a dish best served cold

Myuna Kickett

OOC First Name
Mia
OOCOut of Character:
the start of the downfall of the seventh year party

Myuna had heard of the party that was going on tonight. by the way that the seventh years had been carrying on she was actually surprised that half the school didn't know. maybe they did know but just didn't care or unlike her they had been invited. she had seen seventh years and some other students leaving the common room that evening some under the pretence of doing something else she was sure if she checked she would see a pile of discarded bags and books tucked inside classrooms left as the party goers left there disguise of spending the evening in the library and instead headed down to what she was sure was being described as the place to be tonight.
Myuna left the slytherin house just before curfew in two minds as to what she was going to be doing this evening, one thought was to crash the party and attend anyway. she was sure she would be able to find them in the forest, another thought was to o for a swim in the lake. she loved swimming at night and the warm summer air made it a pleasant experience. the third option was to find a professor and report the party and FINALLY get revenge on the damn prefect who had almost got her expelled the previous year. she made a brief stop in the kitchen to pick up a late night snack of oreos and peanut butter and was half way through them when she reached the entrance hall. now she had better make up her mind. she stood in the hall as the bell chimed the hour. now it was officially curfew. if she wanted to find a professor she had better head up stairs. if she wanted to crash the party of go swimming she had better get outside. she stood there in the darkness for a minute chewing on the biscuits a slight crunch lightly echoing with each bite she had.

Connor had many students to give grades for in all her classes. She never grading them right away either, she took notes during her classes on the students progress and then later in the day she would begin to grade the students based on how well they've done. Today she was backed up with the grades for both her first and second year classes. There were many students but she found it easy to remember them, where they had been sitting. She always takes roll call before the class begins and she marks on a piece of paper where the student is sitting and then takes notes on the students there on the seating chart. Her only hope would be that they pick the same seats every time and she'd be able to address them by name after awhile. By the time the first years are forth years she is sure she'd be able to tell who they are by name. But the third years, she'd be lucky if she recognized them in the Spring next school year.

Staying in her office during dinner Connor found herself hungry and made her way from the Charms classroom and her office out into the hall. Checking the time she figured she wasn't on patrol of the corridors tonight but it didn't hurt her reputation with the other professors she figured by being on the look out for any late nighters who should be in their own offices. She was once in school she knew it was exciting to go and break the rules. She figured she had the chance of finding a student that night. Getting down to the entrance hall she noticed how dark it was and she heard noise as if someone was munching. Pulling out her wand she used it as a light to make her way towards the sound "Whoever is there. Show yourself, this is Professor Barnard." Connor said firmly, not scared, she could easily take anyone in a duel.

Myuna stopped eating when a figure appeared. And lit their wand. From the light of e wand una could see that whoever it was wasnt familiar to them but she did seem older than most of the students meaning she was most likely a professor. Maybe one of the new ones. If she was right then her decision had been taken out of her hands. New teachers were always caught up in e rules and she was sure unless she offered a good story she would be in trouble for being out of bed even if it was only a few minutes after curfew. The advantage of new teachers was that they wouldn't know her reputation, a reputation that usually proceeded her in schools. a reputation which wasn't truly fully earned. She couldn't help who she was, how she looked, who her mob were, how she had gotten sick of the side glances that followed her saying watch out for at one, She's aboriginal.
The lady spoke as she seemed to know she was there and stated that she was indeed a professor. Professor Barnard to be exact. That was a name that una didn't recognise not as though she was big into classes or knowing the professors names. They were all pretty much the same fun spoilers. However she knew how to work the system (or at least she thought she knew, after the incident last year maybe she didn't know as much as she would like). She stepped out of the shadows a worried expression on her face. "p-p-professor b-barnard. thank goodness you're here, I,I am really worried" she said pausing for a moment. She really wanted to lay it on thick. For once she was moment eerily glad that after last year her grandma had made her go to finishing school last winter, maybe this was even worth it if it worked. But then again if Athena hadn't robbed on her she wouldn't have been forced to go and she wouldn't have needed to get revenge. None of this showed on her face, she had lied to enought teachers at school to have perfected the poker face although professor Styx seemed to be able to see through it.

Connor lowered her wand slightly at the sound of stuttering. It sounded like a confused student and she felt bad for the girl. Moving closer she found the Slytherin in the corridor with food it looked liked. Of course Connor was hungry but she had a duty and this student sounded truly upset about something. She was older so it wasn't a student she was ever going to teach, this might be the first and last time she ever saw the student. She had to make sure it left a good impression, one that followed the rules. "What's the matter, uh your name?" Professor Connor was unsure of the girl's name, but she knew it was after curfew and this student was breaking the rules by being out and about, no matter what the trouble was. If anything was the matter she should've gone to her Head of House before the bell marking curfew rung a few minutes ago. Connor was sure that whatever this girl knew she must've known for awhile. There wasn't any letter she was gripping with an owl nearby or anything. But Connor was finding it hard to see in the dark, she was glad the girl stood out in her vision compared to the walls.

Myuna didn't need to try too hard to pretend to be all worked up. "Professor, I didn't know what to do. I saw some students leave the common room talking about a party. i, i followed them up here. thinking i may crash the party." she said. "I mean there isn't much to do in the evenings so crashing a party sounded like a good idea" she said. explaining why she following them towards the party. that was all sort of true. she had followed a few seventh years out towards the party part wanting to crash. "well they headed out of the doors. i watched from over where you saw me as you could see through the window from there, and they went down the lawn and into the forrest professor" she said. if she was able to this would have been the place that would have been a good place to pretend to cry but no matter how hard she tried she couldn't make herself cry. "and well. i don't know if they were safe so i waited here watching to see their wands heading back. or waiting for a professor. I just wanted to make sure they are okay." she said "I heard that A professor was killed in there a few years back. and not just any professor miss, he was a part giant. there are Wild centaurs in there. werewolf cubs, acromantular" she said listing some of the things she had heard. the tone of her voice getting more and more worked up with each thing she added to the list. She was trying her best to make the professor need to go and find them. and get the people organising it (of which she was fairly sure she knew who one of them was) in big trouble. she hope she was doing it right. each teacher had their own knack, but the other students in danger was a good way to get out of trouble. plus just to be on the safe she she didn't mention her name, just in case as it would be less likely she got in trouble if the professor didn't know who she was.
OOCOut of Character:
sorry if it is a little lame

Professor Connor listened to the student minding herself from clamping a hand over the girl's mouth. She asked for a name and didn't get one. Connor was worried with how upset the student was however. It made her see that she needed to deal with this student, calm her down get her name and send her back to whatever Common Room she had come from. She heard about the Forest before. Her lips pursed, she needed to catch the students who were breaking the rules. "What is your name? Do you know the names of any of the students who are at the party? Are they from your house?" She asked the student trying to figure out how she knew about this party in the woods. She spoke in a hurried tone but calm enough to not frighten the poor girl in front of her more. She needed a name or two in case they ran and she was about to catch them all, she wondered what other Professors were about the castle on patrols. She wasn't sure how many students she'd be dealing with, it made her wonder if she'd be able to deal with them all.

Myuna was glad the professor seemed to be distracted from her being out of bead by the party. She didn't know if she would get into trouble and to be honest she didn't mind trouble as she knew it would only be a fraction of what the others would be in. Unfortunately for her the professor still wanted to know her name as well as the names of the other students there. "me names una professor, but please don't tell 'em who I am as you know what it's like to be a student if they know I reported them I am sure they'll find some way to get back at me 'fore they graduate" she said a little dry orio getting stuck in her throat causing her voice to break a little as she said that. "I didn' see many o em goin n didn' really see who i' was bu I am pretty sure I heard 'thena zefarovitch organised it, she's a Slytherin too, bu' I think all th houses are there. she said her strong Australian accent coming through like it always did when she was annoyed, upset, angry or emotional, she made sure to only name who she really cared about getting into trouble. The others didn't matter either way to her. "I jus wan them to be safe. An I know how danj'rous it's a night" she said hoping that now she would just get send back to her house so the professor could go and sort out the seventh years.

Connor was growing on her nerves with the girl in front of her. Though it was mostly her own fault, having a harder time understanding the girl's accent than she should. Sighing she put a comforting hand on the girl's shoulder while glancing out the window, she would have to go out there alone now. There was nothing to do about it, she only hoped she would be able to get there before trouble really starting for the students in the woods. Athena zefarovitch, Connor was sure to remember this name well. She hadn't a clue who the girl was of course. But now she knew she was a Slytherin, she guessed most in attendance would be from that house as well. Meaning she would have to speak with Professor Styx, the Head of House. He didn't really scare her much, she was actually really taking a liking to his dark manner. It reminded her of her old Charms Professor from Durmstrang. Though she'd never mention it to the older Professor. "Una, dear. It would not be my meaning to ever tell them who it was that told me. It would be against my confidentiality that I have with you. But I do need your full name, girl. I'm sorry to say but you are up after hours, I'll have to report you to your Head of House," Connor said to the girl making sure her hand had enough pressure as to make sure the girl wouldn't think of running. She knew full well that they students were terrified of the Slytherin Head of House, despite not having been in the castle very long.

Myuna realised too late that she was still going to be reported. And bit her lip just as much to hold back some things she could have said as because she was nervous. She was too far now to back off and give a different name. Not that that would have gotten her in less trouble. At least one thing was sure, she seventh years wouldn't know it was her who had tipped off the professors. "myuna, miss, myuna kickett" she said giving her whole name. And feeling her heart sink to her toes. What if professor Styx got mad at her for getting one of his relatives in trouble and decided to expel her for real this time. Then gamma liz would be pointing the bone at her that's for sure. professor please I was only out because I wanted to make sure they were found safe by someone, i was only doing the right thing. T'would have been easyer to let 'em stay there and who knows what may have happened to them come morning. Besides it was only a couple of minutes after curfew when I found you professor, it's only later now 'cause we were yarnin. she said taking a few deep breaths. She didn't mind getting into a little trouble, loosing the house a few points she hadn't earned but that didn't mean that she wouldn't try and get out of it if she was given half the chance.

Professor Connor just short of shook her head slightly as the girl talked. If the students in the forest were in any danger she had to go now. They were in much more danger than the girl in front of her. "Alright, alright. Now you're going to need to report to your Head of House's office in the Common Area for Slytherin. If he isn't there, he soon will be. As there'll be Slytherins out there that he will also need to deal with once I've sent them to him," she said to the girl. She felt bad having to make her deal with her head of house. She knew he had a reputation of not being the kindest person in the world. She would actually be surprised if he had ever married and had children. They must of had a very hard childhood she thought, very much like some of her friend's lives from Durmstrang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back