A letter home

Austin Zhefarovich

Wand
Knotted 14 1/2" Rigid Cherry Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Austin walked up to the owlry and jotted down a letter over the recent happenings in the school. He was being as quick as possible, and hoped that maybe his sister would reply soon. His eyes were cloudy, since his headache returned. He finished the letter and glanced down at it.
Dear Aleyha,

How have you been? I have been sick, but alas, I have been feeling better. How is Vera? Oh, I was sorted into Ravenclaw! I don't know whether that is a surprise to you or to mom. I miss you, baby sister, despite the arguments and fights we can get into. You know, I cannot really fly on a broom that well because of my arm. Yes, the arm you broke when you shoved me down those stairs. Maybe playing Quidditch isn't really an option for me. Well, I hope to hear from you again. And I should be home for Christmas like always.

Love,
Austin

Austin tied the letter around the owl's leg and murmured, "Take this home!" He sent off the family bird toward Australia. Austin stared out the window, wondering what like was like in his sister's shoes. She barely communicated with anyone. Only with Vera.

Aleyha didn't know what to expect until she felt Vera move on her neck. Aleyha glanced up and saw the family owl. She opened the letter, gave the owl a pat, and read it. She did not smile, but she chose to write back.
Austin,

Vera is doing fine. However, she is getting old, and it hurts me to know that snakes don't live forever. I just wonder if she will speak again for me. Congrats for the Ravenclaw thing for the hundredth time. You never get tired of that. Mom doesn't want you playing that game anyway. So, your welcome for the injury. Sad that you are sick, but I will tell mom you lover her.

Aleyha put the letter on the owl's leg, and made it fly off. Aleyha turned her attention to Vera, who now slid down her arm. She raised the snake to be eye level with her. Aleyha stared at the snake in the eyes, "I wish you would speak again..."

Austin checked the owlry the next day, and saw his owl with the letter. Austin smiled and laughed at Aleyha's mistake of spelling "love". He grew sad knowing that Vera was sick. However, he noticed the time of day, as it was growing night. Austin didn't have time to come and write out another letter. The owl perched on his shoulder, as he retreated to the Ravenclaw house. He hoped that his sister wasn't crazy with speaking to her snake. Although, he had a hunch that it wasn't a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back