Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Cyan 💛
Wand
Curved 11 1/2 Inch Sturdy Vine Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Aion sat with his back up against the front of the couch in the student lounge, facing the fireplace that was burning away the last few logs of the evening. With his notebooks on his knees, he was flicking through the pages of clippings and notes that he'd been collecting for the last two years. Since joining Hogwarts he almost immediately falling in love with ComC, and even though it was only in the last 8 months he knew he wanted to travel, he'd kept a log of things he'd found interesting during his reads. He glanced at an image of the Egyptian Sphinx, quickly pushing past it as he recalled the last time it had been brought up in conversation. Aion was doing well now at pushing down any of his negative feelings. It wasn't that they didn't happen, but he was able to distract himself now, and hide them at the back of his mind. It didn't stop him being scared though. He was always scared. Scared that he was opening himself up to things that would take him away from his studies, that he'd reach his graduation and fail his exams. He was scared that he was getting too close to people around the school, that he'd find himself in a situation just like he had been in September, of needing to withdraw himself and result in hurting those he cared about most. Finally there was the issue that despite the contradicting thoughts, he would leave the school with the regret of not being a part of something. Sure, he would walk away with a handful of NEWTs, but was that worth missing out on friends? He only even considered the final thought as it dawned on him that Maddie was gone. He'd known at the time that his decision would cost greatly but it was only during the aftermath that he realised what he was giving up.

Glancing up to the student sat behind him, he watched her for a moment as she did her thing. He would always be grateful that she'd come into his life when she had as her arrival had helped him to come to terms with his own reality, but as his hand reached across to find hers, he was anxious about his own choice in befriending her, of the inevitable hurt, although not as much as the possibility of leaving her. It didn't matter that they'd not known one another for more than a couple of months, he trusted her more than he had anyone else. It was one thing to agree with a person, but it was different when they pushed passed all limits to reach you. He had many people he could be civil with, even have fun with, but what made the Hufflepuff his best friend was that she didn't back down, and Aion strived to be like her.

He kissed the back of her hand as his eyes continued to scan the page, before finally he said "The Antipodean Opaleye is a native of New Zealand. Perhaps it would be a good starting point you know" While he wanted to visit his parents in California along the way, he wanted to get stuck in a soon as possible once his exams were out the way. "Maybe we should take a trip to see one during the break?" There was a good chance they'd never even come close, but Aion wasn't above giving it a go. If worst came to worst, the pair would spend a couple of weeks travelling through the country, and who didn't love to explore?

Through her six years at Hogwarts Cyan Territe had not made an abundance of friends. The girl hadn't impacted her school in a life changing way, or even become close with any of the purebloods well known to the school. Shed often just made a fool of herself it seemed, until she met Aion. Aion was the best thing that could have happened to the open girl, whom laid her emotions out for him to see and made friends in a way that was foreign to most people. She had splayed herself wide, and it seemed that Aion was beginning to do the same. The first hint was in the forbidden forest, when they had laid and talked for an undetermined amount of time, tangled in one another's thoughts the way flies got trapped in the acromantulas web. Cyan was caught up in the best friendship ever, so much so that often she forgot herself and her own blood - so often that her disdain for half-bloods was less. Muggle borns of course were another story. Like the Alessio kid whom dared to question her own blood purity. Cyan had to try hard not to focus on those things though, as she prepared dyes to mix and match, creating the perfect colors for her best friend's hair. The girl leaned forward when he spoke, her hand in his and her chin rested on the top of his head. She glanced down at the page and nodded with a smile.

"It's quite a lovely dragon from what I've read. i read a book on them you know? I wanted to see what your weird obsession was about. They're pretty cool." She spoke, only teasing him slightly about his attraction towards the species. They were quite interesting. But no book could make them sound more interesting than Aion could. "So for your hair blue and green right? Are you thinking maybe something that changes easily between the two. Blue with green highlights. I've almost finished mixing the colors I just need to know what I'm looking at in terms of how you want it in your hair." She spoke. "My father said there is a reliable magical creatures breeder in Auckland actually." She continued to speak for a moment, letting him finish thinking about his dye. "I've always wanted a crup, but I'm not sure they have those there." She continued, truthfully a crup might be a handful for Cyan, but she loved animals more and more each day she spent with Aion.

Aions eyes were scanning the page as she talked about reading on behalf of his "weird" obsession, emitting a sudden breath in amusement. "My weird obsession?" he teased as he waited for her to begin painting his hair, while wary that she was the one carrying the brush, and he probably shouldn't go too far if he wanted to make it to class in one piece in the morning. No one had gone out of their way before to understand his own passions though, and he valued the time she'd spent doing so. "I'm holding you to that" He added in response to her appreciation. As he sat with his trust in her hands, he was looking forward to seeing what she could do with him. After offering to let Cyan experiment with dual hair colours, Aion was just glad she'd accepted and he was able to get out of the common room for an evening. He'd spent so long cooped up in there he refused to feel guilty this evening for making time for a friend. When she asked him what he wanted though, it was as though she were speaking a foreign language "Um, I don't know. Can it fade from one to the other?" he offered, glancing to the side to see a plethora of thick liquid. "Maybe the majority is blue, but the green penetrates it under the light?" He finished. No matter how much he read, he couldn't know everything, and the concept of hair dye was out of his range. He was merely a tool for her to play around with.

Aion sat up significantly straighter on the floor as she mentioned a reliable breeder, "How does he know him? Your dad I mean" The Ravenclaw had already heard a little about Cyan's parents, but this was a first. On the other hand, he wasn't surprised that Cyan was interested in owning a Crup, but the idea of needing to keep tabs on a creature that would be unpredictable and perilous against the most part of the human race wasn't exactly Aion's description of a great house pet. It continued to baffle him too, that she thought so strongly of those of a inferior blood, although he'd yet to reach a conclusion as to whether that was her own opinion or her parents. "My dad told me of dragon researcher out in the Kamchatka Peninsula but I think it might be a little out of the league for a first trip" Aion had by now released his hold on her, and his fingers were running across the parchment of previous drawings he'd made during his lessons.

Cyan giggled. "Well your obsession is either with Dragons or me, so i guess Dragons are better." She spoke with a smile, putting on her gloves so she wouldn't get any of the dye on her skin. "I'll have to remove the color from your hair unless you prefer something with a nice tint rather than a vibrant color." She didn't want to strip the color without permission. After all Aion probably didn't want to be a bleach blonde for his whole life. not that the new hair growing in would be bleached, but it took a long time to grow out hair that was sometimes.

The Hufflepuff thought of the question for a moment. "I think... he's the same guy my dad bought a Kneazle from for my mom when they got married." She scrunched her nose. "I never met that cat though. My mother said they had to get rid of it because it was mean to my mother. Though they never figured out why." Cyan had never once thought this was any indication of the secretiveness surrounding her blood status - she didn't think deeply into many things. Dragon researcher sounds fun though! If he's anything like you then it won't be a problem for me to work my way into his heart too!" She spoke with a nod and a smile. She wondered if using her approach on everyone if it would earn her more friends.

"Can't it be with both?" He said, the words leaving his mouth before he got a chance to stop them. Aion tried not to be surprised as he heard the slap of the gloves against her skin, and he oddly felt like he was about to go through some medical testing instead of receive a beautiful transformation. He had been unaware that he would need anything in his hair asides from the colour, and the thought of a chemical strong enough to burn through the pigments was more than a little terrifying. That being said he knew Cyan did this to herself more frequently than he stocked his snack cupboard, and if anyone knew what they were doing it would be her. "You can do whatever you want, but darker colours probably suit me better" He added truthfully. He couldn't imagine himself with bright or light locks, and he wasn't cut out for being the centre of attention.

Aion nodded as he listened to her talking about the cat, memories of his own reappearing in this thoughts. Although the Ravenclaw thought it was unusual that a Kneazle was mean to someone, he passed the idea off quickly as Cyan mentioned her tactics of making acquaintances. Admittedly, the way they'd met hadn't been the most conventional, but Aion presumed she didn't mean that engaging with a stranger in the way they did that day in Great Hall would be the best way to make new friends. "I don't doubt your abilities Cyan" he said with a small chuckle, "But since you need to stay here for NEWTs, we should save Russia for when we have no time restrictions" He had many places he wanted to visit with her, but he was cautious that the break would go quickly, and it was already filling up fast with new ideas. Aion had no intention of getting in the way of her seventh year, and there would be plenty of opportunities for them in the future, provided nothing stood in their way.

"You're confident that this is what you want to do after Hogwarts?" He asked, referring to the creative composition she was putting together. While he figured they would take vacations to visit various islands and countries around the world, he assumed Cyan would still want to have her own life outside of his hobbies, and if he could he wanted to support her in doing just that.

Cyan felt her cheeks burn like the let over embers of the fire burning in front of them. She laughed it off though and before starting on his hair kissed the top of his head. "You're so weird." She spoke gently, and then began to part his hair. She had almost started putting the hair dye into his head when she suddenly realized something. She looked at his shirt and reached down toward the hem tugging on it. "You need to take this off so I don't have to worry about staining it." Cyan never had any qualms with how she touched Aion. Here were no boundaries between the two of them it seemed, and the multicolor-haired girl liked it that way.

At Aion's question she thought. "Do you mean the hair. Or do you mean traveling with you?" She decided to answer both. "I think that I will love doing hair. Traveling and doing it. Maybe I can style for the stars." She spoke in a dreamy voice. "And traveling with you... I love the idea. You're so much fun to be around. You're amazing and fun and sweet. I want to travel with you forever. Even after I get married I'll always make time for you."

It wasn't the first time he'd been called weird in his life, but it was certainly the most endearing way he'd heard it. Preparing himself to be smothered in dye, he glanced down to see Cyan trying to get to his shirt. He didn't actually care whether the thing got dirty, his clothes were the last of his concerns, but if Cyan was going to do a better job without worrying about ruining his clothing, he might as well follow her requests. "Your call" he replied, laying down his notebook and slipping the shirt up and over his head, ruining any work she'd already done on separating his hair. There were a few other people in the lounge, but Aion very rarely showed any sign of being embarrassed, and it was odd for him to consider something like this to be worth fretting over.

Resuming his original position for her, he leant his head back a little, remembering not to move once she'd started unless he wanted to look like one of the creatures from one of his dads space movies. His eyes watched the remaining flames and he listened to her words, smiling as she spoke of her ideal job. "Maybe my dad can hook you up with someone" He suggested. He'd never needed to ask him such a thing before, but he was confident that after nearly twenty years in the film industry, Seth Zephyr would have connections. Aion was undecided as to whether her next comment was meant to be sarcasm. He spent his days with his head in a book and wanted to delve head first into hunting down the most unusual animals; He wasn't hardly someone that you'd describe as fun. "You'd better. Not sure I could stand being alone out there all the time." he replied, a new smile appearing on his face, he liked that idea. "Bring the whole family why don't you. I'm sure by then I will have found something worth your while" He joked, although he sincerely believed that with the number of places on his to-do list, one of them would be suitable for a family.

Cyan chuckled and when he removed his shirt she leant around him and looked at him as if in scrutiny. "Not bad, not bad." She teased before returning to her position and separating his hair again the way she needed to. As he spokher she begun the process, starting at the top with the blue. She'd have to move quickly as the green might need to set twice over. However Cyan was confident in her abilities to give him a ombré effect with the darker colors. The dye itself was enchanted to be a little longer lasting, but she thought perhaps adding in a color shifting charm might help. It would wear off of course but that didn't mean she didn't wanna try. However she couldn't help but think that perhaps experimenting on Aion was not her best choose.

Cyan chuckled slightly. "I don't know about family." Cyan hadn't thought about having kids yet - she wasn't sure if she had the patience to deal with them as it were. "Maybe in ten years I'll have little things to bring with. But not any sooner." She tugged another section over moving through his hair quicker than she'd expected to be able to. She'd always dyed her own hair, not anyone else's. "If this turns out terribly at least I can give you a scarf to put over your head." She remarked. Then she sighed. "Do you feel better about Maddie and you now?" She finally delved into a deeper subject. "And what about Danielle, the rose... what are you going to say to her?" She asked.

Aion tried to swat away her teasing, but held still as she began to apply the paint, there was no going back now. He'd be turning up tomorrow for Charms with something unnatural, that was for sure. It was much colder than he had anticipated, and it helped they'd chosen such a warm room to work in.

He could understand her comment about family, he was entirely in the same boat. "I'm not sure I'd ever want them for myself" he said quietly, for the first time in his life admitting the fact to another person. He didn't have any siblings, nor knew anyone with young children, and the prospect of having to look out for someone totally dependent on him was something he would avoid where he could. He crossed his arms over his chest in response to hearing his ex-girlfriends name, the familiar sinking feeling appearing in his stomach. "It's fine" He said instinctively. Spending most of his time trying to ignore that particular situation had caused him to bury his emotions whenever Maddie wasn't around. He sighed in silence, knowing he wasn't going to get a better chance than this to talk to someone, even if he didn't want to face it. "Well, she has James now." even if James and Aion hadn't always seen eye to eye, he was glad that he'd been there for her. He wasn't used to saying these things, and he continued to pause in between sentence's. He'd honestly thought he was doing the best thing for her at the time, and maybe he had, given that she seemed content with another, but it was forgiving himself and learning from his mistake that was going to take longer. He had come to realise his priorities were skewed. "I just don't want to happen again" He said honestly, "If I ever find someone willing to be with me again, I don't know, I'd be so nervous of messing it up" He finished, the thought of any kind of commitment making him feel more than slightly queasy.

"I spoke to Dani a couple of weeks ago about the rose" He said. Given that this was the first chance they'd spent more than a few minutes together he was glad he'd waited for a time to talk to her properly about it. "She apologised to me. Said she would to you too, and Maddie" He didn't know if she already had, but hoped she'd keep her word. "She knows we're just friends" He confirmed, shifting slightly as he released how tense the atmosphere had turned, although maybe that was just him.

Cyan continued to smile, even when there was tension in the air from her mentionin Maddie. Cyan knew that it was a tender subject, but she couldn't help but ask to make sure that Aion was okay. She cared deeply for her friend and wanted to make sure that even if things were difficult, he knew he could speak with her about anything. Even if the topic of the mudblood Hufflepuff made her uncomfortable. Cyan would do anything to make sure Aion could feel comfortable and cared for. "Aion you're so young and don't know how wonderful you are some girl is going to scoop you up and never let you go. And if she doesn't treat you right I will hunt her down and... we'll anyways. You'll find someone." She laughed again, starting on the green now.

"As for Danielle. I told her you'd not be interested in her. And no this wasn't during her apology. She hasn't apologized at all for her behaviour." The woman grimaced behind him. "It doesn't matter to me though. She showed her true colors and you were able to protect yourself. Hey you aren't allergic to anything are you?" She asked thinking just now that if he was this might not be a good idea. "If you are I'll carry you to the nurses wing."

As he listened to her reply, he couldn't help but feel that wouldn't happen. Sure he had plenty of time, but that wasn't the issue. He was. That being said, Maddie had let him go too. She never even tried to get him to change his mind, instead just accepted that he thought the way he did and she wasn't going to be able to convince him. She'd left the situation before he'd even had a chance to explain himself properly, and every time he tried to, she was convinced he was lying. "I never lied to her, but now she never believes me" He thought out loud, it only just occurring to him now that maybe she wasn't as invested either as he'd first been led to believe. Surely, if she wanted to stay with him, she would have done more to change his mind?

"What?" He asked, realising he'd just been asked a question. "Er, no. I mean, not that I'm aware of" He answered. He wasn't sure what he was meant to be experiencing if he was allergic to the chemicals, but he had no current problems with his scalp bar the fact his head was warming up considerably. His mind returned to his previous train of thought. She had seemed angry, but maybe it was all a façade. James and Maddie were already together, and here he was, still feeling remorseful. "Three months after breaking up with someone. That's not long right?" He asked. Maddie had been his first girlfriend, he wasn't sure how this was meant to work.

Cyan listened to what Aion have to say, and toyed with the dye, bringing the dark blue down towards the end to give the right kind of fade that didn't look like a straight line going from one color to another. "That would be her fault then. Not yours. Some people would rather believe and easy lie than a painful truth." She spoke - wisdom seeming to befit a Ravenclaw. Cyan never questioned her house though. She liked her badger pride.

"Good. I just don't want your head to swell up." She spoke. "It might be warm. If it starts to itch lemme know. I have a comb you can use to itch." She'd done enough dye jobs to know that sometimes the dye itches. It was mostly with bleach. The girl finished pulling and spreading dye and secured his head into a plastic cap to sit for twenty minutes. She glanced at her pocket watch and nodded noting the time. "For someone to get over a break up?" She asked biting her lip. "I guess... I've never dated anyone so I don't know..." cyan's cheeks tinted themselves pink at the admittance of never having had a boyfriend. "I mean you were my first kiss." She admitted again.

Maybe Cyan was right, maybe he needn't be so hard on himself, he wasn't the only one in the relationship. Maybe Maddie had used his words to her advantage. He didn't believe that she would have ended things if he hadn't, but since there was an opening, perhaps she took it more readily than she otherwise would have. Aion's head was fine at the moment, and as she popped a cap over it, he knew he would be able to move about a bit again. As they waited for the product to develop, he turned in his position to face her properly, one leg resting down on the floor as the other served as a shelf for his elbow, his hand reaching up to massage the bridge of his nose. It surprised him when he heard that she'd never dated anyone before, and he looked up to her in time to hear that he had been her first kiss. Sh!t. No wonder chap stick had been on her mind. Aion felt suddenly awkward and exposed, realising that he'd overstepped the mark that day. She hadn't seemed to mind at the time, but he hadn't meant for her to experience her first kiss with a stranger, and she didn't deserve to have had it with someone like him. He grabbed for his shirt on the floor, pulling it back over his head as he became increasingly aware of himself. "I didn't mean.." He cut himself short, his heartbeat quickening with every second. He looked to see that she'd turned slightly pink, and he knew in that moment he'd messed up again. He would've apologised but it was too late for that, besides, she'd told him after it happened that he shouldn't.

Cyan watched Aion carefully when he moved and spoke. Had she said something stupid again? Of course she had he probably thought it was lame that she'd never had a boyfriend. Or maybe he thought she must be crazy to have only her kissed one person. Maybe he regretted kissing her. The girl looked at her knees for a second. "To kiss me?" She asked finishing what she thought was the end of his sentence. "No listen don't make it weird. It was the heat of the moment. I know otherwise you wouldn't have kissed someone like me." She admitted with a half smile crookedly places on her face. "But I'm really glad we're friends. Please don't regret becoming my friend!" She urged slipping into the floor next to him and grabbing hold of him into a tight hug. Her arms around her neck she'd firmly wedged herself between the knee that was up and his leg, hugging him from the front. She wasn't sure how else to keep him from leaving when he'd realized becoming close to her like that was a mistake.

Aion couldn't move, not just because he was frozen in fear but he also because he quickly found himself in a similar embrace to their previous encounter. Cyan had hopped down to him, and before he could say anything more, her arms were around his neck as she was pleading with him not to regret what they had. It took him a moment to get the words out, but one arm went around her waist as his other found the floor behind him, supporting them as her weight landed on him. "Hey" he finally managed, keeping them upright. He was doing his best not to make the situation more difficult, but he couldn't happily accept that he'd ruined a potentially important event in her teen life. "I would never regret becoming your friend" he said, close enough he could be whispering now. Cyan was the best thing to have happened to the Ravenclaw, and he didn't want her to believe that that was what caused him issue. "I just mean I shouldn't have done that" He said quietly, pulling back a little so he could see her face. She didn't need to hold him so tightly, he wasn't going anywhere. He hadn't really thought about why he'd done it, only that it felt like the right thing to do at the time, but that didn't excuse him. "You should've had someone special" he finished, his green eyes, that would soon match his hair, looking down as he knew he'd struggle to apologise properly for this.

Cyan clung tightly to a Aion as if he were her only support in a raging storm. The girl was quite aware she might be suffocating but did not release him until she felt his arm around her waist and she knew he wasn't about to push her away. Cy listened to her best friend and released him only enough to look into his emerald orbs. She had not noticed was a beautiful shade they were until now. She shook her head. "You are someone special. Most girls have their first kiss and then break up and never see the boy again. You're my best friend, I won't have to worry about that. It will never be a regret." She spoke softly. Cyan pushes against him and hugged him closely. If they tumbled back oh well "thank you for being my friend Aion. Seriously. I don't care if you think you stole something from me. I'd never trade a moment away."

Aion listened to what she said, and nodded in silence at her words. He trusted what she was saying enough that it calmed him down, and his other arm moved round to hold her. It was the first time he'd heard her call him her best friend. In the process of attempting to tell her of his reciprocating feelings, she leapt back in for another hug beside him, catching him off guard. He tipped backward, landing on one arm as he threw it out behind him, before a smile appeared upon his face. He heard her heartfelt comment, but before he could reply, his eyes caught hers and he began to chuckle at their situation. "Are you sure?" He asked. Coordination had never been his strong suit. Taking a breath, he collapsed the last few inches to lay his body against the floor, his head crackling against the plastic cap. It was easy to be around the Hufflepuff, and she had a way of defusing issues that he'd not come across before. "You have got to take this off me" He replied finally, before realising that she was still wearing her gloves. So much for the clean clothes.

Cyan giggled at his remark and nodded falling easily into him. She ignored a student whom walked by and told them to get a room. After all they were just friends hanging out. They didn't need a room. She laughed at his comment. "Of cou... oh no! Aion I'm sorry!" She spoke with a small laugh, seeing the blue and green on his shirt. "I'll clean it up I promise. "She removed her gloves and stood. "Hey, go wash your hair really quickly and come back okay! I'll be waiting to see the final product!" Cyan adjusted her shorts, pulling down a bit on her shirt which only covered to her belly button. She wondered fnhed need help but wasn't exactly comfortable accompanying him. "Oh wait!" She said. "Scourgify." She brought her arm up and cleaned his shirt with a simple charm. "Okay go go go!" She spoke with a giggle.

Aion didn't need to be told twice as he peeled off the cap, his wet hair stuck to his head. Picking himself up properly, he watched with his arms out to the side as Cyan cleared off the dye from his shirt, almost as though it was as good as new. He grinned at her enthusiasm, before quickly turning to find the bathrooms down the hall. It didn't take the seventeen year old long to wash out all the product, but it did shock him slightly to see how much colour was coming out. He'd be glad if he had any left in his hair at this rate. Doing his best to towel dry it, he peered at himself in the mirror for the first time with the new style, slightly taken aback with how he looked. It almost didn't look like him, he looked much more.. outgoing? It was a beautiful shade though, and Cyan had done a good job on blending out the colours together.

Returning to the student lounge, he greeted his friend with a sudden hug from behind, his wet hair meeting her cheek. "So, what you do you think?" He asked, giving her own head a friendly kiss before taking a step back so she could admire her handiwork.

Cyan was so impatient with Aion's absence. She wanted to see how dying another person's hair went. It couldn't be that bad. She had done her own plenty of times with much more complex styles than this. She was standing away from the door, facing the fire still which needed to be stoked. She held her wand trying to think of a spell that would do the trick. She wasn't sure though, and this was deep in though when Aion approached veins her. The petite woman squeaked I surprise. "Hey!" She laughed at the kiss on her head serving as a sign that even though earlier had been awkward Now was okay. "Look at you!" She laughed before hugging him again jumpin nearly on him. "You look so handsome. Some girl is about to scoop you up seriously!" She laughed. "Hey wait hold on!" The girl rummaged through her ba pulling out a magical camera. "Come on take a picture with me!"

Aion smiled as she complimented him, catching her embrace with affection. She seemed to think it was a good look for him, and he was happy to own the colours she'd suggested. "I'm not so sure about that." He said, hoping that actually it would be quite the opposite. He was already having girls approach him and it was hard enough as it was to tell them he wasn't ready. Aion watched as she produced a camera, his sudden interest sparked as he'd been looking in the markets for something similar. What he didn't expect was to her to want to take an image of them. He'd never been asked to do that before, unless you counted a handful of birthdays that he's been forced to smile for a greeting sent to his father abroad. He joined her in front of the fire, an arm going around her shoulders. "Let me" he said, he was taller anyway and they d get a better angle. Lifting up the camera, he rested his head against hers, but before he pressed the shutter he turned to lick her cheek. It was an affectionate thing, and probably something she wasn't expecting, but it made him smile. "Now you'll always having something to remember me by " he teased, hugging her close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back