OOC First Name
Katie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Bloodwood Wand 15 1/4" Essence of Phoenix Ash
Katalina had been thinking this over for quite some time. She was needing to have a conversation that was long over due and if she knew she was going to have to get to it sooner rather than later. She had a note written up and looked over it one more time before sending it.
Makato,
I think we need to talk. I’ve had a lot on my mind lately and I really need to talk to you. If you could meet me in the garden this afternoon then I would really appreciate it.
Kat
Kat sealed the letter and attached it to Lavendar’s leg and sent her owl on its way. With that, she grabbed her jacket and headed down to the garden to wait and see if Makato would show up. She got a sick feeling in the pit of her stomach and with that came the tears. Oh Merlin’s beard Kat…I thought you were past the tears last year she thought as the moisture continued to flow, making her blue eyes glisten in the winter sun. She found a bench and curled her legs up in front of her, resting her forehead on her knees and continued to cry.

Makato made his way to the garden. He had recieved a note from Kat and Makato was worried anytime some one said they needed to talk it was never a good thing. Kat must have something important to say to him. He hoped that it would all be okay but he had his doubts. As he reached the garden there sat his blue eyes on a bench bundled up.

"Hey blues eyes" Makato mad e his way over to the bench.

Though she heard footsteps, Kat didn't look up. When she heard his voice her heart dropped to the pit of her stomach. She wasn't ready for this, or at least it didn't feel like she was. This wasn't going to be easy, in fact, she felt a little nauseated. Sucking in a big gulp of air to stop herself from crying anymore, Kat wiped her now reddened eyes with the sleeve of her jacket and pulled her chin up to rest it on her knees. Not looking at Makato she said feebly, "Hi."

Makato wass really worried the girl had a look in her eyes that said she had some bad news for him , she also looked like she was crying. Makato sat down beside Kat and bundled up himself.
"What is wrong?"

Kat swallowed back the lump that was growing in her throat and blinked back a few more tears. "Do you ever see there being an 'us' again?" she asked him, still not looking at him whatsoever. She didn't think that her heart could possibly ache any worse than it had for the greater part of last year, but this definitely topped it all.

"I dont know, I came back and thought things could go back to the way they were but I was silly. You had grown up so mucha nd changed for the better and me... I ... I dont know what I am doing? " Makato said as he looked away from Kat.

Kat tucked her forehead back down, burying her face and started crying again. Dammit...Why is it always the two of us? Why can't destiny pick on someone elses life for a while? she cursed silently. She lifted her head and spun around on the bench to face him. "What do you want to happen? Things aren't good right now. We've grown so far apart and that honestly breaks my heart." Kat said to him quietly, shivering between the mix of nerves and the weather.

Makato sat and watched his blue eyes for a good long minute and did not know what to say. He then saw it there on her face, the look that told him everything. She liked him, if not even loved him but it was apainful love. She had stood beside him in the past and he did not show her the love she deserved. He had to let her go so that he would not hurt her anymore than she already was. He hated the idea but he knew that he was not the one for her and she deserved a real companion.

"Kat... I do not deserve your heart . I have stolen it from the world and now it is time for me to give it back. I want to be your freind because I love you too much to let you go all together." Makato said as he held back his own tears. He knew she would be better this way, it may hurt in the beginning but in time it will heal...but not without a scar. Makato shuddered at the thought but it was done.

Kat just sat there. She was shocked and didn't know what to say to him. She could tell that he was hurting, but she'd been nursing this exact same wound for the last year and a half. Kat hated it when he told her that he loved her because she knew that he meant it which made this whole thing even worse. If he didn't care for her at all then it would be so much easier for her to just to walk away, but the fact of the matter was that Kat knew the Makato loved her and she loved him in return.

Katalina grabbed Makato's hand in hers and laid her forehead on his shoulder. She sat there quietly for a good five minutes just crying, not knowing what to say to him. Finally after a little bit she lifted her head and took her free hand to wipe her face once again with the sleeve of her jacket. "I don't want you to let me go all together. I'm afraid that if you do then you'll forget about me and that would hurt me worse than anything. Promise me that we won't stop being friends. You promise?" she said as she looked at him pleadingly. Even though Kat knew that the two of them would never be together, at least not anytime in the near future, she couldn't bear losing him completely. She'd already done that once and didn't know if she could handle it again.

As his blue eyes looked up at him he knew she was in the same ship as he was but they knew that this was the best for them right now. As she sat and cried he sat and held her tight. It killed him every minute of it but it was his pain to bear, when she was all done she asked him to remain her friend.

"Aw Blue eyes , I will be more than your friend... I will be your best friend, well with out all the girlie stuff" He smiled as he began to tear up a little. Then he through his head back and laughed "You never know I may see you in detention again" Makato blinked.

Kat couldn't help but crack a small smile through her tears. When she looked him in the eyes she saw they had a bit of moisture in them too. She squeezed his hand tightly and said, "You'd better not get another detention, but if you do then I guess I could afford the time to help you out again." She laughed just a little at her comment and remembered back to the day in the trophy room. Things had been so easy back then and they were a bloody mess now. Kat rested her chin on Makato's shoulder and whispered softly, "Will you promise me one more thing?"

"Sure I can what do you want me to promise?" You know if you ever needed anything you can always ask and I will be there?" Makato said with a slight smile.

"Will you save me a dance at the Yule Ball?" she knew it was a silly request, but it was the one thing she wanted the most right now that she knew was a remote possibility. Kat looked at him seriously and said, "I know I can. And you know that I will always be here for you don't you?"

Makato sat there and thought the request over. In his mind he knew that it would be better if they seperated and took some time but he knew in his heart that he wanted more than anything to say yes.

Makato closed his eyes and said" I would love to save you that one dance?" . It was going to kill him but he would do it for her, he would have fought a dragon if she asked. He smiled weakly and up his arm for one last hug.

Kat smiled and wiped her eyes. She hugged him tightly and was reluctant to let him go, but knew that they both needed to get back to the castle. "So I'll see you then?" she more so asked rather than stated it plainly. Not even waiting for an answer, Kat stood on her toes and kissed his cheek, then whispered in his ear, "I miss you." With that she turned and walked out of the garden and back to the school, tears falling steadily the entire way.

Makato stared as she walked away from him, the cold air made whipped around him blowing a few leaves around. Makato felt the pain of loss hit him like a muggle truck. He could not see well his eye began to water, Anger at lossing another person in his life bubbled up and finally over.

Makato tipped his head back and yelled as loud as he could to the sky. Near by animals scurried from there holes and bushes and ran away from Makato in fear. It felt good to yell makato thought as he drop to his knees to catch his breath.

" I vow from this day for to be the greatest wizard there ever WAS!" Mkato yelled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back