A Gift.

Lisa Boatwood

Wand
Lignum Vitae Wand 16" Essence of Dragon's Whisker
An owl swooped into the Ravenclaw Girl's Dorm, hooting softly. Lisa awoke with a start, but then sighed with relief as she realised what it was. The owl held out its leg; a letter was attached to it, and Lisa recognised her aunt's writing.

Sitting up in bed, Lisa tore off the letter from the owl's leg. The bird flew to her bedpost, evidently waiting to see if Lisa would reply before taking its leave. The new Ravenclaw eagerly tore open the letter. A ring dropped onto the covers. It was beautiful, with a sapphire in the centre. the letter read:

Dearest Lisa,

Congrats on being Sorted! Ravenclaw, just like me! I'm a very proud woman.
I am writing to you for two reasons. One is to congratulate you, the other is to give you this ring. It was your fathers; he left it in his will for you. I forgot about it, though; but I've remembered now, and here it is. I hope you like it.

All the best in your new school,
Elaine
xxx

Lisa fought a tear as she slipped the ring on her finger. It fitted perfectly, like it was made for her. She motioned the owl away, and watched as it took off into the night. She lay down again, intending to write back to thank Elaine first thing in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back