A Dress Order

Ava Prince

OOC First Name
Louise
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Ava couldn't wait for the Yule Ball she had been waiting for this even before she came to Hogwarts. This would be her first proper dance and she wanted it to be so perfect although she didn't have a partner yet she was sure that she could pick up someone before it. But the only person she wanted to go with was Sterling, but he hadn't asked her and she wouldn't ask him besides she hadn't seen him since that day on the Quidditch Pitch so she probably wouldn't see him for another while.

Even though he hadn't asked her Ava wanted to look so perfect and that involved finding the perfect dress, she had bought many with her to Hogwarts but now they all seemed so outdated and none of them had that 'perfect' look. As she wrapped them up in a parcel in her dorm she remembered a dress she had spotted in a small boutique in the centre of London. It was extremely expensive but it was..perfect. Ava had an idea, she would demand her mother to get her the dress, it wasn't too long ago that it was in stock and her mother would get it for her, she had lots of connections. With a happy smile Ava finished her packing and threw a hoodie over her summer's outfit, it was usually quite cool in the Owlery.

Once she entered the Owlery with her package in her hand she walked over to one of the window sills and began to write a note to her mother,

Mother,
This is urgent! I need that dress in that boutique..I can't really remember the name of it..but I need it, do you know the one? Anyway the Yule Ball is coming up and that dress is perfect! Find it, and get it for me!
Love,
Ava x

Throwing the 'love' and the kiss in at the end made it seem less the demanding, so Ava thought. She tied it to the package and then to a large owl's leg. She stood back as the owl took off firecely, she hated that part. The fluttering wings just creeped her out. Ava watched as the school owl flew into to the distance of the sunset, yet she didn't turn to leave. Yes it was cold, but it was peaceful, something Ava needed these days. There was always someone around wherever Ava went but now, she was alone. And for the first time she wanted to be alone.

The Yule ball was approaching and Sterling still hadn't prepared. He hadn't gotten a tux or a date. Getting a tux would be easy. All he had to do was send home for his father to send him one, it wasn't a big deal which one as long as it fit nicely. The problem however laid with the date. Sterling had only one girl in mind that he would ask to the Yule ball. That girl was Ava.

So there seemed to be no problem. Right? Well Wrong. Sterling had not seen the first year Slytherin girl since the day out on the pitch. This was of course after he had promised her that they would see eachother soon. It wasn't like he didn't try to keep that promise, it just hadn't worked in his favor.

Maybe Ava was avoiding him. Maybe she was trying to show him that she wasn't interested. If that was the case, Sterling wasn't catching on. Deciding that he might as well go and send a letter to his father, reminding him about getting a tux in time, Sterling left the Slytherin common room wearing dark blue jeans and a light green tee shirt.

Up the stairs he went, his black converses making little to no noise as he climbed up stair after stair. Finally he reached the top noticing a girl there already. Not just any girl. Ava. What were the chances? "Hey" Sterling said walking up to her, standing beside her as he took out a muggle pen and piece of parchment.

Sterling looked over at Ava for another moment flashing her a smile. "It has been too long" He said simply wondering what she was doing up in the Owlery. Probably just writing a letter home.

Ava watched the Owl which was now a small black dot in the far far distance. How long would it take for her dress to come? Would she get it in time? I better get it in time, if I don't...I am doomed! She thought desperately when out of no where she heard a familiar voice, Sterling. He was beside her. She turned her head around to him and smiled back to him. It was now almost a reflex. "Way too long." She continued to smile at him.

What would she do now? Should she bring up the Yule Ball? Ask him what he was doing for it? No, thats really desperate. Act normal. But Ava didn't know what normal was when she was around him. She always acted different when she was with Sterling, a little more herself then the act she usually put up. Though she didn't like to think about that. "So how are you?" She asked him, gazing into his brown eyes. "-Since we last spoke.." She added at the end, though she was unsure why she did it. It seemed that when she was around Sterling she either blabbered uncontrolably or she was lost for words. Today, it was blabbering uncontrolably, though thankfully she managed to stop herself from speaking futher.

Sterling was glad that Ava had agreed that it had been too long of time since the two last got together. In a way he hoped she wasn't angry that he hadn't made his way to meet her more often. This young boy thought back to home when his father stood up his mother a few times. Surely Sterling had never seen his mother yell so much. Though really Sterling hadn't stood Ava up at all. He said they would make plans and neither of them had time to. Everything's fine He thought turning to his letter in hand as he listened to her speak as also he tried to figure out what he was going to write to his father.

"I've been good" Sterling said wanting to add 'missing you' but knew that was far too cheesy and almost dare he say desperate sounding. Instead he asked the question in return. "And how have you been. Since we last met" Sterling added the last part since Ava had. What the reason was for her adding it, Sterling wasn't sure.

He took his pen and began to jot down a few words. Short simple and to the point was always the best mention for writing a letter. Would it be the same for asking Ava to the Yule ball? And with that simple question thoughts about the Yule ball came to mind. Would she even go with him if he asked? Sterling didnt' take rejection very well so maybe he shouldn't ask at all. Just think on it Sterling thought as he finished up his letter reading over it briefly finding that it would do.

Dad,
Hey do you mind sending up a tux or suit or whatever? The Yule ball is coming up and I need something to wear.
Thanks,
Sterling​
<i>
</i>

Ava nodded contently as Sterling said that he had been keeping good and when he returned the question the way she had said it she let out a quick giggle before saying, "I've been good too. A little behind on school work but...its not so bad." She said with a slight shrug of her shoulders. 'A little' was an understatement, she was a lot behind but she really didn't care. She wasn't put into Ravenclaw for a reason, she wasn't a 'brainbox'. On the other hand she was ambitious and she would accomplish her dreams, but her dreams didn't include excelling in school. Sure it would help, but it wasn't one of her priorties.

Ava looked at the floor as Sterling finished of his letter, she didn't want to intrude on his privacy. A little look couldn't hurt? She thought sneakily and glanced at the parchment unnoticably for a split second. She saw 'Yule Ball' and that was about it. So he is going. Thats always a good sign. She thought hopefully. She looked up at him and smiled without saying a word. Great, now my words disappear. She wanted to think of something that wasn't about the Yule Ball, that would just give away that she saw his letter. Think of something!, "So..are you all set for the exams?" she asked him, avoiding his eye contact and stuffed her hands in hoody pockets as she awaited his answer.

The small giggle of Ava filled Sterling's ears. He liked her laugh. He basically liked everything about her. So why was this whole situation about asking Ava to the Yule ball so hard? It made no sense to this Slytherin boy. Yet she continued to speak mentionin that she had been beyond in school work. He nodded in agreement. "As long as you pass no harm done" Sterling said doubting that Ava cared too much about grades. Sterling surely didn't. As long as he passed his parents were happy, he continued on and wasn't held back a year. Everything was good. He had no problem being Average, grade wise at least.

As an owl came down towards the two of them, Sterling tied the letter to the owl's leg. "Go on" He said as he watched the Owl go off. Though he shook his head at Ava referring to her question. "I'm not even going to prepare for them. I have more important things to do" He said hoping that this was a good topic changer preparing him to get into the topic that he really wanted to talk about, the Yule ball.

"So other than exams." Sterling said finding himself tongue tied already. Just spit it out He thought almost yelling at himself mentally to just ask. "The Yule Ball's coming up" He said trying to stay casual but he didn't know how or if he was managing at all. "Are you going?" He asked not quite asking the question he wanted but it was a step toward it.

Ava almost felt comforted by Sterlings words. He was right, as long as she passed no big deal. And the fact that he, too, didn't care much about school made her feel so much better. So many students in Slytherin cared a lot about their grades, it was nice to have a couple of people who didn't. More important things to do? Ava thought to herself, wondering what that could have meant. But before she could think any further he had answered her question. He was talking about the Yule Ball. Ava's heart leapt excitedly even at the thought of it.

She nodded simply and then said, "Yes..well not with anyone I think I might just hang out with some friends, or I might.." She was blabbering and she smiled apoligetically. Some friends? She asked herself curiously, what friends? Leia is probably going with some guy and she was the only friend she had. She had never thought about things that way. What would she do at the Yule Ball- dateless? There was no point even turning up then. Her stomach felt sick at that thought so she quickly stopped it from going further by asking him, "Are you?" She prayed that he wasn't already going with some other girl. That would kill her. But the odds were against her. He was Sterling Staton afterall. He was perfect. What girl wouldn't want him? She braved to look up at him for him to tell her that he was going with someone, she was waiting for it and the anticipation was killing her.

She's going. She's going But not with anyone. Yet with friends. Does that mean she doesn't want a date or she had someone in mind? What if it's not me The confused Slytherin thought going from happy and excited to confused to worried. Though the smile remained on his face not showing any of the emotions that went through his mind.

When the question went back in his direction, his hope increased just the slightest bit. "Yeah I'm going. I just haven't gotten to asking the right girl yet" Sterling began. The five word question seemed to never want to come out. 'will you go with me' How hard was that to say? Harder than it seemed. Why now of all times did Sterling have to freeze up. He never froze up with any other person. It was just with Ava.

"What I'm trying to say is" Sterling began looking up at the owls just trying to get his head in the game once more. Clear his thoughts. After a few seconds of pausing probably about ten seconds to get a closer guess, Sterling turned his brown eyes back to Ava. "Will you go to the Yule Ball with me?" Sterling asked finally the words finally just flowing out of his mouth the smile on his face wider yet he grew more nervous. What if she said no? Then Sterling would be standing here like a complete idiot.

Ava wanted to slap herself for being so stupid, he wanted to ask the 'right girl' and it wasn't her as much as she thought they were right for each other, he obviously didn't. Guess I'm going alone She thought to herself disappointedly. How good would that night be if they went with each other? Perfect she continued to think, I'd be in the perfect dress and dancing with the perfect guy. Although the only thing she wanted to do was run back to her dorm and hide under her covers she waited to hear what else Sterling was about to say.

Ava waited silently as seconds passed by yet Sterling had not finished his sentence. She watched him. What? What was he trying to say? She thought a bit of hope rising. Then he said it, the words she wanted to hear from the first time she met him. Her heart skipped excitedly and a huge smile spread across her face baring her pearly white teeth. "I'd love t-" She said enthuaisastically but brought it down a notch, she didn't want to look like she was desperate. "I'd really like that." She said and put some of her hair behind her ears still smiling at him. Ava doubted her smile would go anytime soon.

Sterling let out a small laugh, a happy laugh it was though. Was he more happy about how excited Ava seemed to go with him or just happy that he was able to ask her in the first place. Though once the laugh left the mouth of this browned eyed boy a smile took it's place upon his lips. "That's great. That is really great" He said not sure if he believed this whole thing yet.

Sterling Staton was going with one of the most beautiful girls in the school. No he was going with the most beautiful girl in the school, Ava Prince. The night was going to be Perfect. How could it not be. He knew she would look more than great in anything that she choose to wear. Even if Ava wore a paper bag, Sterling would find her gorgeous.

Still smiling, Sterling kept his eyes on Ava. "Where shall we meet that night? Would you like to meet in the Great Hall or in the Common room?" Sterling wondered wanting to get some details. Maybe the details would make this whole even seem real. As of now it was nothing close to real in this young boy's mind.

Ava wanted to jump up and down with excitement or she just wanted to hug him, either one was good. As he laughed Ava felt her cheeks begin to burn but she careful managed to let her hair fall back onto her cheeks in the hopes that Sterling would't catch her blushing. Though he had seen her many times before Ava just wanted to keep her cool at that moment, he had just asked her to the Yule Ball and she wasn't going to make a fool of heself.

At his question Ava felt an excited rush run through her. It was actually happening. She was actually going to the ball with him. "How does the great hall sound?" She suggested thinking it would be best. Though how would he find her? She could find him easily, though she may blend in with the rest of the crowd. "At the doors of the great hall." She added with a small smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back