A hopefully quick exchange

Joceline Richarde

OOC First Name
Pat
Sexual Orientation
Bi-Sexual
Wand
Yew Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Phoenix Feather.
Joce walked down to the Great Hall hoping to find Autumn, she wanted to get this gift exchange over with her. She didn't like having the Moon stone necklace laying around in her room because she knew who it belonged to. The girl put a knot in her little stomach for some odd reason.

As she walked in she looked over at the Ravenclaw table and a slight frown formed on her lips, Autumn was there but Thomas wasn't. She adjusted her pink top, so it hung loosely over her dark washed jeans. She ran her fingers through her brown hair and started walking over to the Ravenclaw girl she intended on giving the small gift that was wrapped in a silver and blue box with a small velvet box inside of it that held the necklace carefully.

"Happy Holidays," Joce said as she put the present in front of the girl's place setting. She smiled warmly at her and said, "Hope you like it love." God I'm so fake, she thought, knowing she was acting with her nice-ness towards the brunette.

Autumn had just finished up her exchange with Thomas and when he'd gone to put away his gifts she'd simply donned teh ring he'd gotten her and slipped her brand new bookmark into the book she'd brought with her to breakfast. She figured Thomas would join her soon.

She was brought from her glazed eyeing of the simple friendship ring adorning her right ring finger and turned when she heard Joceline's voice.

"Oh, hey Joceline! Happy Christmas to you as well." she said,"Exams were horrible but the ball was good fun. I only saw you once through the whole night. Did you turn in early?" she asked, as she had been genuinely concerned when she'd spotted the nameless date of Joceline's by himself for most of the evening.

Then she spotted the box as Joceline set it down and she reached for it politely,"Oh, why thank you. Here, I've something for you as well. I had no bloody clue what to get you as we haven't gotten to know eachother all that well, but I do hope you like it."

And with that, she pulled the Slytherin tote bag from under the table,"Here ya go..."

She then opened her gift,"Oh, Joceline it's lovely. I don't think I told you, but my birthday is June and this is one of my birthstones."

Autumn grinned at the girl,"I feel awful for not having gotten you anythign more...you other than the fact that it has your house crest on it. But hopefully by your birthday or whatever event is between now and then I'll have a better understanding of your personality and your likes and dislikes." she then held out her hand and the book,"Lookit what Thomas got me."

Joceline nodded her head once and lied masterfully though there was guilt clearly showing up in her voice, "I felt sick so I told Brandon I had to head in." She smiled politely at Autumn and said, "Thank you Autumn that's very nice of you." She raised her eye brows in surprise when Autumn said that her one of her birthstones was a moonstone and said, "Wow, I didn't know at all, I just thought it was something you might like."

She looked down at the tote bag and smiled at Joceline and said, "Oh no it's lovely." It's better then Thomas' gift, how would he ever get the idea that I liked quidditch, I hate heights with a passion, she thought thinking back to when she had lied to her best friend about his gift, she couldn't tell him that she didn't like it all that much as the thought was what counted but something about it made her feel that there wasn't very much thought put into it.

"Oh how lovely," she said with a warm smile then said, "He got me a book on quidditch." She almost rolled her bright blue eyes but didn't, she smiled gently at the girl and asked politely, "Hmm... Mind if I join you?"

Autumn frowned,"Oh my, well I hope you're feeling much better now. I think there's something going around. I was ill just before exams, but it was from stupidity and lack of sleep more than a flu bug." she said, shaking her head remembering how foolishly she'd handled things last semester.

"Well, I do like it, very much so in fact." Autumn assured her,"And I'm glad you like your present. I feel horrible for not knowing what to get you, but a girl can never have too many bags, am I right?" she joked, enjoying the camaraderie she felt with the Slytherin girl.

"Oh, I thought you hated flying. At least I think I remember correctly from last semester's lessons." Autumn blurted, but then nearly shrank back at what she'd just said. It probably made Thomas sound bad, but she was very observant that way. Oh dear, please don't let her think I meant it in a wrong way.

Deciding to try and cover up what she'd just said, she quickly hopped up,"I'd love your company, but I'm afraid I have to be leaving. I've got to meet up with Kailey and Luna back at the tower."

Joceline smiled at Autumn's joke then said, "I like gift shopping so it really doesn't matter much, plus my new family has more money then I could ever spend." As Autumn said that she thought she hated flying, she bit her lip anxiously and said, "Truth be told I hate flying more then anything at this school, which is saying a lot." She frowned slightly and said, "Don't tell Thomas though, I don't want him to feel badly."

She raised her eye brows as Autumn said that she had to go find Kailey and Luna she shrugged her shoulders lightly and said, "Suit yourself, I've got to find Brandon anyways." With that she walked away from Autumn and out of the Great Hall, hoping that she could go find him in his dorm room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back