Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Wendall <3
Wand
Curved 12 1/2 Inch Flexible Applewood Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Mary Lou was on a mission. She’d been working up the worlds best apology for over an hour. As soon as her first Charms class had ended, and she was still trying to process everything, she’d immediately gone in search of the boy who’d heroically rescued her from her confusion and showed her where she was supposed to be going. She had been terribly, terribly lost and then she’d run into him and although she had knocked into him, for which she had immediately apologised, she’d still felt terribly upset that she’d caused him any harm at all and told him there and then she was going to attempt to make it up to him. Had she been home, she would have made something for him, or she would have taken him to a picnic with all of the really nice foods he liked, whatever that would be, but as it was she didn’t know how to do any of that so she had to make do with apologising on her hands and knees, once she managed to find him. She’d not even had the time to ask his name as she’d been running around too much to even try and get his name. So it had been very hard to find him until she managed to some how find her way to the great hall to see him seated at one of the tables with all the students dressed in green robes. Her own robes sat awkwardly on her as she was never sure how to wear them properly. She missed her dresses. “Hello! Excuse me, begging your apologies, hi, I am so sorry!” She called to him as she made her way over before dropping onto her hands an knees. “I’m so sorry you got hurt because of me! Please let me try and make it up to you in some way!”

Jai Edogawa-Raven can already tell that this day was definitely going to be a long one. It had started out decently. His waking up was mostly pleasant, his sisters did not come to pester him as much, having found their entertainment in the Hufflepuff table ever since their younger brother had arrived in the school. The Ravenclaw and Gryffindor girls were quite the bundle of energy and despite loving them both, Jai could only be glad that he was not the outlet of such energy. Until of course Tizi would decide to bring him into the fray, which was bound to happen at some point in the day, which was apparently now, since they had decided that Jai would be walking Tizi to his first Charms class. After having such a lazy morning that the Slytherin was extremely grateful for, he was ready to take on the day. Especially since Misa and Feli had both listened to him and had ran off to their own classes. It was a good thing that his own class would be starting a little later - Ancient Runes on the sixth floor - so he had time to walk Tizi to his class. With his track record though, he really should have known to stay away from the hallways though.
The walk was pleasant enough, there were less people about since Charms class was about to start in a matter of moments. He got Tiziano to class with a few minutes to spare and had walked off to the staircases to make his way to his own class. As he walked, a portrait greeted him and Jai took his eyes off the hallway for one moment to wish the portrait a pleasant morning as well. One moment. Was he not visible in the middle of a near-empty hallway?! Was he?! It was one moment! One moment to be respectful and return a greeting! And next thing he knew, he was falling on his behind, managing to have his bag falling solidly on his midsection and a few of its contents spilling out, one connecting with his cheek rather painfully. Swear words that would have made his mother fuming spilled out of his lips at the pain before he glared at the culprit. A girl in Hufflepuff robes. Likely a first year if they were in this section of the castle. "Charms is that way," the Slytherin snapped at the time before gathering his stuff and storming off to his own class. What was up with this castle and people bumping into him?!
And everything led to this current situation. He was peacefully eating a snack after Ancient Runes while pressing a cold glass of water onto his bruised cheek. His siblings had inquired about it, of course, but he brushed them off. He hadn't even sent them off ten minutes before the girl that had bumped into him this morning showed herself. He really would have been a lot happier if she hadn't seeked him out. He was trying really, really hard to not murder her with a glare. Manners, Jai, his Mum's voice reminded him. He didn't doubt that his Dad would probably approve of giving the girl a piece of his mind though. His father, well, he was never sure what his father thought and with their track record with girls, Jai was sure he didn't want to know. "And how exactly are you going to make it up to me?" the boy asked. He knew he was being sort of unreasonable really, it was an accident. But this making it the however-many-times-it-happened-nth time, he wasn't really feeling up to reason. Maybe a few days from now he'll apologize for being snappy. Definitely not today though.

Mary Lou remained on the floor where she was, hands and knees shaking a little as she hadn't realised exactly how hard this floor was. It was bad enough that she was kept mostly awake at night from the nightmare of a talking hat, she hoped the dull physical pain of bruised hands and knees wasn't going to keep her up too. She looked up at him as he spoke, of course he was mad, she'd made him have an injury, she just hoped she could help him some how, make it up to him in some way. "I... I do not know exactly, I... I thought that perhaps you might know of a way?" She said, frowning slightly. This was probably the most pathetic apology. She was used to having the tools at her disposal to do this properly, but at the moment, she had nothing. "Is there... a kitchen, do you like food?" Surely everyone liked food, she could make him whatever he liked! Assuming he liked something she actually knew how to cook and she was only eleven, so her repertoire wasn't extensive. Not like her mothers had been.​

Jai didn't know how to deal with this girl. Or perhaps he just didn't know how to deal with girls in general - his sisters didn't count, they were on a whole other league after all. People were staring since the girl had dropped onto her hands and knees and while he didn't really care what people thought, he absolutely did not want to deal with the questions that would come up when it reaches the ears of his siblings. Thank Merlin they weren't around at this very moment. "Get up from there," he hissed while she seemed to be trying to think of a way of apologizing. Well, sure she had verbally apologized already but with the bruise on his cheek, he didn't really think just that would cut it. Normally, he'd be just fine and not associate himself with the person again, but frankly, the whole bumping into people scene had been getting annoying. He had half the mind to just use this girl as some sort of shield against people but with his luck, people would probably bump into her and then she'd bump into him - a domino effect. Nope, he was definitely not going to deal with that. His brows creased though when she asked about a kitchen and if he liked food. Well, he didn't exactly dislike food, it was a necessity after all, but there were some foods that he actually did like to indulge in from time to time. Cookies being the most prominent in his head. "Can you bake?" he challenged. Well, if she could provide him a nice batch of cookies then he'd consider calling it even.

Mary Lou turned slightly red as she was essentially ordered to get off the floor. She was greatful though, because that floor was ridiculously hard, moreso than it had looked initially, which was saying something as it looked really, really hard. She dusted off her hands as he spoke and she nodded vehemently. "Oh, yes I absolutely can bake!" She exclaimed, glad that this might be her ticket to forgiveness. Perhaps he knew there was a kitchen she could use. She could understand that he was a bit upset with her as she had caused him to have a cut on his cheek, she hoped that it would heal really well and not cause him problems in the future or else she would never be able to forgive herself. Despite everything, she wanted to be liked here, not ridiculed or hated simply for her ignorance, it was bad enough everything around her scared the heck out of her and she never knew what was going to be around the next corner, apparently including random boys who she knocked down and injured. What a story. She only wished she had someone she could tell it to. "I could make muffins, or bread, or do you like this little sweet tarts? I'm very good at those," she said, hoping he would give her the opportunity to earn him friendship. She could do baking, this was something magic couldn't take from her ever.​

Last edited:
Jai tried not to sigh at the obvious energy from the younger girl. Were people trying to apologize usually this energetic? Weren't they supposed to be at least a little more quiet and morose? This girl was definitely anything but and it was grating on Jai's nerves. He was used to energetic people, he really was, Merlin only knew the level of energy that his younger siblings could cook up, but he would really, really like to keep the energy only within that circle. Zennon was just as bad, and he was the closest that Jai has to a friend. Running his hand through his face at the girl's enthusiasm, he was starting to regret not driving her away as soon as she had arrived and dropped herself in that ridiculous position. "Cookies. Cookies and nothing else," he said rather sternly. He wasn't a fan of pastries much if it wasn't baked by his mum, but cookies were his favourite and those he didn't usually mind eating at all. Apparently the girl claims she was good and Jai had to hold back a scoff, he doubted that she was better than Sobo, Bella or Mum. His sort-of-grandmas and his mum simply made the best cookies and that was that. But he would wait to pass on judgment. For now, he was rather looking forward to having cookies - it would make this horrid day more bearable.

"Yes, I can do cookies, I love cookies!" No word of a lie there. She immediately turned around, looking for where she might be able to take him to make the cookies, only then realising she actually knew nothing about the castle and what she might do once she found it. She quickly turned back to the boy sheepishly. "Uh... I'm sorry, oh," she didn't want to tell him, but she had no other choice. He was older, right, so he would know. "Uh, I don't... I don't know how to find somewhere to make you cookies," she said softly, looking down at her hands as she twisted them together. It was times like this that she really missed her kitchen and Daphne. It was such a lovely and cute little kitchen too and now her Mama would be using it all alone, because Cindy would certainly refuse if she wasn't there too. She wasn't sure what she was going to do about her Aunt and Uncle, or her siblings, her her Daddy, or her Mama. She was so concerned she would never see them again and it was certainly a major possibility. She certainly hoped not.​

Jai was glad that since the girl seemed to know how to bake cookies, she would be out of his hair soon. Apparently though, he thought wrong and he had to suppress a groan that of course, she didn't know where the kitchens were. And of course, he just so happened to know where it is. It was a headache. It really was. And he wondered, why on earth was he the one dealing with this? This was just not happening. But it was. Jai could only think that the sooner this was all over and done with, the better. And so, he stood up, and tried really hard not to glare at the younger girl. Thank Merlin, he didn't have any more classes for the day and no Quidditch practice either. "Follow me and keep up," he said as he began to walk towards the doors of the Great Hall. This was going to be a reaaaally long day.
F I N I S H E D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back