A Drink To Warm

Emma Shorts

Emma had been just skating for the longest time with Kyle. She had basically not been able to stand up nonetheless skate as well as she had without the help of him. He was a great teacher and Emma was quite fond of spending time with him. That was why she suggested warming up with some hot chocolate. Believe it or not Emma needed to be warm. She could barely feel her hands.

Emma and Kyle walked down the corridors until finally reaching the Kitchen. Emma stopped right inside the door "where do you think they keep the hot coco?" Emma asked as she rubbed her hands together trying to get some warmth into them.

Kyle walked up to the kitchens with Emma. He was enjoying being at the lake with her but it was getting too cold so they came here for the hot chocolate. " Proberly in one of the cupboards." Kyle said and walked over to the cupboards and searched through them until he found it.

"Here it is." He said smiling and started to make it for him and Emma.

Emma watched as Kyle looked for the hot chocolate. She smiled to herself. He was so nice and maybe well no Emma couldn't. She walked over to him when he found it. "You sure you know how to make that" Emma teased.

" Yeah, you add the chocolate and then you add orange juice." Kyle joked grinning.He finished making it and then passed Emma hers. " There you go, nice and warm." He said and took a seat, waiting for Emma to aswell.

Emma laughed slightly. She took the cup from Kyle "Thanks" She said "But if you added orange juice I don't think that I will drink this" Emma joked as she went to site down next to Kyle. The warmth of the hot chocolate cup was nice and warm. It was making the feeling come back to her hands.

Kyle grinned and said. " Dont worry i didnt." " So, are you any warmer now?" He asked incase she was still cold.

Emma took a sip. "Well you did a good job" She said taking one more sip. The warmth of the hot chocolate going threw her body and warming her up slightly. "I'm getting warmer by the second" Emma said facing Kyle.

"Are you cold?" She asked. She hadn't heard him complain about the coldness once.

Kyle took a sip of his hot chocolate and when Emma asked if he was cold he said. " Not really, im used to it any way." He added the end bit silently.

Emma looked over at Kyle. Maybe it was just her but Kyle sounded a bit bitter. Emma didn't know why. She just asked if he was cold. Maybe she had said the wrong thing again. Emma took another sip of the hot chocolate making sure that she didn't burn her tongue.

"You know I haven't had hot chocolate in the longest time" Emma said "Usually when you go to a pub around here they only serve butterbeers to warm you up" Emma said. She did like butterbeer but still she missed hot chocolate.

" Me neither. I think one of the places here done hot chocolate. Im not sure." Kyle said smiling at Emma. He took another sip of his hot chocolate and said. " Oh yeah. Happy Christmas." He knew it had passed but he hadnt said it to Emma yet.

Emme listened as she continued to sip the hot chocolate slowly. "I'll have to find that place then" Emma said smiling Then Kyle had said happy christmas Emma laughed slightly "I think you are a bit late" She teased "But happy belated Christmas to you too" She added.

" Oh well." Kyle said grinning. " So, where did you go for the breaks." Kyle asked.

((OOC. I have to go. Bye.))

Emma smiled when the topic of breaks came up. "Well I headed back to my families cabin. The whole family comes and it is rather packed" Emma explained. "So I spent the entire time with my sister and my lovely sytherin cousin" Emma said putting extra force on the words whole and lovely. Caina, Emma's cousin, was anything but lovely.

"Where do you go?" Emma asked.

((Bye ))

" Back to my house then i went to Scott's for the other half of breaks." Kyle explained smiling. " I take it you dont like your cousin." He added grinning.

Emma took another sip of her hot chololate as she looked up at Kyle a small smile formed on her list. "She is just a typical Slytherin" Emma said simply. No she was not too fond of Caina. Even though they were in the same year Caina acted like she was so much older, so much better. Really to Emma she was just a brat, a typical Slytherin girl

Emma grinned "Well of coarse" She added knowing that only that description fully fit Caina. "You must know at least a few of those types of people" Emma said smiling as she took another sip of the hot coca her body becoming warmer and she felt less of the outside cold that had seemed to sink within her.

When Emma said that he must know a few of thoses people Kyle grinned and said. " Well, yeah actually." He then took another sip of his hot chocolate.

"And......" Emma said with a smile. She wondered how many more 'Cainas' there were out there. Though she didn't know if he was going to answer. She took another sip realizing that her hot chocolate had run out. "Oh" she said staring at the empty cup. "I'm done" She said

" Ok,my brother was in Slytherin and lets just say,he was a typical slytherin." Kyle explained. When Emma said she was done Kyle asked. " Do you want another drink?" Then took his last sip of his.

Emma was a bit shocked She hadn't pictured Kyle with a Slytherin brother though most people couldn't imagine Emma with a gryffindor sister. "Perfect match then" Emma joked as she looked back down at her cup "That would be wonderful" She said when he asked her if she wanted another one.

" Yep." Kyle said grinning. He went over to the counter and made two more cups of hot chocolate. Kyle walked back to the table and placed Emma's next to her. " There you are." He said smiling.

"Thanks you're a life savior" Emma said as she took the hot chocolate that Kyle had made. She took a small sip and felt the warmth slide through her. She sure did like hot chocolate maybe more than butterbeer anymore. "I hope I'm not interupting any plans you may have made today" Emma said taking another sip hoping that she wasn't keeping Kyle away from something or worse someone.

" No your not. I would proberly just be wandering around on my own anyway." Kyle answered truthfully. " What about you, did you have any plans today?"

Actually a bit of happiness welled up inside of Emma. Not because she wasn't messing up any plans though that was nice too but that he would just be wondering around alone. She wondered if he did that often. Though that was a depressing thought Alone meant without anyone else which did indeed excite Emma.

"Oh I was just planning a walk around the school with another boy" Emma said trying to keep a straight face but she was never very good at it. A smile spread "I am just kidding though I really had no plans"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back