A First meeting

Li Nu Bai

Wand
10¼ " Hornbeam Wood, Dragon heartstring Core.
Li was walking the streets browsing through some of the shop's before entering through each of them and having a good browse, Remus had been into contact with Li before he went into his state of 'mindless days' as Li refereed to them as, and told him to take care of Kida, due to the fact that Remus had planned to go on one of his long form of leave's again. Li knew the dates the Brightstone weekend occurred and apparently Kida was more then fond of shopping. Li moved to a bench and took a seat to it with his Bo staff over the top of his lap, resting there. A few people took a glance at him and thought he was some kind of intruder to the wizarding world; maybe even a muggle, but every one knew that was impossible unless they were involved with the Wizarding world. He sat there for a moment more before sending his eyes to glance at the moving people with a small picture in his hand to visualize who was Kida; there were so many Children there it was actually kind of hard to tell who was who.

Kida loved walking around brightstone during the holidays, she needed to get herself a quidditch uniform, Kida looked around the streets for Madam Malkins, it was hard to see with all there adults getting dragged around by there Kids, Kida walked down the street looking at each shop she always had the urge to walk inside but quickly pulled away. Kida had her hair back tightly she sighed as she looked around, usually Remus would be her on these trips to brightstone, Kida looked at her hands and saw some blood which she hadn't managed to get off, she stooped and tried to rub it off.

Li noticed a girl emerge, that was Kida for sure as he looked at the picture and then her. He placed his picture into the side pocket and stood from the bench heading over to her, stopping briefly in front of her, "Are you Kida Frost?" he asked, his accent briefly there but yet some what strong. He held his Bo staff in hand placed next to him, it was quite a nice look staff, especially considering it was for combat and other things of the sort. He awaited the girl's response, 'She doesn't even know who i am, i should have been more discrete' he nodded to himself, though it was too late to take back what he had already done, out of all the people Li knew that best.

Kida stopped rubbing her arm when someone appeared infront of her she looked up at a Man when he asked who she was "Uhhhh Yes... i Am" she said looking at him raising her eyebrow slightly trying to see if she had ever met him before "i'm sorry do i know you" she said tilting her head on the side pulling a confused face she shook her head and looked at the man curiously

Li looked at her for some time more, "You do not know of me, I do you." he nodded to her, "I am a friend of you're God Father Remus Drafis Firn." Smiled Li to her. "I am Li Nu Bai." he smile to her as he placed his hands by his side and bowed to her with respect and then raised up off it. He looked at her for a moment, "Remus asked of me to watch over you whilst he went away." he smiled to her, thinking that Remus had actually gone away on his leave and not been shot. He smiled to her, "So how is my good friend Remus any how?" he smiled to her, "I hear he teaches now?" He asked following his first question and folded his hands in front of him as his staff hovered on the side of him without any grasp on it what so ever.

Kida looked at the man who said he was a Friend of Remus, his name was Li Nu Bai. Kida raised her eyebrow again "uhhh Hi" she said once he introduced himself, he bowed to her and she was completely confused 'bow back, hand shake, nod, SAY SOMETHING' her mind said to her, Kida looked around her and just ended up hitting herself in the forehead before Li straightened up.
When Li said that Remus had asked for her to be watched over she rolled her eyes "great i have a baby sitter now" she pursed her lips. Kida looked at Li, he sounded like he didn't know about what happened, that or he was putting on a brave face.
Kida nodded "yes he is a transfiguration Teacher" she said.

Li smiled when she said he was a teacher of Transfiguration, "I see." he smiled warmly, "So I'm guessing his left for where ever he was going by now?" Questioned Li as he took his hand to the side and took a grasp of his Bo Staff. He looked at Kida for a couple more seconds before continuing, "So how is he anyways?" asked Li with a smile plastered on his face, he last saw Remus in person about three months ago and there fore when seeing him was in a pretty bad state, dealing with certain issues in his Life, "Is he well and healthy, taking the potions o conjured for him, drinking his herbal tea?!" exclaimed Li looking at the girl for some time more now, before awaiting her answer that he longed for.

"Left?" Kida said curiously looking at him, Remus seemed to actually have no idea what is going on at all. Kida looked at Li curiously, how could he not know what has happened. "Remus is in hospital he is confused about who he is, and he can't remember some people" she said "he shot... or was shot in the back of the head" she said as she held out her arm looking at the blood still on her arm. When Li asked if he was taking potions and herbal Tea Kida couldn't help but smirk "Remus, Drink Tea" she said.

Li's face moved to be surprised when she told him about Remus being shot. "Oh Dear... I must see him in one of the days." He said his English being not so good. He looked around the area and then back to Kida, "Yes of course he drinks tea, and Potions to help with his pains and so forth." Li said hoping that Kida knew all about them and things of the such, "So He said that Gymnastics is a strong point with you, and asked me to incorporate some Martial Arts into your daily practices to get your mind of some of the 'dreams.'" Li said smiling at Kida as he spun his staff around and round and shifted it to his left hand; he liked to show off on some occasions, and this one seemed relevant if this girl was as good as he thought at Gymnastics.

Kida smiled "he might not remember you, you never know" she said as she cracked her fingers slowly when she listened to Li explain why Remus drinks tea, Remus had never told her the full reason to why he is away so much.
When Li mentioned Gymnastics she smiled "not a strong point, it seems to be getting sloppy since i became a witch, i havn't had time to practice my beam work apart from in the tree's" she said "wait.. Remus told you about my Dre... Nightmares?" she said curiously raising her eyebrow, she watched Li spin his staff around "cool" she said.

Li Smiled to her, "Fair enough." he nodded when she said that Remus may not remember him and then listened in to what she had to say about her gymnastics. "As long as you practice more then enough, you will not forget learn to balance how your activity's." He smiled to her as he focused his body weight, he then centered his gravity, "I'm hoping to teach you to do this.." he said as he shut his eyes and channeled his inner aura through himself. He did several Tai-Chi like hand Movements and then kicked off the floor, his body moved through the air like an elegant cloth waving slow in the wind, he moved through the air as if he was on a rope with utmost control and balance, before landing onto one of the roofs. It drew some attention and people smiled at how amazing it looked, before walking off. "If you continue to practice and take on my teaching's you can do things like that, Known to be the 'Quidditch without a Broom' maneuver." He smiled to her as he jumped off the roof and glid as he had earlier going up, but this time moving down as he landed with great ease and a brief dust moved off the ground.

Kida watched him do a trick and she felt her jaw drops "thats amazing" she said as she watched him walk off the roof "Quidditch without a broom, sounds odd" she said "Try playing beater trying to do that, it wouldn't work" she laughed. "that would come in handy when i fall out of tree's it hurts trying to slow down and then find a branch to land on" she said shrugging. Kida suddenly remembered something, she checked her watch "4 days without sleep and still going strong" she smiled "what else can you do"

Li chuckled at her, when she spoke about playing a beater and that not working. He then heard her talk about four days without sleep, and he shook his head though said nothing. He looked around and then noticed her ask him what else he could do. Li groaned slightly but he noticed she was quite interested yet again. He took his stance and channeled his inner aura though his body then found a center of gravity, he swooshed his arms with ease side to side and then boom, he flew into the air and hovered there for a moment, before he slid his arms off to the right and he moved to the right. He send his hands down and he's body moved with the motion landing him down to the floor yet again. He once again did the same movements as he had prior and found his center of gravity, before kicking one foot forward flipping his body through the air with great elegance and landed down as if he had not moved in the first place, it happened in a point third of a second.

Kida heard Li groan and folded her arms "if you didn't want to do more tricks you shouldn't have showed off" she said smirking, she watched him shoot up in the air and hover "that is so cool" she said as she watched him go down to the ground and then do another flip "awesome" she said as she put her bag down "the most... well not the most interesting, but the most fasiniating.... almost.... just a cool trick that i can do is..." Kida turned around and jumped into a triple back flip full turn barani she landed and stuck it and presented before walking back and picking up her bag. Kida looked up to see some people staring at her "what" she said glaring at them as they quickly shuffeled on. Kida looked back to Li Nu Bai and smiled

Li watched as Kida did her trick, he was impressed, but this called for some more showing off. He sent his body to find it's center of gravity and then sent his body into a state of meditation. He stood there for a moment or so and then boom, there he went. With one kick of the floor and a brief sound which appeared to be 'Sai' he was in the air, and did five well done and easily cleared back-flips before landing gently back to the floor, "Now that, i broke my arm's and almost my neck seven or so times." He chuckled to her, "So don't be trying that to early, Magic helps." he smiled with a brief wink and then bowed to her quickly, "So Miss Frost, Are you of interest to learn the martial art's and all of which i showed you today?" he asked with a smile on his face.

Kida watched Li do some more tricks and she simpley folded her arms "show off" she said sticking her tounge out at him. "i don't think i have ever broken a bone in learning Gymnastics, and i don't plan to break any bones anytime soon, so i think your safe with me not doing that" she said smiling he bowed to her again and Kida looked around her before back at Li, when he asked if she was interested in learning martial arts she nodded before shaking her head "wait Remus put you up to this didn't he" she said looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

Li raised an eye brow, looking at the girl before him "Remus put you up to this didn't he?" he heard her say. He folded his arms before her, "Miss Frost, If he didn't put me up to this would i be here, And to clarify your question if it was all him, No it wasn't," he began, "If i didn't want to take you as a student i wouldn't be here, I came to check what you could do and if you had the Potential to learn and commit yourself, and so far i am not impressed by one thing that is of grave Importance. Attitude." he concluded looking at her as he unfolded his arms and placed them by his side, "Now... Prove me wrong." he said firmly.

Kida glared at the man when he started to begin a form of speech, '...so far i am not impressed by one thing that is of grave imporance. attitude.' Kida's Hazel eyes went to a light green colour "Prove YOU wrong, I don't even know you, and you want me to prove to you that my attitude needs correcting, this is who i am, What do you want me to do, My God Father is in Hospital who can hardly remember me, and now all of a sudden a old Friend of his shows up asking me if i want to learn martial Arts, and your telling me i need to prove you wrong" Kida said her hair seemed to get matted when she got furious, Kida calmed down slightly
"and another thing I don't like your attitude either" she said before pulling into a back tuck following with a triple back flip full turn barani front flip. she Looked at Li "My Answer is yes, but if Remus has told you anything about me, you should i know that i have a temper, and can you handle that" she said "and that i don't like being bossed around" she smiled "do you think you can deal with that" she smiled, her eyes going back to Hazel

Li Shook his head when she began and then when she concluded he stopped shaking his head, "No i don't think i can deal with that." He said as he pivoted on the spot and began walking away from her where he sat back to a bench about seven meters away and crossed his legs where he began to meditate; Li was one person who didn't like people with temper's and so far Kida was one of those people. 'And here was Remus saying she is full of heart and loving.' he his mentally to himself as he opened his eyes from his meditation and removed a small piece of cloth from his bag, which was slung over his left shoulder. He removed the cloth and opened it; within was a wand. He looked at the wand, It was black in color and appeared to be a wand that wouldn't do much it was old and broken some what, it had belonged to a death eater some time back and it was one of the Death eaters that Remus had killed. Li looked at it, 'Why would Remus give me this...' he pondered over it for a moment and then put it back in the cloth, he was yet to figure that out but he placed it in his bag and went back to meditation.

Kida rolled her eyes When Li said that he didn't think that he could deal with that "Men" she said as she picked up her bag and flung it over her shoulder, Kida turned on her heels and went to walk away, she looked over her shoulder to see Li holding something, Kida walked back and leaned against a wall near where Li was meditation, she was curious to what was in the cloth "whats that" she said looking at him curiously, one thing that always got the better of Kida was her curiosity, she had an urge to grab the cloth and look at it herself but quickly stopped herself. Kida raised her eyebrow and watched the man

Li stayed silent as he meditated blocking the now irritating Girl out, "That was a cloth." he smiled a moment after his silence, "And why are you still here if you are going to be arrogant?" he asked her as he opened his eyes and unfolded his legs looking at her. "You're beginning to confuse me girl... You want this but you don't?" he asked with a curious look on his face as he shifted his gaze upon her.

"i know it was cloth, i'm not stupid, what was wrapped in the cloth" she said looking at him "i'm always arrogant... well most of the time.... ok so i'm a little messed up but thats beside the posint, and your the confusing one not me" she said pursing her lips, "back to the cloth" she said looking at him

Li looked at her and listened as she respond to him, "There was nothing in the cloth, It was just some scripture on the cloth itself." he smiled to her as he stood from the chair and slung his bag back over his shoulder and paced off, If she wasn't going to pick her attitude up and admit to it and say sorry for earlier then Li was not interested. He moved off through the Bright stone path ways and stopped at a Shop, looking into it. He looked at some of the brooms. He flicked his hand froward and he flew into the air landing on the roof Gently as he sat up there and began his meditation yet again, now hovering in the air; shorley Kida couldn't get to him now.

Kida looked at him as shook her head, something was telling her that he was lieing but she wasn't going to say anything. She watched him walk off as she frowned. He wasn't going to get away without telling her. Kida walked after Li her heels clacking against the cobbles of Brightstone, she stopped when she lost him suddenly, she looked up to see Li on the roof. Kida looked around she considered getting her broom, but spotted a tree. Kida walked over to the tree and pulled herself up into the tree swinging from branch to branch before Doing a back flip onto the roof. her heels hitting it with a loud Clack. "I'm Stubborn and i'm Curious" she said folding her arms. "you can apparate away if you want, but i don't like being lied to" she looked at him and knew that she wouldn't be getting very far, Li seemed to be just as stubborn "What do you want me to say Sorry, if thats the case, i'm sorry for being me"

Li shrugged at her as she apologized, "If you don't mean it, i don't want it." he smiled with a chuckle and jumped, flipping to the opposite roof, and landed down with speed, He spun his staff up and spun it, "If you can hold of well against me, Then i will consider taking you." He grinned as he through his staff at her; it changed into a brick mid way through air and the actual staff re-appeared in Li's hand, he had performed a switching spell as it went, "Think fast!" he grinned widely, as he jumped up and the brick flew in front of him briefly. He followed it swinging his staff at her with speed, she had better move or block it but blocking would hurt a hell of a lot. Li was a quick thinker and following behind the brick put her at dodging one thing and then his own moments and attacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back