OOC First Name
Harleigh
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Curved 13 Inch Rigid Elm Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
After getting caught by the Headmistress of all people in the kitchens last night, Scott and Issac were banned from desserts for a week, lost house points, and were required to wash every dish by hand after dinner. He was already sleepy from his classes today and had homework to think about. Scott accepted the fact that he probably wasn't going to get any sleep tonight. He made his way into the kitchen and greeting the house-elves that were working. Before beginning, he turned to the house-elves to apologize. "I'm sorry that we ruined a bunch of food. It was selfish." Scott took a deep breath and turned toward the massive piles of dishes. He took off his robe and rolled up his sleeves, getting to work.

Issac sighs as he walks towards the kitchens to get to work on his punishment. His parents had sent him a letter this afternoon letting him know how disappointed they were of him. His selfish act had gotten him to lose points for his points, which probably made his housemates mad, and it just makes him guilty thinking about it. But he wasn't alone with this punishment. His new friend, whom he had met last night, Scott came along for the ride and Issac also felt guilty that his new friend had to go through this punishment with him.

He walked into the kitchen and noticed that a few house-elves were doing their regular work and saw that Scott was already there. He walks up to some of the elves that were working. "I'm really, really sorry for ruining all you guys' hard work on preparing all those nice treats," Issac says apologetically with a guilty look on his face. He then walked towards where Scott was and took off his robes and rolled his sleeves up. "Hey," Issac said sadly. "You want to wash while I dry the dishes? Or would you like me to help you wash as well?" Issac questions as he grabs a random tea towel that he finds.

Scott smiled sheepishly at Issac as he entered. "Hey, you can dry. That'll probably help us get done faster." He said taking scrubbing some hardened mashed potatoes off a plate. "Even though we got in trouble, I still had fun." Scott felt bad for losing house points, especially since he had done a bunch of hard work in class to earn points already. All of that had gone to waste. "I guess the punishment could've been worse, but I definitely wish I could've had some chocolate cake for dessert tonight." He shrugged it off, handing Issac the now clean dish to dry. Scott picked up another plate and began to clean it, this one was less gross.

Issac smiles at Scott. "I did do. It was cool meeting you last night too" Issac says as he smiles and he plays with the tea towel by throwing it up and catching it a couple of times. "That's true," Issac says with a small shrug as he stops throwing and catching the tea towel and slowly grabs the plate that Scott finished cleaning and started drying the plate. "That chocolate cake looked so good to eat," Issac says with a smile and had heart eyes imagining the yummy cake he saw earlier that night. Once he was finished drying the plate, he placed the dried plate on the counter that had plenty of space to stack the plates.

Scott handed him another clean plate and grabbed another, carefully washing it. This is going to take forever. He sighed. "We only have six more days of no dessert." Scott was definitely counting down in his head. "Have much homework?" He asked, handing Issac the clean plate. Reaching his hand in the water, his fingers instantly repulsed at the feeling of something squishy. "Ew, dude, there is something slimy in there." Scott's face wrinkled as he pulled his shirt over his nose and began washing another plate in an attempt to ignore the mystery sludge.

Issac nodded and smiled slightly when he mentioned about only six days left of no dessert. He couldn't wait until those six days end. He really wanted some dessert. "Not much that I know of," Issac replies to Scott's question and shrugs. He then dries another clean plate that Scott hands him over and stacks it on top of the plate he had dried first dried. Issac shivers in disgust when Scott says that there is something slimy on one of the plates. "Would you like me to wash the plates instead, and you dry? Or are you still alright with washing?" Issac questions.

"Nothing like gross sludge to wake you up." Scott laughed. "Yeah, I'll keep washing, if you want we can switch halfway through?" He continued doing the dull task of washing dishes. "At least it's only one night of dishes, could you imagine doing this for a week?" Scott cringed at the thought of doing this every night for seven days. He felt more alert now between conversation with Issac and the gross sludge.

Issac laughs a little when Scott mentions about 'gross sludge to wake you up' and nods a little about that statement. "That sounds like a plan," Issac says with a smile and a nod when Scott offered the idea about switching halfway through. He didn't want Scott to do all the hard scrubbing. "Doing this for a whole week would just be the worse" Issac says with a sigh as he continues drying the plates that are handed to him.

Scott nodded, handing him a dish to dry. "Are you going to tell your parents?" He thought again for a moment. "Do they tell our parents?" Since Hogwarts didn't have any phones, he would have to wait for 3-4 for a letter from his mom or grandma. It was explained how they intercept letters meant for Hogwarts from non-magical people to their magical kin. He knew he could still send them an owl and he was strongly considering it since he felt so guilty. "Have you talked to your family since you've been here?" Scott handed Issac another dish to dry.

Issac sighs a little. "Yea my parents know. They sent a letter saying how disappointed they were" Issac says as he looks down as he dries the next dish that was handed to him. He doesn't even remember the last time his parents were disappointed in him. "I have talked to them once or twice since I got here. I've just been busy doing school work that I forget to do it." Issac says sadly as he puts the dish that he finished drying where the rest of the dry dishes are.

Scott's eyes widened at the thought. "Oh no, that's awful. I haven't heard from my mom or grandma." He felt bad enough, maybe they would give him a break. Scott scrubbed the dishes quietly for a few minutes trying to tackle more of the task before he got too drowsy. They were nearly halfway through the stacks.

"It was awful. They were really close to sending me a howler" Issac says with a small but sad chuckle and he dried more dishes. His eyes started close when they were halfway there, he started to get sleepy. It was quiet for a little while until Issac broke the silence "You want to swap tasks now? We're like halfway, if not almost halfway with doing these dishes" Issac questions as he yawns halfway through what he was saying.

Scott wondered what a howler was, but was too scared to ask. He wondered if it had anything to do with those yelling letters students got. "Yeah, we can swap," Scott said grabbing a fresh, dry towel to begin drying. "Thanks." He said with a soft smile before yawning widely. "I couldn't imagine being down here in the dungeons all the time like Slytherin. It would make me so sleepy." The dimness made him want to curl up somewhere cozy and take a nap.

Issac smiled and nodded when Scott agreed to swap jobs. He put away the towel he was using, with the rest of the dirty towels that were used hours ago that were in need of a wash. Issac then stood in front of the sink, grabbed a dirty dish and started to wash it. Issac shuddered a little when Scott mentioned about the dungeons. The place kinda sounded scary to him and he also kinda hated dark places. "For sure, I guess" I a slight smile and shrug. As he gave the newly cleaned dish to Scott, for him to dry. Issac grabs another dirty dish and started to clean it, as he yawns. "I hope I can get some sleep after this" Issac says with a slight laugh as he hands over another newly clean dish to Scott.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back