A finale letter

Abigail Lurken-Mckay

Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Spanish Cedar 14" Core of Werewolf fur and Phoenix feather.
Abbey walked up to the Owlrey frustratedly. She decided that she would send Asher one last letter, if she didn't respond to this letter they weren't going to speak any more, she knew that this would be good for them in the end. She just couldn't do that any longer, she didn't want to have to be afraid that her only family member was dead now, so she just decided it was safest this way, no one would get hurt any more. Well not in the end, sure at first she would be more then upset, but that was understandable wasn't it?

When she reached the Owlrey she looked around her, quite relieved that no one else was there. Abbey took a seat on the window sill then took out some parchment and a pen out of the pocket of her over sized sweater. She then laid down on her stomach and began writing to her sister, tears of sadness and hatred flowing down her cheeks quickly.
Dear Asher,

Where the hell are you?! Do you not understand that you are the only family I have? That I'm the only family you have? I'm now at Hogwarts New Zealand, I ran away because I was being hit constantly this past summer, now I'm living on the streets with Alex.

But it's really great to know that at the end of the day that I have friends instead of family! If you do not respond to this letter this month, I'm done, I wont consider you family any more, and you can do the same, though I've already assumed that you have already done so.

Thank you for being a great sister.
Just so you know, I wouldn't be against you changing your last name sso we don't have anything binding us together, but blood.

Good bye,
Abigail Lurken.

Abbey rested her head on her arms as she cried pathetically, not noticing that her letter dropped onto the floor of the Owlrey, face up for anyone to read clearly. She began choking on her tears, she was hurt and she felt lost in the world now. She just wanted to leave, leave everything behind, perhaps she would run away and hope for the absolute worst best.

Emme walked up to the owlery thinking about sending yet another letter home to Josh and then maybe one all the way to Becca and Maddie. Or well maybe just Becca. The idea of actually writing to Maddie never seemed appealing to Emme but with both her sisters so far away the thought seemed more and more needed.

As she reached the top of the owlery she heard someone crying. Why was it every time Emme walked up here she heard yet another person in tears. Was this school just overly sad or what it just Emme's luck.

Wondering if she should turn around and send a letter later, she glanced over at the girl crying. It was Abbey. "Abbey?" Emme said not able to turn around now that her friend was upset about what Emme wasn't sure.

Walking closer to Abbey, Emme slide down sitting beside her. "What's wrong?" She asked

Abbey looked up at Emme through blood shot, dull eyes and she swallowed hard and looked into her hands for the letter, expecting it to be scrunched up in her hands, but she looked down surprised to see it face up on the ground. Abbey jumped down anxiously, the pit in her stomach growing with each second, with each movement. When the letter was back in her small shaky hands Abbey folded it and put it in her pocket then looked at Emme. What was she to say, could she even speak now? She had just written to her only family member that if she didn't get a response from this letter she never wanted to hear from her again. "Ash.." Abbey choked, but was unable to get anymore out of her mouth.

Emme could tell that something was seriously wrong with Abbey. Though when she noticed Abbey grab the letter so quickly, Emme couldn't help but wonder if the letter was from someone that Abbey had recieved or if she was sending it out, but Emme just knew that it was something to do with the letter. What else could have Abbey so worked up.

As Abbey tried to explain what was wrong, Emme could only hear her said Ash. Did that mean Asher. Of coase it did unless Abbey knew an Ash. In any normal state Emme would ask how Asher was doing back in Scotland but seeing Abbey this way just proved that things must be wrong with her. "Is Asher ok?" Emme asked gently.

Abbey looked down at the letter and she handed it to Emme, and she took a deep breath and said in a high pitch voice, "I haven't spoken to her since the winter." Abbey sat back up on the sill and wrapped her arms around her legs, she hoped that Emme wouldn't read too much into the first paragraph, she already told Alex, Willow and Noah, she didn't want any more people to know or more people to comment on her.. situation. She didn't want any pity, she knew that with Alex's help she would get through it all as best as she possibly could.

Emme wanted to just reach over and hug Abbey, make everything better, but she didn't. Not until she knew what was wrong and what she could help with. As the letter was handed to her, Emme held it in her hands waiting for Abbey to speak, to say something. Surprised though as Abbey explained that she hadn't spoked to her own sister since winter. Abbey and Asher were supposed to be sisters, even though Emme now knew that sisters couldnt' always see each other they always did stay in contact.

Turning to read the letter, Emme had to read it slowly. Though she reread the first paragraph over and over trying to make sense of it. I ran away because I was being hit constantly this past summer, now I'm living on the streets with Alex. She read. Emme wasn't quite sure if what she read was true. After all she had never known anyone that ever had to live on the streets nor anyone that seemed be being abused. She would never have imagined one of her own friends having to leave with it.

Finishing up reading the letter, Emme could not speak for a moment. "Abbey" She said slowly regaining her voice. "I'm sorry" She said not knowing why she should be sorry at all. Sorry that she hadn't realized this was all going on. Sorry that she hadn't figured out that her friend needed her. Sorry that she couldn't help much of anything. "You ran away" Emme repeated her voice soft as she was trying to figure out how to even remotely help.

Abbey groaned slightly as Emme apologized and she said in a weak voice, "You have nothing to apologize for, this is just how my life is now." Abbey shuddered as she remembered the man that hit her, it was hard having all of these awful memories play over and over in her mind, it made her feel sick. "That's not the point Emme," Abbey whispered slightly then she continued, "The point is I sent my sister tons of letters, no one knows where she is, and now I have no family." Abbey put her hands in her face as tears began to flow down her cheeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back