A Friend Perhaps???

Arabella Lebeau

Wand
12 1/2 in., Holly wood, Dragon Heartstring core, flexible
Arabella was all done unpacking in her dorm room, and she didn't feel the need to go to the Slytherin House "Meeting," so she decided to make her way to the Student Lounge or maybe the Library. She wanted to pick on some bookworms, studying for the new semester.

Merlin, her pet python, was coiled around her neck, squeezing lovingly. If he started squeezed too hard she would coil him around her arm. She wondered if she should have left him in the Dorm room, but the professors said she should keep a close eye on him. She doesn't want him to be shipped back home because someone can't handle a python in their bed.

As she turned a corner to enter the Library, a clumsy halfwit with a pile of books in her hands, crashed into her. Sending both of them tumbling onto their butts. The books falling with them. "Why don't you're watch where you're going?!" She yelled with a following "ssssshhhh" from students in the Library.

"Ow..." Marietta groaned, "sorry. I guess I was carrying more than I could handle." She looked up to see a Slytherin girl, the same age as her. She looked very annoyed. Marie could only shrug and blush back. Then, started picking up the books she had dropped.

She heard Slytherins were usually easily agitated, like their headmaster. This was probably the worst way to introduce herself to a, hopefully, new friend.

As she leaned in to pick up another book, she spotted a python, and although it was little it scared her all the same. She was paralyzed in fear of it.

"Merlin!" She shouted once again being silenced the shooshing of students. "Are you okay, buddy?" She quickly snatched him up, entangling him in her fingers. She suddenly noticed the stupid Hufflepuff was gaping up at her. She was going to tell her off, but considering this girl might file a complaint on Merlin she restrained herself. "He's my python. I can't keep him in a cage or leave him in my dorm room, so I took him to see the rest of the school," she explained.

She put Merlin around her neck and started picking up some books. Best to be helpful, since half of this was also my fault, she thought picking up the book the Hufflepuff was reaching for before she spotted Merlin.

"Oh," was all she could say to the pet python. She's never seen a pet python at Hogwarts quite yet and didn't know you could have one. Although, just like her pet owl, this girls python was named after a famous wizard. Merlin is even known to those in the Muggle community. Maybe she does have some things in common with this girl.

They finished cleaning up the books. Thankfully, the Slytherin carried a few of them to lighten the load. "My name's Marietta by the way. Marietta Macmillan." She gave the Slytherin a cheerful smile.

"Arabella Lebeau," She said with a sly smile. If this girl wants to be friends, fine, but she doesn't know what she's getting into. Arabella had ways of getting kids to join the dark side. Getting a Hufflepuff to be sinister will be fun, but time consuming.

"So Marietta, mind if I call you Mac for short?" she wanted to give her a nickname mostly because Marietta sounds far too similar to Arabella.

"Nah, I don't mind," she said. 'Mac' was kind of cute, and no one's called her that before. Usually she was called Marie for short. Her mother was the only one that that nicknamed her 'Marshmallow.'

"Should I call you Bella. Or Beau. Or Bell. Or..."

"Just Arabella. I'm not big on having nicknames," she said with annoyance slipping into her tone. She hated her name period. It always sounded too princessy and mystical. It made her sick.

"So, where were you headed before we ran each other over?"

"Well I was just headed to the Student Lounge. I mostly just wanted to make some friends outside of my House. It's usually nice to befriend people who aren't really like you. You're a good start, actually. I can already tell how different we are," she said as she started walking down the Corridor.

Marietta was always a great judge of character. She could tell Arabella was somewhat hard to get along with. A sinister smile, eyes that look as if she knows some dirty secret, definitely looks like a Slytherin. There was something there though. A certain quality in need. Arabella was... lonely.

Arabella wasn't sure if she should take that last bit as an insult, but considering the Student Lounge she was all for getting to know this oddly chipper girl. She also wanted to complain about how ridiculous House Slytherin has gotten. Her House was oddly full of annoying students. Some were complaining about about getting put into Slytherin, others acted as if they belonged somewhere else. As for the 'Mysterious and creepy' Professor Styx, he couldn't scare her even if he tried.

"You know, I wouldn't mind joining you in the lounge. I need somebody to chat with about what I've been through since I got here. Want some company?" she asked arching an eyebrow.

Marietta beamed with excitement. "Oh please will you? I really need some company. The semester is about to start and I'm really stressing out." She honestly was. The very reason she bought all of these books was to cram as much info as she could. Even though her mother was a witch, she was never taught any of this magic stuff. Her mother explained that it was because Marietta's muggle father couldn't handle magic or magic talk. Marietta never understood why, though.

Shall we continue this conversation to the Student Lounge.

The two First year girls walked down the Corridor chatting and giggling while holding the books. As they walked Arabella felt a very odd emotion. An emotion that she doesn't feel that often. She actually liked Marietta. She was someone Arabella never really found in her life. As they talked she could also see how different they were. Marietta was so full of enthusiasm and joy. You found it in her laugh, her smile, even her eyes. This Hufflepuff was smart too. How did she end up a Hufflepuff? They talked and talked until they reached the entrance to the Student Lounge. "Come on, these books are heavier than a Bludger," Arabella complained.

Continued in the Student Lounge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back