A gift exchange

Patricia Styx

OOC First Name
Pattycakes!
Sexual Orientation
Hetrosexual
Wand
Ash Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Tail Hair of a Male Unicorn | Willow Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Gold Dust
Patricia smiled weakly at his words. It was true the crying did help her but she was hoping that by now she had been able to think about her brother and not cry - obviously not. Patricia shook her head in amusement at the thought of the amount of times the words 'I'm sorry' (or at least words to that affect) had been shared between the two tonight. Although she was glad they had, she had hated the time where the two weren't speaking to each other.

It was amazing to the 14 year old at how childish she had been in the past few months, first with the whole Kalif-being-her-father thing, then not telling Rukevra - her friend, why she had disappeared on Halloween night. Needless to say she was disappointed in herself, but tonight had made up for that at least, she could enjoy the rest of the night without fear of a broken friendship.

Patricia beamed when Rukevra agreed to the dance. Feeling his arms wrap around her waist she raised her arms to fit around his neck - always having the problem with him being taller than her but at least she had heels on to make it somewhat easier. As the words of the song filled the hall Patricia couldn't help but smile, and somewhat laugh, at how relevant the words were to the two friends. As the words continued Patricia continued to sway to the music easily with the Gryffindor - it seemed like the perfect end to the night, because alas it was getting late.

Looking up at Rukevra, wondering if he was thinking about the lyrics to the song as well a thought came to her. Straightening herself up she broke apart slightly, "Oh I just remembered." she said with a small laugh. "I know it's a bit early still, but do you want your Christmas present?" she asked with a smile. She had thought of the idea of giving him a present after she was certain they had become friends - she would have found it weird to get a person a present after just one meeting. When she was looking for Christmas presents for her friends she had had the best idea for Rukevra, she had to go through a little bother getting it, but she had it. Seeing it, all wrapped, up in her room for the past few weeks had caused her to frown, she had thought she would never have the chance to give him the present, but now seemed like the perfect time - even if it was a bit noticeable.

Felling the young girls arms around his neck, Rukevra attempted to lower himself; allowing her a little less stretching to reach him. The song filtered through the young boys ears, causing him to reflect on the previous months at the castle. Everything he had done seemed to push him further away from his future. The words to the song told him to hold on. To keep fighting. The boy in him wanted nothing more than to feel the love of his mother. The wizard in him wanted a fresh start. But the man in him, the man wanted to protect his friends. Any partners had made their way from the hall, as the night drew on. Only those dancing for a reason remained behind. Rukevra felt he had the perfect reason to stay.

As the Hufflepuff looked towards him, Rukevra felt the girl break away. A knot formed in his stomach for a brief second. Surely not again. He couldn't cope with a second time. Confusion flashed across the boys face. She had bought him a gift. Thoughts immediately raced through his head. "Why has she bought me a gift?". "I haven't bought her anything.". "What do I say?". "Do I accept it?". Taking in her smile, the young boy attempted to speak; slightly shocked anyone would buy him a gift. "I.. Wow. ". He sounded ridiculous. "You didn't have to get me anything. This dance is enough.". Rukevra cringed at how bad he was sounding. His confidence wavered slightly.

Patricia looked up as her friend's expression turned into confusion, she laughed slightly at his remark. "Oh nonsense." she said shaking her head. Maybe the dance would have been enough to please Rukevra, but Patricia had grown accustomed to buying her friends Christmas presents. Well she now considered Rukevra as a friend and as such, got a present. "It can be an extra bonus for you then." she said with a playful wink. Looking round the hall she saw that it was much less crowded than before but there was still a number of couples lazing around the food tables and dance floor. "Um to you want to go out to the Entrance Hall. Away from prying eyes and whatnot." she said with a small shrug of her shoulder.

The slight laughter which escaped the young girl brought Rukevra back into the hall. Her words caused the beginnings of a smile to sit across his features, growing as the continued to speak. Her wink made him realise how much fun he was having. From tomorrow onwards, the young wizard would do his best to change his future. At his friends next set of words, the young gentleman nodded his head. If she required privacy, then he would oblige. "After you.". Rukevra indicated towards the doors with his left hand, smiling again as he did.

Patricia grinned as Rukevra agreed to join her out in the Entrance Hall. He took his hand and lead him out, a small knot forming in her stomach, what if he doesn't like it? she wondered as she bit her bottom lip weaving in and out of the remainder of people. She tried to push that thought out of her head, she didn't know Rukevra the best, only knowing him for a little over a month, but she knew even he didn't like it he was too much a gentalman to tell her, at least she hoped so. Reaching the Entrance Hall she turned to face Rukevra, "Alright close your eyes so I can summon it." As soon as she was sure his eyes were tight shut she took out her wand and casted the summoning spell on his present. After waiting for no more than a minute Patricia heard the swooshing noice of his present making its way down to her. Turning she saw it coming and grabbed it with her hand. Unfortunately once Rukevra saw the present, even though it was wrapped, he would know what it was, but she didn't mind. Holding his present she took a breath and said, "Ok you can open your eyes now." Smiling to hide her nerves.
The present

Almost as soon as he spoke, the young boy felt himself being lead from the hall. Thoughts of what the present could be ran through his mind. Stepping out-side of the great hall, Rukevra allowed his friend to take the lead; and closed his eyes as she had requested. Awkwardness began to settle in. The young Gryffindor felt butterfly's begin their own dance deep in his stomach. Seconds later, the sound of something closing in on them caused Rukevra to tilt his head; half tempted to open his eyes.

With a second noise indicating the young girl had caught the gift, Rukevra attempted a weak smile; mostly to divert his own attention from standing with his eyes closed. As her words passed his ears, Rukevra began a sigh of relief as he raised his eye-lids; his eyes first taking in the beauty of his friends own smile, before landing on the gift she was to give him. It was un-mistakable. "Patricia.". The girl had bought him a broom. Rukevra had nothing to say. All thoughts of Quidditch had been over-shadowed by everything else causing him worry. The first game of the season hadn't gone so well either. Accepting the gift from his friend, the young boy removed the outer wrapping. "I don't know how to thank you.". The gift was thoughtful; and better than one from his father.

Patricia bit her bottom lip as he spoke her name when his eyes landed on his present. Handing it over, her hands shaking slightly, she waited patiently for him to open it. He had seen the present so he must have known what it was even without opening it. As he accepted the present Patricia kept her eyes on him, she was still unsure if he actually liked the present or not. As the wrapping came off Patricia watched his expression carefully, it was the moment of truth. At his words Patricia rolled her eyes, "Just don't let it gather dust." she said jokingly. She didn't really need any thanks from Rukevra, it was Christmas and as such friends gave friends presents, the fact he liked it was enough thanks for her. "So you do like it right? Because I had no idea what else to get you." she said truthfully, boys were so hard to buy for.

A smile crept over Rukevra's lips once again as his friend spoke. There wouldn't be much chance of dust landing near the broom. The young boy nodded in response to her question. "I do.". The very thought of her buying him a gift meant a lot to him. Then it suddenly hit him. "I don't have anything for you.". Yet again he had been stupid. "It never occurred to me. I.. Sorry.". Once more the word of apology past from the young wizards lips. If he spoke it any more, the effect would wear off.

Holding the broom beside him, the Gryffindor had an idea. "Maybe I could take you for a fly somewhere.". Rukevra looked sheepishly towards the girl. "..after the holidays?". He still had to return to the manor for Christmas.

Patricia grinned as Rukevra smiled, something she had not seen him no much off - it was nice,"I'm glad." she said, feeling as though a weight had been lifted off of her shoulders now. Hearing his words Patricia rolled her eyes again, "Don't be silly. I don't need a present, the fact we are both friends again after that..." she trailed off, "You know? That's a good enough present for me." she said truthfully. She was a typical Hufflepuff after all, she didn't like having enemies or loosing friends, it just simply wasn't in her nature to allow it to happen.

Patricia took in the scene of Rukevra holding the broom, it complimented him well and it would probably look even better in his Quidditch Robes. Focusing her eyes back to his eyes she heard his suggestion, giggling lightly she nodded, "Sure that sounds great." she replied back. At the mention of holidays she asked, "So what are you doing for the holidays? Staying here or going home?"

Rukevra felt himself relax a little more as his friend reassured him. Making a mental note, the young boy planned to buy her a gift the following year whether she wished for one or not. Her trailing words caused the wizard to cringe slightly. The previous events must have been awful for her. The mood changed once again, as the young girl agreed to his offer; Rukevra smiled as a thank-you.

At the following question, the young wizard shook his head. The last thoughts he wanted to fill his mind where those of home. "I'm heading home.". The Gryffindor certainly lacked courage at this moment. Choosing to divert the conversation from himself, the young boy returned the question. "What plans have you organised?".

Jonathan was glad that tonight was over. His first time as chaperone at the Yule Ball had been an interesting, one that he would probably not forget for sometime. Finally getting the rest of the students out of the Great Hall he did one final scan of the place and left, planning on headinf straight to his bed. Stifling a yawn he left the Great Hall and frowned as he saw two students still talking. Making his way over to them he addressed them, "OK guys. Sorry to break up what I'm sure is a lovely night, but I do believe it is time to retire for the night." Hoping they were not the type of students to rebel against their Professors, Jonathan gave them one more look, showing he meant what he said, and turned to leave.

It was safe to that Patricia didn't know Ruki all that well, but she could tell that home wasn't somewhere he wanted to go for the holidays, she wasn't sure why but she didn't dwell on it. At his question she nodded her head lightly, "Same here. Heading home." she answered, her voice clearly showing she wasn't looking forward to it. Well she was looking forward to it, she loved going home and she missed her family terribly, but it was going to be the first Christmas without Jospeh and because of that, it was going to be an unpleasant experience. Hearing another voice beside them, Patricia turned her head to see Professor Spenser. Blushing slightly she aferted her gaze from him. "Sorry Professor. We'll leave now." She said, laughing slightly as she looked back up at Ruki. "I guess we better go." she said as Professor Spenser walked away. "Goodnight. I'll talk to you later." she said, giving him a light hug before making her way back up to the Hufflepuff Common Room.

As Patricia responded to his own question, Rukevra picked up on the dis-taste of returning home. Deciding not to delve into her worry, deeming it personal, the young boy simply smiled and nodded. Before he could speak again, one of the castle's professors instructed the pair of the lateness of the evening. The night had been wonderful; and seemed too soon to end this abruptly. with a polite nod towards the older wizard, Rukevra returned his attention to Patricia as she began to laugh. Taking in her words, the young boy agreed. "Good-night Patricia; and I hope so.". Returning her hug, the Gryffindor watched the younger girl head off to her house; before making his way up to his own dorm. The events of the night set to play until he fell into a deep sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back