said, "Quidditch?"

Sumner suppressed a grin as he took his wand from the sheath he'd tied to his calf. Quickly he cast reparo on and evanesco on the plate and mess. He sheathed his wand and straightened slowly. He grinned down at Kat as she tended to his arm. "What else is there?" he laughed. His brown eyes scanned her from head to toe.

He hadn't seen a girl in their night clothes before yet he didn't blush at seeing her like this. The adrenaline rush had pumped up his testosterone and all he thought was there was a beautiful girl touching his arm. "Thanks," he ducked his head and brushed her lips with his.

"I should have guessed. I'd hate to see the opposing team when they play Ravenclaw this year. I'll have to watch my back now," she smirked as she tossed the rag to the side and ran a finger over the lines of his muscles. When she saw that he was looking at her from head to toe she immediately became very self-conscious and wrapped her arms around herself, holding her robe together at the neck, but her body almost went limp when he kissed her. Kat kissed him back with much enthusiasm and when she broke it off she was grinning up at him and said, "I could get a little too used to this!" She laid her small hands on his waist and rested her forehead on his strong chest, listening to the pounding of his heart. "You have a strong heart. I love that sound."

Sumner stiffened at having Kat so close to him. He stood still for a moment, his adams apple bobbing, then he wrapped his arms around her and leaned his head against the top of hers. One of the things he lov-liked about Kat was her way to cut right to the heart of things. She made him feel powerful. Like he could concur anything.

He buried his nose in her hair. His mind was an empty mess with her so near. "You smell good."

Kat felt Sumner stiffen and smirked a little bit. Remembering the book that Andy had gotten her she moved her hands around and began to lightly scratch the small of his back. Might as well try a few things out that I've read about she thought now scratching lightly up and down his spine, feeling how strong he really was.

She lifted her head to look at his face and joked, "You think I smell good now you should smell me on a day I've had a bath." Kat crinkled her nose up at him so he'd know she was joking and then chuckled to herself. That bloody book was right, that Jasmin shampoo really does work. Glad I decided to try it tonight she thought reminding herself that she'd have to thank Andy loads for it.

Sumner's chuckle cracked in the middle. He grabbed her by her shoulders and held her away from his body with a pained grimace. "Couldn't imagine you smelling any better than you do now," he tried for a weak grin. Oh sh1t. Oh no. Stay calm. Stay cool. Dead puppies, dead puppies, dead puppies...

"Uh think I need to eat something. Blood sugar's low." Hurriedly he grabbed his plate of cake and dug in, avoiding her glance. He rotated his shoulder where he'd crashed into the post earlier.

When he pushed her away Sumner seemed to have an odd look on his face. Kat slyly sniffed under her arms to make sure she really didn't stink, luckily she was in the clear as far as that went. Very confused she cleared her throat and went to sit back on the counter top and watched him eat his cake. "Umm, you gonna be okay?" she asked and when she saw him move his shoulder around Kat asked concerned, "Did you hurt your shoulder too?"

"Yeah I'll be fine. Just bruised it." He grinned a little. "Ran into a goal post." His eyes met hers. "I was thinking of you and lost my concentration." He looked away and pretended to study his cake as he polished it off. He wiped his mouth and scourgified the plate and fork then put them away.

He leaned back against the counter and put his hands on it behind him. "So you normally come down here late at night?" he chuckled awkwardly.

Kat's cheeks tinged pink and she said, "Sure you were!" She watched as he finished off his cake still thinking the whole time how incredibly awesome he looked after his rough practice. A slight electric current shuddered down her body and gave her an odd feeling all over...definitely something she'd never felt before and it made goosebumps on her arms and legs.

"Not usually. I skipped dinner tonight and couldn't sleep on an empty stomach so here I am. I'm guessing you worked up a healthy appetite playing quidditch then eh? Are you always so rough?" she asked and then snorted under her breath at how wrong the latter sounded.

Sumner rubbed his thumb over his cheek and nodded with a shy quirk of his lips. "Yeah, I guess I am. If there's not blood involved then it's not Quidditch." He started to feel a bit more relaxed. His shoulders weren't as tense which helped the discomfort. "I made Beater," he said with a touch of male pride. "Practice starts soon." He couldn't wait to bloody some heads.

Kat smirked as she slid off the counter and stood next to him, her arm touching his lightly. "I guess that's just one more thing I'll have to keep you distracted from," she said with a sly little wink and a grin. It was getting late and she knew that if they both didn't get back before curfew detentions would be handed out. As much as she didn't want to she knew as a prefect she should suggest them heading back to their respective houses. Sighing heavily Kat said with a slight pout on her lips, "I guess we should probably be getting back to our houses. I for one don't want to be caught out after curfew."

Sumner nodded and shoved his hands in pants pockets. "Want me to walk you to your portrait?" he offered with a wink. He didn't care that they had only enough time to get back to their houses before getting busted. Spending time with Kat was worth whatever the professors could dish out.

Kat thought Sumner was acting rather strange. One minute he went from being all over her and the next he was keeping a safe distance from her, but teenage boys seemed to confuse the heck out of her lately anyways so she just chalked it up to weird hormones. "Sure. Thanks!" she said with a sweet smile as she headed out of the kitchens and up the stairs to the seventh floor.

When they reached the portrait for Gryffindor house Kat looked up at Sumner, her blue eyes sparkling like they hadn't done in ages. Something about this boy made her whole body tingle and her heart soar...she was way past butterflies now this was a completely different yet exhilarating feeling. "So I guess this is where we say goodnight," Even though I could stay up with you all night she thought with a serene look upon her face.

"I guess it is." Sumner stood there awkwardly for a moment then nodded and abruptly turned to walk back to the stair case. What are you running from? She doesn't know what happened back there. He turned around on his heel and walked back to Kat. His hands shot up and gently grasped her face as he kissed her. What was happening to him? She was like oxygen to his starving lungs. He drew back and stared down at her in confused wonder before he brushed her lips one last time. "Good night," he murmured lowly. Then he turned back toward the stairs and took them two at a time to make up to the tower before he was caught.

Kat's face fell and then kind of screwed up at what had just happened. Had he seriously just turned around and walked off? Boys never cease to amaze me she thought shaking her head very confused. Just as she was about to turn and mutter the password she felt his hands gently grasp her face and pull her into a kiss. Kat grabbed his wrist lightly and kissed him back, feeling like she was floating. She was practically panting when he pulled away. She couldn't manage to get any words out as when he bid her good night. Kat touched her lips where his kiss still lingered and thought to herself Good night...it certainly was. With that she turned, gave the password to the lady in the portrait who merely 'tsked' at her and then headed up to her dorm where she snuggled into bed and fell right to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back