A Good Start

Athena Zhefarovich

Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Wand
13 1/4" Cypress Wand with powdered serpent scale
Unlike in past years when she had dreaded the return trip to school, this year Athena had been eager for September to begin. It wasn't that she was eager for lessons, but she was eager to start her seventh and final year in the castle. And her vacation really hadn't been all that great. She was sure that her father hadn't forgotten about the whole boyfriend thing and the whole nearly burning down a room in the castle thing because the man had been even more protective than usual. Athena usually didn't mind it, but during times this summer, it had annoyed her so much. Athena just wanted some freedom, so she'd left her home and gone to Levi and Ariah's for several long weekends. Levi was only slightly less overbearing because he could definitely be a pain the ass when he wanted to be, but at least there was a cute baby to distract the teen. And, Ariah was pretty cool too.

Glad that she didn't have any early morning classes scheduled, Athena donned muggle clothes - a pair of jeans, sandals, and a tanktop- and headed out from the Great Hall. She was still munching on some grapes, a small vine of them in her right hand. The girl glanced at the students who were running about outside. She didn't recognize many of them, but they were teeny-tiny. At 5'10, Athena towered over the little first years. No way was I that small, she told herself as she continued on, heading for the cliffs. Before long, Athena was heading up the hill that led to the cliff. Thankfully, all seemed quiet. As Athena finished her last grape, she threw the vine over her shoulder and continued on, settling herself onto a rock that was near one of the edges. Her silver eyes glossed over what appeared to be several Bertie Bott's beans on the ground. It looked like some students had been having a party. She saw a green one that was either grass, mint or snot flavored, a beige one that was probably sand or wood and a black one. "Hmm..." she muttered, not sure what the black one could be. If it had some gray in it, she would have guessed pepper, but it was jet black. She hadn't come across that one before.

Kiara didn't know about anyone else, but she was definitely enjoying being back in the nice cool breeze of Hogwarts New Zealand. She was excited for her final year, as she was sure all of them were and she wanted to make sure that this year was going to be a blast. Having the Hogwarts Monthly as a reference was a good start even though she din't really know what she wanted to do when she finally graduated. She definitely wanted to travel for a while, that was something she was looking forward to doing soon. Maybe she would move out of her parents house and live alone for a while? Merlin knew she could do with the peace and quiet. Her parents not hassling her all the time, that she could definitely do without. Hogwarts had become a haven for her over the years, and so it was true that the thought of leaving really kind of scared her, but she would admitt that to no-one. This was her buisness and no-one elses. When people asked her how she was feeling about her final year, she tended to get defensive, but that was just her protective instinct. Some people ran, others feinted, like that Andy boy and she, well, she tended to usually make things worse, but it always worked itself out in the end and that was really all she had to worry about to be honest. Today, Kiara was heading towards the cliffs. She had been here a few times with Jennette and Oliver, but she had never been here alone, atleast not since the first year. Not many people remembered that she had first been attending school here, but then transferred to Beauxbatons, only to transfer back in her fourth year. She shrugged, she didn't care nor mind. As long as she Graduated, she could give where it was from.

However, as Kiara got closer to the Cliffs, she realised that she was not going to be alone. There was in fact, some-one already there. It was a some-one that Kiara knew very well. She smiled as she walked faster to where her friend was and looked at the area curiously. Had some-one had a party and not bothered to invite them? She shook her head and focused her attention on Athena. "Hey Athena! It's great to see you. How were your holidays?" Kiara's holidays had been filled with yelling and screaming and her repeated attempts to discover if obliterating ones parents was illegal or not. As of yet she had neglected to find her answer. Kiara sat on a rock close to the one Athena occupied and rolled her neck. It was still stiff from the way she had been sleeping and she scrunched her nose at the thought that she was going to have to sleep in the same position again. She was currently busy sorting through some old things that had been shoved in her trunk and so she had to sleep around them, but she some-how managed. "Do you suppose these are from a party? Maybe some first years that don't know how to clean up after themselves?" She wondered as she looked around at the mess of sweets.

Athena turned her head, a smile on her face, as a voice she recognized spoke to her. Seeing her Slytherin roommate, one of the few she actually liked and associated before her, was more than a nice surprise. Even though Athena had ventured to the cliffs alone, she didn’t really want to be alone. She rarely did, though she was sure that news would surprise most. Athena didn’t make friends easily and was left alone, more often than not, but sometimes she just really wanted company that wasn’t family. It was easy enough to find a family member floating around the school. The Zhefaroviches seemed to be everywhere, but sometimes that was the problem. In a school where a family member was around every turn, Athena sometimes felt stifled. She loved her family desperately but sometimes it was difficult to be free when she knew that one of them was watching. Hanging around with Kiara was a case in point. Athena’s family disapproved of her hanging around with those who weren’t purebloods, and in most cases Athena agreed. But, Kiara was so much fun. And, Athena had never outright asked her roommate if she was pureblood or not. She knew that the reason she hadn’t asked was because she was afraid to hear the wrong answer because there absolutely was a wrong answer to that question. Ignorance was bliss, however. “It’s great to see you too” she replied easily before shrugging her shoulders. She had seen her friend asleep this morning, but between helping the first years settle in, prefect’s meetings, NEWT classes and settling herself in, she hadn’t caught up with her friend yet. “It was ok, I guess. I spent most of it at my brother’s house, playing with my niece.” The Slytherin thought for a moment and then grinned. “And my dad still hasn’t found out about this” she indicated, lifting her tank top to reveal her belly button ring. She had gotten it over a year ago now and he still hadn’t seen it. “How was yours?” she asked, realizing that she didn’t know much about Kiara’s home life. The less she knew, the better. It made it easier to deny her friend’s blood status.

Athena rolled her silver eyes at the idea that first years could have this much fun. She looked around, seeing other signs that students had gathered in the area recently. It looked like someone had been having a good ol’ time on the cliffs. “Doubt it. They are still afraid of their own shadows. I bet it was seventh years, and if I found out that it was and I wasn’t invited, I’m going to be kicking someone’s ass.” Athena frowned. She certainly knew enough seventh years that she should have been invited to an event if there was one. She wasn’t like some of the other prefects who would rat out anyone who even stepped a toe outside after curfew. “What flavor do you think that one is?” she said, kicking at the black bean that she still hadn’t managed to figure out.

Kiara smiled at her friend. She knew that their was alot of controversy from places concerning their friendship. RHI had made a go of them too once. She could still remember their article and often found herself wondering, what they had possibly done together to bring something like that up? She certainly didn't know, and she and Athena had never talked about the incident, but the point was that RHI had made it up and for a few weeks there, Kiara and Athena hadn't been able to hang out without people coming and asking them if it were true. She shook her head. It was always a different kettle of fish when it was yourself involved. She nodded when she listened to Athena talking. It occurred to her that they didn't eally know all that much about each other. Of course she knew why. It was for the same reason that Athena had always made a point of shying away from anything that could possibly reveal her blood status. She knew that Athena was Pure-blood, who didn't, but she also knew that Athena knew she wasn't even without asking her. It made Kiara feel sorry for Athena, yet at the same time she appreciated the fact that Athena always made sure that she never outright knew whether or not Kiara was Pureblood. Not that it made Kiara like her any less. Athena was one of her only female friends. She didn't particularly like the others in the dorm. They were kind of annoying and so she and Kiara often went off on their own, or the others left. Most didn't like to get close to Athena, in Kiara's opinion because of her last name. Zhefarovich. Everyone Slytherin worth their salt knew that name. There were many around the school. Though Kiara was only close with Athena. She didn't really know the others.

Kiara smiled at Athena laughed. True, they saw each other most mornings, but it was different then being together and hanging out. In the morning Kiara was usually pretty moody. She wasn't a morning person at all. Most of the girls didn't talk to her in the morning because of this. "Yeah, I mean I know we see each other most mornings, but this is different, you know?" She asked, kicking a rock on the ground over the cliff. That was a pretty good kick if she said so herself. She liked hanging out with Athena. Justin was really loud and he often liked to think that Kiara was there simply to obey his every whim, which wasn't true of course, though she was happy that they had made up towards the end of last year. She had missed seeing Justin when she hadn't been talking to him. She oohed appropriately when she saw Athena's sparkly belly ring again. She had forgotten that it was bejewelled. She wouldn't have minded getting one herself infact. Maybe a little different to Athena's but she did want one. "I don't know how you hide that thing from them Athena, but keep up the good work." She laughed. Kiara knew that her own parents would have a fit if they found out about something like that. Probably rip it out of her stomach. They were pretty strict about that. "Eh, my holidays were pretty average too. Though I had to spend the entirety of them with my parents. I swear come Graduation I am sooo moving out!" She said as she threw her hands up in the air dramatically, it was ridiculous how they complained about every little detail of everything. Though, at least they actually paid a little bit of attention to her now. That was good.

"I honestly think my parents believe that by ignoring me and then complaining, they are being good parents. How little they know." She added laughing. It wasn't that she hated her parents. She just found them irksome. When Athena mentioned the party again she shrugged. It probably was seventh years, but Kiara didn't know anything about it. She never did. "Meh, I never get invited anyway. The seventh years have an aversion to me for whatever reason." Athena already knew this, but Kiara mentioned it anyway. She didn't really care, but she thought the idea of Athena kicking someone's ass was pretty funny. She smiled "I'll bring the popcorn." She told her friend, winking slightly. Athena was great fun! They would just have their own party if they had too. When Athena kicked over a black or dark blue bertie bott's bean, Kiara stared at it for awhile. It might have been blueberry, or blackberry maybe? They would never really know unless one of them ate it. Kiara wasn't going to do that! "Hmm, maybe Blackberry, or Blueberry maybe? We won't know unless one of us eats it and I am NOT doing that!" She laughed. "We can always go find a first year to feed it too. Your a prefect, they should trust you." She laughed. Justin was fun, but Athena was god for stuff like this. Though how she ended up being the friend of two prefects she would never know.
OOCOut of Character:
I dunno, I said that Kiara knows about the belly ring, but correct me if I am wrong and I will change ^_^

Athena had a smug expression on her face at her ability to hide her piercing. Mostly, she hid it by not wearing it when she knew that she would be wearing a cropped shirt or a sheer one. Her father was extremely observant and even when she wore baggy shirts, she was certain that he had caught a glimpse. It was a bit scary, but Athena enjoyed living on the wild side even if her act of rebellion was small. The Slytherin wasn’t even sure that her father was against a belly piercing, but she knew he wouldn’t be pleased to discover that she’d gotten it with the boy she shouldn’t have been dating. That she had dated a guy was bad enough. She was certain that the other implications would mean the end of a social life for Athena if her dad found out. That wasn’t a risk she was willing to take. As Kiara stated that she wanted to move out once she graduated, a smile crossed Athena’s face. Sometimes, she wished to do the same but she knew that it was unlikely to happen. “Ugh…I know what you mean” she stated, rolling her eyes in commiserations. Parents were the worst sometimes. “My dad doesn’t ignore me, but sometimes he is too much into my business.” Athena loved her father, but as she grew older she wanted more space. It was stifling to constantly be watched over.

As Kiara continued, Athena looked down at her hand. A bug was on it and she quickly shook her hand to get the black beetle off. Shaking her head quickly, Athena was quick to agree. “Eww…me neither!” Her eyes focused on the bean again as her friend made a most excellent suggestion. She quickly reached for the bean, holding it between her forefinger and thumb, a devious expression crossing her face and reaching her silver eyes as she looked at her roommate. “That is an excellent idea.” The seventh year slipped the bean into her pocket where it would sit until she found a victim. “You have the best ideas sometimes, K.” Athena laughed as she turned herself to face Kiara. Looking around to make sure they were alone, Athena spoke. “You know…we should do it. Have a party.” The seventh year smiled before continuing. “It is our last year after all. And you could invite Juuustin…” Athena finished in a sing-song voice, giving a wink to her friend. She wasn’t sure what their relationship was about, but she thought that they liked each other. She’d never seen them kiss or anything, but she wouldn’t be surprised to walk in on them in a compromising position one day. Athena didn’t know Justin all that well despite their seven years together. She knew him as a house mate, a fellow seventh year, a fellow prefect and a mutual friend, but she couldn’t have told anyone his birthday if asked.

The prefect waited to see what her friend had to say about the idea. It was true that they were usually not invited to hang around with the other seventh years. Athena usually didn’t care since she disliked many of the seventh years. Still, it was their last year. The last time they would all be together, for better or for worse.
OOCOut of Character:
She would definitely know. :)

Kiara snorted slightly. It was not very lady-like but no-one had said she was a lady. They were so close yet they knew nothing about each other. Kiara knew why and she accepted it, but it was hard to know what to say to Athena on every given day, normally she just let Athena pick there topic, but of course that didn't always work. She had to wonder how long it would take for them to drift apart after school was finished for them. She hoped it wouldn't happen but she didn't really see anyway around it. Maybe Athena knew more then she did, but she knew the Zhefarovich name, she didn't know what happened in private, but she knew about as much as every one else, maybe a little more for what she had been able to figure out from her friendship with Athena. She shook her head, she would just make the most of the rest of the school year, she couldn't very well just forget about her friendships, but sometimes you had to make the most of the time you had, that was just what she was going to do, from now until she had to leave. Kiara nodded. Athena and herself were a lot alike. They were pretty similar in personality, except for Athena's family, they could have been the same person, well, not really, but she knew that they had similar interests. "I hear ya, though my parents seem to think that they know everything about me. I bet a belly ring would really put'em out." She laughed, tilting her head to think about what kind of belly ring she would get, if she ever made up her mind to get one. Athena was braver then her. Kiara would be too scared to have anything sharp near her stomach. She got kind f paranoid about it.

Kiara smirked when Athena declined eating the bean. She laughed, of course she wouldn't. Who would want to eat it? Not like either of them were that weird. Though the idea of a firstie eating it kind of excited her. She liked playing tricks on first years. Her and Justin had done it a few times, she was glad that Athena was even considering it. She waved her hand dismissively and fixed her hair, speaking in a posh voice. "Oh Athena, one cannot simply live on bad ideas." She said, grinning and looking around them. There were no first years in the immediate vicinity but she didn't think that it would be too hard to find one. Usually they were in groups, to keep themselves "safe" from the older kids. Kiara giggled to herself. She didn't think that they would be expecting a Prefect to give them a dirty bean. Though, Athena was still a Sytherin after all. She also doubted that the first year would dob. No one liked dobbers. "We should go find a first year, bet there are some up near the castle. Their still too scared to come down this way." She snickered. She stopped laughing at the thought of a party. She liked the idea, but would anyone even come? No one liked to hang out with them. She was positive it had something to do with RHI, which she still didn't understand. Athena and her didn't do anything and they certainly were not in love. She sighed and then gaped as Athena mentioned Justin, in that sort of weird cutesy voice reserved for talking about partners.

Kiara pouted and pushed Athena gently. "Don't say such things Athena. We are friends. That's it." She was a little more forceful with the last part of her sentence. She turned her head away and folded her arms across her chest. It was true, she liked Justin, she had for a while, but she was too scared to say anything to him. He seemed quite happy with the relationship they had and she didn't want to mess it up. She turned back to Athena and smiled. "I do like the idea of a party though, do you want to invite all the seventh years? Or just certain ones?" She asked, tilting her head and thinking about the preparation this was going to take.

Athena nodded her head in agreement, though she continued to stay seated. If she remembered the bean in her pocket when she made her return to the castle, she would find a first year and persuade them to try the bean. She knew that she could use her prefect status to get them to do almost whatever she wanted, and if that didn't work, she would use her charm. At that thought, she smiled to herself. Charming was not a word that she nor anyone else would use to describe Athena. Her way was a little too rough around the edges during the best of times and downright icy during the worst. The gentle push from Kiara moved her mind to other things. Athena went with the push, gently swaying as she listened to the words coming from her friend. "If you say so" Athena responded with more than a hint of doubt in her voice. "For the record, I think you two look cute together. As friends or whatever it is you two want to call yourselves." The blonde played with the strands of her hair, her silver eyes pointedly not looking at her friend's face. She was pretending to be bored at the talk about love, but she wasn't. Athena had an unnatural interest in happily ever afters.

Glad when the subject could shift back to her party idea, Athena looked back up. Athena thought about the question for a moment. Who should they invite? Athena was against inviting some of their roommates, mostly because her life was better when she pretended they were just parts of the room that unfortunately lived and breathed. The other reason was that when she did tune into what they were saying it was, more often than not, some snide comment that alluded to what they thought Athena and Kiara did when the lights were out. It was always mumbled under their breath so Athena never got exactly what they were saying but she got enough. Still, it would be difficult to keep such an event from them. If they weren't invited, she knew that the chances of them ruining the festivities for everyone were high. They were Slytherins after all, and Slytherins always looked out for number one. The number of other people that Athena had questions about inviting were numerous, but there were just as many reasons to not keep the information from them.

"I don't know if it would be a good idea to invite Aphrodite or Samual" she stated with an eye roll. "They're too goody-goody and I don't think they'd let us have any fun" she continued with a small pout. After a moment, she shrugged her shoulders. "We can invite everyone else though. If we don't, I think they'll find out anyway and either try to crash the party or tell a professor." She didn't want either of those things happening. Even if they didn't particularly like Athena or Kiara, she couldn't see many people outright saying no to a party and a night of fun. At the very least, she was certain that some of them would be curious to hang around them just to see if the rumors about the two blondes were true. Rumor Has It had done a number on their reputation, making people think they were more than just the friends that they were. It was a ridiculous idea to Athena, but the rumors persisted. "What do you think?"

Kiara smiled at Athena. Though she was only half serious about the first year thing, she was actually considering it. Kiara shook her head, laughing lightly as she listened to Athena speak again. It was obvious that Athena didn't believe her. Hell, she didn't even believe it herself, so how was she supposed to convince one she saw as her best friend of the fact. It was a strange term Kiara thought. Best friend, like saying that one friend was better then all the others and she thought that was a little mean, but considering how close she and Athena were, she thought it was an appropriate term to use. Though in saying that, Kiara had to remind herself that whilst, they seemed close to everyone else, they were in fact miles apart. Regardless of the stupid things those idiot girls from the dorm said, the only things that Kiara and Athena did was talk and they did that mostly to annoy the Sh$t out of their roommates. They would often have very loud discussions about which of their dorm mates they hated the most and who they were going to ignore the most. It was kind of petty and childish, but they didn't care, the girls in question would counter with loud and rather crude discussion about them. Some of them even made Kiara cringe. Which wasn't that easy. "Well, I am glad that someone likes us together. If my parents had their way, I would be a conservative, intimacy hater by now." She said as she folded her arms across her chest. She liked her skirts, dresses, make up and that other stuff. She was always forced to dress like an old lady with her parents. She didn't dress like a sl00t as it was, despite what certain RHI fans thought, but she liked her style, it was kind of weird, but, she liked it at least and Athena and Justin didn't judge her, so what she care right?

Kiara bit her lip and pouted as she thought about the party. She didn't know who to invite, she didn't really make it a point of getting to know all the Seventh years if she didn't associate with them. If they weren't Oliver, Justin Athena or Jennette, she could not even care enough to give them the time of day. Kiara agreed with the fact that they shouldn't invite either Samual or Aphrodite. In saying that, she didn't think they should invite that Hazel girl either, or anyone that would be likely to tell Aphrodite. She looked at Athena as she thought about it and smiled as she thought about Andy Hydran, the fainter. She laughed rather loudly and nearly fell off of her spot on the rock. "We should invite Andy Hydran. I bet Hades would have fun just playing with him in a corner somewhere. He probably wouldn't come, but it gives me the most hilarious mental pictures." She told her friend as she had to steady herself on the rock again. There weren't many Gryffindors that she wanted to invite. There weren't that many people that she would want to invite anyway, but they couldn't just have the tiny party of like five people. She didn't really like them, but they would probably have to invite people like Arielle and Azolla, Hades, if he would even come, Star , though she could tell Samual. Kiara was sure those two were friends. "I'm not entirely sure who to invite to be honest with you." She said as she went back to thinking. "I'll just leave all the invites to you and I will work on the other stuff. How's that?" She asked laughing again.

"Aha! I knew you liked him!" the Slytherin prefect exclaimed, glee on her features at being right. Kiara's words were as close to a confession as she thought she would get. She could definitely commiserate with what her friend was saying though. Her father had strict rules about his daughters dating, so strict that people who they were interested in often disappeared. Athena wasn't sure exactly what her father had done to Matthew, but he had never contacted her again. And she hadn't even run into him during her trips to Brightstone where he lived. Athena hadn't been looking for him, but deep down she had the feeling she wouldn't find him if she did. "Mine too. I think my father would rather I didn't even look at a guy until I turn 30." Athena tossed her blonde head. "And that is sooo not happening." The Slytherin wasn't in a rush to be in a relationship, her father and brother aside, but she was eager to find love. She wanted the sort of love that she saw every time she went over to Levi and Ariah's home. She wanted to one day have a husband and eventually some children since it was unlikely that she would find a man who didn't want an heir. Even if she wasn't exactly sure of what she wanted to do with her life, career wise, she was certain of this. Athena knew that Kiara had similar ideas.

A pang went through the Slytherin as she realized that she'd never find out if Kiara ended up finding her true love. The teen knew that their friendship had an expiration date, one that was quickly approaching. Once they graduated from the school, Athena would no longer be able to justify being friends with Kiara. She knew that they could continue to see each other in secret, but that would mean Athena admitting that it was wrong to be friends with Kiara. It was a terribly complicated situation, one that made Athena sad when she thought about it for too long.

As Kiara continued speaking about their party plans, Athena was able to push the melancholy thoughts out of her mind. She nodded her head vigorously- bothering Andy was a favorite pastime- before realizing something. "Ohmigosh. I can't believe I almost forgot to tell you. Do you know that Aphrodite and Samual were crazy enough to put them on patrol together?!" The Slytherin slapped her leg with glee. "I would kiss a mudblood for a chance to be on that patrol"Athena laughed heartily, thinking of Andy at a party and how the patrol with her cousin would go. When she finally got some control, she nodded. "That sounds like a plan" she smiled. The Slytherin knew that the party was a risk, but it was their final year and she planned on making it a good one.

Kiara shushed her friend when she exclaimed her joy. "Ah! Athena! Shut it!" She called, looking around to make sure that no one was around. "Merlin! Your voice carries. Don't you know that?" She asked as she laughed slightly at the other girls loudness. It wasn't very often that they got to hang out, but they always had fun when they were together. It didn't matter where, though outside was always a source of enjoyment for her. Even though Kiara and Athena had met in a Library, during Kiara's really flirtatious days, she had grown fond of spending her time with Athena outside. She smirked to herself as she thought about how she used to be, her personality. Now, she hated people like that, probably because she understands it. Athena had really helped her to settle down. She supposed that it was because she actually had a reason not to go flirting with boys. Then there was Justin and Jennette and Oliver as well. Of course Athena was her more popular choice when it came to who she was going to hang out with. Of course she didn't hve anything against her other friends, she just found that she tended to relate more to Athena then to some other people. Kiara found herself laughing again at her friends confession about her father. Well, her own parents weren't like that, but they barely paid any attention to her anyway, so she didn't really know. "Yeah, like, I mean my parents don't pay much attention to me, but I'm sure there is no way they would let me have an interest in boys until I was like fifty and by then there is no way I would want to be having my first child." Kiara said, nodding along with Athena's words. Of course, Kiara wasn't in a rush to be having kids, but her first kid before she was thirty would be nice, maybe between about twenty five to twenty seven. If she had a girl, she would definitely name it Athena. Not only did she like that name, but it would honour the friendship that she had with the Prefect, that way, she would never forget Athena, even though she never would anyway. You can't just forget three and a half years of friendship.

Kiara often wondered what she would do after she graduated. She knew that Justin wanted to be a Quidditch player when he Graduated, but he wasn't on the team this year because he was too busy, it always fell to Kiara to organise his things. Not that she complained of course, she didn't mind all that much, but she had her own stuff to do too, which annoyed her when Justin made her do stuff for him first. He was so selfish, of course, she was too. She smiled at her own thoughts, what would she do when she Graduated? There wasn't really anything that interested her in France, so maybe she could move out here and look for a job? She was sure that it could be fun, maybe she would even bump into Athena from time to time, considering after Graduation, she was sure that Athena would be forced to drop her. It was harsh, but true. The unfortunate circumstances they found themselves in was neither of their fault, but just something that had happened. As much as Kiara hated it there was nothing could be done, not really, she was just going to have to grin and bare it. She sighed, it wan't something she liked to think about, but lately she had been thinking about it all the time, trying to psych herself up she guessed. It was - of course - always hard to lose a close friend.

Kiara nearly fell off of the rock at the next words to leave Athena's mouth. Love Goddess and McHappy had done what now? She had to use Athena as a post so as not to fall on her @rse. She stopped herself from snorting and looked at Athena. "Are you serious?! That has to be the best thing I have ever heard!" She exclaimed, doubling over again at Athena's declaration about kissing a mud blood. "Stuff a mud blood, I would poke Hades in the face to see that!" She wasn't sure if she was serious, but it would be hella funny, for the witnesses to her death anyway. She couldn't believe that the head people would actually do something that stupid! Weren't they supposed to be smart or something. She nodded, smiling at Athena. She wondered if they would ever get this party done. When would they even find time to plan it anyway? She sighed, she was back to the whole, never see Athena again thing, but she shook her head, she did not want to think about it right now. They fell into a kind of silence. It wasn't uncomfortable, but neither wanted to voice what they were thinking. At least that was how she felt anyway.

Athena looked around in an exaggerated way, first to the left and then to the right. "There's noone around. Relax" she stated, her eyes rolling as she shook her head at her friend. It was funny to her how nervous her friend was about someone overhearing about her liking Justin. The Kiara she had known before wouldn't have behaved that way, but it was obvious that her friend had changed a lot over the years. She had too. Not only was she several inches taller, but she was a bit more outgoing. It was not a good thing for most people because she was also much more of a b**** to most people since she wasn't as afraid to speak her mind.

When she saw Kiara's reaction, Athena almost wished that she had thought to bring her camera with her. Kiara was taking the hilarious news just as she wanted her to. "I know, right?" the Slytherin laughed. "I bet McHappy thought he could get them to make friends by throwing them together." Athena rolled her eyes, wondering if that was why her first patrol was with him, as she added, "I bet Andy leaves the school after his patrol." She was off, another fit of giggles as she finished. It was a few moments more before it subsided. Athena stood up and turned to her friend, holding her hand out to help her up. "Let's see if we can find a first year" she stated. The Slytherin didn't think it would be too difficult to do. They walked around in large groups as if that would keep them safe.

Kiara smiled. She was going to enjoy this time they had together. She didn't really know how much more time they had of being friends. Of course she wanted to be friends with Athena, but after this year, Athena would not be able to justify the friendship to her family any longer. However, Kiara was determined to be happy, she wasn't going to be sad about any of this. She still had the whole year ahead of her. Kiara had to wonder what her life would be like without her bestfriend in it. It was true that she did not like, nor understand the term 'bestfriend' but the meaning behind it was true, for her and Athena. Kiara could tell Athena anything and she did, as long as it would not cause problems. She knew that if Athena could, she would tell Kiara everything, so they were best friends with limits really. Kiara did not let this bother her but, because for now, their friendship was safe. For now.

Kiara nodded at what Athena said. That was probably exactly what he had been thinking. She smirked at the thought. That poor dope. "I agree with you Athena. McHappy obviously tried to make them friends. I might have to sneak into that patrol, just to see!" She laughed, running her hand through her hair and standing up. "I wouldn't be surprised if he died on the Patrol and we start seeing a ghost of Andy floating around the castle." Kiara laughed along with Athena and rubbed her eyes as they started to tear up. She nodded as she heard what Athena said. "Yeah, let's go. Pretty sure I saw a group of girls up by the Rosebush." She headed in the direction she had just said. She was sure that eventually they would find a victim.

Fin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back